Yet Another Cor Gear Advice Thread =)

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » Yet another Cor gear advice thread =)
Yet another Cor gear advice thread =)
 Diabolos.Dathus
Serveur: Diabolos
Game: FFXI
user: Dathus
By Diabolos.Dathus 2010-05-31 02:42:18
Link | Citer | R

IMO AF+1 body will win out. R.Acc and R.ATK and AGI? /drool for WSing in. If you're not worried about ACC I'd do Denali jacket, but I'm an ACC *** since I use STR rings.

And MyToy, don't do R.Atk and QD delay. Get either a QD body or a mini-Osode for yourself.

Also, as an Elvaan, the RSE feet are better by 1 AGI, but don't go out of your way for'em as they're a better mage piece. Good if you wanna force up your MP so you hit the Ugly Pendant % a little better.
 Siren.Enternius
Serveur: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-05-31 02:43:42
Link | Citer | R

Gilgamesh.Mytoy said:
Siren.Enternius said:
Gilgamesh.Mytoy said:
Relic body is STR 3 RATT 8...you sure that doesn't trump STR 5 AGI 5 (said without racc/ratt augs)?
I had no idea it had STR on it. >.> Okay, yeah, I'll go ahead and say Denali > Relic body > Mirke without augments.

Totally not relevant...but btw when I said that thing about Corselet not being anything new I was talking to Akeda, silly. :P

(Just in case you didn't revisit the thread)
I did, lol. I noticed after I hit Submit and didn't feel like changing it.
 Ragnarok.Flippant
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Enceladus
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2010-05-31 02:45:22
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Those sets are like a inventory sink 100 8X

IDK if I could hold them all with me lol.

Yeah, I hate carrying everything for COR. I don't even bother with most slots for QD.

Quickdraw build. I don't bother with back/waist. I might go get those one gloves some time, but I'm kinda lazy. (Oh and yes, I dual wield staves like a pro.)

Slug Shot build. Ranged acc + 71 (including hat's +25 during WS; my Mirke is ratt+10, Snapshot+5 from my RNG) and I miss like hell unless party asks for Hunter's Roll (only use Slug for merit parties). No Marksmanship merits though.

I'll likely give in and buy a Martial Gun at some point pending new Magian weapon trials.
 Leviathan.Dubont
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-05-31 02:51:27
Link | Citer | R

ok so this is what I have as of this moment on WS build

A few pieces I am planning to get but I have 3k NOW atm lol
 Siren.Enternius
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-05-31 02:56:23
Link | Citer | R

Gilgamesh.Mytoy said:
I have to eat sushi (sole onry <3str) and I have capped marks merits, but with my RACC+49 I have a decent hit rate on birds.

If slug shot didn't have -racc, I have 95% lv81 birds and 94.3% on lv82 birds iirc. However, it does do racc-...I'm not quite sure how much XD

EDIT: This is without the Martial gun racc bonus... I'm not sure how much that makes up for either.

Supposedly, Sidewinder and Slug Shot both get a -40 ACC penalty at 100%, -20 at 200%, and -10 at 300%. I have no proof to back this up but this is just what I had always believed, and found synonymous with my Accuracy in merits on RNG. So in order to cap R.ACC for Slug Shot with Martial Gun, you'll need to add in another extra +20 ACC over what you had for TPing.
 Diabolos.Dathus
Serveur: Diabolos
user: Dathus
By Diabolos.Dathus 2010-05-31 02:58:42
Link | Citer | R

@MyToy: Squid/Sole+1 or GTFO on birds tbh. Meleeing for TP and WSing I still hit about 90-ish% on melee and WSes I miss maybe 1/12 Slugs. You may say "lolmerit mobs" but if you're willing to sacrifice QD or WS damage for compromise, you'd probably want to work on knocking out the HQ food. Also lets me focus on a more Haste oriented TP build.

@Dubont: Get a Bucc belt for WSing in as it'll give you more consistent results. For your AF to +1 I'd suggest Feet > Body > Head if you've got access to AMKD and are making a R.Atk headpiece. If not, Feet > Head > Body for AF+1. After you get your Moogle head or +1 head/feet, you should have enough R.Acc in those slots to go 2x STR rings. Also, Sea Gorget for WSing in > PCC. Not only does it add you R.Acc it enhances the mods for WSes, allowing for higher damage.
 Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-05-31 02:59:05
Link | Citer | R

Gilgamesh.Mytoy said:
How far into CoP are you?

Rajas/Breeze gorget would be easy additions if you manage to finish CoP~
on Diabolos atm. I plan on finishing CoP (or at least getting to 7+) by the end of summer
 Asura.Flufferkins
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Flufferkins 2010-05-31 06:00:26
Link | Citer | R

Looks like you need more MP gear for when you /WHM

But I'll add to this thread and try to be helpful regardless. A lot of things here were already answered.

Here are my sets, They aren't "Prime examples".. They are what I actually use. Mainly some pieces are hard to obtain currently. Finishing Skadi pieces/ magian trial etc. Things will change drastically with the new level cap and gear.

Melee TP:

Really self explanatory. The shields change based on sub but it's usually just because I feel odd having an empty free hand. I see a lot of cor's offhand trailers, mkris etc but you should just pick one or the other. people have done the math and it slows down your TP gain. Only problem with using M.Kris over joyeuse against higher defense targets is it's low base damage. You'll find yourself hitting for 0's in some occasions. I know the brutal makes some people >.> with the joyeuse but that is a whooolllleeee different discussion, not to mention lack of anything decent in earrings to take it's place.

For Detonator:

I just stack as much STR as I can. I won't fork out the gil for Alky's over pallas just yet because I think the extra 600k can do a lot more for me on other things than 3 more str atm. It isn't penalized on racc like slug so just bringing up fSTR as much as you can and adding some Ratt here and there have yielded the best results for me.

For Slugshot:

Aiming for really just a strong Ranged attack hit on this one. Since Slug is naturally a 4x damage shot given the modifiers to your base damage. I'll choose the Racc rings over Str every time since the lost damage of one missed slugshot will be way more than the added damage they put against your base.

QD and LS are the same as every other cor. I don't go crazy on adding AGI where I don't already carry a piece, Inventory becomes very tight. since it only contributes to M.Acc and I'm usually in the blm party if I'm spamming QD, I already have wizard/warlocks rolls on me.
 Hades.Tripster
Serveur: Hades
user: Lisamarie
By Hades.Tripster 2010-05-31 06:16:31
Link | Citer | R

Question:

Does Altdorf's + Wilhelm's beat Drone + Moldy for a QD set?

I'm asking this cause I didn't see any Altdorfs/Wilhelms in the sets ppl posted, and I think it's pretty hot.
 Asura.Flufferkins
By Asura.Flufferkins 2010-05-31 06:24:18
Link | Citer | R

Haha no, I was just braking balls. I edited my post to be productive.
 Asura.Flufferkins
By Asura.Flufferkins 2010-05-31 06:28:49
Link | Citer | R

Seeing some of these sets though >.< I really need to finish Kupo missions. That Anwig is so nice for cor..
 Hades.Tripster
By Hades.Tripster 2010-05-31 06:43:55
Link | Citer | R

I hope this thread is still alive when I get to work cause I need some help, too.

And I feel unconfortable asking questions to Taylor Lautner, I drool everytime I see that f... avatar.
 Hades.Tripster
By Hades.Tripster 2010-05-31 08:20:46
Link | Citer | R

Ok I'm currently COR67, and seeing all these COR threads makes me so confused >< I'll post below what I do have that's useful for Corsair, so you guys style me up plz - TP, QD, WS sets. Just pretend this is one of that TV shows which the guy sees the wardrobe of the ppl and help them put a look together.
Mind you I have absolutely no intentions of being an uber-COR. I'm just looking to be a decent one. Don't wanna be like RDM, which I have to carry around 5 pieces of body, 4 heads, 3 legs and so on. My jobs so far are WHM, THF and RDM.

What I do have:
WEAPONS
- Joyeuse
- Fire Staff
- Light Staff
- HQ Ice, Thunder, Earth, Dark, Wind staves
- Reaver Grip
- Quicksilver
- Coffinmaker

HAT
- Optical Hat
- AF1 Hat
- Walahra Turban

BODY
-Pahluwan Kazhagand
-AF1 Body
- Denali Jacket

NECK
- PCC
- Breeze Gorget

HANDS
- Wyrmal Hands (Have the abj... was hoping for Gil to grow on trees so I would get Blood, but I don’t see that hapening. Will be Crimson)
- Denali Wristbands
- Dusk Gloves

LEGS
- Denali Legs

FEET
- Cor Bottes
- Dusk Ledelsens

BACK
- Amemet +1

RING
- Rajas
- Ulthalam’s
- Iota (could get – have 80k points to spend in Einherjar)

WAIST
- Swift Belt
- Buccaneer Belt (will get – have 80k points to spend in Einherjar)

EARRING
- Suppanomimi
- Brutal’s
- Altdorf’s & Wilhelm’s
- Moldavite
- Drone Earring

- Have materials to upgarde AF1 to AF1+1, but don’t know which one to start.
- Have about 1 million to spend on COR once it dings 75.
- Also, have MKdE hat and ACP body rewards I never retreived.

Guess that’s it. Hope someone takes up this challange ; ;
 Ifrit.Thunderlips
Serveur: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Thunderlips 2010-05-31 09:48:52
Link | Citer | R

I will say I have to disagree with a few of the QD sets posted. I will post a few of my COR sets so you can see what I use.

*Mirke is QD Delay- MAB+

This is what I use for QD

My earring has +2 M.Acc on it. As you notice I have chosen M.Acc in slots over AGI if possible; and from parses I have done I am happier with the results on M.Acc > AGI. Oh and my Obis are used on the corresponding days, otherwise scouter's rope is used if I don't have the Obi. BTW there is no need to have another neck for QD other than Uggy as it should awlays proc due to Rune Bangles.

This is my Ranged TP set

Pretty standard stuff but get yourself some sea access to make af+1. Also biggest thing is if you don't have the OAT gun, I would suggest sticking with the Martial Gun for the TP bonus over the STR+ R.ATK+ moogle gun that was suggested earlier. Also when you get Raja's it goes in most of your sets. Feel free to use better r.acc rings, I don't use behe anymore as I need to conserve space.

Slug set

I prefer the R.Acc off the Af1+1 body over the Denali Body but that's just me. Denali would give you more damage on your slugs.

Detonator set

More STR here, I would use a Rajas ring in place of my R.Acc ring however I don't have Rajas.

Leaden Salute

Only use this in dynamis when I can come COR/RDM and be in the BLM party. Gives some really nice damage ws, and if you want to be extra budget you can just use Bronze Bullets. Here you want to stack AGI as that will bump up your damage unlike in a QD set. I could get HQ agi rings but for the cost of adding the +2 more AGI, damage would go up by less than 20 overall.
 Siren.Ihm
VIP
user: Ihm
By Siren.Ihm 2010-05-31 12:20:37
Link | Citer | R

All this talk of 75 COR gear makes me want to finish leveling COR really badly xD.

So, I'm getting from this topic, I need a Martial Gun... lol.
 Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-05-31 12:37:20
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Ihm said:
All this talk of 75 COR gear makes me want to finish leveling COR really badly xD.

for Slug shot definitely...for LS you need death penalty I think...and QD you need Corsair's Gun +1? Am I right about this? If so...I need to get a fkn death penalty ><
 Siren.Ihm
VIP
user: Ihm
By Siren.Ihm 2010-05-31 12:46:19
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Dubont said:
Siren.Ihm said:

for Slug shot definitely...for LS you need death penalty I think...and QD you need Corsair's Gun 1? Am I right about this? If so...I need to get a fkn death penalty ><

I have the Nyzul weapon in my mog house ready for unlocking LS, and I have a Corsair's Gun with +2 DMG on it for my QD.
 Siren.Clinpachi
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-05-31 12:46:25
Link | Citer | R

Gilgamesh.Mytoy said:
Nupe

Leaden Salute is just the mythic ws. You can quest it without getting the mythic weapon.

Unlocking a Myth (Corsair)
"Talk to Zalsuhm (located inside Muckvix's Junk Shop) with your Quicksilver from Nyzul Isle equipped for a cutscene. "

you do need the quicksilver to start the quest ; ;