Serveur: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2011-03-09 16:02:55
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Bismarck.Altar said:
I agree with Maxse.
It's fine I guess if you're inside abyssea and the bulk of your stats is coming from abyssites/atma anyways
But especially if you're outside, you're gimping your ws by a lot.

It'd be pretty difficult as things currently stand to gimp your WS so badly that it outweighs the ~25% increase in ws freq from a 5hit.
Isn't it considered a 20% increase? I'm never sure how you calc it, if its 5/4 or 1 - 4/5.
Also, it's not just that you have to increase your ws dmg by 20/25% to make up for it, you also have to include that you're lowering your tp phase damage when you add stp
Note that I'm not trying to say omg go for 6 hit no matter what, just trying to put numbers with the two builds. For a 504 you definitely want to use a 5 hit, but with 482 you have to sacrifice a lot more to get the last bits of stp.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Serveur: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2011-03-09 16:06:48
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Altar said:

Also, it's not just that you have to increase your ws dmg by 20/25% to make up for it, you also have to include that you're lowering your tp phase damage when you add stp
Note that I'm not trying to say omg go for 6 hit no matter what, just trying to put numbers with the two builds. For a 504 you definitely want to use a 5 hit, but with 482 you have to sacrifice a lot more to get the last bits of stp.

Keep in mind when your xhit gets lower and lower, the DoT/WS ratio slips heavily in favor to WS. So the actual damage from your TP phase becomes less important. I can tell you now you're not going to see a drop of 20% overall DMG just because you have to use STP gear.
[+]
 Caitsith.Ejin
Guide Maker
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Ejin
By Caitsith.Ejin 2011-03-09 19:01:45
Link | Citer | R

opps
[+]
 Bahamut.Aeronis
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-03-10 17:29:49
Link | Citer | R

Look at this guy! Proof that Uther's grip is clearly da best.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2011-03-10 17:34:37
Link | Citer | R

Looks to me like its proof that even if you have top notch gear, you can still be HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.

Or town gear.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [49 days between previous and next post]
 Alexander.Msthief
Serveur: Alexander
user: Msthief87
By Alexander.Msthief 2011-04-28 19:37:59
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Gradd said:
Empyrean does not = Skill/Knowlege

Gimps of all kinds can get Empyreans

True Story.

I definitely agree. He could have done this with a group - IMO you only get the "knowledge" you're talking about if you solo/duo your empyrean.
 Bismarck.Altar
Serveur: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2011-04-28 20:26:01
Link | Citer | R

Alexander.Msthief said:
Fenrir.Gradd said:
Empyrean does not = Skill/Knowlege

Gimps of all kinds can get Empyreans

True Story.

I definitely agree. He could have done this with a group - IMO you only get the "knowledge" you're talking about if you solo/duo your empyrean.

Duoing glavoid with nin & whm gives you GAxe knowledge?
Knowledge does not at all have to be related to what you do in game.

The people I trust most to give me info on Warrior don't even have the job levelled.
[+]
 Shiva.Darkmacabre
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Darkmacabre 2011-04-28 20:55:30
Link | Citer | R

lmfao wtf
 Cerberus.Tikal
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-05-02 14:42:20
Link | Citer | R

Alexander.Msthief said:

No, sorry. My intimate knowledge of WAR has nothing to do with burning through my Ukonvasara low-man. It has to do with leveling Great Axe concurrently with Axe when 2-handers weren't effective weapon choices, it had to do with understanding the value of skills like Shield Break and Full Break, utilizing Full Break and Steel Cyclone to make Darkness for mages, and rejoicing when the weapon became WAR's main weapon.

Ukon is just icing on the cake.
 Sylph.Biginallways
Serveur: Sylph
user: Biggie87
By Sylph.Biginallways 2011-05-02 14:46:53
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Tikal said:
Alexander.Msthief said:
No, sorry. My intimate knowledge of WAR has nothing to do with burning through my Ukonvasara low-man. It has to do with leveling Great Axe concurrently with Axe when 2-handers weren't effective weapon choices, it had to do with understanding the value of skills like Shield Break and Full Break, utilizing Full Break and Steel Cyclone to make Darkness for mages, and rejoicing when the weapon became WAR's main weapon. Ukon is just icing on the cake.

lol shield break and full break and the days of war/thf steel cyclone build are long gone my friend.
 Cerberus.Tikal
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-05-02 14:47:54
Link | Citer | R

Duh