Yet Another Cor Gear Advice Thread =)

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » Yet another Cor gear advice thread =)
Yet another Cor gear advice thread =)
 Leviathan.Dubont
Serveur: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-05-31 20:54:37
Link | Citer | R

Gilgamesh.Mytoy said:
I forgot a few things...

Some earring sets worth mentioning:

Helenus's Earring Cassandra's Earring

These are better than moldy drone if you don't have a novio. Novio Moldy is still the best though.

and

Wilhelm's Earring Altdorf's Earring

I'm not sure if the latter earring set beats two str 2 earrings or not, actually. STR 4 vs. AGI 8 RACC 1 RATT 1...I'm leaning toward the AGI...but I'm not sure.
I see a lot of cor using the agi set earrings...so maybe they are better. They are also recommended by a gear suggestion site that I use
 Phoenix.Smileybone
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Smileybone 2010-05-31 20:59:34
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Dubont said:
Gilgamesh.Mytoy said:

I'm not sure if the latter earring set beats two str 2 earrings or not, actually. STR 4 vs. AGI 8 RACC 1 RATT 1...I'm leaning toward the AGI...but I'm not sure.
I see a lot of cor using the agi set earrings...so maybe they are better. They are also recommended by a gear suggestion site that I use

As far as SS goes I remember reading that 4 AGI = about 1 STR dmg wise so STR+4 earrings will give you the most damage but 8 AGI w/ r. acc/atk+1 will give a good balance between R.acc and dmg.
 Ifrit.Thunderlips
Serveur: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Thunderlips 2010-05-31 21:13:20
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Smileybone said:
Leviathan.Dubont said:
Gilgamesh.Mytoy said:

As far as SS goes I remember reading that 4 AGI = about 1 STR dmg wise so STR 4 earrings will give you the most damage but 8 AGI w/ r. acc/atk 1 will give a good balance between R.acc and dmg.

You will want to gear up with STR over AGI as STR will help you out in several locations in the damage calculation. Also as Smileybone pointed out it takes about 4 AGI given slug/detonator mods to equal the boost you get from 1 STR.

So as long as your acc is good, you will land much more powerful WS by gearing for STR over AGI.

Also, I forgot about the Helenus's Earring + Cass. Earring set. This would be the best setup for any cor unless you plan to rock a Novio + Moldy earring set.

Also for QD I would say that Magnatus is a very awesome gun and would be well worth getting.

As far as a normal TP gun, its either Martial or OAT Dragonmaw.

@Mytoy - The quest for DP really isn't that bad, and is much more interesting than the one you have to go through for a relic. Outside of the T4 ZNM trophies you can do the whole quest with a group of 6 people. Also DP does indeed add a bonus +20% damage to QD, and the Magian quests have given it a +5 to base damage which really helps with higher damage shots.
 Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-05-31 21:46:58
Link | Citer | R

so that would make DP the best QD gun if you had quite a bit of dmg to begin with right? On greater colibri, my Ice shot with HQ staff does about 350 and Wind shot with NQ staff on Kirin does a little over 300...so would DP add more dmg than the Mag?
 Phoenix.Smileybone
By Phoenix.Smileybone 2010-05-31 22:05:05
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Dubont said:
so that would make DP the best QD gun if you had quite a bit of dmg to begin with right? On greater colibri, my Ice shot with HQ staff does about 350 and Wind shot with NQ staff on Kirin does a little over 300...so would DP add more dmg than the Mag?

most definitely. with DP you can do some insane QD numbers.
 Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-05-31 22:09:35
Link | Citer | R

hmm...so I guess I have a new goal now that I have 2 of the main items from the game that I wanted...so..estimated total cost for DP? maybe..9mil? not counting nyzul/salvage and what not...just going off of buyable items
 Phoenix.Smileybone
By Phoenix.Smileybone 2010-05-31 22:11:23
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Dubont said:
hmm...so I guess I have a new goal now that I have 2 of the main items from the game that I wanted...so..estimated total cost for DP? maybe..9mil? not counting nyzul/salvage and what not...just going off of buyable items

its comparable to a relic weapon so it's probably closer to 100 mil, which is relatively cheap for a relic weapon but the side quests can be annoying.
 Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-05-31 22:13:56
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Smileybone said:
Leviathan.Dubont said:

its comparable to a relic weapon so it's probably closer to 100 mil, which is relatively cheap for a relic weapon but the side quests can be annoying.
I thought mythics were cheaper O.o Burtgang was around 17mil when a friend of mine got his. Also, Apoc is going for like..84mil atm BUT ANYWAY, yea I thought mythic was cheaper......*sigh*
 Gilgamesh.Tenchu
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: Tenchu4
By Gilgamesh.Tenchu 2010-05-31 22:18:20
Link | Citer | R

I like to believe that Rover's gloves are a myth, 0/30 right now >_>;
 Phoenix.Smileybone
By Phoenix.Smileybone 2010-05-31 22:18:25
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Dubont said:
Phoenix.Smileybone said:
Leviathan.Dubont said:

I thought mythics were cheaper O.o Burtgang was around 17mil when a friend of mine got his. Also, Apoc is going for like..84mil atm BUT ANYWAY, yea I thought mythic was cheaper......*sigh*

30,000 x (alexandrite price) = mythic price
 Shiva.Kasui
Serveur: Shiva
user: Krunkers
By Shiva.Kasui 2010-05-31 22:19:49
Link | Citer | R

tl;dr thread: Sub /whm

Let the drama begin.
 Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-05-31 22:25:20
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Kasui said:

Let the drama begin.
lol pay for me to server transfer and get me in ur shell, I'll never sub anything other than whm XD

So I calculated the total price...90m for alexandrite...with about 2 years worth of quest work (from ZNM, NMs, Salvage, etc) yea....I wont be here in 2 years XD
 Hades.Tripster
Serveur: Hades
user: Lisamarie
By Hades.Tripster 2010-05-31 22:25:51
Link | Citer | R

Gilgamesh.Mytoy said:
It takes 30k alexandrites, all three t4 znm items, 150k Nyzul tokens, 100k therion ichor, and acquiring 8 of the toau nm/hnm/salvage nm titles.

You forgot to mention you have to re-do all assaults after you achieve Captain rank.
 Shiva.Kasui
Serveur: Shiva
user: Krunkers
By Shiva.Kasui 2010-05-31 23:01:12
Link | Citer | R

Gilgamesh.Mytoy said:
Shiva.Kasui said:

Let the drama begin.

Level your sub job.
Shiva.Kasui said:
Let the drama begin.

I like subs that are divisible by 5.

Leviathan.Dubont said:
Shiva.Kasui said:

Let the drama begin.
lol pay for me to server transfer and get me in ur shell, I'll never sub anything other than whm XD

So I calculated the total price...90m for alexandrite...with about 2 years worth of quest work (from ZNM, NMs, Salvage, etc) yea....I wont be here in 2 years XD

lol Put an app up, we're recruting~
 Ramuh.Dasva
Serveur: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-31 23:12:22
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Smileybone said:
As far as SS goes I remember reading that 4 AGI = about 1 STR dmg wise so STR 4 earrings will give you the most damage but 8 AGI w/ r. acc/atk 1 will give a good balance between R.acc and dmg.
It's closer to 3 to 1 if your fstr2 is uncapped. But that is sidewinder this is gun.

So if your fstr2 is uncapped (which for most guns will cap at 44dstr) 1 str= .5 to base dmg and .5 to ratt. 1= .25 to base dmg and .5 to racc.

So for slugshot basically it comes down to 2 triumph will be 1 ratt more but the 8 agi set will be 5racc more.

Of course that depends on what you are fighting and gear if you hit those fstr2 caps then triumphs become shiny 1 ratt peices.

Not sure how easy it will be to get 44dstr and still hit on cor. But say on birds if you were a str merited elvaan that would mean only 37 str in gear and food. Which wouldn't be too hard to do.
 Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-06-01 02:52:44
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Kasui said:

Leviathan.Dubont said:
Shiva.Kasui said:

Let the drama begin.

lol Put an app up, we're recruting~
what about the server transfer huh? =p
 Odin.Eirwen
Serveur: Odin
user: dhkite
By Odin.Eirwen 2010-06-01 10:41:53
Link | Citer | R

Now, I may not have the highest STR of all, but my AGI looks average and my R.ACC is by far the highest of any setup I've seen when skimming this thread. I hit Slug Shot 99/100 times, partially thanks to the TP Bonus of my sword.

Slug Shot WS setup:

I should really look more into replacing some R.ACC for STR?
 Ramuh.Dasva
Serveur: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-01 10:44:18
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Eirwen said:
Now, I may not have the highest STR of all, but my AGI looks average and my R.ACC is by far the highest of any setup I've seen when skimming this thread. I hit Slug Shot 99/100 times, partially thanks to the TP Bonus of my sword.
Acc caps at 95% and that swds tp bonus only applies to swd ws.
[+]
 Valefor.Vyiren
Serveur: Valefor
user: Vyren
By Valefor.Vyiren 2010-06-01 10:54:08
Link | Citer | R

The ACP/AMK stuff is WS acc+15, str+4 and ..I wanna say r.acc/r.atk, I forget exactly I don't look at it often lol, and body is also like r.acc/r.atk +10

Not sure if that helps you, but that's my slug setup.
 Ifrit.Thunderlips
Serveur: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Thunderlips 2010-06-01 11:52:09
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Eirwen said:

Slug Shot WS setup:

I should really look more into replacing some R.ACC for STR?

There are some items you can get that will keep up your R.Acc if you don't feel comfortable trading it off for STR.

Enkidu's Mittens will be a nice replacement for AF2 hands. They have the same r.acc but +4 STR instead of +2 AGI.

Replacing your AGI ring with a Flame ring or other STR ring will help out with damage.

Finishing up CoP would be your best bet as you could get Rajas, get af1+1 hat body and feet (you add +5 STR +5 R.acc and +10 AGI), and you can get a WS gorget which would be better than your spectacles.

Also as Dasva said, the TP bonus of your sword only works on sword WS. Consider picking up a Martial Gun and you won't be sorry you did.
 Valefor.Xiga
Serveur: Valefor
user: M4k4i
By Valefor.Xiga 2010-06-05 07:38:32
Link | Citer | R

Crimson Hands or Enkidu's Mitts for Slug Shot and Detonator?
I'll soon get Salade with str +4, ws-acc +15, ranged acc. +10, ranged att. +5, so accuracy shouldn't be a big issue.

Does the 4 str. or the 10 ranged attack more for the damage outcome?