that's pretty badass man, I can learn good things from you

hey now, i'm not dr. phil or some ***, i'm just some guy giving his two cents
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-02-16 23:37:25
Link | Citer | R

Oh and the fact that I care for my friends and family are a big factor in me enjoying life. Without them I would have killed myself by now most likely.

I don't exactly have anything incredible to live for, apart from life itself.

I do feel I was given a bad hand in life at times but it's not my nature to be pessimistic.
[+]
By Serj 2011-02-16 23:41:57
Link | Citer | R

Pandemonium.Ironguy said:
i mean, they can go ahead and rate it down, but ***, i've never possessed a suicidal tendency or even mere thought of doing such before with that moral in mind, so i'm happy either way you look at it

hell, i even listen to some pretty negative-thought-producing music, which imo music is a notable influence in some cases; still smiling away every day i wake up, because in the end, i value the ones around me

Quote:
The song is about a car crash. The boy is already dead and the fiddler (grim reaper) is urging the young girl to join him, who is dieing but not instantly dead. The parents are like the boy, instantly dead.

Apparently Hansi Kürsch saw a car crash a week before writing this song, so he wrote it about that (just a rumor)

D:

on an outgoing note, i'm sorry to hear of that mrs. spoons-that-are-blue, but it's cheerful to hear of your recovery from such an incident

I really like that song =o D&W is Iced Earth + Blind Guardian right?
[+]
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
Serveur: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-02-16 23:42:45
Link | Citer | R

yus
[+]
By Serj 2011-02-16 23:46:22
Link | Citer | R

I may have to venture deeper, then.
[+]
 Asura.Dajociont
Serveur: Asura
user: Jamehkun
By Asura.Dajociont 2011-02-16 23:51:56
Link | Citer | R

hngggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg
[+]
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-02-16 23:52:47
Link | Citer | R

hello dajociont how are you today
[+]
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2011-02-16 23:53:29
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Dajociont said:
hngggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg
 Asura.Dajociont
By Asura.Dajociont 2011-02-16 23:54:30
Link | Citer | R

Pandemonium.Ironguy said:
hello dajociont how are you today

raging as usual, how are you dear chap?
[+]
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-02-16 23:56:35
Link | Citer | R

idk man, atm i'm busy being on the verge of suicide from the sheer amount of -1's on my ffxiah.com profiles =(
[+]
 Asura.Dajociont
By Asura.Dajociont 2011-02-16 23:57:22
Link | Citer | R

sounds like you have a secret fagmirer
[+]
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-02-16 23:57:58
Link | Citer | R

maybe so, maybe so

and maybe you do too <333333333333333333333333333333333

wasn't me that typed that, nope
[+]
 Asura.Dajociont
By Asura.Dajociont 2011-02-17 00:00:49
Link | Citer | R

suicide and blushing in the same thread, oh jeez
[+]
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-02-17 00:02:24
Link | Citer | R

<(*^_^*)>
[+]
 Diabolos.Mmbacon
Serveur: Diabolos
user: Mmbacon
By Diabolos.Mmbacon 2011-02-17 00:02:34
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
There's a Freudian concept of a person's will-to-die. I personally don't think it's "cowardly" to commit suicide. Especially when you consider the most common fear is the fear of the unknown. There's nothing more unknown than death. Though billions of people have died, not one has been able to tell the tale once passed. Such a curious event that religions have tried to explain it or reassure people of what happens when it occurs. You need some serious balls to make the final action to end your own life. I think explaining it away as a cowardly act is just something to reaffirm your attitude of the person who committed suicide. I'd assume that you'd look down on them in response to your own deep fear of death. As for reasons, the most common reason would likely be the feeling of hopelessness. Don't think this is a purely human trait, because it applies to animals as well. Once the conditions are met, the person who has the will to die usually cannot be reasoned with. It would be equatable to telling a rapist "no", it is beyond the means of the ego and has passed on directly to the very id of the person. So really, you're arguing from the standpoint of the ego. From an ego or super-ego perspective, explain lust, hunger, and the fight-or-flight response. You can't without sounding barbaric. Likewise, it's very difficult to understand the intense desire to die from an ego or super-ego perspective.

That was well said.
 Bismarck.Luces
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Luces 2011-02-17 01:15:32
Link | Citer | R

*dispatch*we have an attempted suicide with pills..
Arrive on scene girl is saying shes in a lot of pain and its getting worse. We ask her what she took and how many, she points to the bottle of Tylenol and says the whole thing. The paramedic on scene overviews the medicine and prepares active charcoal, while I do the examination. Shes already showing signs of Jaundice and I alert the paramedic. We finish the examination after loading her in the bus and call the hospital so they can have a doctor ready... to pronounce her dead. There is nothing we can do she took way to much acetaminophen so by the time we got there it was to late to pump her stomach. We inform her and she looses it telling us about how just wanted attention and didn't plan on dieing. Telling a girl that shes dieing, and on top of that a very painful death and there is nothing we can do but let her die and hold her hand as she just can't accept shes dieing, screaming "I'm not suppose to die I just didn't want to be ignored" "I'm not really dieing your just scarring me." "Please stop please tell me I'm not dieing fix me, save me, please I don't want to die I never did". All you can say is sorry your liver is already gone. Thought she could take a bottle of Tylenol and just get her stomached pumped, sorry you will nuke your liver doing this.

Pull up on a scene gunshot victim - attempted suicide.
Officer walks towards us to give us information and tell us the student may not want to see this. Trainee says he can handle it and wants to see so we let him walk in with us. We walk through the front door of an all to familiar of neighbor hood. Similar to ones I grew up with a living room not much different then once my own, except for the faceless man sitting in a chair in it. We approach the man and try to communicate with him even though he doesn't have much of a face left but the law requires us to try our best. Where his nose use to be you can see signs that hes trying to breath, it just appears in the form air bubbles rising through blood. You bandaged the mans face as fast as you can after you finish needed assessments, you haven't had the chance to notice but the student is on the front lawn vomiting scared wandering how this person is still alive after shooting themselves in the head with a shotgun.

Someone has to clean up your ***, this kind of stuff can drive others insane. I have thought about suicide but I would never do it in a way that where anyone would know, people get too hurt that way even if you aren't expecting them too. Would rather be the kid who did something crazy fun-stupid and died then the kid who killed himself. It would also give my bio-mom to much fodder for her Munchhausen syndrome.

When your whole life you have group A telling you, that you are ***. Nothing you do is ever good enough you watch your self succeed and its still not good enough. Group B is telling you that you are extremely talented and you have a future in lots of different areas. You talk about college then go for the only major your dad thinks is acceptable for a man. They while you are staying with them for 2 months while you have to travel for work, to their current city. After discovering you are gay they kick you out of the house, yet you could have made other plans but got begged to move home for those 2 months. Along with kicking you out the call you a child molesters, an HIV and STD ridden hoar and inform you that you will never be happy and lots of other stuff(std free and HIV-). 2.5 years later on your 23rd birthday you get assaulted for the second time for being openly gay in a conservative town where the cops treat you like you're the criminal. Your parents swing by on their way to go a different city to visit your sister(on your birthday weekend) and your mom tells you that "if you ever plan on being a respectable person having giant soars on your mouth isn't the best way of doing it. I just worry so much because you will die of aids one day soon"... the soar was a wound not a herpes soar which she was inferring... which she has herself anyways.
There is a lot not in there but life sucks, and when all that happens if you get crapped on every day it really sucks. I have an amazing cat, I am now a firm believer "it is better to have loved and loosed then to never have loved at all" That alone, the feeling, though it drives me crazy sometimes, has made life worth living. Sometimes you just loose control, I cant explain it, one night after getting some news I decided to chug a six pack get in my car and go street racing. Luckily I had friends that cared and got suspicious just because they said they felt that something was off. I cared more about that car then I did anything else as far as everyone else knew, I had already layed out a will when I turned 18 leaving the car to someone, and I cared more about hurting that car then living 99% of the time. So the fact that I had done this after I came out of it idk its just weird, hard to explain.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-02-17 01:22:20
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Luces said:
*dispatch*we have an attempted suicide with pills..
Arrive on scene girl is saying shes in a lot of pain and its getting worse. We ask her what she took and how many, she points to the bottle of Tylenol and says the whole thing. The paramedic on scene overviews the medicine and prepares active charcoal, while I do the examination. Shes already showing signs of Jaundice and I alert the paramedic. We finish the examination after loading her in the bus and call the hospital so they can have a doctor ready... to pronounce her dead. There is nothing we can do she took way to much acetaminophen so by the time we got there it was to late to pump her stomach. We inform her and she looses it telling us about how just wanted attention and didn't plan on dieing. Telling a girl that shes dieing, and on top of that a very painful death and there is nothing we can do but let her die and hold her hand as she just can't accept shes dieing, screaming "I'm not suppose to die I just didn't want to be ignored" "I'm not really dieing your just scarring me." "Please stop please tell me I'm not dieing fix me, save me, please I don't want to die I never did". All you can say is sorry your liver is already gone. Thought she could take a bottle of Tylenol and just get her stomached pumped, sorry you will nuke your liver doing this.

Ok, one question... Why would you tell her she was going to die? Isn't that kinda mean? I mean yeah it's the truth but if there is truly nothing you can do wouldn't it be nicer to let her hold hope in the last minutes of her life?
 Bahamut.Dasva
Serveur: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-17 01:27:27
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Bismarck.Luces said:
*dispatch*we have an attempted suicide with pills.. Arrive on scene girl is saying shes in a lot of pain and its getting worse. We ask her what she took and how many, she points to the bottle of Tylenol and says the whole thing. The paramedic on scene overviews the medicine and prepares active charcoal, while I do the examination. Shes already showing signs of Jaundice and I alert the paramedic. We finish the examination after loading her in the bus and call the hospital so they can have a doctor ready... to pronounce her dead. There is nothing we can do she took way to much acetaminophen so by the time we got there it was to late to pump her stomach. We inform her and she looses it telling us about how just wanted attention and didn't plan on dieing. Telling a girl that shes dieing, and on top of that a very painful death and there is nothing we can do but let her die and hold her hand as she just can't accept shes dieing, screaming "I'm not suppose to die I just didn't want to be ignored" "I'm not really dieing your just scarring me." "Please stop please tell me I'm not dieing fix me, save me, please I don't want to die I never did". All you can say is sorry your liver is already gone. Thought she could take a bottle of Tylenol and just get her stomached pumped, sorry you will nuke your liver doing this.
Ok, one question... Why would you tell her she was going to die? Isn't that kinda mean? I mean yeah it's the truth but if there is truly nothing you can do wouldn't it be nicer to let her hold hope in the last minutes of her life?
Knowing is always better than not knowing
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-02-17 01:29:31
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Bismarck.Luces said:
*dispatch*we have an attempted suicide with pills.. Arrive on scene girl is saying shes in a lot of pain and its getting worse. We ask her what she took and how many, she points to the bottle of Tylenol and says the whole thing. The paramedic on scene overviews the medicine and prepares active charcoal, while I do the examination. Shes already showing signs of Jaundice and I alert the paramedic. We finish the examination after loading her in the bus and call the hospital so they can have a doctor ready... to pronounce her dead. There is nothing we can do she took way to much acetaminophen so by the time we got there it was to late to pump her stomach. We inform her and she looses it telling us about how just wanted attention and didn't plan on dieing. Telling a girl that shes dieing, and on top of that a very painful death and there is nothing we can do but let her die and hold her hand as she just can't accept shes dieing, screaming "I'm not suppose to die I just didn't want to be ignored" "I'm not really dieing your just scarring me." "Please stop please tell me I'm not dieing fix me, save me, please I don't want to die I never did". All you can say is sorry your liver is already gone. Thought she could take a bottle of Tylenol and just get her stomached pumped, sorry you will nuke your liver doing this.
In this situation I disagree. The amount of stress knowing there is no way you can live is too cruel a thing to put someone through. If she wasn't going to die yeah, but if there is literally nothing anyone can do I think it's far kinder to just let her hold hope.
 Leviathan.Niniann
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2011-02-17 01:39:34
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:
In this situation I disagree. The amount of stress knowing there is no way you can live is too cruel a thing to put someone through. If she wasn't going to die yeah, but if there is literally nothing anyone can do I think it's far kinder to just let her hold hope.

If I'm going to die please don't tell me. Thank you.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-17 01:44:10
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Until it becomes obvious she is going to die and gets pissed off at you.

Also it kinda is her fault. Besides whats the stress going to do to her? Make her want to kill herself /trollface
[+]
 Bismarck.Luces
By Bismarck.Luces 2011-02-17 01:44:43
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Bismarck.Luces said:

If anyone did that to me I would make sure I could come back as a ghost just to kill them. It is a far more offensive, rude, and disrespectful to not tell someone they are dieing. If we are trapped in a cave in the middle of no where yeah if you didn't tell me I wouldn't come back and kill you but I would haunt you for a bit. If the girl could have got a hold of herself she could have made some goodbye phone calls at least. I have no idea how somewhere in your head that telling someone their going to be alright as they are dieing is ethically and morally right. We didn't sit there repeating your dieing, reminding her it was basically a 25min *** drive, before she died, trying to get this girl to accept what was happening so should try and square away some stuff before dieing.

Want to know something about EMT's? we can't legally declare someone dead so after the girl died in the bus we had to give her cpr until arriving at the hospital taking her out and continuing cpr until a doctor declares her dead. So we, EMTs, tend to be extremely mentally *** up before ever signing up for the job. WE don't get to play this nice little mommy that shelters you from the realities of the world.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-02-17 01:45:47
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

Also it kinda is her fault. Besides whats the stress going to do to her? Make her want to kill herself /trollface

So you'd tell her because "LOL I TOLD YOU SO!"

Regardless of whether it's her fault or not, telling her she's going to die is an incredibly cruel thing to do.

I'm not cruel so I guess that's why I don't see why you'd do it.
 Bismarck.Themuffingirl
By Bismarck.Themuffingirl 2011-02-17 01:45:50
Link | Citer | R

Some people are just so down and out that they honestly believe nobody would give a ***if they were dead. They are so miserable with their own existence that they either don't see the love their family and friends have for them, or they really don't have family or friends that show them they love them. Have you ever felt like a burden to those you are close to? Like maybe some weight would be lifted off of their shoulders if you were gone because you're nothing but trouble? What about if you had absolutely nobody to turn to, no friends, no family, and an insane fear of people due to past experiences that you are unable to cope with? Not everyone has the ideal family or social life. Not every person that kills themselves has failed to consider those they leave behind, sometimes that is the only thing they are considering. Some people rely too heavily on the opinions of others to define their own self worth. Girlfriend cheats on you, dad calls you a loser for getting in trouble, get picked on a lot for physical or character flaws, some people take it harder than others and it can feel like the end of the world.

Love especially makes people act completely nonsensical. When you're so attached to somebody that you just don't know how you are supposed to live without them because they're all you ever wanted, but for some reason they don't see you the same way anymore. It's easy to say "get over it" from the outside but that is almost the most insulting thing to hear when you're going through it. In the end, everyone is different and reacts differently to certain situations and emotions. Just because you wouldn't feel like you'd be better off dead in one circumstance, it doesn't mean that anyone who does is wrong in feeling so. We are all entitled to our emotions. That's fine if you don't agree that these are things anyone should ever feel and we should all just be happy, in a perfect world we would be. But that is not this world, never will be. Yes, we are the makers of our own destiny, but for some, making the decision to keep on truckin' day after day is just too damn hard. You may never understand why because you didn't see the world from their shoes.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-02-17 01:48:22
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Luces said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Bismarck.Luces said:

If anyone did that to me I would make sure I could come back as a ghost just to kill them. It is a far more offensive, rude, and disrespectful to not tell someone they are dieing. If we are trapped in a cave in the middle of no where yeah if you didn't tell me I wouldn't come back and kill you but I would haunt you for a bit. If the girl could have got a hold of herself she could have made some goodbye phone calls at least. I have no idea how somewhere in your head that telling someone their going to be alright as they are dieing is ethically and morally right. We didn't sit there repeating your dieing, reminding her it was basically a 25min *** drive, before she died, trying to get this girl to accept what was happening so should try and square away some stuff before dieing.

Want to know something about EMT's? we can't legally declare someone dead so after the girl died in the bus we had to give her cpr until arriving at the hospital taking her out and continuing cpr until a doctor declares her dead. So we, EMTs, tend to be extremely mentally *** up before ever signing up for the job. WE don't get to play this nice little mommy that shelters you from the realities of the world.

I bolded the only aspect of your post I understand.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trauma
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trauma
By Quetzalcoatl.Trauma 2011-02-17 01:49:29
Link | Citer | R

I think you did the right thing, Luces. Thank you for coming forward and sharing that. That is quite a story.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-17 01:50:52
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

So you'd tell her because "LOL I TOLD YOU SO!"

Regardless of whether it's her fault or not, telling her she's going to die is an incredibly cruel thing to do.

I'm not cruel so I guess that's why I don't see why you'd do it.
Only if I had indeed told herself. But yeah you play with fire expect to get burned

It takes an odd man to consider not lieing a cruelity
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-02-17 01:53:25
Link | Citer | R

If a fat ugly chick asked me if she looked nice I wouldn't say "You look like elephant man"

I'd find anyone who would incredibly tactless and cruel.

If the dying girl asked me directly "Am I going to die" then I can understand telling her, otherwise I don't get it.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-17 01:55:00
Link | Citer | R

It's kinda your job as a medical professional to inform the patient of how they are doing...

Comparing that to something as subjective as looks is a very poor comparison indeed.

Are you going to withhold information from your boss/co-workers when something goes wrong at work (outside of hoping you can fix/hide it before anyone finds out)? How's the servers Bob... um they still exist yeah... ****is broke *** is what*
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-02-17 01:56:35
Link | Citer | R

Well I disagree. And if I'm ever dying on the back of an ambulance and I have no hope of living, don't tell me, I'd rather dying with a semblance of hope rather than utter despair.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8