Byakko Merc Kill?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Bismarck » Byakko merc kill?
Byakko merc kill?
First Page 2 3
 Bismarck.Stephano
Serveur: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Stephano
By Bismarck.Stephano 2010-03-27 16:15:07
Link | Citer | R

I have finally gotten enough money to purchase a Byakko pop set.

I am looking for a group which will kill Byakko for me and have free lot over all items except one. Byakko's Haidate is the only item I want from this.

Please respond here or in game if you and your LS can do this tonight or tomorrow.
 Bismarck.Rinako
user: Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-03-27 16:24:50
Link | Citer | R

Gl with that
[+]
 Kujata.Segaia
Serveur: Kujata
user: Segaia
By Kujata.Segaia 2010-03-27 16:30:05
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Stephano said:
I have finally gotten enough money to purchase a Byakko pop set.

Sounds like you put a lot effort in farming gil for that. Tbh... buy the drop... not the pop items... that at least ensures you you GET the item.

What if your group fails? What if it doesnt drop? nonetheless... if you already bought them a last advice: quartermaster. I know a lot of r/e stuff will drop that ppl want - if you do it with friends thats ok, but if you do it with ppl you dont know better be safe than sorry.

Sky events are rare theese days (depending on server - thats my impression atm) but that doesnt mean a lot of ppl dont want that haidate, then again most ppl will only come on their own when you let them loot the other stuff...
[+]
 Bismarck.Stephano
By Bismarck.Stephano 2010-03-27 16:37:47
Link | Citer | R

The straight up drop is like 4 mil though ><
 Bismarck.Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-03-27 16:51:39
Link | Citer | R

Some groups charge pop set plus gil tho.. so even if you have a pop set that's not gonna mean you're not gonna have to pay anything for the pants itself. Some people charge 5M still even if you have the pop set.
 Bismarck.Stephano
By Bismarck.Stephano 2010-03-27 16:53:49
Link | Citer | R

Ah, nvm.

Well when I asked my LS leader for help with the kill, they simply replied to just wait it out and get from LS for simply attending events. I guess I'll have to be patient and save the gil for something else.
[+]
 Fenrir.Dannie
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Dannie
By Fenrir.Dannie 2010-03-27 16:54:56
Link | Citer | R

4-6M to get drop? over 1-??M to hope it drops. i seen people buy 8 pop sets just for it not to drop at all on my server that pop set is 800k-1M
[+]
 Bismarck.Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-03-27 16:55:39
Link | Citer | R

That sucks, but it's a nice chunk of change you can save tbh if you just wait it out. Unless your ls breaks.. or something HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE like that lol
 Bismarck.Inferno
user: Inferno23
By Bismarck.Inferno 2010-03-29 13:19:48
Link | Citer | R

loled. O_o
 Bismarck.Stephano
By Bismarck.Stephano 2010-04-04 01:53:04
Link | Citer | R

That was such an informative and well-thought-out contribution! lol
 Seraph.Touvan
Serveur: Seraph
user: Touvan
By Seraph.Touvan 2010-04-04 01:56:44
Link | Citer | R

I got my byakko's haidate from pickup group on farmed/purchased pop set, if you have enough friends with the right jobs that can play them well it's doable.
 Bismarck.Stephano
By Bismarck.Stephano 2010-04-04 01:58:05
Link | Citer | R

Well apparently there's only 1-2 people ahead of me for haidate in LS, but... now the problem is we never do sky
By Kanjirou 2010-04-04 02:08:42
Link | Citer | R

I'd encourage your LS leader to do sky more regularly. If you can see the progress being made, it makes waiting for it more bearable. I'm like 3rd or 4th in line for mine, but my LS does Sky every few days, and it's a good group which actually shows up, farms well, and isn't going to split up anytime soon -- plus I'm on good terms with everyone and attend the events, so I know that if I just hang in there, I'm basically guaranteed to get everything I need sooner or later. And you'll really appreciate it when you have it, plus that cash can go for something else.

If the LS leader just doesn't like Sky anymore, maybe you can get the other people who need it to help you change his/her mind.

If that still doesn't work, I'd find a good Sky LS and start going with them.

TL;DR version: Save your money, wait it out. It'll be worth it.
 Valefor.Mithano
Serveur: Valefor
user: mithano
By Valefor.Mithano 2010-04-04 03:53:56
Link | Citer | R

Kanjirou said:
I'd encourage your LS leader to do sky more regularly

This, and, see if you can find others that want it too (won't be hard!) For my group, we've had great success lately doing bigger kitty runs, like 5 pops all in a row.

Also, since they changed the ??? to repop in just 3 minutes, not 15, sky runs are a lot faster and more productive than they used to be! It makes it easier to get tons of runs done all at once that way.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
Serveur: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2010-04-04 06:47:55
Link | Citer | R

What I would suggest. If your going to try and get the pants with just the pop set, you need to hit up a shell that is already at byakko.

The biggest issue for most shells is actually getting people to w/e it is that you want something merc'd. With the new repop timers on the ??? if you were at byakko's island already waiting and a LS was already there, you might have a good chance to get them to just pop one more.

The chance for a little bit of gil for them, may be worth just killing another while they are there.
 Bismarck.Fabiano
user: fabiano
By Bismarck.Fabiano 2010-04-18 06:42:42
Link | Citer | R

join a sky ls . wait a bit and in the end you will have more then the haidate.
 Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra 2010-04-18 07:07:37
Link | Citer | R

If you know two good tanks, two good healers (at least one of which is RDM), and two BRD/BLM I heard that he was actually quite capable of being low manned. Something like:

PLD/NIN
PLD/NIN
SAM/THF
BRD/BLM (rotating)
RDM/WHM
WHM/SCH

TH4/NIN
BRD/BLM (rotating)
RNG/NIN (emergency shadowbind)

Don't quote me on that, that's just what I've heard
 Bismarck.Stephano
By Bismarck.Stephano 2010-04-25 01:01:49
Link | Citer | R

I'm tired of waiting for this item, and I just bought the pop set.

If any Linkshells can kill this for me and freelot everything but Byakko's Haidate, let me know.

/tell Stephano in game or PM me here. Or just reply to the thread.

Who cares if it's a waste of money, if it doesn't drop I can quit the game and it'll be over with.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Serveur: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-04-25 01:10:09
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Stephano said:

If any Linkshells can kill this for me and freelot everything but Byakko's Haidate, let me know.

Who cares if it's a waste of money, if it doesn't drop I can quit the game and it'll be over with.

If you can't find a group to do it for you, could maybe get a group of friends together and let them lot everything else\sell all the other drops and split the gil? 6-8 people and you're good to go!
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-04-25 01:12:27
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Stephano said:

if you manage to get a haidate for the price of the popset it will be far from a waste of money
 Bismarck.Stephano
By Bismarck.Stephano 2010-04-25 01:14:49
Link | Citer | R

I really don't have any friends... I'm not just saying that.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-04-25 01:19:33
Link | Citer | R

Midgardsormr.Frobeus said:
What I would suggest. If your going to try and get the pants with just the pop set, you need to hit up a shell that is already at byakko.

The biggest issue for most shells is actually getting people to w/e it is that you want something merc'd. With the new repop timers on the ??? if you were at byakko's island already waiting and a LS was already there, you might have a good chance to get them to just pop one more.

The chance for a little bit of gil for them, may be worth just killing another while they are there.

this seems like the best idea, of course you run a high risk of getting your pants ganked

still, depending on how fast you make gil, it might be a better idea than waiting and hoping
 Bismarck.Stephano
By Bismarck.Stephano 2010-04-25 01:21:41
Link | Citer | R

Well, if that happens I'm going to report it to a GM.

As long as the chat log shows a mutual agreement the GM can punish the player / fix the problem.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-04-25 01:23:14
Link | Citer | R

well, there you go then

i wish i thought of that, i'd have gotten mine quite a bit quicker probably
 Asura.Ericka
Serveur: Asura
user: foxxie
By Asura.Ericka 2010-04-25 01:29:44
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Stephano said:

If you have 2 ppl you talk to on a regular basics and that you know wont ninja your items, you can have them as pt/ally ldr. when you say pass item, ppl that don't pass can get kicked from pt. sounds kinda wrong but it prevents last second lotting and you have 2 ppl watching your back.

also make sure they have Kitty pants lol :P

Good luck to you ^^
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-04-25 01:31:12
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ericka said:
Bismarck.Stephano said:

If you have 2 ppl you talk to on a regular basics and that you know wont ninja your items, you can have them as pt/ally ldr. when you say pass item, ppl that don't pass can get kicked from pt. sounds kinda wrong but it prevents last second lotting and you have 2 ppl watching your back.

Good luck to you ^^

i don't think an ls that you proposition on the spot, or a merc ls for that matter, is going to be big on the idea of someone they don't know and their 2 friends taking lead party spots
 Bismarck.Stephano
By Bismarck.Stephano 2010-04-25 01:39:32
Link | Citer | R

I have thought about making a shout group but every time I've done that it has failed catastrophically, resulting in 2 pissed off poppers. (They weren't me. I just participated.)

I'm really tempted to do it, but I'm not good at setting up things like these...
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-04-25 01:41:42
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Stephano said:
I have thought about making a shout group but every time I've done that it has failed catastrophically, resulting in 2 pissed off poppers. (They weren't me. I just participated.)

I'm really tempted to do it, but I'm not good at setting up things like these...

i think waiting for an ls @ byakko would give you a much, much, higher chance of getting your pants than a random shout group
 Asura.Ericka
Serveur: Asura
user: foxxie
By Asura.Ericka 2010-04-25 01:44:12
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Asura.Ericka said:
Bismarck.Stephano said:

Good luck to you ^^

i don't think an ls that you proposition on the spot, or a merc ls for that matter, is going to be big on the idea of someone they don't know and their 2 friends taking lead party spots

no this is if she/he decides to shout for ppl. On lolAsura, we do PuG a lot. and normally you get 2 good ppl you know well enough to be pt ldr. so you'll be ok with your items w/o someone ninja lotting.
First Page 2 3