Arizona Congresswoman Shot At Public Event

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Arizona Congresswoman Shot at Public Event
Arizona Congresswoman Shot at Public Event
First Page 2 ... 18 19 20
 Phoenix.Mogue
Serveur: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Mogue
By Phoenix.Mogue 2011-01-08 13:43:03
Link | Citer | R

Story.

I hope I speak for the community in saying our thoughts are with Mrs. Giffords and her family today.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Serveur: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2011-01-08 13:50:08
Link | Citer | R

I just read that a little while ago. That's crazy. She was shot in the head at point blank range, but still alive? Crazy ***.
[+]
 Asura.Bluespoons
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Bluespoons 2011-01-08 13:53:55
Link | Citer | R

Wtf, the first article that Yahoo had said that she was dead. *** reporters.

Well, I'm glad she's alive, and that they got the guy that was shooting. I think it's messed up that he was just randomly shooting into the crowd, seemingly with no real purpose but to just shoot anyone.
[+]
By Fezz 2011-01-08 14:23:09
Link | Citer | R

ya its pretty crazy. the whole still developing so i imagine the story is bound to have some inaccurate info while its breaking, give em a break.

glad they caught the guy.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bismarck.Helixx
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Helixx
By Bismarck.Helixx 2011-01-08 14:35:54
Link | Citer | R

18-20 shots fired, into the head, still alive.

wtf?
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2011-01-08 14:44:47
Link | Citer | R

Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
Quote:
She won her third term in a closely contested race against a Tea Party-sponsored candidate and was one of three Democratic legislators who reported vandalism at their offices following the March vote on health care reform.

Awwww ***son. Tea party in the hiz house.
Their rebellion needs to be crushed!
[+]
By Phyrexius 2011-01-08 14:45:18
Link | Citer | R

Smells like a false flag, been saying this ever since Soetoro got pushed into office by his handlers.

Smeer campaign GO!
[+]
By Phyrexius 2011-01-08 14:46:38
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Quote:
She won her third term in a closely contested race against a Tea Party-sponsored candidate and was one of three Democratic legislators who reported vandalism at their offices following the March vote on health care reform.

No Tin Foil head, you need to be crushed :)
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2011-01-08 14:50:47
Link | Citer | R

Phyrexius said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Quote:

I don't think you understand what a "tin foil head" person is.

The concept of wearing a tin foil hat for protection from such threats has become a popular stereotype and term of derision; the phrase serves as a byword for paranoia and persecutory delusions, and is associated with conspiracy theorists.

That's you right down to the letter.
[+]
 Odin.Akhilleus
Serveur: Odin
user: akhilleus
By Odin.Akhilleus 2011-01-08 14:52:12
Link | Citer | R

The problem with everyones right to own a gun to protect themselves in America is that even the lunatics have one to protect themselves (from the voices in their heads), can't change the society however, the guns will always be there as well as the lunatics so this will be a regular occurence, unfortunately there are sick mofos that will mimic other attacks so the problem is endemic, arm the police! Oh that hasn't worked, I know all countries have their issues but really there is no need for guns, they are designed to kill, the capacity to kill en-masse is the issue, that sort of damage cannot be inflicted as easily with knife, sword or blunt weapon, you can never get rid off the loons but you can rid of the guns.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-01-08 14:52:44
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Phyrexius said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Quote:

I don't think you understand what a "tin foil head" person is.

The concept of wearing a tin foil hat for protection from such threats has become a popular stereotype and term of derision; the phrase serves as a byword for paranoia and persecutory delusions, and is associated with conspiracy theorists.

That's you right down to the letter.
[+]
 Bahamut.Lolserj
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Andras
By Bahamut.Lolserj 2011-01-08 14:55:03
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Akhilleus said:
The problem with everyones right to own a gun to protect themselves in America is that even the lunatics have one to protect themselves (from the voices in their heads), can't change the society however, the guns will always be there as well as the lunatics so this will be a regular occurence, unfortunately there are sick mofos that will mimic other attacks so the problem is endemic, arm the police! Oh that hasn't worked, I know all countries have their issues but really there is no need for guns, they are designed to kill, the capacity to kill en-masse is the issue, that sort of damage cannot be inflicted as easily with knife, sword or blunt weapon, you can never get rid off the loons but you can rid of the guns.

If they tried taking my guns i'd take a few of them out

I doubt im the only one

so that would be a bad decision
[+]
 Phoenix.Kirana
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-01-08 15:13:11
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Akhilleus said:

It is impossible to "get rid of" guns. Sure it is easily possible to make guns illegal, but that will never stop a criminal from owning one. All that will do is stop law abiding citizens from owning a gun. Even if every gun in the world was destroyed, those people who truly desire to kill would find a way to make new ones.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2011-01-08 16:20:44
Link | Citer | R

Update, a judge and and 9 year old child were among those confirmed killed.

They're however, optimistic on Congresswoman condition.

Quote:
Giffords was among at least 10 people wounded, and the hospital said her outlook was "optimistic" and that she was responding to commands from doctors. The hospital said a 9-year-old child was among the killed, and a U.S. Marshal said a federal judge was also fatally shot in the attack.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-01-08 16:28:29
Link | Citer | R

Any idea why this happened, or was the shooter just insane?
[+]
 Ramuh.Laffter
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2011-01-08 16:33:24
Link | Citer | R

Why, Arizona, why?!
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2011-01-08 16:43:24
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Police say the shooter was in custody, and was identified by people familiar with the investigation as Jared Loughner, 22. Pima County Sheriff's officials said he used a pistol to carry out the shooting spree. U.S. officials who provided his name to the AP spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to release it publicly.

Quote:
Federal law enforcement officials were poring over captured versions of a MySpace page that belonged to Jared Loughner and over Youtube video published to the Internet weeks ago under an account "Classitup10" and linked to him. The MySpace page, which was removed within minutes of the gunman being identified by U.S. officials, included a mysterious "Goodbye friends" message published hours before the shooting and exhorted his friends to "Please don't be mad at me."

In one of several Youtube videos, which featured text against a dark background, Loughner described inventing a new U.S. currency and complained about the illiteracy rate among people living in Giffords' congressional district in Arizona. Two spellings of his last name were given in the aftermath of the shooting — Loughner and Laughner.

"I know who's listening: Government Officials, and the People," Loughner wrote. "Nearly all the people, who don't know this accurate information of a new currency, aren't aware of mind control and brainwash methods. If I have my civil rights, then this message wouldn't have happen (sic)."

So it sounds like he was an insane.

Article
 Fairy.Spence
Serveur: Fairy
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2011-01-08 16:54:55
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Lolserj said:

If they tried taking my guns i'd take a few of them out

I doubt im the only one

so that would be a bad decision

Doesn't that sound alarms in your head?

Granted, both myself and the person you responded too aren't American. I just don't get it.
[+]
 Kujata.Jatayu
Serveur: Kujata
user: sruon
By Kujata.Jatayu 2011-01-08 17:06:39
Link | Citer | R

america *** yeah
[+]
 Odin.Gosuapple
Serveur: Odin
user: gosuapple
By Odin.Gosuapple 2011-01-08 17:27:49
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Akhilleus said:

by all means pick any 10 countries of your choice that have illegalized gun ownership and post the statistics on what it did to gun related violence and crimes here. I have looked at several countries and have yet to see a single one where gun crime and violence did not increase with illegalization.
[+]
 Fairy.Spence
Serveur: Fairy
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2011-01-08 17:29:36
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Gosuapple said:
Odin.Akhilleus said:

by all means pick any 10 countries of your choice that have illegalized gun ownership and post the statistics on what it did to gun related violence and crimes here. I have looked at several countries and have yet to see a single one where gun crime and violence did not increase with illegalization.

The sites I've been looking at have all said that the more available guns are, the more gun related crimes there are. It wasn't exclusive to American though.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2011-01-08 17:45:17
Link | Citer | R

Putting cross hairs on politician's faces and calling for "second amendment remedies" is all fun and games until someone gets shot through the head. You reap what you sow, and the violent rhetoric the far right unleashed last campaign season is sprouting.

Thankfully both John Boehner and John McCain have offered their kind words and support for the Congresswoman. We'll see if the rest of the nut house is as sympathetic. I can't wait for Rush to be his usual charming self, and for Alex Jones to peddle wares that explain how this was all an inside job.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Harpunnik
user: Harpunnik
By Ragnarok.Harpunnik 2011-01-08 17:51:13
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Blindphleb said:
Putting cross hairs on politician's faces and calling for "second amendment remedies" is all fun and games until someone gets shot through the head. You reap what you sow, and the violent rhetoric the far right unleashed last campaign season is sprouting. Thankfully both John Boehner and John McCain have offered their kind words and support for the Congresswoman. We'll see if the rest of the nut house is as sympathetic. I can't wait for Rush to be his usual charming self, and for Alex Jones to peddle wares that explain how this was all an inside job.

BTW his 3 favorite books are Siddhartha, Mein Kampf, and The Communist Manifesto. His favorite video is American Flag getting burned. He shows no alignment with the right or left anyway. The left makes a lot of violent and emotional tugging rhetoric as well. (This guy was angry about the literacy rate in America fyi.) Probably not wise to align this guy with the right just yet...

Also I can't speak for the rest, but Glenn Beck has urged people over the past 2 years to never ever resort to violence. He says the minute you resort to violence you diminish your cause...just sayin'
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Lolserj
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Andras
By Bahamut.Lolserj 2011-01-08 17:57:25
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Bartimaeus said:
I'd say for now, even with the shooter's motivations for doing such a horrible thing, let's try not to politicize this in a harsh degree between each other.

Innocent lives lost, innocent people suffering. Tragic.

yeah no one that got shot deserved this

it was a random and horrible thing to do

i hope that guy burns in hell
 Ragnarok.Harpunnik
user: Harpunnik
By Ragnarok.Harpunnik 2011-01-08 18:01:17
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Lolserj said:
Asura.Bartimaeus said:
I'd say for now, even with the shooter's motivations for doing such a horrible thing, let's try not to politicize this in a harsh degree between each other. Innocent lives lost, innocent people suffering. Tragic.
yeah no one that got shot deserved this it was a random and horrible thing to do i hope that guy burns in hell

Ditto. Its a shame our politicians can't go out into public without all types of security, and in this case innocent people. This guy is a douchebag. He also shames his military service.
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2011-01-08 18:23:49
Link | Citer | R

From his myspace before it was taken down:
Jared.Loughner said:
Schools:I attended school: Thornydale elementary,Tortolita Middle School, Mountain View Highschool, Northwest Aztec Middle College, and Pima Community College.
Interests:My favorite interest was reading, and I studied grammar. Conscience dreams were a great study in college!
Movies:(*My idiom: I could coin the moment!*)
Music:Pass me the strings!
Books:I had favorite books: Animal Farm, Brave New World, The Wizard Of OZ, Aesop Fables, The Odyssey, Alice Adventures Into Wonderland, Fahrenheit 451, Peter Pan, To Kill A Mockingbird, We The Living, Phantom Toll Booth, One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest, Pulp,Through The Looking Glass, The Communist Manifesto, Siddhartha, The Old Man And The Sea, Gulliver's Travels, Mein Kampf, The Republic, and Meno.

His Youtube videos:

You can draw your own conclusions. As for me, he sounds too much like the many crazy far right conspiracy theorists I've come in contact with.
[+]
First Page 2 ... 18 19 20