Arizona Congresswoman Shot At Public Event

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Arizona Congresswoman Shot at Public Event
Arizona Congresswoman Shot at Public Event
First Page 2 3 ... 18 19 20
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
Serveur: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-01-11 19:21:23
Link | Citer | R

Fixed for accuracy and truth:

Phyrexius said:

Conspiracies only appeal to those that are ignorant.

Is it not time to admit to myself that Mommy/Daddy didn't hug me enough as a child? My Big Daddy fondled me often, and now my paranoia is VERY prevalent in many of my posts.

I need help, some psychological help. I am overtly Nihilistic, and was psychologically traumatized throughout my formative years. But since I can not cope with this, I will deflect, and pretend that 99% of people are repressed and borderline insane, instead of seeing the obvious truth that I am the repressed and delusional person. My brain doesn't process real information very well, so I've learned it's easier to seek imaginary "facts" and friends, outside of the REAL World, and then criticize you all for being unable to "see" my imaginary friends and facts, so I can feel better about my pitiful unintelligent existence.

There are even groups for codependency sufferers and people who suffer from Nihilism. I know because I am a member of 3 of these groups currently. Sadly, they aren't helping me much.

The World doesn't need anymore paranoid delusional nitwits like myself, but I don't fit into society in any productive or meaningful way, so I'll just go on listening to my police scanner alone in the garage, where I keep my ATV and rifles.

If you too would like to forget the real world and start down the road to paranoid delusions, you could start here.

Is it not time for you to meet my imaginary internet arch-enemies, the Elite who live in Snake Mountain and at Isengard?

The False Flag Opeartions are fairy tales that help me to believe that the government is out to GET ME.

Government BIG enough to give you everything is obviously big enough to take everything away, and damn it, they must be spending every moment planning to do this to me.

So I'll stock up on guns and spew diarrhea all over the internet since I bet I'll feel better if I can find a few more socially-outcast isolated nitwits that had their daddies touch them and their mommas ignore them, like me.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Serveur: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2011-01-11 19:23:56
Link | Citer | R

For the 2nd time this week I agree with Elanabelle.

Nice job.
[+]
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-01-11 19:27:17
Link | Citer | R

My pleasure Chaosx.

I thoroughly enjoyed lambasting Phyrexius on that one.

Ragnarok.Harpunnik
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Harpunnik
By Ragnarok.Harpunnik 2011-01-11 20:41:31
Link | Citer | R

Oh look, the next scapegoat

Can we stop passing the blame to someone specific?
 Fairy.Spence
Serveur: Fairy
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2011-01-11 20:42:26
Link | Citer | R

He probably played violent video games too.
 Fenrir.Terminus
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2011-01-11 21:07:09
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Harpunnik said:
Oh look, the next scapegoat

Can we stop passing the blame to someone specific?

Except for one person: him.
(Although I guess that's not really "passing.")

But also, I LOVE it when newspapers or national news or whatever try to talk about music, video games, new technologies or something else they don't understand. It's like having to talk to really disinterested and oblivious parents.

thatarticle said:
...a pounding metal song used as the soundtrack for the lone video Loughner marked as a favorite on YouTube -- one in which an American flag is burned by a hooded man -- contains lyrics that reference bodies hitting a floor...

Pretty accurate, but completely failing to actually capture the point. So awkward, embarrassing, and out of touch.
 Kujata.Akeda
Serveur: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2011-01-11 21:29:27
Link | Citer | R

I just face palm at how the media is now saying that terms like 'lock, stock and barrel' are now considered hate speech and people who say 'lock and load' should be a warning sign that they're about to go on a murderous rampage.

How stupid do you have to be to believe that?
[+]

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
Serveur: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2011-01-11 21:50:17
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Elanabelle said:
Fixed for accuracy and truth:

Phyrexius said:

Conspiracies only appeal to those that are ignorant.

Is it not time to admit to myself that Mommy/Daddy didn't hug me enough as a child? My Big Daddy fondled me often, and now my paranoia is VERY prevalent in many of my posts.

I need help, some psychological help. I am overtly Nihilistic, and was psychologically traumatized throughout my formative years. But since I can not cope with this, I will deflect, and pretend that 99% of people are repressed and borderline insane, instead of seeing the obvious truth that I am the repressed and delusional person. My brain doesn't process real information very well, so I've learned it's easier to seek imaginary "facts" and friends, outside of the REAL World, and then criticize you all for being unable to "see" my imaginary friends and facts, so I can feel better about my pitiful unintelligent existence.

There are even groups for codependency sufferers and people who suffer from Nihilism. I know because I am a member of 3 of these groups currently. Sadly, they aren't helping me much.

The World doesn't need anymore paranoid delusional nitwits like myself, but I don't fit into society in any productive or meaningful way, so I'll just go on listening to my police scanner alone in the garage, where I keep my ATV and rifles.

If you too would like to forget the real world and start down the road to paranoid delusions, you could start here.

Is it not time for you to meet my imaginary internet arch-enemies, the Elite who live in Snake Mountain and at Isengard?

The False Flag Opeartions are fairy tales that help me to believe that the government is out to GET ME.

Government BIG enough to give you everything is obviously big enough to take everything away, and damn it, they must be spending every moment planning to do this to me.

So I'll stock up on guns and spew diarrhea all over the internet since I bet I'll feel better if I can find a few more socially-outcast isolated nitwits that had their daddies touch them and their mommas ignore them, like me.
+1 great post.
would read again, for serious.
[+]
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-01-11 22:05:45
Link | Citer | R

Kujata.Akeda said:
I just facepalm at how the media is now saying that 'lock and load' should be a warning sign that someone is about to go on a murderous rampage.

It has little to do with how smart or stupid someone is.

I has EVERYTHING to do with how emotionally unstable and socially detached someone is.

How stupid do YOU have to be to not see this?
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2011-01-11 22:19:21
Link | Citer | R

Kujata.Akeda said:
I just facepalm at how the media is now saying that 'lock and load' should be a warning sign that someone is about to go on a murderous rampage.

I has EVERYTHING to do with how emotionally unstable and socially detached someone is.

:S
What exactly are you getting at with your veiled spitefully aimed retort?
[+]
 Cerberus.Pukushu
Serveur: Cerberus
user: pukushu
By Cerberus.Pukushu 2011-01-12 16:09:35
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Neonracer said:

Why are we referring to SP as "SP"?? just in case there is no idea of anyone considering that dumbass in Alaska that she isn't a considered "Target"???

Because Im too lazy to write out Sarah Palin...
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2011-01-12 16:11:41
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Pukushu said:
Caitsith.Neonracer said:

Why are we referring to SP as "SP"?? just in case there is no idea of anyone considering that dumbass in Alaska that she isn't a considered "Target"???

Not this time!
 Cerberus.Pukushu
By Cerberus.Pukushu 2011-01-12 16:26:08
Link | Citer | R

Kujata.Akeda said:

How stupid do you have to be to understand that "Lock and load" =/= "I'm planing on murdering a bunch of people in a minuet."

Granted it could be a warning sign, but it is absolutely inconclusive and if someone was to say that they could not be arrested for attempted murder or placed on a terrorist watch list.

On another note your 'fixed' response was funny and probably pretty on track for those anarchist conspiracy theorists out there.
 Cerberus.Pukushu
By Cerberus.Pukushu 2011-01-12 16:27:47
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Cerberus.Pukushu said:
Caitsith.Neonracer said:

Not this time!

Back to being lazy :P I spelled it out once to avoid misunderstanding.
(well twice.. I spelled it out in my original post)
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2011-01-12 16:30:35
Link | Citer | R

Kujata.Akeda said:
I just face palm at how the media is now saying that terms like 'lock, stock and barrel' are now considered hate speech and people who say 'lock and load' should be a warning sign that they're about to go on a murderous rampage.

Cerberus.Pukushu said:
Kujata.Akeda said:

How stupid do you have to be to understand that "Lock and load" =/= "I'm planing on murdering a bunch of people in a minuet."

Granted it could be a warning sign, but it is absolutely inconclusive and if someone was to say that they could not be arrested for attempted murder or placed on a terrorist watch list.

On another note your 'fixed' response was funny and probably pretty on track for those anarchist conspiracy theorists out there.
here's dudes actual post, not the same as what elana quoted.
Kujata.Akeda said:

Cerberus.Pukushu
By Cerberus.Pukushu 2011-01-12 16:55:45
Link | Citer | R

Kujata.Akeda said:

to clear things up...

Quote:
Verb

to lock and load

1. (US) A slang military command to prepare weapons for battle. No US weapon includes "lock and load" as one of the commands related to that weapon, nor is it a recognized range command.  [quotations ▲]
* 1949 — John Wayne in the film Sands of Iwo Jima

Lock and load, boy, lock and load.

2. (slang) To prepare for an imminent event.

While it could be a slang term for preparing for battle it could also be a slang term for preparing for an imminent event. Of the two the latter is more likely in the world today. for the most part none of us participate in outright war. to automatically conclude that someone is talking about the former is probably a sign of paranoia.

Quote:
Noun

lock, stock and barrel

1. A thing in its entirety, with nothing omitted.

They want to buy the whole thing, lock, stock and barrel.

Again something that could possibly be used or seen in a bad light, but it is not the common use and therefore to automatically assume the worst case use is probably another sign of paranoia.

Im with Akeda, you would have to be stupid or paranoid to believe that just because someone said one of those things that they are about to murder you and the crowd around you. At least out of context... If they were carrying an assault rifle while saying that id run for cover.
 Luz
By Luz 2011-01-12 16:56:50
Link | Citer | R

Oh no you didn't just break out the dictionary!

Dis thread iz super cereal nao.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2011-01-12 17:10:31
Link | Citer | R

Why'd you leave this out DOOD?
Quote:
"Lock and load" comes from the M2 Browning .50 Caliber Machine Gun, which started manufacture just prior to the end of WWI. The operating instructions for the M2 - now, as back then - were to lock the bolt latch release with the bolt latch release lock (located on the recoil buffer) before loading the gun by cycling the cocking handle. If you do not lock the bolt latch release before loading, the bolt is captured to the rear by the bolt latch, as for single shot operation, and does not actually load a round. While many people falsely attribute "lock and load" to the Garand, the M2 machine gun (and "lock and load") predates the Garand by over 20 years.
I don't see how lock stock and barrel is much of a hate speech though.
 Cerberus.Pukushu
By Cerberus.Pukushu 2011-01-12 17:46:32
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Why'd you leave this out DOOD?
Quote:
"Lock and load" comes from the M2 Browning .50 Caliber Machine Gun, which started manufacture just prior to the end of WWI. The operating instructions for the M2 - now, as back then - were to lock the bolt latch release with the bolt latch release lock (located on the recoil buffer) before loading the gun by cycling the cocking handle. If you do not lock the bolt latch release before loading, the bolt is captured to the rear by the bolt latch, as for single shot operation, and does not actually load a round. While many people falsely attribute "lock and load" to the Garand, the M2 machine gun (and "lock and load") predates the Garand by over 20 years.
I don't see how lock stock and barrel is much of a hate speech though.

eh just went with the definition part. i did almost link the site but im not too good with bbcodes. same point though. even someone carrying a pistol around doesnt mean that they are planning mass murder. in fact that rarely happens. the vast minority, because of their horrendous crimes, give a bad name to the vast majority of responsible people.

yea and luz, im super cereal! oh and it was some wiki.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2011-01-12 18:06:22
Link | Citer | R

describing the root of the word works way better than a def though :P
 Ragnarok.Harpunnik
By Ragnarok.Harpunnik 2011-01-12 18:19:56
Link | Citer | R

So can we put the "This is Sarah Palin's fault" thing to the rest.

clicky

Also as discussed on the radio today. Got the transcript.

"It wasn't just Zeitgeist. " According to reports, Loughner's favorites included little-known conspiracy theory documentaries such as 'Zeitgeist' and 'Loose Change' as well as ... 'Donnie Darko' and 'A Scanner Darkly.'" Now, Zeitgeist is "a 2007 documentary that asserts Jesus Christ is a myth, that 9/11 was orchestrated by the government, and that bankers manipulate the international monetary system and the media in order to consolidate power." So a conspiracy movie (put together by deranged leftists, it turns out) appears to be, according to his best friend, the most influential media of this young man's life. "'Loose Change' is a series of films released between 2005 and 2009 which argue that the September 11, 2001 attacks were planned and conducted by elements within the United States government..."

So he's a "truther," or he bought into this notion that the people like -- a couple of Hollywood lefties, I forget their names -- have advanced the notion that Bush was behind all of this on 9/11, the government was. "'Donnie Darko' (2001) and 'A Scanner Darkly' (2006) are movies about altered states of consciousness and brainwashing." So left-wing documentary makers are not to blame for his actions even though his close friends identify left-wing documentaries and movies as highly influential. How come Hollywood is not to blame? And guess who's also escaping total blame here? Let me identify that person by asking you a question: If George W. Bush were president today, who do you think the media would be blaming for this?"

Ragnarok.Harpunnik
By Ragnarok.Harpunnik 2011-01-12 18:24:33
Link | Citer | R

Also...interesting how we blame Palin for some "targets" drawn on some website, and how the tea party is causing people to be violent we don't hear anything about the awesome democrats.

Yeah, cool lets shoot my opponent
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2011-01-12 18:30:17
Link | Citer | R

Excellent article by Forbes:

Making Sense of a Senseless Act

an excerpt:
Forbes said:
In his YouTube videos and postings on MySpace, alleged Arizona shooter Jared Lee Loughner echoed the bizarre beliefs of the extreme anti-government Sovereign Citizen movement. At least that’s the conclusion of JJ MacNab, who for more than a decade has tracked (and infiltrated online) the world of tax protesters and anti-government extremists.
In an interview Tuesday, MacNab explained that while the Sovereign movement has both white supremacist and tax protester roots, as it has spread (in large part over the Internet) it has also morphed. Newer and younger Sovereigns aren’t primarily white racists; some of the fastest growing Sovereign groups are African American and some Sovereigns even have left wing views. But like their predecessors, current Sovereigns consider the government illegitimate and embrace various bizarre and elaborate conspiracy theories, including that the government was involved in 9/11. (Loughner was reportedly a 9/11 truther.)

So what makes someone a Sovereign? The vast government conspiracy part is key says MacNab, who is writing a book on tax protesters and the Sovereigns. On her web site she writes: “A Sovereign believes that every individual has more rights and power than any government agency or political body, but that sinister forces behind the government have systematically suppressed this secret knowledge in order to better enslave us all as `subjects.’ Depending on the sovereign group, the conspiracy behind the government is run by rich bankers, the Federal Reserve, Jews, Zionists, the Pope, the Queen of England, or in one extreme case, shape-shifting reptiles.” Moreover, she says, Sovereigns have a fixation with words that can expose this conspiracy, which they blame for their various problems—with taxes, debts, ex-spouses, child protective services, and so on.
 Ragnarok.Harpunnik
By Ragnarok.Harpunnik 2011-01-12 18:33:03
Link | Citer | R

Shape shifting reptiles, you guys should really read into that, you really think dinosaurs went "extinct." Get outta here!
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2011-01-12 18:33:27
Link | Citer | R

What are you talking about?
The article you just posted wouldn't exist if we didn't hear anything about the Democrats silly.

anyhoo.

Quote:
"That Scott down there that's running for governor of Florida," Mr. Kanjorski said. "Instead of running for governor of Florida, they ought to have him and shoot him. Put him against the wall and shoot him. He stole billions of dollars from the United States government and he's running for governor of Florida. He's a millionaire and a billionaire. He's no hero. He's a damn crook. It's just we don't prosecute big crooks."
Doesn't really speak the same in volumes as to what Palin said, but honestly I think the whole media outcry on it in general is a bit far from the truth.
I think it's stupid to blame all these other peoples on the actions of an extremist individual and that the media is just lapping it up as a scandal as they do any other scandal.
Which is point fingers at everyone they can possibly point fingers at.
I'd imagine it's just easier for many news outlets to point fingers at republicans due to people like lolsarahpalin and her allies in north korea.
(not that saying your opponents should die isn't a bad thing lol)
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2011-01-12 18:44:02
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Harpunnik said:
Also...interesting how we blame Palin for some "targets" drawn on some website, and how the tea party is causing people to be violent we don't hear anything about the awesome democrats.

Can I get a link to the actual op-ed Kanjorski penned? I'd take a youtube video of it also. I've tried searching the archives of The Scranton Times-Tribune but can't find anything.
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2011-01-12 18:50:20
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Harpunnik said:
Also...check this out, yeah yeah, I know fox news, but they give a counter to the Sara Palin crosshairs thing you guys have mentioned. If your serious about this debate read it.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/01/10/arizona-massacre-prompts-political-cheap-shots/
I agree with some of their opinions. I would have liked a link to the Democratic Leadership Committee publication in 2004 they were talking about though.

Did you find a graphic of it anywhere Harp?
 Kujata.Akeda
Serveur: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2011-01-12 18:55:45
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Harpunnik said:
So can we put the "This is Sarah Palin's fault" thing to the rest.

We're still bashing Palin? I thought the crazies would be trying to blame Rush Limbaugh by now.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2011-01-12 18:57:00
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Blindphleb said:
Ragnarok.Harpunnik said:

Can I get a link to the actual op-ed Kanjorski penned? I'd take a youtube video of it also. I've tried searching the archives of The Scranton Times-Tribune but can't find anything.
This is the only thing I could find on it through that site, will do a bit of searching till I leave in 5 minutes lol.
First Page 2 3 ... 18 19 20