Random Politics & Religion #00

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 903 904 905 ... 1375 1376 1377
By Bloodrose 2015-09-01 14:27:35
Link | Citer | R

Illegal immigrants aren't limited to just the Mexicans, but that's the first line of thought that comes up, because they are the ones most reported on (and usually falsely accused and represented)

No one *** about the illegal Canadians coming across the border, do they!? Nah, at most they *** about Canadians not leaving a 20% tip on service that would otherwise see a restaurant close down due to shitty practices and food.

I do agree on several points, if not the whole of the message. A lot of the immigrants coming from or, more accurately, through Mexico, are only educated minutely on immigration procedures due to the corrupted nature of their governments trying to keep people from receiving anything amounting to an education - it is the best way to stay at the top in that situation.

I hear a lot of the same rhetoric that immigrants are taking away jobs from Canadians. It's hardly true. Even a lot of the bottom rung Canadians pass up entry level jobs, or dirty jobs, etc. because they feel it's beneath them for whatever reason, or the pay isn't what they want it to be. Then there are the employers who do everything they can to scale back employee overhead so they can pocket more of the profits, and end up skimping out on safety and quality (which they would get paid more for, anyways) by keeping quality employees, though to some extent this is a minority of employers in Canada.

No one is saying that the people you are describing deserve the same social rewards for rejecting another country's social rules and practices. The violent criminals trying to escape prosecution should be deported to their country of origin, with very few exceptions.

Got a violent canuck? Send him to Montreal. A stoner Canadian? British Columbia. And over-entitled ***? Ottowa.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-09-01 14:30:10
Link | Citer | R

Bloodrose said: »
Got a violent canuck? Send him to Montreal. A stoner Canadian? British Columbia. And over-entitled ***? Ottowa.
All of the above? Quebec (city).
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2015-09-01 14:32:01
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Bahamut.Baconwrap said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
You know what? They are here anyway. Keep the ones who want to work and support themselves/their families, and get rid of the real criminals among them.
More crimes are committed by native-born Americans than immigrants coming into this country, ironically.

Immigrants are Less Likely to be Criminals than the Native-Born
I would guess that's because they still believe the propaganda American dream of getting rich through hard work and self sacrifice.

We native born usually see through that in our teens or 20s.

I wouldn't say it's believing in an American dream. It's more like there's more opportunity for them here and they are willing to do whatever type of work. If you live in a small rural farm town in Mexico you pretty much work on that farm or that's it. Whereas you can come to California get a job in construction, as a maid, landscaping, restaurant, and get paid decently.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Serveur: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-09-01 14:32:29
Link | Citer | R

Most of the illegal immigration on our southern border is not from Mexico. More Guatemalans cross than Mexicans. People here have this perception that Mexico has a responsibility to help protect our side of the border, which there is no real responsibility expected on their end. You don't see us desperately trying to keep people from exiting our country, do you?
[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-09-01 14:33:13
Link | Citer | R

I've met a lot of Quebecers, and not one has ever been very violent... that's already taken care of by some of the police force... who are often overly entitled *** sent there by Ottowa.

Stoners are all over Canada though. Though Mary Jane is more of a hush-hush used in recreational privacy than out in the open junkie drug plays.

"Dude, I think my cat just spoke me"

"Nah dude, you don't have a cat, that was your shoe lace"

"Oh man, how high am I that I thought a talking shoe lace was a talking cat?"
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2015-09-01 14:34:31
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Jassik said: »
Most of the illegal immigration on our southern border is not from Mexico. More Guatemalans cross than Mexicans. People here have this perception that Mexico has a responsibility to help protect our side of the border, which there is no real responsibility expected on their end. You don't see us desperately trying to keep people from exiting our country, do you?

Yeah immigration from mexico has gone down over the past 5 years, as the economy in Mexico has got better.

Bill Clinton: Zero net migration from Mexico since 2010

Quote:
Basically between 2010 and 2014, there was no net in-migration from Mexico. That surprise you all? All we read about is the violence and the drug war. The truth is that the previous president built 140 tuition free universities. Two years ago, the Mexicans produced 113,000 engineers. We produced 120,000. They’ve had very brisk growth, and except in the narco-centers, the crime rate, the murder rate has gone down. It’s a very interesting country.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-09-01 14:35:51
Link | Citer | R

Nobody is going to treat them differently because they come from other parts of Latin America (or South America) than Mexico.

A bigot isn't going to go up to a Latin and say "Are you from Mexico? Because if you are, you are shitting up our economy and should go drown in the Rio, you wetback! Otherwise, go back to whatever country you are from!"

A bigot is going to hate on anyone they deem unworthy of existence, regardless.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-09-01 14:36:57
Link | Citer | R

Nobody is going to treat them differently because they come from other parts of Latin America (or South America) than Mexico.

A bigot isn't going to go up to a Latin and say "Are you from Mexico? Because if you are, you are shitting up our economy and should go drown in the Rio, you wetback! Otherwise, go back to whatever country you are from!"

And what obligation do we have to give bigots attention or validation?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-09-01 14:38:27
Link | Citer | R

None, and I wish we didn't give them attention or validation at all.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-09-01 14:39:50
Link | Citer | R

Yet, that's exactly what Trump is doing by painting illegal immigrants as violent criminals.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-09-01 14:41:09
Link | Citer | R

Yet, that's exactly what Trump is doing by painting illegal immigrants as violent criminals.
And that's why he will never get my vote.

Even if he does a complete 180 and starts praising immigrants, because he took this stance, it shows how much of a bigot and idiot he is.

But what do you want me to do about it? I cannot force people to stop listening to him.
By Bloodrose 2015-09-01 14:43:06
Link | Citer | R

You can whip him with your avatar picture.
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2015-09-01 14:43:25
Link | Citer | R

YouTube Video Placeholder

They're known for stealing $1000 in play money! I consider that a violent crime!

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-09-01 14:45:09
Link | Citer | R

What happened to yours?

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By Bloodrose 2015-09-01 14:46:36
Link | Citer | R

I use it strictly for whipping you when I feel the need.

Or the energy.

It's sacred.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-09-01 14:47:49
Link | Citer | R

That's like saying that all bankers are corrupt, or all business people are evil, heartless ***, or that all employers are out to screw over their employees/staff

While there are certainly exceptions, what you've stated here is the rule and the "bigger and more successful" they are, the more likely it is to be true.

It's not so much evil and malicious as much as "heartlessly pragmatic." Once you grow beyond a point where you have to look your employees in the eye on a daily basis, they become expendable numbers whose lives don't matter, and you're not longer hurting another person if you take something away from them.

But I digress, you're using a criticizing a current statement I've made on one topic and you're taking the opportunity to also take a dig at something you know full well I've expressed in the past and that, when worded as I've worded it above, is completely true.

You just see it as justifiable whereas I don't see the point in being successful if you have to *** other people over to do it.
By fonewear 2015-09-01 14:48:32
Link | Citer | R

Anna Ruthven said: »
Not really reading in-depth here, but in skimming lately, I've seen illegal immigrants brought up several times.

I work in construction; I work with concrete and I hear "the Mexicans are killing us" on a daily basis and, for the most part, you hear quite a bit of racist banter from construction workers. As Jassik said, the reality is that these workers want to support their families or at least better their own lives in the case of them being single. The Mexicans aren't "killing" construction workers, construction workers are killing construction workers. Illegal immigrants take so much ***for....working. Someone has to employ them for them to do this work, blame the employers before you blame the guys who are trying to better their lives or their families lives.

Yea someone does have to employ them Mexico/wherever they come from !
By Ramyrez 2015-09-01 14:49:31
Link | Citer | R

I actually have an assortment of people in my linkshell that are varying backgrounds of Hispanic/latino/etc.

It's a pretty common running joke that they joke that they're all Mexican because no one knows the difference.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-09-01 14:51:41
Link | Citer | R

Illegal immigrants aren't limited to just the Mexicans, but that's the first line of thought that comes up, because they are the ones most reported on (and usually falsely accused and represented)

No one *** about the illegal Canadians coming across the border, do they!? Nah, at most they *** about Canadians not leaving a 20% tip on service that would otherwise see a restaurant close down due to shitty practices and food.

I do agree on several points, if not the whole of the message. A lot of the immigrants coming from or, more accurately, through Mexico, are only educated minutely on immigration procedures due to the corrupted nature of their governments trying to keep people from receiving anything amounting to an education - it is the best way to stay at the top in that situation.

I hear a lot of the same rhetoric that immigrants are taking away jobs from Canadians. It's hardly true. Even a lot of the bottom rung Canadians pass up entry level jobs, or dirty jobs, etc. because they feel it's beneath them for whatever reason, or the pay isn't what they want it to be. Then there are the employers who do everything they can to scale back employee overhead so they can pocket more of the profits, and end up skimping out on safety and quality (which they would get paid more for, anyways) by keeping quality employees, though to some extent this is a minority of employers in Canada.

No one is saying that the people you are describing deserve the same social rewards for rejecting another country's social rules and practices. The violent criminals trying to escape prosecution should be deported to their country of origin, with very few exceptions.

Careful, you're revealing your bigotry when you assume everyone who want to deports illegals only want to deport Mexicans.

The term illegal isn't very complicated. It's tough to figure out why so many people can't seem to understand it.
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-09-01 14:57:16
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
My stance is that we should heavily enforce the borders and make an easier path to citizenship. Is that too unusual?
Here here!

Maybe even work with foreign governments to help with citizenship issues such as crime records and tax compliance.

You know, make those who are honest people citizens....
So five people will become citizens?

NEW REALITY SHOW!
As I know that what you said is sarcastic...

I would imagine that nearly all illegal immigrants, their most heinous crime in their lives is...not following immigration procedures.

You know what? They are here anyway. Keep the ones who want to work and support themselves/their families, and get rid of the real criminals among them.

Mexicans are among the nicest and hardest working group of people one could ever meet, in my opinion. Most Mexicans I have met in my lifetime are those who I would trust to do their job and live by society's standards.

But like every group out there, there are a few who wouldn't (as they, like everyone else, are human), so why give them the same social rewards when they reject following social rules?

Well said. I lived in Arizona for a while. I learned Spanish there. I got to know quite a few illegals. A lot of them are amazing, humble people who just came here seeking a better life. And, conversely, a number of them are jerkwads who spend all of their money on booze and parties when they have families in Mexico depending on them. If I had my way, I'd deport all of the bad ones, let the good ones stay here... and then depart all of the bad American citizens too so that there's more room for the rest of us. Win win.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-09-01 14:58:21
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
What happened to yours?

Something about a still beating heart.

I should keep statistics on what percentage of your posts actually make sense.
[+]
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2015-09-01 14:58:24
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Careful, you're revealing your bigotry when you assume everyone who want to deports illegals only want to deport Mexicans.

Well most people who want to deport all illegals assume 1) everyone comes from Mexico, 2) Mexico is the only country in Latin-America, or 3) They know so little geography that Mexico is the only country that comes to mind in Latin-America.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-09-01 14:59:53
Link | Citer | R

I think we should require illegal immigrants to join the Army. Make them fight ISIS !
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-09-01 15:00:08
Link | Citer | R

Funny enough, my mother has Reagan's amnesty act for getting her immigration status sorted out.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-09-01 15:00:20
Link | Citer | R

THANK GOD FOR REAGAN.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-09-01 15:00:38
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Baconwrap said: »
Ragnarok.Nausi said: »

Well most people who want to deport all illegals assume 1) everyone comes from Mexico, 2) Mexico is the only country in Latin-America, or 3) They know so little geography that Mexico is the only country that comes to mind in Latin-America.

Mexico's a country? I thought Mexico was a continent! *mind blown*
[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-09-01 15:02:39
Link | Citer | R

My stance is that we should heavily enforce the borders and make an easier path to citizenship. Is that too unusual?
Here here!

Maybe even work with foreign governments to help with citizenship issues such as crime records and tax compliance.

You know, make those who are honest people citizens....
So five people will become citizens?

NEW REALITY SHOW!
As I know that what you said is sarcastic...

I would imagine that nearly all illegal immigrants, their most heinous crime in their lives is...not following immigration procedures.

Mexicans are among the nicest and hardest working group of people one could ever meet, in my opinion. Most Mexicans I have met in my lifetime are those who I would trust to do their job and live by society's standards.

But like every group out there, there are a few who wouldn't (as they, like everyone else, are human), so why give them the same social rewards when they reject following social rules?

Well said. I lived in Arizona for a while. I learned Spanish there. I got to know quite a few illegals. A lot of them are amazing, humble people who just came here seeking a better life. And, conversely, a number of them are jerkwads who spend all of their money on booze and parties when they have families in Mexico depending on them. If I had my way, I'd deport all of the bad ones, let the good ones stay here... and then depart all of the bad American citizens too so that there's more room for the rest of us. Win win.
Just don't send the bad Americans to Canada. They might start spouting off nonsense like "You can be the Prime Minister some day!" when we really hope for more for our children.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-09-01 15:03:09
Link | Citer | R

Ramyrez said: »
While there are certainly exceptions, what you've stated here is the rule and the "bigger and more successful" they are, the more likely it is to be true.
No, you only hear about those who fit in your so-called "rule"

Ramyrez said: »
It's not so much evil and malicious as much as "heartlessly pragmatic." Once you grow beyond a point where you have to look your employees in the eye on a daily basis, they become expendable numbers whose lives don't matter, and you're not longer hurting another person if you take something away from them.
I'm sorry that your union representative brainwashed you into thinking this way you don't see it for what it really is, but the reality is that employers of all shapes and sizes want to keep their employees happy and employed, mostly because it costs so much to replace them and keep the same production numbers needed to maintain business.
First Page 2 3 ... 903 904 905 ... 1375 1376 1377