I Am Finally Done..

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Bahamut » I am finally done..
I am finally done..
First Page 2
 Bahamut.Zorander
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-04-15 14:48:15
Link | Citer | R

Yup people are gunna think this is another "I quit" thread but alas it is not!!

I have finally done it..it took me forever but I have finally reach my goal to be 100% merited! Hp/Mp, Weaps, Magic, Attributes, Other, Drk, Whm, Rdm, War, Sam and Blm are all finished..FREAKIN FINALLY!

I know a vast majority of ppl here won't care but I do dammit..I know ppl with laugh at this or flame this but oh well, say what you will but dammit it feels good to say I am done with merits..(except what I plan to tweek!, well that and drg is 70)

6 jobs 100% complete 589 Merits not including the 60ish I've dropped along the way!

Thanks everyone~
[+]
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2010-04-15 14:50:36
Link | Citer | R

Good job!
[+]
 Sylph.Bouncingflea
Serveur: Sylph
user: Roiclem
By Sylph.Bouncingflea 2010-04-15 14:50:50
Link | Citer | R

That's a hell of a lot of work man, Congratz.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zephyran
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Zephyran
By Ragnarok.Zephyran 2010-04-15 14:51:13
Link | Citer | R

And then the June update hits... Dun dun DUUUN!!!

Grats.
[+]
 Odin.Liela
Serveur: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2010-04-15 14:54:07
Link | Citer | R

Congrats! I'm nowhere near as merited as I need to be. My rng is semi-retired, I only pull it out when my ls absolutely needs it, so I don't worry that it's merits aren't finished. My blm only has a couple ice and lightning upgrades and a couple elemental magic upgrades, I need to max all three of those out. I'm happy with only burst II and freeze II as far as AM2, but maybe I'll upgrade the rest someday just to have them in case I need them. My thf has maxed triple attack, but only one feint, one assassin's charge, and one aura steal. I want more of those, for sure! Then my war, which isn't 75 yet, I need to save up some merits for when I ding 75 there. I'll want max double attack, tomohawk, warrior's charge, and savagery, I think. And I think I will take away from archery merits to spend on great axe and maybe katana, since I want to level sam next. I still have a loooong way to go! Finishing merits is a big accomplishment, especially if you need to merit more than one job.
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-04-15 18:01:58
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Zephyran said:
And then the June update hits... Dun dun DUUUN!!! Grats.
Ehh my goal was to be finished with Cat1/2 before the june update hits so I can focus 100% on the new categories when they come out. just gotta rush drg and get it underway before june..
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2010-04-15 18:08:22
Link | Citer | R

Congratulations! That's alot of Colibri there. -.-
 Valefor.Eirinne
Serveur: Valefor
user: Eirinne
By Valefor.Eirinne 2010-04-15 18:14:52
Link | Citer | R

grats, thats a lot of hard work. good for you ^^
 Ragnarok.Lagunabel
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: juro
By Ragnarok.Lagunabel 2010-04-15 18:32:48
Link | Citer | R

quite a few confused choices , grats regardless
[+]
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-04-15 18:36:28
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Lagunabel said:
maybe..explain for me tho..im always curious to see what I can fix.
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2010-04-15 18:47:43
Link | Citer | R

In my opinion you should take the merits out of Ikishoten and put them into Blade Bash as you're goal is not too miss during TP anyway and Blade Bash can & does save lives. Having 5/5 Blade Bash is what I chose, but I can understand having 1/5 into Shikikoyo as I never stop hearing DD's QQ about me not giving them TP.

Shiva.Flionheart
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-15 19:12:57
Link | Citer | R

My friend has 5/5 Shikikoyo and I find that incredibly helpful.

Especially when you're waiting before an event and people don't have /sam.
 Phoenix.Jovant
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Jovant
By Phoenix.Jovant 2010-04-15 19:16:06
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Zorander said:
Ragnarok.Lagunabel said:

also as for me i play rdm/blm/sam... the group 2 merits are alittle off.
-rdm-
well first your bio3 wont out last ur bio2... so you'll more then likely stick to bio2 for things like frogs in salvage (if u do salvage) (i did 5/5 bio3, which is 150 mins, 30sec more then bio2)
phalanx II is total situational which i unlocked for the 2mins and just incase someone needed it. went 1/5 on that. (u did 2/5, not sure why, the extra 30sec isnt worth it in my option)
didnt ugrade paralyze at all buecause i felt first version would have the same effect as II.
i did however upgrade slow II i did 4/5 on that just for the magic acc booost to land more and the added slow effect is bounes... the proc rate is random with paralyze so to me slow > paralyze and the slow effect always takes effect when landad
-blm-
really no issuse here if u wanted to get all the am2 spells but many of them u will never use and does roughly same amount of damage as Am1 lol just lower MP cost, for me i did the 2 biggest spells i would use constantly Burst & FreezeII 5/5 i basiclly linked it up with mty group 1 merits... having a magic att bounes of +10 using thunder or ice magic and paired it with +25 magic acc so i would almost get to full damage cap with spells with little resist. the added magic burst percentage isnt bad either when u get orginazed.
-sam-
overwhelm 5/5 given
and i did 5/5 Shikikoyo making it a 5min cool down... doing events i tend to have the TP and other DD's are waiting in the wings as well so giving them Tp to have so they can do there thing and get ***done faster is a + in my eyes
Blade bash i didnt even touch.. i figured if i really wanted to stun something i have Hobaku for that >.>; (hobaku + soboro= mini stun lock lol) and im a sam so tp gaining isnt really hard lol
now as for Ikishoten its very instersting i didnt put any merits into this trait but if i EVER get lucky enough and come across Nanatsusaya GK i will put 5/5 into this...

again. your group 1 merits were on the money but the group 2 was just alittle werid to me. for these 3 jobs i dont play war/drk or whm so idk about thos

Edit: OOOO, but Congrats! anyway getting that many merits is a total acomplishment for anyone.
 Phoenix.Darkovercast
By Phoenix.Darkovercast 2010-04-15 19:16:52
Link | Citer | R

You have killed many a Tocan-Sam's offsprings, very much deserved congrats man. Must of taken-for-freaking-ever I just hope you didn't do it in a row, lol.
[+]
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-04-16 10:55:39
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Jovant said:
Bahamut.Zorander said:
Ragnarok.Lagunabel said:
also as for me i play rdm/blm/sam... the group 2 merits are alittle off.
-rdm- well first your bio3 wont out last ur bio2... so you'll more then likely stick to bio2 for things like frogs in salvage (if u do salvage) (i did 5/5 bio3, which is 150 mins, 30sec more then bio2) phalanx II is total situational which i unlocked for the 2mins and just incase someone needed it. went 1/5 on that. (u did 2/5, not sure why, the extra 30sec isnt worth it in my option) didnt ugrade paralyze at all buecause i felt first version would have the same effect as II. i did however upgrade slow II i did 4/5 on that just for the magic acc booost to land more and the added slow effect is bounes... the proc rate is random with paralyze so to me slow > paralyze and the slow effect always takes effect when landad
-blm- really no issuse here if u wanted to get all the am2 spells but many of them u will never use and does roughly same amount of damage as Am1 lol just lower MP cost, for me i did the 2 biggest spells i would use constantly Burst & FreezeII 5/5 i basiclly linked it up with mty group 1 merits... having a magic att bounes of 10 using thunder or ice magic and paired it with 25 magic acc so i would almost get to full damage cap with spells with little resist. the added magic burst percentage isnt bad either when u get orginazed.
-sam- overwhelm 5/5 given and i did 5/5 Shikikoyo making it a 5min cool down... doing events i tend to have the TP and other DD's are waiting in the wings as well so giving them Tp to have so they can do there thing and get ***done faster is a in my eyes Blade bash i didnt even touch.. i figured if i really wanted to stun something i have Hobaku for that >.>; (hobaku soboro= mini stun lock lol) and im a sam so tp gaining isnt really hard lol now as for Ikishoten its very instersting i didnt put any merits into this trait but if i EVER get lucky enough and come across Nanatsusaya GK i will put 5/5 into this... again. your group 1 merits were on the money but the group 2 was just alittle werid to me. for these 3 jobs i dont play war/drk or whm so idk about thos Edit: OOOO, but Congrats! anyway getting that many merits is a total acomplishment for anyone.
RDM: Was the main job I was talking about "tweeking" I don't really use rdm much anymore so I have no idea what I would change. Phanlanx2 2/5 is basically pointless(didn't know this was true til much later..) and bio3 is fairly pointless as well with 2/5. I don't even really know maybe a Dia3 for later merits or Nyzul/Einherjar but haven't decided yet.

BLM: I was not planning on changing anything in group 2 I know in 98% of the time on Blm Freeze2/Burtst2 will suffice but I liked the option of getting all Am2's.

SAM: The reason I did Ikishoten is because I didn't realize how nice Blade Bash can be. I use to Merit on Sam alot so Ikishoten is nice when you miss and Zanshin helps out. Personally I would never do Shik 5/5 since I never really have a need to give TP out. Yes yes I know you are gunna say "what about event why not give TP to ppl??"..previous ls's keep me on whm rdm and blm most of the time lol.

Sidenote: I have been without a main ls for months now so a lot of these merits are just for me..but yes rdm will be changed sooner or later.
 Phoenix.Jovant
user: Jovant
By Phoenix.Jovant 2010-04-16 14:46:26
Link | Citer | R

"as long as it fits your play style", ultimately thats what counts... if your comfortable with the merits and decisions you made its a win for you. your play style may be different from mine or another persons play style or u may lean towards a particular event more then me or other people which will lead u to do different merits, but in the end u can only ask yourself one question:
"does this work for me?"
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
Serveur: Fenrir
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2010-04-16 15:10:57
Link | Citer | R

congrats

now finish mine for me ('.')b
@ 586/721 (for the way i want to merit remaining jobs)

and then i have THF up to 73 that i havent counted yet ; ;
 Pandemonium.Despain
Serveur: Pandemonium
user: Parhelia
By Pandemonium.Despain 2010-04-16 17:07:57
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:

Rofl.
 Titan.Marzbarz
Serveur: Titan
user: MarzBarz
By Titan.Marzbarz 2010-04-16 17:08:57
Link | Citer | R

Congrats!!
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-16 17:20:53
Link | Citer | R

Pandemonium.Despain said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

Rofl.

No argument so you say ROFL.

Congratulations.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-16 20:47:54
Link | Citer | R

If a sam ever finds themself with an excess amount of TP after a fight then it is useful to be able to provide to excess to a DD who doesn't have a very fast TP gain.

Seeing as a good sam should be WSing at 100% TP onry any excess between fights will be more useful to another DD.

I think the Sam WSing should be the highest priority, but when you have spare TP then it's better spent giving it to other DD's than tacking on a smaller amount of Damage to a WS.

Also Skill chains.

Blade bash isn't necessarily bad, but I can see far more use from shiki
 Bahamut.Xslayrx
user: Xslayrx
By Bahamut.Xslayrx 2010-04-19 07:41:31
Link | Citer | R

zoolander shouldn't you have waiting till after drg dinged 75 and got fully merited to post this? :P congrats bro
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-04-19 13:22:30
Link | Citer | R

No I shoud not have waited..if I had waited the I wouldn't have been @ cap. My goal was to get my current 75's fully merited(which I did!) Drg will be next and I am looking forward to it..but I will most likely lvl something new again once drg is 75, just don't know what it will be.

Bahamut.Paragonx
user: paragonx
By Bahamut.Paragonx 2010-04-20 21:35:50
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Zorander said:
No I shoud not have waited..if I had waited the I wouldn't have been @ cap. My goal was to get my current 75's fully merited(which I did!) Drg will be next and I am looking forward to it..but I will most likely lvl something new again once drg is 75, just don't know what it will be.

lol baby zorander growing all strong now ^^ i remember when he was a noob lol. he use to be whm only lol.
 Cerberus.Savannah
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Savannah
By Cerberus.Savannah 2010-04-21 09:45:48
Link | Citer | R

Congrats on finishing your merits!

I wish I wasn't so lazy with them....lol
 Valefor.Argettio
Serveur: Valefor
user: Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-04-21 09:52:46
Link | Citer | R

Bio III is pretty much only used for DoT fights (mostly solo), you are never going to want it for the attack down effect.

Dia III is pretty hot if you can get it over 3/5 (so it has a half decent duration), but worth at least 1/5 for zergs/einherjar/merit/salvage/nyzul or anything that dies in less than a min. If I ever cancelled my Phalanx merits they would go here.

Para II is nice, but very random, some say it is great, some say para I is better. Personally I have it at 1/5 just so I can cast over other RDMs who don’t know what a MND build is.

Slow II is sexy, 5/5 with a decent build you are getting close to 40%! about 10% slower than Slow I. It make shadow tanking a piece of cake, great for anything you fight.

Blind II – LOL, some claim it’s a good hate spell for RDM tanking, but that’s about it

Phalanx II, this is very situational, the only situation it shines is salvage on the lower floors. It needs to be 3/5+ to be effective. Unless you do salvage as a RDM then its not worth it.

Hope that helps.

Also any more than 3 AMII is a little bit of a waste but its not really a problem.
First Page 2