FFXIV Closed Beta Invites Start Tomorrow
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11
 Asura.Ebry
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Ebry
By Asura.Ebry 2010-03-01 22:15:07
Link | Citer | R

Maybe SE isn't that bright to where they assumed everyone wanted PC when they signed up for it. D: I dunno. I was bored and trying to solve the giant mystery. Dun hate me ; ;... /runs off crying
[+]
 Siren.Talonn
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Talonn 2010-03-01 22:17:31
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ebry said:
Maybe SE isn't that bright to where they assumed everyone wanted PC when they signed up for it. D: I dunno. I was bored and trying to solve the giant mystery. Dun hate me ; ;... /runs off crying
Sorry didn't intend to come across rude or anything >< just shedding new light on your point, sorry!
[+]
 Asura.Ebry
Serveur: Asura
user: Ebry
By Asura.Ebry 2010-03-01 22:18:55
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Talonn said:
Asura.Ebry said:
Sorry didn't intend to come across rude or anything >< just shedding new light on your point, sorry!

its ok ^^; You didn't. I was just being dramatic. o.o; Now im going to slowly run off into the sunset.. even though its night.
 Siren.Talonn
By Siren.Talonn 2010-03-01 22:28:53
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ebry said:
Siren.Talonn said:
Asura.Ebry said:

its ok ^^; You didn't. I was just being dramatic. o.o; Now im going to slowly run off into the sunset.. even though its night.
lol ><
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Behar
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Behar
By Quetzalcoatl.Behar 2010-03-01 22:39:20
Link | Citer | R

So if we havn't gotten an e-mail yet is it safe to assume we didn't get selected for this phase or are e-mails still trickling in from people?
[+]
 Hades.Pyrexia
Serveur: Hades
user: Pyrexia
By Hades.Pyrexia 2010-03-01 22:39:36
Link | Citer | R

I think SE just put all of the FFXI players' applications in a hat whether they said PC or PS3 and drew numbers. Hence a bunch of us without acceptable machines were picked.

Here's hoping Bootcamp and XP work with XIV on my mac. Hopefully XIV is XP compatible, seeing as Vista was pooey and 7 just came out not long ago.

EDIT: I think everyone who was selected for this round got their email early this morning.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Behar
By Quetzalcoatl.Behar 2010-03-01 22:40:59
Link | Citer | R

Well is said SPECIFICLY that this phase was only for the pc version, if you didnt have a specific pc you shouldn't have applied, however it did ask if you wouldbe interested in a possible ps3 beta.
[+]
 Hades.Pyrexia
By Hades.Pyrexia 2010-03-01 22:46:25
Link | Citer | R

Had a PC at the time (it has since died a terrible death), put in my real specs which would have been borderline for the game, like probably terrible and unplayable borderline. I didn't lie about my PC, did NOT check the PC beta box, the form said the first round of beta tests would be PC only and that the PS3 users would be selected later. It did not say this application was PC beta only.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Behar
By Quetzalcoatl.Behar 2010-03-01 22:49:04
Link | Citer | R

@ Pyrexia I didn't mean to call you out, sorry if I worded that poorly, I was speaking in general, maybe i read it wrong which is a possibility, but i coulda sworn it was only a pc sign up.
[+]
 Hades.Pyrexia
By Hades.Pyrexia 2010-03-01 22:55:06
Link | Citer | R

Who knows what SE actually meant anyway, they word things so strangely themselves. :)
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Behar
By Quetzalcoatl.Behar 2010-03-01 22:57:49
Link | Citer | R

They really do word thing poorly, it's true.
[+]
 Fenrir.Parak
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Parak 2010-03-01 23:06:33
Link | Citer | R

Pyrexia,

I am with you all the way on the Bootcamp Mac thing. That's how I play FFXI and I just barely bought Windows 7 purely for FFXIV. It better work lol
[+]
 Siren.Talonn
By Siren.Talonn 2010-03-01 23:09:44
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Behar said:
Well is said SPECIFICLY that this phase was only for the pc version, if you didnt have a specific pc you shouldn't have applied, however it did ask if you wouldbe interested in a possible ps3 beta.
yes i believe that this is a correct statement. At least, that is what i was thinking too!
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Behar
By Quetzalcoatl.Behar 2010-03-01 23:12:46
Link | Citer | R

From the beta site front page.

"The Fine Print* The current tester recruitment is for the Windows version of the FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta Test only. Details regarding recruitment for the PlayStation 3 version will be released at a later date."
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Alexander.Garlend
Serveur: Alexander
user: Garlend
By Alexander.Garlend 2010-03-02 00:17:54
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Zanno said:
First rule of FFXIV beta: You don't talk about FFXIV beta!

EPIC!!!! If they have bazaar comments that is so mine. >:P
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Behar
By Quetzalcoatl.Behar 2010-03-02 10:31:05
Link | Citer | R

I just hope people realize this isn't even a beta build its an Alpha build, It is prolly going to very glitchy, buggy, ect. I hope people don't say this game sucks and not try the retail release because the final product for games is often VERY differant from the final game. I feel like people think Beta's are private demo's which in fact they are not. :)

Goodluck to all the lucky people who were selected, help us get a non buggy release and a better game :D.
[+]
 Odin.Kalico
Serveur: Odin
user: Panthra
By Odin.Kalico 2010-03-02 10:43:13
Link | Citer | R

I just wonder when the game will actually be released. I'm really starting to think we probably won't see it released until end of 2011 imo. Not enough info on the game and beta is just starting to see this any time in 2010 for a final retail release.
[+]
 Kujata.Erim
Serveur: Kujata
user: Erim
By Kujata.Erim 2010-03-02 10:47:58
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Kalico said:
I just wonder when the game will actually be released. I'm really starting to think we probably won't see it released until end of 2011 imo. Not enough info on the game and beta is just starting to see this any time in 2010 for a final retail release.

Betas are a final stage of development before a release candidate normally.

Right now they are in late alpha and preparing to move into beta.

Once beta begins and they start letting people play on their servers for free you can bet they're going to work faster and harder because that ***isn't free for them, it's going to cost them money to let beta players play on their server.

With beta just around the corner, a release in 2010 only looks more likely.
[+]
 Odin.Kalico
Serveur: Odin
user: Panthra
By Odin.Kalico 2010-03-02 10:56:25
Link | Citer | R

Kujata.Erim said:
Odin.Kalico said:
Betas are a final stage of development before a release candidate normally. Right now they are in late alpha and preparing to move into beta. Once beta begins and they start letting people play on their servers for free you can bet they're going to work faster and harder because that ***isn't free for them, it's going to cost them money to let beta players play on their server. With beta just around the corner, a release in 2010 only looks more likely.

Not too sure about game creation but when software is in beta form there are like 3-4 beta releases b4 a final which takes months to get to final. So if the only the 1st beta is about to start it will take many monthes to get to final and knowing se track record we probably won't see a retail till 2011.
[+]
 Hades.Slayerx
user: Slayerx
By Hades.Slayerx 2010-03-02 16:53:23
Link | Citer | R

Sure hope mine didn't go into my SPAM folder, I always delete it without looking in it.

Also, how long was the FFXI beta testing? I'm thinking they might take more time on XIV

Kujata.Segaia
user: Segaia
By Kujata.Segaia 2010-03-03 00:13:49
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Behar said:
I just hope people realize this isn't even a beta build its an Alpha build, It is prolly going to very glitchy, buggy, ect. I hope people don't say this game sucks and not try the retail release because the final product for games is often VERY differant from the final game. I feel like people think Beta's are private demo's which in fact they are not. :)

Goodluck to all the lucky people who were selected, help us get a non buggy release and a better game :D.

Yea i already see some 1337-players whining around and creating topics on every forum like "What WoW has done better" or "this game suckz and everyone who plays it suckz" without realizing this is an alpha build we first get to see or rather play.

Look at what happened when they first showed it to the public on gamescom - just the same pattern rly... Ppl should just open wiki and read what a beta or alpha candidate of a software/game actually is.

Tbh what i most fear about ffxiv is not the gameplay or setting which i "might" dislike... it is more about the 8 year old boys that somehow got the game from their parents on birthday. A lot ppl will travel over from their casual games who wont realize that ff-online games are very time consuming (yes they said ffxiv will move a bit to the casual crowd up to a certain point - i admit), but i guess this is just like with every other MMO.

Tho what I rly look forward to is to see some old friends again to party with once the open beta starts. Having fun, exploring the new world, the story and all stuff in a community again.

Pandemonium.Liquidz
Serveur: Pandemonium
user: liquidz
By Pandemonium.Liquidz 2010-03-03 00:33:05
Link | Citer | R

Kujata.Erim said:
With beta just around the corner, a release in 2010 only looks more likely.

That would surprise me so much... First quarter of 2011 would already be good news. I will be really happy if they succeed in releasing it by the end of this year but I really don't see it happening. Just a feeling brought by how the company been so far with their release dates.

Kujata.Segaia said:
Tho what I rly look forward to is to see some old friends again to party with once the open beta starts. Having fun, exploring the new world, the story and all stuff in a community again.

Me too, so many friends who left FFXI years ago are going to be back for XIV. A feeling that is long gone for me is going to be back again when we'll start exploring that new world. ^^
By Rocketpop 2010-03-03 01:50:43
Link | Citer | R

I just signed up right now, hah.

I will be awestruck if I get selected, since I think they're still sending emails out?

If not, oh well. Maybe those who haven't been picked will be chosen if they need another test.
 Phoenix.Airbag
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Airbag 2010-03-03 02:07:17
Link | Citer | R

Rocketpop said:
I just signed up right now, hah. I will be awestruck if I get selected, since I think they're still sending emails out? If not, oh well. Maybe those who haven't been picked will be chosen if they need another test.

o -o where did you sign up?
 Hades.Pyrexia
By Hades.Pyrexia 2010-03-03 10:38:49
Link | Citer | R

They will select more people for the following tests they're doing, this is just the Alpha build. They still have Beta (PC and PS3) and open Beta (for stress testing).

http://entry.ffxiv.com/

That's the official beta sign up page.
 Kujata.Akeda
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2010-03-03 12:58:06
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Tbh what i most fear about ffxiv is not the gameplay or setting which i "might" dislike... it is more about the 8 year old boys that somehow got the game from their parents on birthday.

This is why I've started to hate online games. Not just MMOs like 11/14, but in other games too. You get all these dumb little kids and teenagers who ruin the game for everyone else. Then you get all the low-life losers, who are mostly 14 yr old pussies who get beat up at school, that get off on exploiting/cheating/boting.
 Lakshmi.Scrollios
Premium
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Scroll
By Lakshmi.Scrollios 2010-03-08 15:38:55
Link | Citer | R

/wrists
 Remora.Jobe
Serveur: Remora
user: jobe
By Remora.Jobe 2010-03-09 11:44:05
Link | Citer | R

i got in :)
 Unicorn.Emirii
Serveur: Unicorn
user: Emerii1
By Unicorn.Emirii 2010-03-09 18:07:02
Link | Citer | R

Does anyone know when the beta site will open up? It states March 11th but is that at midnight japanese time (which would be the 10th in the states) or just any time they feel?

I make this theory because it also says the March 11th on the japanese version of the website also.
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11