Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 16595 16596 16597 ... 22713 22714 22715
MSPaint Winner
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Leonkasai
By Leon Kasai 2015-02-22 18:37:21
Link | Citer | R

For anyone looking forward to Xenoverse, and wants to plan out what moves they'll use:

Supers, Ultimates, and Escape moves:
Z-Souls:

[+]
VIP
By Kalila 2015-02-22 18:38:48
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
Make Dameion play 9! Use your female powers of withholding to convince him!
but :< I like him too much to ignore him D;
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Serveur: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-02-22 18:46:17
Link | Citer | R

But he's ignoring such a great game for such a dumb reason!
Serveur: Balmung
user: Yatenkou
By Cecilia Charl 2015-02-22 18:51:14
Link | Citer | R

Verda said: »
Ohji Lunartail said: »
Verda said: »
leo said: »
Bismarck.Magnuss said: »
N64 = Where Nintendo lost it.

N64 was Nintendo's answer to the PlayStation. PlayStation only exists because Nintendo was stupid.

After the CD fiasco Nintendo never again had total grip on the video games market.

So, that's how N64 is where it lost itself. They kept their formula set in stone, though. They're still releasing underpowered hardware and relying on programming or marketing gimmicks.

The NES/Famicom had programming gimmicks. They switched to "real" gimmicks with the Wii (Wii remote).

Now that's old, they're having to resort to their IPs to survive.
Edit: Amiibo is a gimmick... Forgot about that... haha

The Wii outsold every other console and many of their titles top units sold charts. Some guy did a thing on Nintendo vs Xbox and Sony... out of the three Nintendo is the only one that can float for like 10 years b/c they have such a huge bank account in the green.

Nintendo wants their consoles cheap, their tech cheap, but highly integrated with quality games not relying on polygon count. They opt for neat controllers or control schemes or interaction or just good games to carry them which in all honesty I'd rather have a good quality game I enjoy than one I don't with the latest graphics and takes a huge chunk out of my wallet. Nintendo is succeeding very well right now, ever since the Smash Brothers title came out Wii U sales have soared, and ever since the new Zelda title and Animal Crossing came out 3DS sales have gone way up too. And when the next Zelda game comes out Wii U will again soar in sales. Mario is more well known as an icon than Mickey Mouse now according to a study. While Nintendo isn't always popular with the Halo/Call of Duty crowd who wants bleeding edge graphics or nothing, Smash Brothers is becoming a huge force in itself. Nintendo isn't going anywhere and though 3DS sales lagged far behind expectations and that was blamed on the iphone... to the point their CEO gave himself a cut in pay... and Wii U sales were under what was expected... the Wii followed this same pattern and has been hugely successful both culturally and financially. The titles are always what drove Nintendo. Not hardware spec.

Nintendo's decision for staying on cartridges were concerns with load times. It was a valid concern. Playing a PS1 or PS2 game, vs a N64 game the load times were drastically different.
unless it was Turok.. cuz *** the loading on that,.. and the awful sound popping/buzzing the 3 games had

Yah Turok did have long loading times. I never heard the sound problems though. If you bought that extra memory thing though it sure helped a lot. I loved Parasite Eve on Playstation but man, a ton of RPGs were load time happy.

Actually if Nintendo had a deficit of over 250 mil a year, they'd still last until 2052.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-02-22 19:04:41
Link | Citer | R

I wonder how Nintendo would do if they had a console that could compete with Sony and Microsoft. They could still have their classic Nintendo games with their normal look but also AAA games that you only find on PS4 and Xbox One atm
By Jetackuu 2015-02-22 19:12:16
Link | Citer | R

I wonder how Nintendo would do if they had a console that could compete with Sony and Microsoft. They could still have their classic Nintendo games with their normal look but also AAA games that you only find on PS4 and Xbox One atm
They do...

One does not need to put out the same garbage as the other two to "compete."

The thing that probably is kicking their *** the most is tablets/phones destroying their hold over the mobile market.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-02-22 19:13:47
Link | Citer | R

Did you even read my post? I said compete with their consoles.
By fonewear 2015-02-22 19:14:41
Link | Citer | R

Nintendo is the Apple of video games. They don't care about what Sony and MS do. They have their followers and that is all they need.
[+]
 Asura.Ackeronll
Serveur: Asura
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2015-02-22 19:18:57
Link | Citer | R

Trying to get my Palicos all set up >_>Need 2 healers, 1 Treasure, and 1 Protector.

For Meowster Hunting I need at least 2 Bomb Onslaughts and 1 Bomb+.
 Ragnarok.Hevans
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2015-02-22 19:23:28
Link | Citer | R

Did you even read my post?

are you seriously asking?
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-22 19:29:48
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Hevans said: »
Did you even read my post?

are you seriously asking?
People listen to the bear?
By Bloodrose 2015-02-22 19:30:55
Link | Citer | R

>.> the bear has something other than growling to listen to?
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-02-22 19:38:38
Link | Citer | R

I did, and your comment still makes no sense as they do compete.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-02-22 19:46:50
Link | Citer | R

You're just being stupid but perhaps I need to spell it out so you can understand

I wonder how Nintendo would do if they had a console that could compete with Sony and Microsoft technically. If they had a console as powerful as Sony and Microsoft and developers made 'next gen' games for a Nintendo console. Would they have a lot of third party support unlike before or would they create new IPs that are more mature?
 leo
By leo 2015-02-22 19:48:16
Link | Citer | R

Jetackuu said: »

fonewear's comment sum it up nicely.
[+]
 Odin.Minefield
Serveur: Odin
user: Minefield
By Odin.Minefield 2015-02-22 19:49:54
Link | Citer | R

STOP ALL THE HATING, LETS ALL BE FRIENDS, YOU'RE TEARING THIS FAMILY APART!
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-02-22 19:50:32
Link | Citer | R

Yes but I'm saying if they did want to have a 'next gen' console that is on the same level as Sony's and Microsoft's

It's a hypothetical
VIP
By Kalila 2015-02-22 19:52:46
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Minefield said: »
Forum Moderator
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2015-02-22 19:53:13
Link | Citer | R

YOU'RE NOT MY REAL FATHER!!
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-02-22 19:57:22
Link | Citer | R

I disagree, if they didn't make quality games (as I said earlier) there would be a point.

You're just being stupid but perhaps I need to spell it out so you can understand

I wonder how Nintendo would do if they had a console that could compete with Sony and Microsoft technically. If they had a console as powerful as Sony and Microsoft and developers made 'next gen' games for a Nintendo console. Would they have a lot of third party support unlike before or would they create new IPs that are more mature?

I wasn't being stupid at all, you weren't saying what you meant. As Nintendo does compete, if you meant spec wise then say so.

They could do such a thing, but they don't need to. I don't even play most of the "IP" that most fans play, and the Wii U is still the only "next gen" console I own, and for a good reason.
 Asura.Ackeronll
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2015-02-22 19:57:56
Link | Citer | R

Anna Ruthven said: »
YOU'RE NOT MY REAL FATHER!!
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-02-22 20:00:50
Link | Citer | R

If I had the money, I'd build a badass gaming PC and convert my PS3 Skyrim save to a PC save just to play without lag.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-02-22 20:05:40
Link | Citer | R

I disagree, if they didn't make quality games (as I said earlier) there would be a point.

I wasn't being stupid at all, you weren't saying what you meant. As Nintendo does compete, if you meant spec wise then say so.

They could do such a thing, but they don't need to. I don't even play most of the "IP" that most fans play, and the Wii U is still the only "next gen" console I own, and for a good reason.

Pretty sure everyone else understood that I meant spec wise, you're just arguing for no reason.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-02-22 20:06:46
Link | Citer | R

Pretty sure everyone else understood that I meant spec wise, you're just arguing for no reason.
No he isn't, I'm arguing for no reason.
VIP
By Kalila 2015-02-22 20:07:14
Link | Citer | R

If I had the money, I'd build a badass gaming PC and convert my PS3 Skyrim save to a PC save just to play without lag.
.-. not... for mods and better gaming experience than vanilla skyrim? ;<
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-22 20:07:28
Link | Citer | R

lol, I got a shiny Groudon.

Did an IV check, 4/6 IVs with the other 2 at 0.

Seems legit.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-02-22 20:09:11
Link | Citer | R

No he isn't, I'm arguing for no reason.
^
@Bear:
Honestly I thought you had meant compete as in compete in the market, which they do.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-02-22 20:11:42
Link | Citer | R

Kalila said: »

I modded the hell out of Oblivion but I'd probably try to play vanilla or close to vanilla. Honestly, heavy armor should cover my character's body, not just her nipples and genitals. There are a few things I'd fix though, like Serana's follower glitch.

In Oblivion, I did make a wolf follower.
Serveur: Ultros
user: Allyha
By Allyha Kiade 2015-02-22 20:11:50
Link | Citer | R

Kalila said: »

skyrim mods, the best things you never knew you needed.
YouTube Video Placeholder
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-22 20:13:10
Link | Citer | R

Hot damn, I traded that shiny hacked Groudon for the last poke I needed for a national dex!

Got!
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 16595 16596 16597 ... 22713 22714 22715