INT+ Over Magic Atk Bonus?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Black Mage » INT+ over magic atk bonus?
INT+ over magic atk bonus?
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-11-03 05:54:59
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Vaness said: »
Though it was .5 MaB for any INT that goes over the monster natural INT.Remember back at 75, some1 told me to get (for stuff like ouryu/fafnir ect not puddings..) something like 120 int total (gears + natural int) then pure MaB > Int > Magic acc > Elemental skill.

Does that calculation still stands?And anyone know what is the new base int we should have?Always wondered but never bothered with all the new gear/MM atma.

That was never accurate, really, it was just a guideline.
If I remember correct, it was like 120 INT and 320 skill not to get resisted all the time (on harder nms)
On some mobs not even that were enough to never get resisted!
 Asura.Oceanlab
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Oceanlab 2011-11-24 20:36:50
Link | Citer | R

Been wondering which combination of earrings should be used for VW. Strophadic, Hecates, and Novio.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-11-24 20:39:06
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Oceanlab said: »
Been wondering which combination of earrings should be used for VW. Strophadic, Hecates, and Novio.
Novio/Hecate's, if you're getting resisted with Ascetic's up (and probably even without tbh) then you're using the wrong element.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [50 days between previous and next post]
By Miico 2012-01-13 12:35:07
Link | Citer | R

A friend and I did a test on this while naked and level 95. 1 Mab = ~2.7 INT. I could care less about resists tbh. On the rare occasion it does happen, in abyssea the mob will still take about 4k dmg, and outside aby about 1500 dmg. I, and most people, fill up on as much MAB as possible. I would like to know how much MAGIC DAMAGE calculates as.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Nightson
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Nightson
By Phoenix.Nightson 2012-01-13 12:52:58
Link | Citer | R

you can't just toss out one test and say thats the formula due to race differences in int and all the other factors. Even mobs family plays a part and job mdb etc. So what did you test that on anyway? Edit: Beaten while typing i guess! lol

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.