Yet Another Cor Gear Advice Thread =)

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » Yet another Cor gear advice thread =)
Yet another Cor gear advice thread =)
First Page 2 3 4
 Leviathan.Dubont
Serveur: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-05-31 00:17:42
Link | Citer | R

QD set

I dont have a good back piece for it atm..and of course, staves and grips are changed out accordingly. Body has MAB+ and QD Delay-

WS set (my main concern)

DD set

Hands head and feet are swapped out for haste gear depending on situation. Rings are also swapped out for Behemoth rings depending on situation.
[+]
 Phoenix.Ailoki
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Xenophire
By Phoenix.Ailoki 2010-05-31 00:25:25
Link | Citer | R

Commander's Cape is the best back piece for a QD Set Up at the moment. Sucks CORs can't wear Hecate's Cape. ; ;

What did you get from MKD? Could always get a WS Acc/Atk Anwig for your WS set. Denali Jacket is also pretty nice for Slug Shots, given AGI is it's main modifier and the jacket has 10, not to mention the +9 R. Atk. Can also wear the Denali Jacket for your QD build if you're getting resists.

As far as TP. Can't go wrong with the Scorpion Harness, or hell, even the Cobra Unit Harness if you Campaign a lot. I had the body, legs, and feet for my TP. If you're missing a lot, I would look into TPing in an O-Hat, or if you're pretty comfortable with your accuracy, Wally Turban.
 Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-05-31 00:28:17
Link | Citer | R

Well I don't have access to dreamworlds atm so the cape is out >< Working on denali jacket actually..MKD I got the blm head so yea...and Wally turban I use on things that I actually get to melee on (I.E. not merit ptys or HNMs)
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Serveur: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-31 00:28:55
Link | Citer | R

Rajas ring for TP'ing

Nvm you don't have one
[+]
 Phoenix.Ailoki
By Phoenix.Ailoki 2010-05-31 00:30:22
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Dubont said:
Well I don't have access to dreamworlds atm so the cape is out >< Working on denali jacket actually..MKD I got the blm head so yea...and Wally turban I use on things that I actually get to melee on (I.E. not merit ptys or HNMs)
Cape isn't relic. ^-^ Drops from a Buffalo in the Range.
 Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-05-31 00:32:09
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Ailoki said:
Leviathan.Dubont said:
O.o orly? =D

Oh commander...thought it said Commodore or something lol
 Phoenix.Ailoki
By Phoenix.Ailoki 2010-05-31 00:33:37
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Dubont said:
Phoenix.Ailoki said:
Leviathan.Dubont said:
O.o orly? =D

Oh commander...thought it said Commodore or something lol
Still a very sexy item, though~
 Siren.Enternius
Serveur: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-05-31 00:36:41
Link | Citer | R

Best ranged WS set I could come up with for COR/WAR meleeing with Joyeuse.
 Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-05-31 00:36:52
Link | Citer | R

yea and I'm aiming for it. I just need to get 1) Dreamworld access and 2) A shell that DOES dreamworld lol

so..aside from that, anything else?
 Leviathan.Niniann
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-05-31 00:38:04
Link | Citer | R

QD:

Agile Gorget/Hope Torque for when latent's not active/Light/Dark shots. Someone said there's an AGI neck from campaign, too lazy to look.

+1 Tricorne/Bottes

War Brais +1/Nimue's Tights/Denali Panfs

Scouter's Rope (Why are you using the rope you have?)

Get a Martial Gun

WS:

WSGorget

If you do Ein, get a Bucc belt.

Dusk Trousers

+1 Tricorne/Bottes
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Serveur: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-05-31 00:38:37
Link | Citer | R

I'd use Gorget + Amemet+1 in the set above!
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-05-31 00:40:04
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
I'd use Gorget Amemet 1 in the set above!
Brain lapse on the Gorget, lol.

And as far as Amemet goes, I'm not going to do all the math to figure out how much STR COR has but it's not enough. I suppose it could go either way, but if someone could check the math, that would be neat.
 Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-05-31 00:43:24
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Niniann said:
QD:

Agile Gorget/Hope Torque for when latent's not active/Light/Dark shots

1 Tricorne/Bottes

War Brais 1/Nimue's Tights/Denali Panfs

Get a Martial Gun

WS:

Dusk Trousers

1 Tricorne/Bottes
I don't have access to sea so Hope torque is out of the question but I will look into Agile. I don't have access to any AF+1 and with Elvaan, the Wood M feet have more agi than the AF+1..so wouldn't that be better for QD? I use the rope I have b/c thats really the only one I have since my QD set is also my /mage set since somehow I end up main heal -.- Also, how does Martial help with QD?

On WS, I'm actually only a few runs away from Bucc belt, again how does Dusk legs help with WS dmg and I dont have access to AF+1
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-05-31 00:47:42
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Dubont said:
Leviathan.Niniann said:
QD:

Agile Gorget/Hope Torque for when latent's not active/Light/Dark shots

1 Tricorne/Bottes

War Brais 1/Nimue's Tights/Denali Panfs

Get a Martial Gun

WS:

Dusk Trousers

1 Tricorne/Bottes
I don't have access to sea so Hope torque is out of the question but I will look into Agile. I don't have access to any AF 1 and with Elvaan, the Wood M feet have more agi than the AF 1..so wouldn't that be better for QD? I use the rope I have b/c thats really the only one I have since my QD set is also my /mage set since somehow I end up main heal -.- Also, how does Martial help with QD?

On WS, I'm actually only a few runs away from Bucc belt, again how does Dusk legs help with WS dmg and I dont have access to AF 1

I guess your RSE would be better for QD, an oversight. Change to Scouter's rope. Meant to have Martial gun for WS, but if you're DDing you don't really want to change guns for QDs, if you're not then that's another story.

Dusk legs help you not whiff slug shot, because that always results in a sadface. It has a hefty amount of ranged accuracy too.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Serveur: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-31 00:51:11
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Enternius said:

Why would you use dragonmaw if you're TP'ing with sword?
 Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-05-31 00:51:29
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Niniann said:
I guess your RSE would be better for QD, an oversight. Change to Scouter's rope. Meant to have Martial gun for WS, but if you're DDing you don't really want to change guns for QDs, if you're not then that's another story.

Dusk legs help you not whiff slug shot, because that always results in a sadface. It has a hefty amount of ranged accuracy too.
I see. I almost never do DD and QD in the same situation so I guess I could switch out guns np. Scouter's I will def get. Dusk I will buy if I ever seen on AH again (went to buy some this morning...but to no avail)><
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-05-31 00:52:16
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Siren.Enternius said:

Why would you use dragonmaw if you're TP'ing with sword?
I was

JUST

realizing this as I was talking to my fiance and her brother about COR. Was rushing back here to see if I could change it before anyone noticed.

Apparently not.

Ragnarok.Flippant
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Enceladus
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2010-05-31 00:54:04
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Enternius said:

Will most likely want a bit more ranged accuracy. Pahluwan Seraweels, AKD hat. And his Mirke is QD stats, so maybe Frac +1 instead.

As for OP's TP set, if you're TPing with Joy, why not more acc/haste? Turban, Dusk Gloves, Dusk Ledelsens/Enkidu's Leggings/Sentanta's Ledelsens. Barbarossa Zerehs are understandably difficult to obtain, so if not Shantotto pants you can use Cobra Unit for acc.
[+]
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-05-31 00:57:29
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Dubont said:
Leviathan.Niniann said:

I see. I almost never do DD and QD in the same situation so I guess I could switch out guns np. Scouter's I will def get. Dusk I will buy if I ever seen on AH again (went to buy some this morning...but to no avail)><

I don't DDCOR too much, but if I did I'd lightshot Dia's. Probably not any damage shots though, I suppose. Scouter's is nice. If you're cheap and don't want to get a Commander's cape, can go for a Federal Army Mantle (would have to change to Windurst... if it's worth it to you.). I have one. Inventory -1 ftw... good luck on finding Dusk Pants. @___@;
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-05-31 00:58:18
Link | Citer | R

Well let's see.

One of these:

Probably the latter because that's pretty damn good for QD also.
 Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-05-31 01:01:22
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Flippant said:
Siren.Enternius said:

Will most likely want a bit more ranged accuracy. Pahluwan Seraweels, AKD hat. And his Mirke is QD stats, so maybe Frac 1 instead.

As for OP's TP set, if you're TPing with Joy, why not more acc/haste? Turban, Dusk Gloves, Dusk Ledelsens/Enkidu's Leggings/Sentanta's Ledelsens. Barbarossa Zerehs are understandably difficult to obtain, so if not Shantotto pants you can use Cobra Unit for acc.
yea I put a note under there about switching out hands head and feet for haste gear. I didn't feel like including a separate set (1 for rng and 1 for melee) but my melee does have turban and dusk feet/hands and my ranged has Behemoth rings as well as Corsair's frac (for racc) I usually keep Comm Tricorne for the ratt unless its something I know I can't hit, at which time I switch out for Cor Tric
 Ragnarok.Flippant
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2010-05-31 01:02:58
Link | Citer | R

Oh sorry, only saw the Behemoth ring comment for some reason ~_~

Also, don't have to switch nation, just have to pay extra CP for mantle.
 Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-05-31 01:06:21
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Niniann said:
Leviathan.Dubont said:
Leviathan.Niniann said:

I don't DDCOR too much, but if I did I'd lightshot Dia's. Probably not any damage shots though, I suppose. Scouter's is nice. If you're cheap and don't want to get a Commander's cape, can go for a Federal Army Mantle (would have to change to Windurst... if it's worth it to you.). I have one. Inventory -1 ftw... good luck on finding Dusk Pants. @___@;
Gil isn't a prob atm (unless of course it is over 2-3mil) so I will look into Commander's cape right after I get Ixion cape for BLM. I do mainly dmg shots on cor (really only b/c I only go cor for Kirin, Genbu, and Solo Despot. Everything else, dyna, hnm, etc, I'm blm) and Dark shots.

Edit: For melee set I am also looking into getting a Mkris for when I have to sub nin. Worth it or no?
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-05-31 01:06:55
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Flippant said:
Oh sorry, only saw the Behemoth ring comment for some reason ~_~

Also, don't have to switch nation, just have to pay extra CP for mantle.

Man I feel HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. :<

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-05-31 01:25:35
Link | Citer | R

dunno if anyone saw it or not but, for melee set with /nin, would mkris be worth it? or add in a racc dagger?
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-05-31 01:26:01
Link | Citer | R

Gilgamesh.Mytoy said:
Siren.Enternius said:
Well let's see.

One of these:

Probably the latter because that's pretty damn good for QD also.

I'm pretty sure the DMG:47 Magnatus beats DMG:40 STR 4 RATT 12 and DMG:40 AGI 4 RACC 12.

Base DMG means a lot (for both RA/WS and for QD).

EDIT: Threw in the QD bit
DMG does nothing if you don't have the STR to back it up (as far as fSTR goes)

As far as I know, COR can't hit the upper fSTR cap.
 Ragnarok.Flippant
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2010-05-31 01:39:47
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Dubont said:
dunno if anyone saw it or not but, for melee set with /nin, would mkris be worth it? or add in a racc dagger?

MKris is great for meleeing COR period. But why sub NIN? I really never sub it unless I'm soloing something; /WHM or /RDM for most endgame events, /DNC for most merits, and /WAR if merit party doesn't need the extra healing.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 4