Views On Astral Burning?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » Views on Astral burning?
Views on Astral burning?
First Page 2 3 ... 24 25 26 27 28
 Shiva.Flionheart
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-05 17:46:48
Link | Citer | R

Hades.Excelior said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
As long as you don't reply to any /tell you get, you won't get banned. I've had a GM called on me 5 times in the past for ruining a burn, the first time I argued with the burners and got jailed, second time I simply said lol in /tell back to them and got jailed again. Last 3 times I simply didn't reply, and when a GM messaged me I just said I was farming and didn't realise what was going on (by this time I'd been there for about an hour and a half killing all the mobs indiscriminately (whether they were on a fisherman, or just roaming) and the GM simply asked me to move on. GM's won't stop you if you don't reply and kill everything, not just the claimed mobs.

Why would you ruin somebody's burn? Just butt hurt and have nothing better to do in game?

Was bored at the time, found it funny.

Not that I do it anymore idc what people do, but telling people you'll get banned for ruining burns is a lie.

Lies are bad.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Serveur: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-05 17:50:08
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Hades.Excelior said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
As long as you don't reply to any /tell you get, you won't get banned. I've had a GM called on me 5 times in the past for ruining a burn, the first time I argued with the burners and got jailed, second time I simply said lol in /tell back to them and got jailed again. Last 3 times I simply didn't reply, and when a GM messaged me I just said I was farming and didn't realise what was going on (by this time I'd been there for about an hour and a half killing all the mobs indiscriminately (whether they were on a fisherman, or just roaming) and the GM simply asked me to move on. GM's won't stop you if you don't reply and kill everything, not just the claimed mobs.

Why would you ruin somebody's burn? Just butt hurt and have nothing better to do in game?

Not that I do it anymore idc what people do, but telling people you'll get banned for ruining burns is a lie.

Lies are bad.
It's really at GM discresion. If they can determine you're *** with them only to *** w/ them, yes, you can get banned. If you're farming or have a legit purpose for doing it, then you'll be fine.

Example of banned:
Oh hey, I'm gonna Diaga all your mobs w/ no intent to kill or even engage a single one of them

Example of not banned:
Killing ***thats being pulled for exp or farming purposes.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-05 17:56:17
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Hades.Excelior said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

Lies are bad.
It's really at GM discresion. If they can determine you're *** with them only to *** w/ them, yes, you can get banned. If you're farming or have a legit purpose for doing it, then you'll be fine.

Example of banned:
Oh hey, I'm gonna Diaga all your mobs w/ no intent to kill or even engage a single one of them

Example of not banned:
Killing ***thats being pulled for exp or farming purposes.

I diaga'd them and then engaged to kill, the GM can't see any problem with it seeing as they were white.

as much as GM discretion does play a role, GM's still have to follow a certain code, and as I wasn't technically doing anything wrong (no matter the GM's personal opinion on the matter) nothing could be done.

If I'd simply replied to the /tell with anything it could be chalked up as interference in another players activity, but as I play dumb they have no accusation to base this off.

Not that I do this at all anymore, but saying you'll be banned for doing it (which is stupid as you get jailed 3-4 times first if that's the only offence) is a lie.
 Sylph.Kimble
user: Jornna
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-05-05 17:58:53
Link | Citer | R

You can't do it on purpose 2-3 times and then try and play dumb, lol. I'm pretty sure they keep a log of why you have been banned, sent to jail, etc.
 Hades.Excelior
Serveur: Hades
user: Excelior
By Hades.Excelior 2010-05-05 18:02:14
Link | Citer | R

You will get a temp ban for doing it in a lot of cases depending on how rude you are about it. The funny thing is, I warn them they'll get banned for doing it before I even place the GM call. They always reply with the same line "nope I can do what I want". Within half an hour they'll be standing beside you and suddenly disapear to GM jail. Leaves you with a sort of smile.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-05 18:02:45
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Kimble said:
You can't do it on purpose 2-3 times and then try and play dumb, lol. I'm pretty sure they keep a log of why you have been banned, sent to jail, etc.

I have done it and played dumb 2-3 times lol.

GM's don't keep as much information as you'd think.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-05 18:03:25
Link | Citer | R

Hades.Excelior said:
You will get a temp ban for doing it in a lot of cases depending on how rude you are about it. The funny thing is, I warn them they'll get banned for doing it before I even place the GM call. They always reply with the same line "nope I can do what I want". Within half an hour they'll be standing beside you and suddenly disapear to GM jail. Leaves you with a sort of smile.

Hence, do not reply and get away with it.
 Bahamut.Stanflame
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-05-05 18:05:05
Link | Citer | R

Hades.Excelior said:
I get legit people banned, because I have to afb dur dur dur dur

3600 afb supporter, nuff said.
[+]
 Bismarck.Yuenna
Serveur: Bismarck
user: yuenna
By Bismarck.Yuenna 2010-05-05 18:06:06
Link | Citer | R

GM's really cant do much. And care about things even less.
Anytime you call one you will get the same pre-scripted bs
of Oh you witnessed this blah blah blah.. Im so sorry i know how <insert situation here > can make you frustrated blah blah blah.. email special forces blah blah blah
we value your feed back blah blah blah

Moral of this story is GM dont care and dont do crap
 Bismarck.Chasuro
user: Chasuro
By Bismarck.Chasuro 2010-05-05 18:07:10
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Yuenna said:
GM's really cant do much. And care about things even less.
Anytime you call one you will get the same pre-scripted bs
of Oh you witnessed this blah blah blah.. Im so sorry i know how <insert situation here > can make you frustrated blah blah blah.. email special forces blah blah blah
we value your feed back blah blah blah

Moral of this story is GM dont care and dont do crap

Incorrect, I've had a GM ban a couple people for screwing with our af burns.
 Hades.Excelior
By Hades.Excelior 2010-05-05 18:07:25
Link | Citer | R

After reading the stuff Stan posts I'm not sure who's the bigger retard on these forums; him or korpg.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-05 18:07:59
Link | Citer | R

If you get GM'd for ruining an astral burn, you deserve it.

It's not hard to avoid.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-05 18:08:40
Link | Citer | R

Hades.Excelior said:
After reading the stuff Stan posts I'm not sure who's the bigger retard on these forums; him or korpg.

Your up there tbh.
 Hades.Excelior
By Hades.Excelior 2010-05-05 18:09:19
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Hades.Excelior said:
Your up there tbh.

I'd like to know how I compare to either of them lol.
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2010-05-05 18:10:09
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Stanflame said:
Cerberus.Katarzyna said:
Bahamut.Stanflame said:
blah blah blah I don't know how to read or comprehend simple thoughts blah blah blah *** *** *** blah blah blah I'm a retard, ignore everything I say.

Fixed.

If I Astral Burn, it doesn't affect you.

If it doesn't affect you, you shouldn't care.

See how that works?

I do not care, it is gimp and a cheap way.

Oh it effects me, I want to exp in a regular party and can not. I realized this ***is one of the reasons.

so *** off

Go exp with your LS. Pick up parties have and always will suck. They sucked before Astral Burning and they still suck now. AB did't gimp EXP. The constant excuses like "This is just my sub," "I'm too lazy to make money," "I only get to play x amount of hours and you actually expect me to farm?!" made EXPing a chore. Not to mention the countless hours LFG some jobs face because they can't be in the cookie cutter 2xBRD/RDM/3xSAM parties.

So, kind sir, in closing: *** off.

Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-05 18:10:53
Link | Citer | R

Hades.Excelior said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Hades.Excelior said:
Your up there tbh.

Not normally, but in this thread... {Hmm}
 Hades.Excelior
By Hades.Excelior 2010-05-05 18:12:06
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Hades.Excelior said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Hades.Excelior said:
Your up there tbh.
Not normally, but in this thread... {Hmm}

Well, thank you for fixing that somewhat.
 Kujata.Akeda
Serveur: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2010-05-05 18:12:12
Link | Citer | R

Just get a group of people to level sync in the area, then complain the AB is taking away from your enjoyment of the game. That'd wipe the smug smile off Excelior's face.

Cerberus.Katarzyna
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2010-05-05 18:13:47
Link | Citer | R

Akeda, tell your LS to stop accepting gimps and AB wouldn't affect you.
 Bismarck.Yuenna
By Bismarck.Yuenna 2010-05-05 18:22:23
Link | Citer | R

This has went from views on AB what u think is right situation to do one in to who has the biggest *** and pc players are superior to ps2 and 360 players

1. If you dont like AB then dont do them plain n simple. If you really against them then call SE and cry to them. They made it possible so only they can change it

2. Who gives a crap what people play on. If you dont like the game on multiple systems once again call SE. Im sure they will listen to you and stop that extra income they get from the game being on multiple platforms. Ive seen great players that play on 360 and at same time seen absolute crappy players that play on pc. What you play on does not determine how good a player you are.

3. AB is there and is good for like i said before merits and leveling sub jobs for the level cap increase that is comming. I dont think it is good idead to lvl to 75 that way for that makes your skill gimp. and time it take you to skill up be same time it take you to xp your job in parties.

So just get on with your game and accept the fact whether you like AB or dont like it . Until SE does something about it . People still gonna do it
 Hades.Excelior
By Hades.Excelior 2010-05-05 18:25:11
Link | Citer | R

@ Yuenne

I don't think you understand that this is the internet. Raging on people until they see your point of view is what you do here. You act like these convincing and pursuasive posts will not change anyone's mind. You act like none of this is important =(
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-05-05 18:43:39
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Katarzyna said:
Akeda, tell your LS to stop accepting gimps and AB wouldn't affect you.
are you a astral flow gimp? ty
[+]
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-05-05 18:45:52
Link | Citer | R

Hades.Excelior said:
I have an IQ of 150+, try again about who is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. Oh and I hate astral flow burns, "old school". That is where it is old skooo, someone with an iq lower than 50 would not be able to comprehend.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Roudidou
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Roudidou
By Ragnarok.Roudidou 2010-05-05 18:46:53
Link | Citer | R

LOL at how i brought back this thread from the dead
 Asura.Malekith
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Malekith 2010-05-05 18:50:00
Link | Citer | R

We need a cleric to turn undead and put this thread to bed.
[+]
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-05-05 18:50:16
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Stanflame said:
Hades.Excelior said:
I have an IQ of 150 , try again about who is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. Oh and I hate astral flow burns, "old school". That is where it is old skooo, someone with an iq lower than 50 would not be able to comprehend.

So you don't use level sync either?
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-05 18:51:50
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Kimble said:
Bahamut.Stanflame said:
Hades.Excelior said:
I have an IQ of 150 , try again about who is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. Oh and I hate astral flow burns, "old school". That is where it is old skooo, someone with an iq lower than 50 would not be able to comprehend.

So you don't use level sync either?

So a brd leeching in a smn burn party, and a brd syncing from 42 to 37 for an East ronfaure (s) party does the same amount of work to obtain levels?
 Hades.Excelior
By Hades.Excelior 2010-05-05 18:58:35
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Stanflame said:
Hades.Excelior said:

Your IQ doesnt reflect your ability to not be a social moron. I won't even go into the psychological impact and the studies behind IQ and its lack of being meaningful. Lets just say your SIQ(social intelligence quotient) is that of a retard. In lue of being able to pay you disability for your apperently extreme condition maybe you would like a free smn burn or two?
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-05-05 19:00:00
Link | Citer | R

Is Level Syncing old school?
 Bismarck.Yuenna
By Bismarck.Yuenna 2010-05-05 19:04:15