Byakko Merc Kill?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Bismarck » Byakko merc kill?
Byakko merc kill?
 Asura.Ericka
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: foxxie
By Asura.Ericka 2010-04-25 01:48:01
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Stephano said:
I have thought about making a shout group but every time I've done that it has failed catastrophically, resulting in 2 pissed off poppers. (They weren't me. I just participated.)

I'm really tempted to do it, but I'm not good at setting up things like these...

Ppl are HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE when it comes to other ppls pop items. just make sure the whm or rdm paralyna the 2 plds. get some sam/thfs to sata the tanks, a brd or 2 and a few RDMs
and a th4 thf and you should be ok. only worry tbh is the tanks skills and the whms skills.
 Leviathan.Phenomena
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Gawdless
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2010-04-25 01:50:48
Link | Citer | R

yeah just camp the island with "i gots pop now gimme pants! D:" in ur bazaar and it will get u pants faster...or atleast a shot at pants

EDIT: also a friend told me that 6 rdm/sch can 2hour drain the kitty to death...just a thought. also if u dont like that idea get a rng and a pld with that and have rng toss wind at kitty while pld invincibles and have rdms rape him
 Bismarck.Stephano
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Stephano
By Bismarck.Stephano 2010-04-25 02:30:16
Link | Citer | R

Well, I'm sitting on Byakko's island now. I'm wondering if I should logout for the night until tomorrow when it's time for a NA LS to show up here, so no one PK's me... It was hard enough getting here alone.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-25 02:38:58
Link | Citer | R

Why did you not just join a sky shell? not got the patience to wait?
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-04-25 02:40:57
Link | Citer | R

at least for me, getting them merced was a lot faster than a sky shell

i did join one to get them, but it broke a few months in
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-25 02:42:24
Link | Citer | R

I do understand that I guess, At one point I was looking at mercing my haidate, but then I realised how expensive it was paying a shell and still not a 100% chance of getting it.

not worth it imo.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-04-25 02:45:49
Link | Citer | R

eh, i can accrue gil a lot faster than ls points

for someone who can't make gil quickly i can see why a shell would be a good idea, but in 2010 i don't think there are many reliable sky shells left, at least on my server

also taking 19 credit hours which is not leaving me with the free time for a shell

in any case i'd wait to see what gear the cap increase brings before spending gil on an item you can't sell back

i know i will cry if there are some lvl 79 6% haste pants up on the ah for 100k
 Asura.Ericka
Serveur: Asura
user: foxxie
By Asura.Ericka 2010-04-25 02:52:39
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Why did you not just join a sky shell? not got the patience to wait?

as much *** kissing that goes on in sky lses he/she is better off trying to get them with a PUG or merc ls. ppl are so greedy for kitty pants its unreal. its not even about patience, ppl aren't fair at all when it comes to drops and he/she could be waiting till ff14 and beyond before even getting them.

if you got the gil to spend i say buy your pop and try with a pug or a merc ls. could even sell some of the items from the pop to make a little gil back.

Bahamut.Serj
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2010-04-25 02:59:34
Link | Citer | R

Not to show off, but I had B. Haidate before I has destroyers on mnk. I joined a new ls and worked hard for about 2 months and got my haidate.

... one of the few times hard work will pay off?

........ I hope not.
 Shiva.Xet
user: Xet
By Shiva.Xet 2010-04-25 02:59:40
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra said:
If you know two good tanks, two good healers (at least one of which is RDM), and two BRD/BLM I heard that he was actually quite capable of being low manned. Something like:

PLD/NIN
PLD/NIN
SAM/THF
BRD/BLM (rotating)
RDM/WHM
WHM/SCH

TH4/NIN
BRD/BLM (rotating)
RNG/NIN (emergency shadowbind)

Don't quote me on that, that's just what I've heard

^this Bards don't even need to rotate. If the people are good he isn't that hard. I did it like this, slightly different but same low man, wasn't for me and tbh if i had the gil and that was it i'd buy too lol.

Also im sure you can find some more band wagon sam/thf if you wanna speed it up make it safer.
 Bismarck.Stephano
By Bismarck.Stephano 2010-04-25 03:00:12
Link | Citer | R

As much as I'd love to try a sky shell, I'm afraid it's just not even really worth it... Every shell I've ever been in that does sky has either screwed me over, refused to even pop Byakko, or given an indefinite date for when I have "earned lotting rights", where I wait 2 months and still don't have said "lotting rights" (on anything) and am fed up with it.
 Shiva.Xet
By Shiva.Xet 2010-04-25 03:03:23
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Stephano said:
As much as I'd love to try a sky shell, I'm afraid it's just not even really worth it... Every shell I've ever been in that does sky has either screwed me over, refused to even pop Byakko, or given an indefinite date for when I have "earned lotting rights", where I wait 2 months and still don't have said "lotting rights" (on anything) and am fed up with it.

Find a better shell. Apply to one you know does sky and ask people you know in the shell.

I had the above issue with a sky drop, eventually i got it though. Then i creamed myself.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-04-25 03:05:53
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Xet said:
Bismarck.Stephano said:

Find a better shell. Apply to one you know does sky and ask people you know in the shell.

I had the above issue with a sky drop, eventually i got it though. Then i creamed myself.

i wanted them so i bought them

no eventually about it
 Bismarck.Stephano
By Bismarck.Stephano 2010-04-25 03:06:55
Link | Citer | R

I would have to sell every non-ex piece of gear I own to afford them straight up, a lot of my good stuff is ex...
 Shiva.Xet
By Shiva.Xet 2010-04-25 03:12:21
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
i wanted them so i bought them

no eventually about it

lol'd

Bismarck.Stephano said:
I would have to sell every non-ex piece of gear I own to afford them straight up, a lot of my good stuff is ex...

I know how you feel but if you dont wanna farm webs for a mate to turn into cloth or farm scrolls to sell or w/e it is you crazy kids do nowadays then either you and your mates will have to pop or you will have to join a shell. Some shells will let you @1 a piece if you got the pop set. Just dont leave right after....Or do depends how much you don't give a crap.
 Seraph.Rafik
Serveur: Seraph
user: dascorp
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-04-25 03:15:32
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Stephano said:

Ask the muffingirl for a sky ls, if they still do it. Not a lot of people needed kitty pants when I stopped playing in that ls. Not sure about now.
 Bismarck.Helixx
user: Helixx
By Bismarck.Helixx 2010-04-25 03:15:42
Link | Citer | R

Some stuff takes ages to drop, but patience is rewarded in ffxi.
 Shiva.Xet
By Shiva.Xet 2010-04-25 03:19:38
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Helixx said:
Some stuff takes ages to drop, but patience is rewarded in ffxi.

usually by someone mpking you so close to success or some other lame-*** BS.
 Seraph.Rafik
Serveur: Seraph
user: dascorp
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-04-25 03:25:06
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Stephano said:
I have thought about making a shout group but every time I've done that it has failed catastrophically, resulting in 2 pissed off poppers. (They weren't me. I just participated.)

I'm really tempted to do it, but I'm not good at setting up things like these...

Dont do a shout group. Pusspuss did a Kirin shout group. Needless to say they wiped. It went unclaimed we killed and invited them back for the drops only to get bitched at by some of them lol

oh the good memories
 Bismarck.Stephano
By Bismarck.Stephano 2010-04-26 01:11:13
Link | Citer | R

Ok... so the person that was supposed to get his LS to help me tonight pussed out.

I'm taking matters into my own hands now...

I'm setting up a group tomorrow morning/afternoon to kill Byakko. Everything will be freelot except for Byakko's Haidate.

Just a forewarning, those who do not pass within 2 minutes of its drop, will be promptly kicked from the alliance. Ninja lotting will not be tolerated.

Anyways, I have about 3-4 people so far, including two PLD's and a RDM.

If anyone is interested, please look out for /shouts in Whitegate tomorrow around noon-2pm Central US time, we will most likely low-man the god just for the sake of avoiding the stress/incompetence of a full alliance.

Also consider sending a /tell to either Stephano or Lordcanti.

PS - Only accepting honest, skilled / experienced players for this, not taking anyone for a Kindergarten class in sky...
By Threedaysgrace52 2010-04-26 05:10:19
Link | Citer | R

Yup, your best bet is to merc it. I joined a sky LS and after three months and next in line for the Haidate, our LS disbanded due to low numbers. We even tried recruiting with great incentives to no avail. It was a very good LS just people come and go all the time. I just racked up points in sky lol. After that, I was determined to get it by mercing. I saved up 5M which took me about a solid month and finally got it from an LS. As with the previous threads careful of ninja lotting.
 Bismarck.Evolex
user: Evolex
By Bismarck.Evolex 2010-04-26 11:36:46
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Stephano said:
I'm setting up a group tomorrow morning/afternoon to kill Byakko. Everything will be freelot except for Byakko's Haidate. Just a forewarning, those who do not pass within 2 minutes of its drop, will be promptly kicked from the alliance. Ninja lotting will not be tolerated.

Lol 2 min, you're less paranoid than I was when i /sh for my pants.

I gave everyone 30 secs to pass or they'd be booted and not allowed to lot at all. That threat worked fairly well.
 Bismarck.Stephano
By Bismarck.Stephano 2010-04-26 11:37:31
Link | Citer | R

I just began shouting in Whitegate for a group.

If you're interested in free lot on:

* Seal of Byakko
* Zephyr
* Beetle Blood
* Behemoth Hide
* Damascus Ingot
* Divine Log
* Oxblood
* Malboro Fiber
* Byakko's Axe
* Aquarian Abjuration: Head
* Dryadic Abjuration: Legs
* Earthen Abjuration: Feet
* Neptunal Abjuration: Hands

Please /tell me in game.
 Bismarck.Stephano
By Bismarck.Stephano 2010-04-26 13:11:33
Link | Citer | R

We're at 7 people now, we still need the following:

Stunners, healers, refresh/haste, and a bard.

We have:
PLD/NINx3 (one of which may become SAM/THF)
SAM/THFx2
DRK/THFx1
RDM/DRK
 Bismarck.Stephano
By Bismarck.Stephano 2010-04-26 15:17:44
Link | Citer | R

Well, the group went well and we killed 2 Byakko's with no troubles.

Too bad it didn't drop for me, but did for Rainbird.

I leave myself with 2 options now.

*Move to Lakshmi where my friend will help me get one.

*Buy another pop, try again, fail again, and quit the game altogether.

Which sounds better?
 Bismarck.Altar
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2010-04-26 15:38:51
Link | Citer | R

* level rdm, solo the pops, try again without spending gil
* join a decent linkshell that will kill Byakko for you when you have a pop.

I would say either of those two work much better.
 Bahamut.Satanas
user: Satanas
By Bahamut.Satanas 2010-04-26 15:40:06
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Stephano said:

Which sounds better?

You could ask friends to help you farm for pop instead, maybe have 2 pops for yourself instead of 1.
 Bahamut.Ukiyasan
user: Ukiyasan
By Bahamut.Ukiyasan 2010-04-26 15:46:15
Link | Citer | R

I was gonna say, if you can get a RDM friend or 2, you can easily farm the pops yourself. Thats what I did for a friend's Byakko. Then I kinda did what you did to kill it. The only thing I would do differently, is I would make it where the person who pops it gets 1 item guaranteed and the rest is freelot, thats what my group did. You still will get quite a draw, and it allows the pop person to get some type of reward for their set instead of going home empty handed.

Edit: If you get 1 RDM friend, kill Despot once, sell the Gem, kill 2nd time, sell the Gem, kill 3rd time and keep Gem. Then the gil from the 2 Gems you sold should be enough to buy the Stone.
 Bismarck.Azagthothe
user: Azagthoth
By Bismarck.Azagthothe 2010-04-27 03:37:03
Link | Citer | R

If you end up getting another popset I'd be willing to assist you with the fight if it's on one of my days off (Thur/Fri/Sat).
By Airick 2010-05-06 19:55:35
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Stephano said:

Which sounds better?

Well if you're interested in hopping servers, my EGLS Inquisition are maxed on Haidates, you'd be next in line...

http://www.Inquisitionls.wordpress.com

just a thought, we're only mainly recruiting to beat Odins Chamber