Random Politics & Religion #00

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 1376 1377
 Asura.Failaras
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2016-03-28 17:34:39
Link | Citer | R

Bloodrose said: »
Should hide your money in Canada. We'll uh... Keep it safe in beer stocks.
It's genius. Canadians are too polite to rob each other and the rest of the world doesn't care enough about the country to try to rob them. Safest place to stash money in the world!
[+]
By Enuyasha 2016-03-28 17:36:21
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
They make them all the time.

I think they recently made it clear which countries they want to attack

UK
Germany
France
Belgium
Italy

The big cities in those countries, though they also said the UK would be the most difficult target

Meanwhile, Monaco, Lichtenstein and Luxembourg are under the radar. Probably because few know those places even exist.
Im going to hell...for laughing at people in countries that dont exist...

Or is that like, a forgivable sin because technically i didnt hurt anyone?
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-03-28 17:36:28
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Have you even read his budget? Not some interpretation you would find on HuffPost or Snopes (and before you jump on this, yes, I used Snopes on purpose), but his actual budget he issued.

Better yet, can you understand it. Do you have the knowledge it takes to comprehend what is written on that link I posted?
2013???

My eyes glazed over before I made it through the boilerplate.

No, I haven't read a national budget, why would you wish that on anyone who isn't an accountant?

I did read several analyses of the budget. Which compared what was cut and where spending was increased. From several sources.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-03-28 18:27:11
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Gunfire at the US capital today. I haven't seen any names released yet, this leads me to suspect that the good of religion of peace is involved.

Yep, Larry Dawson, white 67 year old man from Tennessee shouting he is a Prophet of God.

He did not shout that today, you are incorrect.
[+]
By Enuyasha 2016-03-28 18:39:02
Link | Citer | R

Gunfire at the US capital today. I haven't seen any names released yet, this leads me to suspect that the good of religion of peace is involved.

Yep, Larry Dawson, white 67 year old man from Tennessee shouting he is a Prophet of God.

And unless he converted very recently, totes not a Muslim.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-03-28 19:17:26
Link | Citer | R

Enuyasha said: »

And unless he converted very recently, totes not a Muslim.
Stopped clock.... twice a day, etc.

Is there any evidence that this shooting was religiously motivated?
 Shiva.Viciousss
Serveur: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-03-28 19:28:58
Link | Citer | R

Is there any evidence that this shooting was religiously motivated?

I don't know nausi, is there any evidence to back up your suspicions?
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-03-28 19:40:44
Link | Citer | R

I don't know nausi, is there any evidence to back up your suspicions?
(Yawn)
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-03-29 00:02:57
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
ISIS has far-reaching plans to attack Jewish schools and kindergartens in Turkey according to Sky News, citing security sources.

- It can happen within 24 hours or the next few days, said a source to the TV channel.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-03-29 01:50:49
Link | Citer | R

Plane going from Alexandria to Cairo was hijacked and made an emergency landing in Cyprus and is suspected to have a bomb on board.

Unclear who the hijacker(s) is or what he wants
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-03-29 10:01:54
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Have you even read his budget? Not some interpretation you would find on HuffPost or Snopes (and before you jump on this, yes, I used Snopes on purpose), but his actual budget he issued.

Better yet, can you understand it. Do you have the knowledge it takes to comprehend what is written on that link I posted?
2013???

My eyes glazed over before I made it through the boilerplate.

No, I haven't read a national budget, why would you wish that on anyone who isn't an accountant?

I did read several analyses of the budget. Which compared what was cut and where spending was increased. From several sources.
That's the last time he wrote a budget himself. And it still applies today. So consider it the most recent draft.

But the point is, you do not have the knowledge and expertise to understand a national budget. You even admitted that accountants are the best people to understand it.

But yet, you are arguing with me, an accountant, over a budget draft, using what reporters and editors, who are not accountants, say about the budget. Don't you find that a little strange?
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-03-29 10:05:04
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
Plane going from Alexandria to Cairo was hijacked and made an emergency landing in Cyprus and is suspected to have a bomb on board.

Unclear who the hijacker(s) is or what he wants
Hijacker arrested, passengers freed, plane still intact

Also, fake suicide belt.

Another lapse in security. Didn't Kara just come here saying that passengers are under strict security guidelines the other day?

I wonder if that's only to US or everywhere. And if it's only to the US, why not everywhere?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-03-29 10:10:24
Link | Citer | R

Obama calls on journalists to hold candidates accountable

Quote:
President Barack Obama on Tuesday again bemoaned the political environment surrounding this year's presidential elections and called on journalists to hold candidates and themselves to a higher standard.

Obama spoke at the presentation of the Toner Prize, named for Robin Toner, the first woman to be national political correspondent for The New York Times. During her nearly 25 years there, Toner covered five presidential campaigns. She passed away in 2008.

Obama said the No. 1 question he gets when traveling the world is "What is happening in America?" He said it's because people abroad understand America is the place where you "can't afford completely crazy politics," and they care about the most powerful nation on earth functioning effectively.

"We are all invested in making this system work. We are all responsible for its success, and it's not just for the United States that this matters, it matters for the planet," Obama said.

Obama called on media networks and producers to give reporters room to follow their instincts and dig deeper. He said Toner proved that just because something is substantive, doesn't mean it lacks interest.

"A job well done is about more than just handing someone a microphone. It's to probe and to question and to dig deeper and to demand more," Obama said. "The electorate would be better served if that happened. It would be better served if billions of dollars in free media came with serious accountability, especially when politicians issue unworkable plans or make promises they cannot keep."

Obama says he understands there are pressures "to feed the beast" with more gossipy, softer stories, but that leads to consumers failing to understand the world as well as they should, which has consequences for the country.

Sure, keep candidates accountable. Not him, however. Even when he was a candidate, he wasn't kept accountable by the press, they just let everything pass.

Who cares about reporting truth and fact when you have an agenda to push?
[+]
By Bloodrose 2016-03-29 10:37:56
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Bloodrose said: »
Beer stocks.

Maple trees are only productive all year round in the spring.

And Moose stocks... well, some people have problems with moose knuckles, never mind stocks.
Fixed.

Among the many things I have done in my life was collecting maple sap and boiling it down to syrup. I was 12 and 13, the boiling pan was wood fired and a relic of the 19th century. The syrup was dark and smokey and probably had a weeks worth of iron in it. It was yummy.
Our maple trees are actually harvested all year round. We have hybrid trees that can stand the cold, and our peak harvesting season is in late winter, to very early spring.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2016-03-29 10:40:00
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
President Barack Obama on Tuesday again bemoaned the political environment surrounding this year's presidential elections and called on journalists to hold candidates and themselves to a higher standard.

Obama spoke at the presentation of the Toner Prize, named for Robin Toner, the first woman to be national political correspondent for The New York Times. During her nearly 25 years there, Toner covered five presidential campaigns. She passed away in 2008.

Obama said the No. 1 question he gets when traveling the world is "What is happening in America?" He said it's because people abroad understand America is the place where you "can't afford completely crazy politics," and they care about the most powerful nation on earth functioning effectively.

"We are all invested in making this system work. We are all responsible for its success, and it's not just for the United States that this matters, it matters for the planet," Obama said.

Obama called on media networks and producers to give reporters room to follow their instincts and dig deeper. He said Toner proved that just because something is substantive, doesn't mean it lacks interest.

"A job well done is about more than just handing someone a microphone. It's to probe and to question and to dig deeper and to demand more," Obama said. "The electorate would be better served if that happened. It would be better served if billions of dollars in free media came with serious accountability, especially when politicians issue unworkable plans or make promises they cannot keep."

Obama says he understands there are pressures "to feed the beast" with more gossipy, softer stories, but that leads to consumers failing to understand the world as well as they should, which has consequences for the country.

Sure, keep candidates accountable. Not him, however. Even when he was a candidate, he wasn't kept accountable by the press, they just let everything pass.

Is he still President? I forgot.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-03-29 10:41:55
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Amandarius said: »

Quote:

He's the placeholder until November. Hopefully we will get a real leader by then.
 Shiva.Nikolce
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-03-29 10:53:25
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Amandarius said: »

he never was!

/waves hands mystically

Illuminati! <smokebomb>

or freemasons I always get those mixed up... or the Ancient Mystic Society of No Homers...
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-03-29 10:57:12
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
the Ancient Mystic Society of No Homers...
It's really the Ancient Society of Mystic Hammers.

Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-03-29 11:02:05
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-03-29 11:09:10
Link | Citer | R

wtf!!? did foney get banned again?

where's my simpsons back up!
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-03-29 11:36:11
Link | Citer | R

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-03-29 12:15:14
Link | Citer | R

ahhh there we go...

wait a minute...foney is seha's sock account!?

/mindblown x47,000,000
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-03-29 12:37:17
Link | Citer | R

*aims ban cannon* Farewell, RP&R.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 1376 1377