First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 9 10 11
 Fairy.Spence
Serveur: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2010-03-01 15:42:28
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Kerfuffle said:
LOL woooo I get to be a tester. Now I get to decide early if it will be worth leaving ffxi for....

If you quit, gimme your stuff >.>
Be a buddyroo
[+]
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-03-01 16:02:51
Link | Citer | R

Seraph.Sklana said:
What I was trying to say is, the few people i talked to looks like they have to change there name after the merge, and it might be SE way of saying sorry that you do, BUT we will give you access to FFXIV! of course it could just be a coincidence.

Still don't get it. You're saying that you think SE gave out beta tests as a consolation prize to ppl who has to change their name thanks to server merging?

My server isn't merging with any other server and I got accepted to beta.
[+]
 Unicorn.Fosgate
Serveur: Unicorn
user: Fosgate
By Unicorn.Fosgate 2010-03-01 17:16:57
Link | Citer | R

Developers wanted an EASY way to target a large audience. Ding ding SE account holders.

Developers want to make sure that many types of computers with different specs can run this game at the same time with equal in game response. Ding ding lets ask the SE accounts what kind of PC's they use.

PS3's are all the same exact specs. No point in testing out more than a few of those just yet. If we have one, we just duplicated the entire PS3 audience.

SE account holder. PC specs. Pick and chose, randomize the rest. Target audience achieved.

Seriously shame on anyone who QQ's because they have been playing since Jesus was alive and they are "loyal". They just want an audience to test based on specs and filling in the rest to create an audience. They dont care how long you've played. It's business. Get over it.

But one thing im suprised nobody has suggested is that they MIGHT have compared some SE id's to players who have a bad account history. It would be bad business to let in players that have multiple GM calls against them or are flagged for possible RMT.
[+]
By Alaik 2010-03-01 17:22:53
Link | Citer | R

This^

I had wondered that also, as a friend and I have been playing for as long as NAs have been capable of playing, though he's been jailed once. Not exactly a large sample but so far I have yet to see someone who's been a chronic *** get an invite.. If so, SE will get a notch of respect from me. Man, I wish they'd get the beta site up, discussions over it would be nice but now I'm paranoid about losing the Alpha-Tester status by saying too much.

Forums SE! Forums! Get them running!
[+]
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-03-01 17:45:15
Link | Citer | R

I doubt they would let someone who got suspended at anytime to join the beta test.

and lol @ someone beeing butthurt for not getting the invite downrating every post in this thread =P
[+]
 Ramuh.Thunderz
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2010-03-01 17:50:02
Link | Citer | R

aw snaps didnt get one =/ lemme check my bros hotmail, hehehehe
[+]
 Unicorn.Fosgate
Serveur: Unicorn
user: Fosgate
By Unicorn.Fosgate 2010-03-01 18:02:30
Link | Citer | R

Oh ya regarding the non disclosure agreement. They have that in place because what they dont want to see happen is someone from a media type entity like lets say G4TV or IGN reporting features of the alpha.

They dont want anybody making any money off of the alpha/beta due to their "exclusive rights" during the closed period.

Honestly, think of this in the real world. Do you think there is an employee of SE who's SPECIFIC task for the day/week/month is to go into FFXIAH forums or BG forums and remove player names from the allowed list that said "I got picked!!" ? Thats the same thing as a conspiracy theory. It's plain insanity.
[+]
 Ramuh.Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2010-03-01 18:04:57
Link | Citer | R

Well lets say you post a vid

and that vid gets popular and pops on youtube

well then the possibility of you getting busted is kinda you know...

just cover your tracks and you shouldn't get caught

photoshop gogo
[+]
 Hades.Amnesia
Serveur: Hades
user: Wishkah
By Hades.Amnesia 2010-03-01 18:33:51
Link | Citer | R

I got invite for windows version too, even though I requested PS3!

Luckily I play on PC but it's XP, unsure if that OS is possible.
[+]
 Ramuh.Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2010-03-01 18:34:49
Link | Citer | R

apparently I needed to repost my application, how gay
[+]
 Fenrir.Shambo
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Shambo
By Fenrir.Shambo 2010-03-01 18:43:47
Link | Citer | R

tell us if its good
[+]
 Fairy.Chrisstreb
Serveur: Fairy
By Fairy.Chrisstreb 2010-03-01 19:35:27
Link | Citer | R

can't sadly, we're not allowed to talk about it =/
[+]
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-03-01 19:46:42
Link | Citer | R

First rule of FFXIV beta: You don't talk about FFXIV beta!
[+]
 Ramuh.Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2010-03-01 19:49:06
Link | Citer | R

thats why you log in as a annon user and talk about it, duh.
[+]
By zanno 2010-03-01 19:51:34
Link | Citer | R

oh, you mean like this?
[+]
 Ramuh.Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2010-03-01 19:52:40
Link | Citer | R

you kept the same name and gif....

your doing it wrong
[+]
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-03-01 19:54:36
Link | Citer | R

but but, they cant see which server! it just says 'Zanno', can be any zanno on any server anywhere, who happens to have stole my avvy D:
[+]
 Ramuh.Haseyo
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-03-01 19:55:12
Link | Citer | R

Keep making new accounts, post info, get banned. Rinse and repeat!
[+]
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-03-01 19:56:08
Link | Citer | R

I dont think they'll allow you to make a new account on beta server if you manage to get banned there lol, and tbh I'd rather not try.
[+]
 Ramuh.Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2010-03-01 19:56:52
Link | Citer | R

conveniently posted below another Zanno, with the same gif

a long the lines of what I stated

Even SE could put that puzzle together

Hell even Bush could

xD
[+]
 Bahamut.Emelyne
Serveur: Bahamut
user: emelyne
By Bahamut.Emelyne 2010-03-01 20:14:47
Link | Citer | R

Maybee its stupid but do they try fusion server on ffxi to get server test for ffXIV ? well anyway i got a ticket for test FFXIV
[+]
 Bahamut.Ceviilla
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ceviilla
By Bahamut.Ceviilla 2010-03-01 20:16:49
Link | Citer | R

Yay another Bahamutian!
[+]
 Phoenix.Jovant
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Jovant
By Phoenix.Jovant 2010-03-01 20:47:15
Link | Citer | R

Hades.Amnesia said:
I got invite for windows version too, even though I requested PS3! Luckily I play on PC but it's XP, unsure if that OS is possible.

lol so im not the only one lmao... it must have been SE fault then because i know damn well i choose PS3 beta not windows. dont think u can pick both but even if u could i would imagine that would void the application

o and im basicly anon due to the fact that "jovant" was my old charcters name lol i dont play on pheniox anymore hell im not even the same race lol. IP trace? doubt seeing im using my jobs computer lol and havent even brought a computer yet to download 14
14 vids for All! j/k lol
[+]
 Ramuh.Haseyo
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-03-01 20:51:18
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Zanno said:
I dont think they'll allow you to make a new account on beta server if you manage to get banned there lol, and tbh I'd rather not try.

I mean on forum sites, lol.
[+]
 Hades.Pyrexia
user: Pyrexia
By Hades.Pyrexia 2010-03-01 21:53:56
Link | Citer | R

I received my email this morning, accepted as an Alpha tester all the way through all the stages of the Beta testing. Sad news, I just went Mac. Looks like i'll have to see if Bootcamp and my new MacBook Pro can handle it.

/crossing fingers

I applied for PS3 beta only... but apparently that didn't matter. I was picked for the Windows PC Alpha/Beta as well.
[+]
 Asura.Ebry
Serveur: Asura
user: Ebry
By Asura.Ebry 2010-03-01 22:00:42
Link | Citer | R

Im not sure how people are saying they picked the ps3 version when it clearly says:

The current tester recruitment is for the Windows version of the FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta Test only. Details regarding recruitment for the PlayStation 3 version will be released at a later date.

Also :

- There will be several rounds of tester selection, with the total number of participants increasing each time.

:3.. Boredom makes me read x.x
[+]
 Hades.Pyrexia
user: Pyrexia
By Hades.Pyrexia 2010-03-01 22:03:11
Link | Citer | R

My PC specs were way too low for the game, and I didn't lie about them on my application. Further down after inputting your specs you could put in which Beta test you were interested in. I did not check the Windows PC box, I only checked the PS3 box.
[+]
 Asura.Ebry
Serveur: Asura
user: Ebry
By Asura.Ebry 2010-03-01 22:04:44
Link | Citer | R

Stab SE! D:
[+]
 Siren.Talonn
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Talonn 2010-03-01 22:09:43
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ebry said:
Im not sure how people are saying they picked the ps3 version when it clearly says:

The current tester recruitment is for the Windows version of the FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta Test only. Details regarding recruitment for the PlayStation 3 version will be released at a later date.

Also :

- There will be several rounds of tester selection, with the total number of participants increasing each time.

:3.. Boredom makes me read x.x
on the application form it allowed you to pick PC or PS3 or both actually. If you picked PS3 and PC its likely you got picked for PS3 instead of PC since some people didn't state they were able to due PS3. I clearly remember this option, even though the selection was JUST for PC users/testers
^^/
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 9 10 11