Arizona Congresswoman Shot At Public Event

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Arizona Congresswoman Shot at Public Event
Arizona Congresswoman Shot at Public Event
First Page 2 3 4 ... 18 19 20
 Phoenix.Destrac
Serveur: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Destrac
By Phoenix.Destrac 2011-01-08 20:33:00
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Xueye said:
A child was murdered, and we're focusing on the politics around the situation.

What has become of us, as a society? As a species?

Let me be completely sincere and honest, my heart goes out to the child and her parents and relatives.

But there is nothing more to say about that than that. Your attempt to make yourself seem more caring of the child is lost. Everyone on this random unrelated board cares for her more or less the same, whether we say it or not. The human race is fine, thank you for the concern.
[+]
 Phoenix.Excelior
user: Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2011-01-08 20:34:09
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Helixx said:
18-20 shots fired, into the head, still alive.wtf?

She is like fifty cent son.
[+]
 Phoenix.Darkdestroyer
By Phoenix.Darkdestroyer 2011-01-08 20:36:40
Link | Citer | R

These so called vilant phrases people keep tossing up.
Taken out = many things come come from this, she wanna take Reid on a date? Get him out of office? but the idea of vilance never comes to mind for a good ol southern boy.

Hit list (someone used it as an attack on palin earllyer)= realy do i have to explain this...imma go listen to my fav hit list (someone watch out imma go beat up the lead singer of disturbed).

my point? these words insite vilance only if you want it too, people twist things around in the english language to suit there objectives, Hell teaparty rebublicans dems all do it, republicans and tea party recenatlly done it with Mechille Obama and here "fat kids" turn things around to suit them, why cant we be more educated then these politican and move away from this none since and relize something this is a tradic event and politics need to be left out of it?
[+]
 Phoenix.Excelior
user: Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2011-01-08 20:42:10
Link | Citer | R

You guys are reading too much into what he wrote.

He simply meant:

The United States is the not the country it was originally intended to be. He was saying that mentally we have moved beyond the constitution and even the concept of money.

When money was exchangable to gold it had real value. Right now money is simply paper that is granted value by the government. He is sayign that we can transform that value ourselves. We created that value out of our own ideas, not any real, physical representation.

His entire point is that America has changed, and it could be changed back.

[+]
 Valefor.Ruriant
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Ruriant 2011-01-08 20:52:46
Link | Citer | R

Australia tried that...had more guns per capita than we do...outlawed all firearms...forced owners to turn them in...the following 3 years saw a 10 fold plus rise in gun violence...crooks boldly breaking into unarmed homes and slaughtering anyone they found...you can have my guns...right after my last round is spent defending my right to own em by prying them out of my cold dead hands. And btw...I spent 8 years of my life in the Army defending that right till I got busted up so bad I couldn't stay...I then spent 15.5 years as a deputy in my local sheriff's office...A life time of public service...wtf have you done for your country, your state or your home town?
[+]
 Asura.Silvaria
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Silvaria 2011-01-08 20:56:39
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Darkdestroyer said:

one of the biggest reasons you hear teaparty members are so angery is economy...is it Obama's fault? not really, is it Bushes fault? not really...the fault of the economy accully lands more on the heads of congresss because without them voting for failed policies the president would have nothing to sign, yet the burden of said troubles always lands at the feet of the president sorry Obama its just part of the job.

Agreed, it goes along with the territory. However, I still find the level of willful blindness to the faults of their own side appalling, and that goes for the left as well as the right.

Quetzalcoatl.Xueye said:

Actually, that doesn't usually happen with these types of shootings, but because a politician and a judge were involved, it's quite natural to look at how their career choices may be involved. It doesn't make us cold towards the heartache of the situation; in fact, I'd say some of us are actually trying to get to the root of his motivations in order to hopefully prevent this sort of thing in the future. Not sure how that would be, but, I'm not going to admit to being unfeeling about the emotion surrounding the situation just because I'm also choosing to discuss potential political motivations.
[+]
Serveur: Siren
user: beesknees
By Siren.Screamingbabies 2011-01-08 21:07:17
Link | Citer | R

These so called vilant phrases people keep tossing up.
Taken out = many things come come from this, she wanna take Reid on a date? Get him out of office? but the idea of vilance never comes to mind for a good ol southern boy.

Hit list (someone used it as an attack on palin earllyer)= realy do i have to explain this...imma go listen to my fav hit list (someone watch out imma go beat up the lead singer of disturbed).

my point? these words insite vilance only if you want it too, people twist things around in the english language to suit there objectives, Hell teaparty rebublicans dems all do it, republicans and tea party recenatlly done it with Mechille Obama and here "fat kids" turn things around to suit them, why cant we be more educated then these politican and move away from this none since and relize something this is a tradic event and politics need to be left out of it?

you are trying to hard to defend their choice of words.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
Serveur: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-01-08 21:08:36
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Silvaria said:

one of the biggest reasons you hear teaparty members are so angery is economy...is it Obama's fault? not really, is it Bushes fault? not really...the fault of the economy accully lands more on the heads of congresss because without them voting for failed policies the president would have nothing to sign, yet the burden of said troubles always lands at the feet of the president sorry Obama its just part of the job.

Agreed, it goes along with the territory. However, I still find the level of willful blindness to the faults of their own side appalling, and that goes for the left as well as the right.

Quetzalcoatl.Xueye said:

Actually, that doesn't usually happen with these types of shootings, but because a politician and a judge were involved, it's quite natural to look at how their career choices may be involved. It doesn't make us cold towards the heartache of the situation; in fact, I'd say some of us are actually trying to get to the root of his motivations in order to hopefully prevent this sort of thing in the future. Not sure how that would be, but, I'm not going to admit to being unfeeling about the emotion surrounding the situation just because I'm also choosing to discuss potential political motivations.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Classitup10

That's the shooter's Youtube page.
This ***had nothing to do with Palin/Beck/TeaParty etc.
[+]
 Asura.Silvaria
By Asura.Silvaria 2011-01-08 21:11:11
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Asymptotic said:

That may be, but only through research and discussion, can we arrive at that conclusion. Chiding us for discussing the potential political motivation is counterproductive to the entire point of a forum.

Just sayin'... 8)
[+]
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-01-08 21:13:55
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Silvaria said:

That may be, but only through research and discussion, can we arrive at that conclusion. Chiding us for discussing the potential political motivation is counterproductive to the entire point of a forum.

Just sayin'... 8)

We can discuss how 1+1 could potentially equal 3, but when you mathematically define 1 = 1.5, you kind of lose your credibility.
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-01-08 21:49:31
Link | Citer | R

Give the shooter the electric chair.

RIP to the innocents lost.

Murdering a public figure solves nothing. It can not absolve pain. It will not improve a political climate. It will not sway people towards one's "cause". It will not bring peace.

Violence only begets more violence.
Only a fool thinks otherwise.

Perhaps outlawing firearms isn't the answer.
But every time something like this happens, it's another strike against the 2nd Amendment. The strikes are piling up.
If it continues, eventually the dam will break, a straw will break the camel's back.

Those of you that proclaim "you can have my guns when you pry them from my cold dead hands", you should really reconsider your mindset. If you don't advocate and support much stricter guidelines for sales, licensing, and maintaining licensure, the government WILL someday, sooner or later, remove your right to bear arms. Don't delude yourself, it will happen.

Men in their early 20's and in their 50's tend to be the ones committing these premeditated senseless pointless mass slayings in public places. Not surprisingly, these are years often associated with major life changes for men. Especially white men. Especially white men with political extremist and/or isolationist views.

There is no act of cowardice greater than taking the life of a defenseless person. There is no bravery, no strength, no purpose, no vindication. Only a coward pulls the trigger.

I'm disgusted by this report. A nation brimming with opportunity, freedom, money, education, technology, and entertainment, and somehow despite all those luxuries and privileges, people find a way to believe themselves more important than another man (or woman).

You may be smarter than another man, you be quicker than another man, you may tougher, stronger, or more creative than another man. But you will NEVER be more important than another man. No, don't try to rebut. You will NEVER be more important than another man, ever.

If any good can come of this mess, which I doubt, I hope Arizonans, and even all Americans, will realize that politics, and especially bitching about the government, is not ANYWHERE near as important as our 24/7 media (plus internet playgrounds) would like us to think.

What's important is reading your daughter a bedtime story, sharing time with your spouse, and having the opportunity to live and work without fearing for one's life. Many, many people have been unjustly robbed of these important things in Arizona today, permanently, and irrevocably, due to the selfish and cowardly actions of one idiot with a pistol.

That. Is. Wrong.
1000 times more wrong than illegal immigration, or healthcare reform, or anything like that.
[+]
 Sylph.Cossack
Serveur: Sylph
user: sandman16
By Sylph.Cossack 2011-01-08 21:50:44
Link | Citer | R

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
 Asura.Silvaria
By Asura.Silvaria 2011-01-08 22:31:46
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Silvaria said:

Just sayin'... 8)

We can discuss how 1+1 could potentially equal 3, but when you mathematically define 1 = 1.5, you kind of lose your credibility.

We can also sit here and discuss whether or not to discuss this issue at all until we're blue in the face, but the bottom line is that if we want to talk about it, that is our right. If you don't like the subject, don't click on the thread. But coming onto a thread and posting that it's pointless to post on this thread kind of makes you lose your credibility. 8)
[+]
By Serj 2011-01-08 22:55:48
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Elanabelle said:

I agree with this entire post. Shocking to agree with Elanabelle entirely.

I'm a fan of Gandhi, I would never hurt a person, an eye for an eye makes the whole world go blind, etc. But in almost every instance where violence has broken out, violence is always used in retaliation. If someone instigated someone into violent action and hurt or took away someone you loved in this world, what would you want done? I'm not going to be an idealist on this issue.

In this case the violence was done with firearms. I blame the NRA because they fight against any decent safety measures being used when selling guns to people. I don't give a *** if you think the person killed the person and not the gun. If he didn't have a gun, none of this would have happened because he wouldn't have has an easy mean of doing this.

A political party member calling to "take someone out" based on their political views is *** atrocious. No matter how you argue it, at the very lease they should have used different wording because that calls for violence, no matter the intentions.

There's my vent, *** off.

Edit: My avatar is extremely inappropriate right now. Sort of a comic relief.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-01-08 22:58:32
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Silvaria said:
Asura.Silvaria said:

Just sayin'... 8)

We can also sit here and discuss whether or not to discuss this issue at all until we're blue in the face, but the bottom line is that if we want to talk about it, that is our right. If you don't like the subject, don't click on the thread. But coming onto a thread and posting that it's pointless to post on this thread kind of makes you lose your credibility. 8)

I never said it's pointless to discuss, I said it's pointless to discuss the ramifications of hypothetical conditions when the real conditions are known.

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Scrumpet
Serveur: Pandemonium
user: Scrumpet
By Pandemonium.Scrumpet 2011-01-08 23:22:32
Link | Citer | R

Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
Quetzalcoatl.Xueye said:

OMG A CHILD DIED! THEY ARE SO MUCH MORE PRECIOUS THAN ALL THE OTHER PEOPLE!!

Wow, I can't believe you actually said ever life is precious. :'o
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Scrumpet
Serveur: Pandemonium
user: Scrumpet
By Pandemonium.Scrumpet 2011-01-08 23:29:27
Link | Citer | R

Life is a precious thing. But thinking some 9 year old matters more than all the other people is just asinine.

OMFG?! WHO ARE YOU?! D:
What have you done with the "I hope everyone dies" Ryan?!

Children usually have a much longer life to live and have many possibilities open to them, that's why they are given sympathy.
A child usually is not going to know about the situation and can't properly defend himself. . .

However, I do agree with you, every life is valuable.
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Serveur: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2011-01-08 23:37:53
Link | Citer | R

Can we at least wait and find out if the gun used in this was legally obtained before people start to cry stricter gun laws?

[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-01-08 23:39:23
Link | Citer | R

I'm kinda glad I live in a country with small tolerance for guns lol.

Apart from crazy farmers with shotguns that is.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xueye
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Xueye 2011-01-08 23:40:57
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Bartimaeus said:
His point was that innocent people died and politicizing it is what's wrong with it.

If you think he meant that the 9 yr old's life was merely > the anyone else who died, you either got whooshed or read way too much into it.

Duh.

Xueye's? No, clearly it was not or else the term people, individuals, innocent bystanders, and so on would have been said in that sentence instead of a child.

Thanks for speaking for me, sorry to say you're wrong and that Barti hit it on the head though.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-01-08 23:42:48
Link | Citer | R

I just don't really see the point in guns.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 ... 18 19 20