Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » Cloudsplitter vs. Rampage
Cloudsplitter vs. Rampage
 Bahamut.Sakurawr
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Sakurawr 2011-03-01 17:55:28
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Now Dragoon can eat there own wyvern for Unlimited powerz.

Seriously though, I don't understand the Cloudsplitter V. Rampage question? Rampage is better, especially in Abyssea. From Personal Experience though, Cloudsplitter performs pretty well on High-Level things, sort of the Magic-Equivalent to Gekko. This is a Warrior thread, so I can't really comment there, but for Beastmaster, I'm sure with Farsha's Aftermath, it's well worth the upgrade.
That's basically what we were looking for in 2 pages of thread.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Asura
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2011-03-01 18:08:52
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Fenrir.Gradd said:
Bahamut.Zoltar said:
I'm not a GA warrior
Suck Less.
God I remember when I used to say, "I'm a Great Axe War, mainly." and people would give me that same response.
[+]
 Hades.Stefanos
Serveur: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2011-03-01 18:09:53
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Zicdeh said:

Seriously though, I don't understand the Cloudsplitter V. Rampage question? Rampage is better, especially in Abyssea. From Personal Experience though, Cloudsplitter performs pretty well on High-Level things, sort of the Magic-Equivalent to Gekko. This is a Warrior thread, so I can't really comment there, but for Beastmaster, I'm sure with Farsha's Aftermath, it's well worth the upgrade.

Glad to hear that, another push in the direction of working on a Farsha for BST.
 Odin.Sheelay
Serveur: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-03-01 18:10:55
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Sakurawr said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:

That's basically what we were looking for in 2 pages of thread.

The thing is,

when you know Rampage is a 5 hit crit ws with a 10% chance to crit at 100TP and you know RR Atma gives you 30% Crit hit rate along with a 30% Boost to crit dmg (that you add to WAR's native 8% boost and the extra 10% from wearing +2 feet....for those who consider DW on WAR) why would you even consider Cloudsplitter, which is a 1 hit, non critical, elemental WS to be good?

It has an impressive TP modifier and activates the weapon's ODD, sure, but meh.. you'd need to give up major Atmas to try and buff the damage up.

tldr: WARs should know already
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-03-01 18:12:30
Link | Citer | R

Hades.Stefanos said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:

Glad to hear that, another push in the direction of working on a Farsha for BST.

I want to stress though, that I have pretty limited experience with it. Don't justify anything based on my post, there's surely more educated people here who know more, that was just my initial impressions of the WS, but Outside Abyssea doesn't really have a lot to test effectively against.
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-03-01 18:14:16
Link | Citer | R

BST can probably benefit more from it in Abyssea because he is likely to use Pet Atmas, so his personal damage wouldn't benefit from the most DD Job oriented Atmas.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-03-01 18:49:51
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Sheelay said:

The thing is,

when you know Rampage is a 5 hit crit ws with a 10% chance to crit at 100TP and you know RR Atma gives you 30% Crit hit rate along with a 30% Boost to crit dmg (that you add to WAR's native 8% boost and the extra 10% from wearing +2 feet....for those who consider DW on WAR) why would you even consider Cloudsplitter, which is a 1 hit, non critical, elemental WS to be good?

It has an impressive TP modifier and activates the weapon's ODD, sure, but meh.. you'd need to give up major Atmas to try and buff the damage up.

tldr: WARs should know already

I posted it somewhere else (Maybe in the BST version of this thread, but nobody gives a ***about bst it seems) but I was actually severely debating whether or not the Aftermath could overcome the huge discrepancy in Damage compared to Rampage, not to mention losing out on a few atmas if you're Atma'ing for Cloudsplitter itself.

Also, when Dual Wielding, Rampage effectively has a +1.0 ftp for the offhand strike, Cloudsplitter, being a magic WS, does not get that advantage, even while Dual Wielding. Fencer was supposed to be the answer to that, but losing a weapon, especially something like the OAT axe, definitely isn't worth the +40TP bonus (Maybe higher with Warriors greater tiers), even given the huge fTP bonuses with Cloudsplitter at higher TP.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Bravefencer
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Bravefencer 2011-03-01 18:58:42
Link | Citer | R

BST question: think we can solo carabosse using dipper?(RR,MC,DG or IT atmas)
 Cerberus.Valmur
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Valmur
By Cerberus.Valmur 2011-03-01 19:01:13
Link | Citer | R

Yes can solo cara easy with DY using RR GH and random 3rd atma of choice just takes awhile and annoys teh JPs
[+]
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-03-01 19:02:24
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Bravefencer said:

I must ask you, how do you always come up with the least Topic related questions whenever you post?

Cloudsplitter questions on a DRK topic, Ukon question (or something just as pertinent) on a Kannagi topic and now this! XD

My mind is blown
 Lakshmi.Bravefencer
By Lakshmi.Bravefencer 2011-03-01 19:03:24
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Valmur said:
Yes can solo cara easy with DY using RR GH and random 3rd atma of choice just takes awhile and annoys teh JPs

nice i'll try it (lol JP's)
 Lakshmi.Bravefencer
By Lakshmi.Bravefencer 2011-03-01 19:08:49
Link | Citer | R

@Sheelay i don't want to start a thread.. 1 question 1 answer.that's all =P
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-03-01 19:10:34
Link | Citer | R

I have, and almost raged it both times I did. I have a lot better gear now than I did before though. Also, While very resistant, Dippy will not always 95% down the Wind, I've had a few 2-3k Tornado II's cast on her. Doesn't happen often, but something to watch out for, because that can turn the fight real bad, real fast.
[+]
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-03-01 19:12:32
Link | Citer | R

@Sheelay i don't want to start a thread.. 1 question 1 answer.that's all =P

Hehe, fair enough XD
 Bahamut.Dasva
Serveur: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-01 19:18:35
Link | Citer | R

Along similar vain... what about haste atmas those apply to pets right? I'd imagine ascending one would be nice with the haste and 100 wind resist
 Leviathan.Dravik
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Darien
By Leviathan.Dravik 2011-03-01 19:27:35
Link | Citer | R

Biggest numbers i've gotten with cloudsplitter are around 3500-3800 with 300tp on bst. I'm missing very few pieces of gear for it.
That is also using 2 lightning boosting atmas and ultimate. With rampage i can use DD atmas which also benefit my pet plus do 3k+ with 100tp instead of 300. For bst unless your goofing around your better off with rampage. The loss of pet support from atmas just isn't been worth it in any SOLO situation I've found yet.

Where war is concerned use a gaxe.

apologize for the horrible grammar.
 Bismarck.Altar
Serveur: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2011-03-01 21:05:46
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Valmur said:

That annoys everyone.