Views On Astral Burning?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » Views on Astral burning?
Views on Astral burning?
First Page 2 3 ... 25 26 27 28
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2010-05-05 19:06:19
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Stanflame said:
"old school"

Definition: If Stanflame does it, it's ok.

Example: Level sync.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-05 19:06:54
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Kimble said:
Is Level Syncing old school?

Pretty much, it's been out for long enough.

What he means by Old school is this:

Astral burns have only become incredibly popular in the last year or so (On shiva anyways) so by levelling old school, he means there actually being people available to party with, and not just waiting for a turn in Korolloka.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Serveur: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-05 19:08:40
Link | Citer | R

Astral burns are the same age as level syncing, and level sync is the only reason it can be used the way it is.
[+]
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2010-05-05 19:08:54
Link | Citer | R

Level syncing is not "old school." That's HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. You want old school? Try a Bones Burn party. Go fight Jormy. Go merit inside the moon gate.

Something does not get the title of "old school" in a video game if there are people around that remember something much older than that.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-05 19:10:24
Link | Citer | R

Like I said, not the creation of Smn burning, but the rise in popularity.

When's the last time you tried levelling up a new job? it's hard to get people these days.

Either JP's who won't join due to Racism, or NA people who are camping the tunnel all the time.
 Sylph.Kimble
user: Jornna
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-05-05 19:15:18
Link | Citer | R

Not that hard really. Can do 20-37 in qufim, 37-55 in east ronfare and 55-75 in toau.

Did ninja that way recently and didn't take much time at all.

And SMN burn has actually been around longer then level syncing. Level syncing just made it easier to do.
[+]
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2010-05-05 19:17:35
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Either JP's who won't join due to Racism, or NA people who are camping the tunnel all the time.

Or, the majority of people leveled the jobs they want to the current level cap, and have no desire of doing it again.
 Siren.Buddah
Serveur: Siren
user: Buddah278
By Siren.Buddah 2010-05-05 19:58:25
Link | Citer | R

Gilgamesh.Alyria said:
...Its not altering or violating the agreement, nothing wrong in smn xp burn to me.

You mean like monopolizing the zone for ur own personal gain? sounds like a temp ban situation as well.

Gilgamesh.Alyria said:
If its an issue for smn's to have a 2hr burn then everything we do in the game is wrong. blm soloing mobs/nms, rdm soloing nms, etc. the list goes on.
How is this in any way similar to smn burn? Have u ever seen a smn solo in Mire? I bet not, cuz all the noob smn'ers who burned are too chicken ***, dont know how, or their skill is too gimp. Instead, u see them soloing fov on ep mobs getting 100 mp back w/ Elemental Siphon XD
[+]
 Leviathan.Niniann
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-05-05 20:10:10
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Buddah said:
Gilgamesh.Alyria said:
...Its not altering or violating the agreement, nothing wrong in smn xp burn to me.

You mean like monopolizing the zone for ur own personal gain? sounds like a temp ban situation as well.
Gilgamesh.Alyria said:
If its an issue for smn's to have a 2hr burn then everything we do in the game is wrong. blm soloing mobs/nms, rdm soloing nms, etc. the list goes on.
How is this in any way similar to smn burn? Have u ever seen a smn solo in Mire? i bet not, cuz all the noob smn'ers who burned are too chicken ***, dont know how, or their skill is too gimp. Instead, u see them soloing fov on ep mobs getting 100 mp back w/ Elemental Siphon XD

Why would an AB-SMN solo FoV when they can just.... AB... hurrr. Second off it's not exactly easy to cap SMN magic, even if you leveled from 1-75 yourself, so your Elemental Siphon jab doesn't really hold water.

Also. No real reason to solo in the Mire when there's FoV and much easier methods to exp for SMN, including gimp WHMing for low level parties.
[+]
 Bismarck.Rellz
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Relleum
By Bismarck.Rellz 2010-05-05 20:10:49
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Buddah said:
Gilgamesh.Alyria said:
The mobs are still available to kill its not like there all claimed. People can still party on worms as they cant be pulled. and usually pullers leave the jellies. so its not entirely monopolized. If you want to farm stuff the mobs drop ... ask the burners they might be nice and give you stuff.
Dont see why burners would get temp banned as they are really not doing anything wrong
[+]
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2010-05-05 20:19:28
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Buddah said:

Because Korroloka Tunnel was a hot EXP spot before ABing, right?

Korroloka Tunnel was a barren wasteland. Once in a while you'd find a worm EXP party because the Dunes was overcrowded or they just didn't want to go there, but other than that, no one spent any real time there EXPing on anything pulled for an AB. AB made the tunnel popular, so what? If you didn't go there before AB, chances are you still don't.

So...why do you care again?
[+]
 Siren.Buddah
By Siren.Buddah 2010-05-05 20:26:54
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Niniann said:
Why would an AB-SMN solo FoV when they can just.... AB... hurrr
duh, skillup/tabs/cp?

Leviathan.Niniann said:
Second off it's not exactly easy to cap SMN magic, even if you leveled from 1-75 yourself
Funny, my skill was quickly capped through my levels of pting, u must have burned if u have that understanding.

Leviathan.Niniann said:
Also. No real reason to solo in the Mire when there's FoV and much easier methods to exp for SMN
Are u kidding me? Smn can get 350-400 xp a kill, even more per chain on imps, w/o xp ring, and ISP is just an added bonus
[+]
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2010-05-05 20:29:29
Link | Citer | R

Oh. 75 SMN. I see. You're butthurt.

Cry more.
[+]
 Siren.Buddah
By Siren.Buddah 2010-05-05 20:32:14
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Katarzyna said:
Because Korroloka Tunnel was a hot EXP spot before ABing, right? Korroloka Tunnel was a barren wasteland. Once in a while you'd find a worm EXP party because the Dunes was overcrowded or they just didn't want to go there, but other than that, no one spent any real time there EXPing on anything pulled for an AB. AB made the tunnel popular, so what? If you didn't go there before AB, chances are you still don't. So...why do you care again?

I dont really care, if u choose to be gimp, cool be gimp.
Exping in the zone is not my issue. Like i said b4 in one of these threads somewhere, "All i gotta say is watch out for me in ur smn burn, cuz i dont give an F', if ur burning in a farming zone i will 'aga ur unclaimed batch and /farewell."

kthxbye
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2010-05-05 20:34:14
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Buddah said:
Exping in the zone is not my issue. Like i said b4 in one of these threads somewhere, "All i gotta say is watch out for me in ur smn burn, cuz i dont give an F', if ur burning in a farming zone i will 'aga ur unclaimed batch and /farewell."

Then don't complain when those people do the same thing to your merit party.
 Leviathan.Niniann
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-05-05 20:35:06
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Buddah said:
Leviathan.Niniann said:
Why would an AB-SMN solo FoV when they can just.... AB... hurrr
duh, skillup/tabs/cp?

Can do the same with AB if you're not HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. Minus the skills, but as I said still difficult, leveling alone isn't going to cap you.

Quote:
Leviathan.Niniann said:
Second off it's not exactly easy to cap SMN magic, even if you leveled from 1-75 yourself
Funny, my skill was quickly capped through my levels of pting, u must have burned if u have that understanding.

It took me a few weeks to cap my skill after burning. My other character had SMN to about 50ish and my skill was nowhere near cap from *normal* use. I know 75 SMNs who leveled off bombs, etc, still didn't have capped SMN skill.

Quote:
Leviathan.Niniann said:
Also. No real reason to solo in the Mire when there's FoV and much easier methods to exp for SMN
Are u kidding me? Smn can get 350-400 xp a kill, even more per chain on imps, w/o xp ring, and ISP is just an added bonus

Yeah ok. Soloing is still slow.
 Sylph.Seriin
user: Seriin
By Sylph.Seriin 2010-05-05 20:51:05
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Buddah said:
"All i gotta say is watch out for me in ur smn burn, cuz i dont give an F', if ur burning in a farming zone i will 'aga ur unclaimed batch and /farewell."

The only thing really worth farming in KT is Jellies, and it helps the pullers and burners a lot of if the farmers are there to kill said jellies. They ruin the exp gain if pulled and if said puller is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE and holds mob too far out then they kill summoners if not pulled.
 Bahamut.Stanflame
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-05-05 21:23:00
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Katarzyna said:

Cry more.
shut up, ***.

exp to 75 AFB cough, no skill. You try soloing in cae.mire on imps after doing an afb.

You would go in call garudo do predator claws and do 58 damage then de-level.
[+]
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2010-05-05 21:24:15
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Stanflame said:
Cerberus.Katarzyna said:

Cry more.
shut up, ***.

I see you learned a new word. Congrats!

Maybe next time you can use a 5 letter word!

I also find it cute you call people gimp when you, who has 67 WHM, managed to do that with a level 19 BLM subjob. (In case you haven't figured it out by now /smn is gimp before level 50, and I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you leveled it before SCH existed.)
[+]
 Fairy.Muerte
Serveur: Fairy
By Fairy.Muerte 2010-05-05 21:46:01
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Buddah said:
Cerberus.Katarzyna said:
Because Korroloka Tunnel was a hot EXP spot before ABing, right? Korroloka Tunnel was a barren wasteland. Once in a while you'd find a worm EXP party because the Dunes was overcrowded or they just didn't want to go there, but other than that, no one spent any real time there EXPing on anything pulled for an AB. AB made the tunnel popular, so what? If you didn't go there before AB, chances are you still don't. So...why do you care again?

kthxbye

GMs do act on people for doing this. Technically anyone is allowed to claim any mob that is not already claimed. However if you are messing with someone's experience you are messing with their gameplay. There are a few cases of GMs taking action in this situation.

Not to mention you aren't only hurting someone's experience, but someone's farming as well. AB Pullers farm impatient people.

Sylph.Kimble
user: Jornna
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-05-05 21:51:00
Link | Citer | R

I believe having your summoning magic under level doesnt actually affect acc or attack. It only makes a difference when it is over the cap.
[+]
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-05-05 21:51:14
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Katarzyna said:
Bahamut.Stanflame said:
Cerberus.Katarzyna said:

Cry more.
shut up, ***.

I also find it cute you call people gimp when you, who has 67 WHM, managed to do that with a level 19 BLM subjob. (In case you haven't figured it out by now /smn is gimp before level 50, and I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you leveled it before SCH existed.)

Sorry IQ 150+, I'll be greater than you will ever be for a years, upon years, extended to your great great great grand retard children generation of speds. Ty very much, ty ty ty.

Anyway, I do not like AFB, never will like AFB, never did like AFB.

360 player's....
[+]
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2010-05-05 21:55:43
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Stanflame said:
Cerberus.Katarzyna said:
Bahamut.Stanflame said:
Cerberus.Katarzyna said:

Cry more.
shut up, ***.

Sorry IQ 150 , I'll be greater than you will ever be for a years, upon years, extended to your great great great grand retard children generation of speds. Ty very much, ty ty ty.

360 player's....

150+ IQ and your vocabulary is 10 words (a couple of them are made-up words), not to mention the fact you bastardize the English language, you can't comprehend simple sentences, and your critical thinking skills add up to zero. I don't even own a 360, yet you keep calling me a "360 player."

Sorry, I don't believe your "150+ IQ" ***. You can keep tooting your own horn and bringing up the fact you have a "150+ IQ" but honestly, no one is believing a word you type.
[+]
 Fairy.Muerte
By Fairy.Muerte 2010-05-05 21:58:17
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Katarzyna said:
Bahamut.Stanflame said:
Cerberus.Katarzyna said:
Bahamut.Stanflame said:
Cerberus.Katarzyna said:

Cry more.
shut up, ***.

Sorry IQ 150 , I'll be greater than you will ever be for a years, upon years, extended to your great great great grand retard children generation of speds. Ty very much, ty ty ty.

360 player's....

150 IQ and your vocabulary is 10 words (a couple of them are made-up words), not to mention the fact you bastardize the English language, you can't comprehend simple sentences, and your critical thinking skills add up to zero. I don't even own a 360, yet you keep calling me a "360 player."

Sorry, I don't believe your "150 IQ" ***. You can keep tooting your own horn and bringing up the fact you have a "150 IQ" but honestly, no one is believing a word you type.

My IQ is over 9000, does that mean anything? :D
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2010-05-05 21:59:32
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Muerte said:
My IQ is over 9000, does that mean anything? :D

Why, yes. Yes it does! You posted it on FFXIAH.com, so it MUST be true!!!!
[+]
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-05-05 22:00:59
Link | Citer | R

true
 Fairy.Muerte
By Fairy.Muerte 2010-05-05 22:01:35
Link | Citer | R

The only things posted on this website are facts!
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-05-05 22:03:07
Link | Citer | R

[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 25 26 27 28