Random Politics & Religion #00

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 904 905 906 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Serveur: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-09-01 15:04:48
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
The term illegal isn't very complicated. It's tough to figure out why so many people can't seem to understand it.

Not everyone who is here illegally came here illegally. Some overstay visas, some lost status and fell through the cracks, tons were brought here as young children. Proportions are hard to nail down, but the idea that everyone here who doesn't have legal status is automatically a criminal immigrant or only focusing on the southern border when the vast majority of immigration happens through legal means by air or sea.

The assumption that our border is more porous than other countries or that it allows terrorists to get in is a leap beyond measure. Very few countries have larger amounts of borders or even comparable that are more secure and all the terrorists we've found had come here legally. It's a red herring that is meant to sound like a logical conclusion but just isn't factual.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-09-01 15:04:49
Link | Citer | R

Bloodrose said: »
we really hope for more for our children.
So, start getting busy then?
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-09-01 15:04:59
Link | Citer | R

Just don't send the bad Americans to Canada. They might start spouting off nonsense like "You can be the Prime Minister some day!" when we really hope for more for our children.

Fine. I'll amend my plans to send them to Australia instead.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-09-01 15:06:18
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Just don't send the bad Americans to Canada. They might start spouting off nonsense like "You can be the Prime Minister some day!" when we really hope for more for our children.

Naw, send them to Austria. That's where Syria and Iraq are sending their migrants!
By Bloodrose 2015-09-01 15:09:02
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Most people would rather join law enforcement, or even become teachers than become a politician.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-09-01 15:10:22
Link | Citer | R

Naw, send them to Austria. That's where Syria and Iraq are sending their migrants!

Wait, Australia and Austria aren't the same place? *mind blown*

Hmm, I don't see them on my map of all the countries (that matter):

[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-09-01 15:12:38
Link | Citer | R

Most people would rather join law enforcement, or even become teachers than become a politician.
I wouldn't blame them, who would want to become a Canadian politician?

[+]

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-09-01 15:15:33
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
SD (Sweden Democrats, basically nazis and racists (there's ample proof)) over here have had a huge rise in popularity by using the Romanian beggars and immigrant violence

It's a bit scary that they're the third largest party now when we all know they're terrible human beings
Same thing happening here with Lega Nord(far right).
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-09-01 15:16:32
Link | Citer | R

I don't know, but I'm deeply offended that this man isn't emperor of Canada.

[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-09-01 15:19:11
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Progress necessitates sacrifice!

*chainsaw revs*
*babies crying*
I love you <3
By Bloodrose 2015-09-01 15:19:20
Link | Citer | R

He can't be the Emperor of Canada: he's already supreme Kommander of Duct Tape.
[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-09-01 15:20:05
Link | Citer | R

"Remember, if the women folk don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy"
[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-09-01 15:26:16
Link | Citer | R

On topic though: There are very few perks to being a Canadian politician, at least on a career basis, but they are some pretty big perks.

But within the provincial governments, there have been all kinds of accounting scandals, most notably in Alberta when former premiere Allison Redford used taxpayer money to pay for things like a penthouse apartment to be built, 40 dollar coffees, etc. considering she ran for Premiere under the notion of changing things up from the "boys club" of politics, when she was already top dog in that regard.

Think of Allison Redford as Canada's version of Alaska's former governor, Sarah Palin, only without all the bat ***crazy.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-09-01 15:27:55
Link | Citer | R

Think of Allison Redford as Canada's version of Alaska's former governor, Sarah Palin, only without all the bat ***crazy.
That's....kindof impossible to imagine.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-09-01 15:28:14
Link | Citer | R

*** it, too many pages to backread since I left earlier *skips 5 pages*
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-09-01 15:29:35
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Here's a tl:dr version of the last 5 pages.

"Nou!"
[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-09-01 15:30:37
Link | Citer | R

Here's a tl:dr version of the last 905 pages.

"Nou!"
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-09-01 15:32:04
Link | Citer | R

Here's a tl:dr version of the last 905 pages.

"Nou!"
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-09-01 15:39:10
Link | Citer | R

Here's a tl:dr version of the entire website.

"Nou!"
 Siren.Mosin
Serveur: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2015-09-01 17:05:43
Link | Citer | R

scintillating....
 Valefor.Endoq
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-09-01 17:35:31
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Mosin said: »
scintillating....
Valefor.Endoq said: »
"Nou!"
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-09-01 18:36:52
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Jassik said: »
The term illegal isn't very complicated. It's tough to figure out why so many people can't seem to understand it.

Not everyone who is here illegally came here illegally. Some overstay visas, some lost status and fell through the cracks, tons were brought here as young children. Proportions are hard to nail down, but the idea that everyone here who doesn't have legal status is automatically a criminal immigrant or only focusing on the southern border when the vast majority of immigration happens through legal means by air or sea.

The assumption that our border is more porous than other countries or that it allows terrorists to get in is a leap beyond measure. Very few countries have larger amounts of borders or even comparable that are more secure and all the terrorists we've found had come here legally. It's a red herring that is meant to sound like a logical conclusion but just isn't factual.

So if you come here and overstay a visa, you aren't an illegal immigrant? Illegal is Illegal is Illegal.

Again you put forth the sweeping generalization that when people want to deport all the illegals they only want to rid the nation of Mexicans or something equally as reductive.

Bigotry at it's finest.
 Phoenix.Xantavia
Serveur: Phoenix
user: xantavia
By Phoenix.Xantavia 2015-09-01 18:42:13
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
Newest media Hilary email scandal word. "Mundane".

Well there it is folks. "Nothing to see here".

Benghazi and the IRS called. They want their fake scandals back.

Fake Scandal (n.):
1. Any scandal involving a Democrat, especially a powerful one.

Real Scandal (n.):
1. Anything someone says in private that was secretly recorded (out of context or not) and sent to TMZ.
So what you are saying is that Romneys 47% comment AND the planned parenthood video are either both scandals, or neither one are. Which is it?
VIP
By Jassik 2015-09-01 18:42:14
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Jassik said: »

So if you come here and overstay a visa, you aren't an illegal immigrant? Illegal is Illegal is Illegal.

Again you put forth the sweeping generalization that when people want to deport all the illegals they only want to rid the nation of Mexicans or something equally as reductive.

Bigotry at it's finest.

Deporting everyone is always step 2, after building a wall. How is a wall "secured border" going to have an impact on people who enter legally? Why is no wall on the northern border being proposed? In the near total lack of accurate data, why is so much certainty expressed about how many, who, and their intentions?

And, calling me a bigot doesn't strengthen your argument in the slightest, it just highlights your inability to have a civil discussion.
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-09-01 18:42:14
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Chanti said: »
King it doesn't say illegal, just immigrants.
Maybe you didn't read what I said:

The "following the law to the letter" side of me would point out that, by not following immigration laws themselves, it is a crime.

However, the "realistic" side of me would also counter with, if their "crime" is only not following immigration laws, why would it be a bother?
I did read it.

We do have legal immigrants. The vast majority of legal immagrants do follow immigration laws.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-09-01 18:43:57
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
SD (Sweden Democrats, basically nazis and racists (there's ample proof)) over here have had a huge rise in popularity by using the Romanian beggars and immigrant violence

It's a bit scary that they're the third largest party now when we all know they're terrible human beings
Same thing happening here with Lega Nord(far right).

They're just getting bigger and there's also a lot of violence between the far right and far left. We also had a murder recently where a guy killed a mother and her grown son at IKEA (with a knife from the store) because he had been denied asylum and was going to be sent back.

Likely killed them in order to get thrown in prison and eventually get citizenship. We had immigrants who went out and raped and assaulted people to get locked up (either psych ward or prison) and then get to stay. Some are deported but not all.
 Valefor.Endoq
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-09-01 18:48:30
Link | Citer | R

He can't be the Emperor of Canada: he's already supreme Kommander of Duct Tape.

The how about this guy instead?
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-09-01 18:57:34
Link | Citer | R

"Remember, if the women folk don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy"
I have been handier than many of the men in my life. Most of the women too. (In my life = circles of friends.)

I think that man goes through more duct tape in one show than I have in my entire life. And I once had a job installing forced air heaters* into boats. The original use for duct tape is sealing forced air duct work.

*1970ish versions of that.
First Page 2 3 ... 904 905 906 ... 1375 1376 1377