Cloudsplitter vs. Rampage
First Page 2 3
 Bahamut.Zoltar
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Zoltar
By Bahamut.Zoltar 2011-03-01 09:33:00
Link | Citer | R

Anyone think it will be worth it to do a MND/STR build for Cloudsplitter? With Aftermath processing, which would be a better spam?
 Bahamut.Dasva
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-01 09:37:39
Link | Citer | R

Be easier to fell if I could find an exact formula... most importantly if it uses fint or some kind of dstat factor.

But MAB would be important too as would be +lightning dmg and tp bonus
By Serj 2011-03-01 09:41:12
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Hatchet piece クラウドスプリッタ Kuraudosupuritta 3.75 5.00 6.00 1 STR40% MND40% ダメージ Damage 闇/分解 Darkness / Disassembly 雷属性,魔法 系統無し Lightning attribute, no magic system

Not quite sure what the bolded part means..
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-01 09:49:36
Link | Citer | R

Yeah I could find that info. Just need to know if it follows the old magical ws formulas or it is more like most of the nyzle isle and beyond ones. And if the latter what stat it uses.

Like wiki still just shows sanguine blades str/mnd stat mods and ftp but completely forgets the dint factor
By Serj 2011-03-01 09:51:02
Link | Citer | R

Well, Gobli's page on magical ws makes my brain hurt...
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-01 09:53:13
Link | Citer | R

Gobli in general makes my brain hurt. Half the ***doesn't/can't translate thru normal tools since it is game terms and such.

If I had the ws or had someone who could run some quick tests I could back calculate real fast. Especially since already have ftp/stat mods so would only really need to confirm them and such then do the rest. Would need /blu or /blm though
 Bahamut.Zoltar
By Bahamut.Zoltar 2011-03-01 09:53:54
Link | Citer | R

And aftermath processes on any ws, right? (provided you are holding that weapon)
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-01 09:54:27
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Zoltar said:
And aftermath processes on any ws, right? (provided you are holding that weapon)
No
By Serj 2011-03-01 09:56:44
Link | Citer | R

Theoretical realm of the GODS on magical weapon skills!

Or something like that.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-03-01 09:57:27
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Be easier to fell if I could find an exact formula... most importantly if it uses fint or some kind of dstat factor.

But MAB would be important too as would be +lightning dmg and tp bonus
iirc Kirschy's results on Serahin's testing indicated it has no dSTAT component of any kind. 40% MND and STR, I forget the fTP. Will try and find it again.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-01 09:59:09
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
iirc Kirschy's results on Serahin's testing indicated it has no dSTAT component of any kind. 40% MND and STR, I forget the fTP. Will try and find it again.
It should have fint then. Only magical ws without either are the non elemental ones and well they don't use stats anyways.

That would be slightly dissapointing though since fint caps so damn low. Though it is added before ftp and ftp on this ws is pretty high... so not as bad if you aren't stacking rediculous amount of stat mods
 Bahamut.Zoltar
By Bahamut.Zoltar 2011-03-01 10:00:26
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Bahamut.Zoltar said:
No
Oh duh, I misread wiki...guess my question is still valid nonetheless lol
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-03-01 10:00:41
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
It should have fint then. Only magical ws without either are the non elemental ones and well they don't use stats anyways
I mean literally no mob-dependent component of any kind aside from MDT/MDB.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-01 10:01:50
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
It should have fint then. Only magical ws without either are the non elemental ones and well they don't use stats anyways
I mean literally no mob-dependent component of any kind aside from MDT/MDB.
That's what I mean should. If it doesn't it would litterally be one of a kind which I would always question. It would also make it suck more. Would make me want to see the actually testing values more than just the results
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-03-01 10:03:14
Link | Citer | R

See for yourself.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-01 10:15:58
Link | Citer | R

Wow his testing is strange and random lol. Kirschy just kinda assumed fint... and assumed a higher cap than the cap currently is. Which is kinda silly imo

Would really need -int spell to prove it isn't some dstat factor.

And the numbers are slightly off... kirschy assumes 1/10th tp but not even sure if that can be correct don't know if he had exact amounts or not which you should really be doing sekka to do 100% anyways and there can't be an error with 300% which makes the 5.7 ftp really suspicous.

I'll try reworking the values assuming fint but with the normal cap
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-01 10:51:15
Link | Citer | R

Edit: Bleh would really need much better testing. Like -int spell and knowing that they used sekki for 100% tp and seeing the dmg breaks to get a less asumption ridden ftp. The guy doing it didn't really seem to have much rhyme or reason in what he did and it's leading to inaccuracies no matter what values I use for anything somewhere lol
 Ramuh.Yarly
Serveur: Ramuh
user: nignog
By Ramuh.Yarly 2011-03-01 12:49:10
Link | Citer | R

At least they redid tests due to fencer being forgotten about.

Here Kirschy redid her math 3.75 @ 100, ~5.0 @ 200, 6 @ 300

And the conclusion is that cloudsplitter uses a new formula from other ele ws

Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-01 12:57:30
Link | Citer | R

Really hate the round about way they do it. Don't even try to alter the mob stats one bit. On top that the way she concluded it doesn't make sense. Somehow proving fencer gives more than 40tp proves no second term? Just too much assuming in it for my taste when you could just go out and hit a ep mob and prove there is no dstat factor. And if that assumption is wrong then other amounts are probably wrong too etc
 Sylph.Starstrukk
Serveur: Sylph
user: Xera
By Sylph.Starstrukk 2011-03-01 13:09:40
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
It should have fint then. Only magical ws without either are the non elemental ones and well they don't use stats anyways.

This is completely wrong, Flash Nova has no dSTAT nor does Herculean Slash. Then you have Sanguine and Wildfire with no dSTAT cap.

SE really started changing up the dSTAT check with the latest WSs.

Then as far as it the testing on BG goes, it matches up perfectly (least at 300 and Sekki, I don't have time to guess fTP <_<).

Shiva.Khimaira
Serveur: Shiva
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2011-03-01 13:12:22
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Bahamut.Zoltar said:
No

Aftermath doesn't process on WS
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-01 13:20:02
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Starstrukk said:
Then you have Sanguine and Wildfire with no dSTAT cap.
Actually they do cap. The cap is just very high

As far as the other ws did anyone actually trying proving it? Cause there is no actual proof in the cloudsplitter test on BG. Numbers lining up could mean there isn't or it could mean it does and something else is wrong. Half tempted to finish lvling club on blu to test flash nova
 Bahamut.Sakurawr
By Bahamut.Sakurawr 2011-03-01 13:27:52
Link | Citer | R

Generally I'd say Rampage is more worthwhile, assuming you use atmas that boost Splitter's damage (Lion, etc). Without I'd say test it on gear you currently have, then consider with extra gear will it beat out Rampage's 5 hit crit.
Aftermath isn't really a valid reason to use a much weaker weaponskill (assuming that's the case, I ain't a clue). Not on a 1 hander.
 Sylph.Starstrukk
Serveur: Sylph
user: Xera
By Sylph.Starstrukk 2011-03-01 13:48:43
Link | Citer | R

Hmmmmm, how high are those caps? I've been trying to collect dINT caps on nukes and such. If you have any general idea how high it is, I would appreciate it.

Is it like Bliz IV where it caps around 850 so no one cares? <_<;

As far as testing goes, it's just one of those, WS high level mob, WS low level mob, get same value kind of thing.

My friend might have something, but I personally never cared to document it as its something you can check in 2 minutes and I was only confirming what was already known. (Or so I thought) I'll ask him whenever he wakes up.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-01 13:53:20
Link | Citer | R

Oh I know how easy it would be... which is why I question why the guy testing didn't bother.

Anyways as far as dstat caps go not sure how accurate the info is since it's partly personal testing and partly trying to have someone back translate gobli. Golbi I beleive did blu spells and sanguine blade. I did wildfire.

For both of them it seemed to be 1276 for the whole term including the multiplier. So for most ws that would be 638 more stat than mob int. But yeah not sure if it is just 1276 or 638dstat since I only tested one with a 2 multiplier and kinda have to take someones word on the gobli translation... or burn another brew testing on trash mobs.

Either way you aren't probably going to reach without brew or until they introduce something crazy new
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-03-01 16:34:06
Link | Citer | R

The answer to this question is Raging Rush or Ukko's Fury.

Warrior should NEVER be dual wielding period.
[+]
 Fenrir.Rinnsi
user: Rinnsi
By Fenrir.Rinnsi 2011-03-01 16:43:25
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Gradd said:

i love how 1 update changes everyone opinion on something.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-01 16:43:35
Link | Citer | R

Hey swd chucks used to be good... at ya know 75.
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-03-01 16:45:34
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Hey swd chucks used to be good... at ya know 75.

After the 2hander update, even with Ridill dual wielding sucked, its not worth it in any way shape or form.
[+]
By Serj 2011-03-01 16:45:37
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Rinnsi said:
Fenrir.Gradd said:

i love how 1 update changes everyone opinion on something.

That update was years ago.
First Page 2 3