Serveur: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2011-03-08 18:49:38
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Sheelay said:
Bismarck.Altar said:
Cerberus.Tikal said:
DA does not cap at 25%. Regardless if it does cap, we won't be hitting the cap fruitfully - it's past 50% DA, and even in full gear in Abyssea, you shouldn't be using DA Atmas.

Anyway, with Ukon you should be using Rose Strap to hit a 5-hit. Uther's is only good for Fellcleaving, and Pole is good if you're not aiming for a x-hit, which you ought to be with Ukon.

I could be wrong, but I'm nearly certain you actually *need* to use a DA atma to 5 hit a Ukon. (Voracious Violet for the Regain)

DA Atmas usually come with something other than just DA, like VV, which is one of the best Atmas a WAR can use anyways, so yeah..

That was pretty much my point though, that you'd be using an atma with DA.

Also, you need 39stp with a Ukon and /sam to get a 5hit. I think the max you can get in gear is 38? So unless you're using a STP atma, you'll need some form of regain. I got 38 from myffxigearkicksass; could be wrong.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-03-08 19:19:09
Link | Citer | R

carbonara
[+]
 Bismarck.Altar
By Bismarck.Altar 2011-03-08 19:27:28
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
carbonara
>.>
Damn you.
 Bahamut.Dasva
Serveur: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-08 19:27:38
Link | Citer | R

If you assume 2 tics of regain from VV would only need 32
 Odin.Sheelay
Serveur: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-03-08 19:30:38
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Altar said:
Odin.Sheelay said:
Bismarck.Altar said:
Cerberus.Tikal said:
DA does not cap at 25%. Regardless if it does cap, we won't be hitting the cap fruitfully - it's past 50% DA, and even in full gear in Abyssea, you shouldn't be using DA Atmas.

Anyway, with Ukon you should be using Rose Strap to hit a 5-hit. Uther's is only good for Fellcleaving, and Pole is good if you're not aiming for a x-hit, which you ought to be with Ukon.

I could be wrong, but I'm nearly certain you actually *need* to use a DA atma to 5 hit a Ukon. (Voracious Violet for the Regain)

DA Atmas usually come with something other than just DA, like VV, which is one of the best Atmas a WAR can use anyways, so yeah..

That was pretty much my point though, that you'd be using an atma with DA.

Also, you need 39stp with a Ukon and /sam to get a 5hit. I think the max you can get in gear is 38? So unless you're using a STP atma, you'll need some form of regain. I got 38 from myffxigearkicksass; could be wrong.

I wasn't disagreeing with you at all, simply pointing out the obvious
 Ramuh.Attribute
Serveur: Ramuh
user: XGP0001
By Ramuh.Attribute 2011-03-08 22:20:12
Link | Citer | R

See this is the kinda stuff i'm talking about. Helpful stuff for WARs. But i'm working on parses as we speak.
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2011-03-08 22:45:44
Link | Citer | R

Okay damn think for a minute

For example
Ear Slot: Ravager's Earring VS Centaurus Earring. 7 Attack difference. Clear winner is Ravager's Earring.
1% double Attack <=V.S.=> 7 Attack.

So why the hell would 2% Double attack on pole grip lose to 4 STR and 4 GAXE Skill (Roughly 7 Attack/ 4Acc)

Uther's increases damage per swing from attack only. [FSTR is capped on most content these days, so is accuracy]

Pole increases Damage over time. Along with weapon skill frequency. Each double attack in the TP phase shaves off an attack round it would take to reach 100 TP.

Don't waste your time parsing it. Not only is Pole Grip superior for DoT, it also trumps Uther's for weapon skills.

The only reason I have Uther's is for Ranger [Beats Axe Grip], and BZ for Scythe Procs [Pole doesn't do much]

Edit: Sword Grip might do me more good for BZ but eh. Its usually only on for a SOD and thats it.
 Cerberus.Tikal
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-03-09 12:38:30
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Altar said:

You're forgetting Moonshade earring.
 Lakshmi.Seoha
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Mameshiba
By Lakshmi.Seoha 2011-03-09 12:47:53
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Tikal said:
Bismarck.Altar said:
aw damn, beat me to it D:
 Bismarck.Altar
By Bismarck.Altar 2011-03-09 13:53:12
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Tikal said:
Bismarck.Altar said:

That counts as regain!
I think
I don't remember what the initial argument was and I don't feel like looking it up
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-03-09 13:55:36
Link | Citer | R

You argued that you'd have to use a regain atma to hit a true 5-hit, which isn't true with Moonshade.
 Bismarck.Altar
By Bismarck.Altar 2011-03-09 14:22:16
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Tikal said:
You argued that you'd have to use a regain atma to hit a true 5-hit, which isn't true with Moonshade.

Ah. Fair enough then

Side note, If anyone is wondering, the costs of going from a 6 hit to a 5 hit with a Ukon:
19str, 129att, 8% DA. (and -26 acc)
 Bahamut.Dasva
Serveur: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-09 14:24:06
Link | Citer | R

Yeah but you should be setting VV anyways for the str and double attack... so regain atma is kinda a given
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-03-09 14:38:02
Link | Citer | R

Assuming what build Altar?

-2% DA Pole Grip, -2% DA/-3 STR Ravager's Gorget, -35 Attk/-3% DA Atheling Mantle, -4 STR/-8 Attk Ravager's Orb, -4 STR/-4 DEX Hoard Ring

Idk what would go in place of the ring, but it certainly doesn't add up to -128 attk, and my math isn't even coming from a 6-hit.
 Bismarck.Altar
By Bismarck.Altar 2011-03-09 14:43:55
Link | Citer | R

I was including Carbonara vs RC Buns and Using a restraint down set.
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-03-09 14:45:18
Link | Citer | R

You don't need Carbonara to hit a 5-hit though, even outside of Abyssea. >_> That was kinda my point.
 Bismarck.Altar
By Bismarck.Altar 2011-03-09 15:00:52
Link | Citer | R

What are you WSing in, whats your tp return from ws?
By alas 2011-03-09 15:09:51
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Tikal said:
You don't need Carbonara to hit a 5-hit though, even outside of Abyssea. >_> That was kinda my point.
This.

38 stp from gear (max currently available from existing gear) and 15 from /sam makes for 19.8tp per swing (times 4 = 79.2). Ukko's is a 2hit, so you'll get 19.8 + 1 return, putting you at 100tp exact. Moonshade Earring is indeed an improvement over Attila's, but for the second augment, not because of the regain (unless of course you miss the second hit on your WS).

*WS tp return numbers assume using full stp gear for Ukko's.
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-03-09 15:22:44
Link | Citer | R

TP return, if my math is right, should be 17.586. TPing with 27 Store TP, considering both hits land.

With Carb, it'd be 18.36, TPing with 33 Store TP, considering both hits land.

Just to note, this is also bare minimum store TP. Store TP II/Rose Strap/White Tathlum/Brutal Earring/Rajas Ring.
 Bismarck.Maxse
user: maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2011-03-09 15:22:51
Link | Citer | R

I don't think using in full Stp gear just to maintain xhit is ideal.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2011-03-09 15:32:57
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Maxse said:

Weapon skilling? Part of me would have to agree.
 Bismarck.Maxse
user: maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2011-03-09 15:35:04
Link | Citer | R

Ya meant to say weapon skilling.
By alas 2011-03-09 15:40:27
Link | Citer | R

Base tp for a Ukonvasara is 13tp per swing with 0 stp. 13 * 1.53(full stp gear and /sam) = 19.8 (technically 19.89 but it's floored at the tenths place)

As for whether or not ws'ing in stp gear to maintain 5hit is the best thing, sorta depends on the situation. If you're doing a semi-extended fight where the mob will survive more than a handful of weapon skills, then yes, it is worth it since +20% more weaponskills will produce more DoT (4 hits is 20% less hits than 5, in case anyone is wondering where the 20% came from). For this type of situation, think of mobs like AV or PW, etc.
If you're dicking around with xp mobs in Abyssea then who really cares about ws frequency since half the time you're holding tp to avoid ruby lights anyway. Most Abyssea NMs, not all but most, won't stand up to extended Ukko's Fury spam either. Basically, anytime you're holding tp you're better off with no stp...if you use spellcast, it's not hard to create a second group for tp holding phase and then manually switch groups via a macro.
"/sc group 5hit" vs "/sc group fulldamage"
Either of these mode switches can then be followed by a second line "/sc set melee" to switch up melee gear based on your mode.
[+]
 Bismarck.Altar
By Bismarck.Altar 2011-03-09 15:40:56
Link | Citer | R

I agree with Maxse.
It's fine I guess if you're inside abyssea and the bulk of your stats is coming from abyssites/atma anyways
But especially if you're outside, you're gimping your ws by a lot.

For Tikal,
If we go with 18 (no food) on return, you need 82 from tp. Your current setup gives you 78. Plus the 1tp regain/ 3 seconds.

With Haste+ Double March you're swinging every 3 seconds, so you'll get the 82 you need. But if you get a DA proc, you'll end up wasting a swing.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-03-09 15:41:03
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Maxse said:
You wouldn't have to though, especially if you rely on a second hit landing.
Cerberus.Tikal said:
TP return, if my math is right, should be 17.586. TPing with 27 Store TP, considering both hits land.

With Carb, it'd be 18.36, TPing with 33 Store TP, considering both hits land.

Just to note, this is also bare minimum store TP. Store TP II/Rose Strap/White Tathlum/Brutal Earring/Rajas Ring.
TP return is truncated to the first decimal.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Serveur: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2011-03-09 15:45:47
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Altar said:
I agree with Maxse.
It's fine I guess if you're inside abyssea and the bulk of your stats is coming from abyssites/atma anyways
But especially if you're outside, you're gimping your ws by a lot.

It'd be pretty difficult as things currently stand to gimp your WS so badly that it outweighs the ~25% increase in ws freq from a 5hit.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-03-09 15:47:24
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, realized that a second ago but figured it didn't need fixing.

Altar, just keep one more Store TP piece on and, it's close but should remedy the situation. You may lose .1 pdf on Ukko's (Thunder Belt), but by leaving Goading on, you don't have to eat Carb and keep the attk off RCB.
By alas 2011-03-09 15:48:28
Link | Citer | R

It should be noted however that adding Moonshade Earring to your tp phase set will essentially allow you to remove 15 stp from your WS set. Assuming 2 tics of refresh. Using VV atma, that regain would allow for an additional 30 stp being removed from the ws set, again assuming 2 tics. All in all, you need zero stp on ws in Abyssea with moonshade and VV regain tics.
So really, the only place you'd need stp on your ws set would be outside Abyssea.
 Ramuh.Yarly
Serveur: Ramuh
user: nignog
By Ramuh.Yarly 2011-03-09 15:49:41
Link | Citer | R

use a danger grip, it's dangerous!
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-03-09 15:51:11