Abortion Rights
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Phoenix.Excelior
Serveur: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-12-28 08:38:52
Link | Citer | R

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/12/27/AR2010122703379_3.html?hpid=topnews&sid=ST2010122703436

Opinions?

Read the article before you post.
[+]
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-12-28 08:47:35
Link | Citer | R

I don't care much for this debate, just making it easier for others to view.
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Serveur: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-12-28 09:02:12
Link | Citer | R

Th washington post? Meh.

leave it to a woman to decide to blah blah blah blahblahblahblahblahblah...

/looks at his watch

/goes on for a few more paragraphs of why women should have the choice to abort because its the most important decision they make other than what type of ham they should put in his sandwich

/too much to read

/inserts totally redundant reference here

/points finger to Republicans for not wanting the non-aborted mistakes babies

/ends thread
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-12-28 09:38:06
Link | Citer | R

I won't read the article because my opinion on this issue will always be the same. Why should I give a ***whether a woman wants to keep her fetus or not? It's not my place to give a ***, and so I don't.
[+]
 Phoenix.Jimie
user: Jimie
By Phoenix.Jimie 2010-12-28 09:39:47
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Spence said:
Too bad for us that you weren't aborted! Zing!

lol'd
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Serveur: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-12-28 09:42:42
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Jimie said:
Fairy.Spence said:
Too bad for us that you weren't aborted! Zing!

lol'd
lol
[+]
 Phoenix.Mogue
user: Mogue
By Phoenix.Mogue 2010-12-28 09:44:14
Link | Citer | R

The article is basically about all the new and exciting ways Nebraskans are coming up with to thumb their nose at 40 years of established court precedent. Revving up their engines for a new round of culture wars.

i.e. nothing *** new so
Fairy.Spence said:

how's about you take that 'voluntary break.'
[+]
 Sylph.Amfortas
Serveur: Sylph
user: gillmaree
By Sylph.Amfortas 2010-12-28 09:45:13
Link | Citer | R

Aurilius.............of course you don't give a ***, too bad your parents gave a ***.................
 Luz
By Luz 2010-12-28 09:45:59
Link | Citer | R

Debating a matter with one side that is so radicalized they have a history of killing abortion providers is pretty silly. Once the pro-lifers terrorize/kill the few abortion providers left in the country there will be nothing to debate.

Also, lolexceliorthread.
[+]
 Fenrir.Terminus
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2010-12-28 09:53:03
Link | Citer | R

The link starts on page 3, which is very confusing, yo.

But...

I think the "almost parents" should be made as aware as possible of what's going on. Because, you know, doctors really ought to do that for every serious medical procedure. But as far as the whether abortion is good/bad/other... I wish every abortion clinic would close. But not from legislation.

From lack of need. Abortion isn't the problem, it's the solution. Sadly, it is a terrible solution. But it's what we have. The problems are rape, child abuse, irresponsibility, bad education, general ***, etc. We cure those, no one will need an abortion. Which, if what I said makes sense, is something everyone would be happy with.

PS: If you advocate recreational abortions, you fall into the *** category.
[+]
 Phoenix.Mogue
By Phoenix.Mogue 2010-12-28 09:55:10
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Terminus said:
Abortion isn't the problem, it's the solution. Sadly, it is a terrible solution. But it's what we have. The problems are rape, child abuse, irresponsibility, bad education, general ***, etc. We cure those, no one will need an abortion.
This + poverty.
[+]
 Luz
By Luz 2010-12-28 09:55:31
Link | Citer | R

Way to pay no mind to those whose doctors tell them they may/will die during child birth.
[+]
 Phoenix.Jimie
user: Jimie
By Phoenix.Jimie 2010-12-28 09:55:52
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Terminus said:

Because condoms never break, the pill is 100%, and your aim for her *** is always a bullseye.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2010-12-28 09:56:10
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Aurilius said:
I won't read the article because my opinion on this issue will always be the same. Why should I give a ***whether a woman wants to keep her fetus or not? It's not my place to give a ***, and so I don't.
I agree fully with this statement. I didn't read the article, either.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2010-12-28 09:58:42
Link | Citer | R

I haven't looked too much into the pro-life/pro-choice arguments. Am I wrong in thinking that most pro-life are very religious?
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-12-28 09:59:06
Link | Citer | R

Amfortas, you explain to me how the right to an abortion has anything to do with me and my parents, and I'll pretend to care what you think.

I was a planned child. My parents wanted to have a kid, and here I am. My mother's right to have an abortion had nothing to do with me being born because they wanted me to be born.

So you can stop with your "But every fetus has a right to live" ***. Or at the very least pick a better analogy.

Once again, a woman's right to choose whether she wants a baby or not is of none of my concern. Your cute little remark means nothing.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Serveur: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2010-12-28 09:59:39
Link | Citer | R

Here's a little slice of real for all the kiddies who haven't gotten there share yet.

It was the sixties and the million flowers bloomed, the summer of love turned into the spring of so many unwanted babies they needed a dump truck to haul them all to orphan asylum. Then they put up a sign "Free to a Good Home" and packed us up like kitties in old cardboard boxes and the people started lining up. They were shipping kids out a whole new door and if you filled out the paperwork correctly you could have as many as you wanted and nevermind the details.

and maybe the 70s wasn't the most ideal environment to raise a bunch of ravenous wolves that no one ever wanted. Here's your black birth certificate son, you are different from all the others but don't let it bother you because we are all going to die in a nuke fire anyway, amen. Btw chief, all the hardcore junkie burnout punks with no future all hang out over there.

But I LIVED for better of worse when alot of others never had the chance to watch the horror show and maybe sneak a peak at the happy and I feel worse for them.

Due to the uncontrolable whimsy of our biologicalality and the time space continuthingy I will probably never be a knocked up teenage girl with no hope and those three options. And while I hope they will try and make a life for them and their kid I understand what hopeless feels like. And as much as I want to give all them little babies the same puncher's chance that I had coming up I would really rather the government and abortion salesmen stayed the *** out of it.

I have seen girls that have made each of those choices and felt their pain of their decision, but at the distance that the reality of me not being them keeps me away from it.

[+]
 Fenrir.Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2010-12-28 10:10:08
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Mogue said:
Fenrir.Terminus said:
Abortion isn't the problem, it's the solution. Sadly, it is a terrible solution. But it's what we have. The problems are rape, child abuse, irresponsibility, bad education, general ***, etc. We cure those, no one will need an abortion.
This + poverty.

Yeah good point. Damn, the world could be pretty cool.
 Fenrir.Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2010-12-28 10:12:35
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Jimie said:
Fenrir.Terminus said:

Because condoms never break, the pill is 100%, and your aim for her *** is always a bullseye.

Kinda missed the point. I will be very careful.

All of the reasons people get abortions are the real problem. I listed some of them. You did, too. If those are taken care of, then no one would want an abortion. People are happy, and there are no abortions.

Get it?

Also way to be an adult.
 Luz
By Luz 2010-12-28 10:17:05
Link | Citer | R

Way to live in reality. Abortions are the reason we should stop all this crime! Abortion isn't going to be the one thing that makes people who commit crimes stop committing crime. It's not going to make the wealthy give up their riches.

The only reasonable way to approach abortion prevention is to only provide it to those who need it. So many people feel that if they give birth to an unwanted child it absolutely has to be raised by them, despite the fact that they would most likely live a much better life with an adopted family.
[+]
 Fenrir.Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2010-12-28 10:19:45
Link | Citer | R

That's weird. I wonder if I just said that if we fixed all those problems, then abortion would go away.

Luz
By Luz 2010-12-28 10:21:33
Link | Citer | R

I wonder if abortion would motivate all those people not to sin. Also, your list was not all-inclusive. Some people have had abortions because they were told they would die during child birth.
[+]
 Bismarck.Maxse
Serveur: Bismarck
user: maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2010-12-28 10:23:05
Link | Citer | R

Didn't read article excelor can't link.

Abortion ok but father should have say too not only woman.

If minor I think parents should be informed but consent not need.
 Fenrir.Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2010-12-28 10:27:10
Link | Citer | R

Luz said:
I wonder if abortion would motivate all those people not to sin. Also, your list was not all-inclusive. Some people have had abortions because they were told they would die during child birth.

First, this. It will provide some insight. Short story is, you can use that magical term if you want to include everything, but the list would be too long or you are concerned you might leave something out.

Next, people are meant to reproduce - preservation of the species and all that. Et cetera, if you will. So, something must be "wrong" or a "problem" to cause them to die during childbirth. So if we were able to fix the problem, they wouldn't die.

Edit: Yes, this is all a wild and crazy dream. That's why I say abortion is the solution, not the problem.
 Luz
By Luz 2010-12-28 10:32:17
Link | Citer | R

There is not an ever-expanding list of reasons to abort a child...

Yes, fix the problem with the mother. Why didn't anyone think of that!? What if the problem was discovered too late? What if it isn't fixable? Are there no exceptions to your theory that all abortions can be prevented?

It's fun to make posts based on semantics huh?
[+]
 Phoenix.Mogue
By Phoenix.Mogue 2010-12-28 10:33:10
Link | Citer | R

All the anti-abortion crowd wants is for the poor, the desperate and the downtrodden to have to turn to back-alleys to have the procedure and then, if they're lucky enough to survive that, have them tried and convicted for murder.

Whereas the rich, affluent and privileged will always be able to fly to the Bahamas and follow up their little "mistake" with a daiquiri.

Bismarck.Maxse
Serveur: Bismarck
user: maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2010-12-28 10:37:31
Link | Citer | R

Luz said:
There is not an ever-expanding list of reasons to abort a child...

Yes, fix the problem with the mother. Why didn't anyone think of that!? What if the problem was discovered too late? What if it isn't fixable? Are there no exceptions to your theory that all abortions can be prevented?

It's fun to make posts based on semantics huh?

The dude isn't saying its possible to fix all that ***. He's simply stating abortion isn't the problem and reasons people seek it as a solution. He's not some lunatic idealogue the ***just flew over your head.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7