COR Wep, Peacemaker, Coffinmaker, Martial Gun?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » COR Wep, Peacemaker, Coffinmaker, Martial Gun?
COR Wep, Peacemaker, Coffinmaker, Martial Gun?
First Page 2 3
By Izey 2010-02-22 06:26:55
Link | Citer | R

PLEASE DO NOT SAY SITUATIONAL!!!!!

I'm curious to know what all you other Cor's use and why, Why the hell do people use Peacemaker at 75 o.O? (Apart from pulling in a merit PT is it any use?)

And how do you know.... when you "Outparse" someone, apart from the obvious ways.... who the hell knows exactly what % of DMG they are doing total in a Party and how O_O!?
Don't asl me... some weirdo in my merit PT claims he was doing 33% of total PT DMG... I'm like whoa o.O
Anyway, your input will be much appreciated!
 Kujata.Argettio
Serveur: Kujata
Game: FFXI
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2010-02-22 06:30:58
Link | Citer | R

Martial Gun - pretty much full time
Corsairs Gun - QD spam
Peacemaker - Pulling ONRY.

A good cor in a party with 3 other DDs will be around 10%, and the main DDs around 30% each.

Obviously if you have 2DD, COR, BRB, BRD, RDM then they will be closer to 20%.
[+]
By Izey 2010-02-22 06:34:34
Link | Citer | R

Actually the set up was SAM WAR DRG BRD BRD RDM.
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
Serveur: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2010-02-22 06:46:43
Link | Citer | R

Parser is a windower add on that records the damage everyone is outputting in the party (including pets and summons, but NOT DoT's) and then turns them into end percentages. Doing 33% damage in a party with 3 DD's is far from impressive...it just means they were all very equal in power, or someone was outparsing him, seeing as he did almost *exactly* a third of the damage in a PT with 3 DD's.

On topic, Arg is correct. Martial Gun is boss for its TP bonus toward WS'. Peacemaker is good for pulling and if you want to *spam* WS' due to its much lower delay, and Corsairs Gun is for when you're not gonna be doing much of anything aside from buff rolls and QD damage.

Edit: Also, harder to get, but Veuglaire is about the same as a Corsair's Gun...depends on the person. It does like two less damage, but has a bunch more MACC for less resists. It's also an amazing gun for Leaden Salute spams.
 Siren.Talonn
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Talonn 2010-02-22 06:56:31
Link | Citer | R

End Game event/HNM wise

Peacemaker:
Pulling
Light Shot/Dark Shot

Corsair's Gun/+1:
Any other QD
[+]
 Kujata.Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2010-02-22 06:59:23
Link | Citer | R

Izey said:
Actually the set up was SAM WAR DRG BRD BRD RDM.

33% for a normal DD in a 3 DD party is about right. 99% of your damage will come for your melees (the 1% will be DoT).

So as Eternaltriumph said, 33% = 1/3 of the damage which means all your DDs were working around the same level.

Personally I think, unless you can get over 35% (in a 3 DD party) then you aren't 'winning' the parse as 1-2% is almost negligible.

For a 'DD-COR' in a merit party, aren't likely to get over 15-18% of the total damage unless they are miles ahead of the other DD in gear terms. But it can happen, a good COR can out parse a gimp/sub-par DD.
By Izey 2010-02-22 07:06:00
Link | Citer | R

I have never heard of PArser before, Yea Ummm I've seen something like in WoW but not for windower D=
 Kujata.Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2010-02-22 07:18:23
Link | Citer | R

Izey said:
I have never heard of PArser before, Yea Ummm I've seen something like in WoW but not for windower D=

It isn't a windower plugin.

Its a another program that uses windower as a means to 'read' the logs as they scroll in game. And it basically counts all the damage each player does, the amount of damage taken, the number of misses etc etc.

And then presents it as a table of statistics, so you can see you hit rate, your average melee and WS damage, your total damage done and various percentages to compare you with other players.

You can also measure amount of HP cured and magic damage and enfeebles landed/resisted etc so you can work out who is your 'best' mage.

Kparser is the best (imo) and one of the only ones still being developed, recently they added parsing of COR rolls and calculated average.
By Izey 2010-02-22 07:23:19
Link | Citer | R

Ohhhh very interesting stuff
 Seraph.Dreakon
Serveur: Seraph
user: Dreakon
By Seraph.Dreakon 2010-02-22 07:35:39
Link | Citer | R

I have a peacemaker for pulling, and level syncing. E. Ron_S parties, etc. It's awesome and nearly broken at those levels. For everything else I use my Coffinmaker. Corsair gun and Martial gun are arguably "better" for some situations, but it's not by a huge margin. Martial gun's only real benefit is that it gives you a 100% TP bonus which really helps your accuracy for Slugshot. Since I melee for TP with an M. Kris I usually end up firing my WS's at about 150TP anyways because I gain it so quickly, and I almost never miss a Slugshot. Corsair gun is better than Coffinmaker for Quickdraw damage because it has 1 higher base damage (2 if you spend the millions for the HQ). While you will see better numbers using it, don't expect an OMFGWTF difference between the 2, it's very small. You would see a much better damage increase from getting a Moldy earring or Ugly pendant.
[+]
By Sierran 2010-02-22 07:43:48
Link | Citer | R

I full time: Murderer + Supremacy earring

STR+6 ATT+6 RATT+6 MAB+2 and gun has RACC+8 as standard.

Why is this gun never mentioned cause I love it. ;p
[+]
 Kujata.Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2010-02-22 07:49:03
Link | Citer | R

Sierran said:

Because there is a better gun for every purpose.

Coffinmaker is the closest thing to '1 gun to rule them all' but even that is mathematically a pretty poor choice compared to the normal Martial/Corsair(+1) combo.

The most reliable testing done so far on slugwider shows something like:
100TP: -40 r.acc
200TP: 0 r.acc
300TP: +40 r.acc

So martial will allow for a FAR more aggressive WS build. And if you hold TP then you are only reducing your WS rate and therefore total damage
 Siren.Kuz
Serveur: Siren
user: RobKuz
By Siren.Kuz 2010-02-22 08:35:51
Link | Citer | R

I know ya said not to...
So I apologize in advance...
but it's gonna be situational.

It will all depend on what the COR is doing.
Different Guns for Different Types of CORing.

Peacekeeper is good for Pulling.
Martial Gun for the big WS numbers.
Corsairs Gun(+1) for QD
Etc Etc Etc
By Izey 2010-02-22 09:20:45
Link | Citer | R

Thnx anyway Kuz and evdryone else, what I mean by the first thing i said is... some people literally post "OH well it's situational... they're all for different things..."
Makes me have to go "YeAaaaaa like!!!?!???"

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Kujata.Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2010-02-22 09:44:18
Link | Citer | R

Key:
Highest damage gun available = Corsair's Gun (+1)
By Sierran 2010-02-22 10:11:09
Link | Citer | R

Kujata.Argettio said:
Sierran said:

Because there is a better gun for every purpose.

Im gutted, I was so proud when I first got my earring. Now imma have tospunk gill on a Martial if i wanna break Slug shots. ;p
 Midgardsormr.Katashuro
Serveur: Midgardsormr
user: Sephyrus
By Midgardsormr.Katashuro 2010-02-22 10:12:12
Link | Citer | R

martial gun. period.
[+]
 Bahamut.Evilswine
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Evilswine
By Bahamut.Evilswine 2010-02-22 10:34:56
Link | Citer | R

Peacemaker - Pulling and debuffs (Light and Dark Shots) because of the +AGI until i get my Veug D:

Corsair's Gun - QD aiming for DMG and i also use one for those /WHM situations because i got a MND and MP augment on it

Martial Gun - I didnt bother to buy it, i use Coffinmaker for pure DD
[+]
 Sylph.Redtailedboa
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Redtailedboa 2010-02-22 11:06:01
Link | Citer | R

If I may interject, I keep two guns on hand only. Martial Gun and Corsair's Gun. Corsair's gun is for QD only. Martial Gun is for WS purposes, obviously.

However, where I differ is my choice item for pulling in merit parties (or elsewhere, I suppose). I use a Lamiabane. I use a pair of macros; one of which equips the chakram and any gear I want to use while I am pulling, the other macro equips my gun, ammo, m.acc gear, and uses Light Shot on incoming mobs. This idea allowed me to sell off my, now pretty much useless Peacemaker, and saves a boatloat of cash and inventory space if you're even using the cheapest of bullets. When meriting then, all you're using is light cards and shihei.
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
user: Troair
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-02-22 11:30:02
Link | Citer | R

Okay so the quote button isnt working.

Coffinmaker is great if you want to stack ranged attack and str in other slots during a WS and your using a high acc ws. the acc on coffinmaker pwns. It also helps in HNMs etc when coupled with corsair bullets which on my server were getting reasonable to come by for a time.

Peacemaker: I never bought it, because that would mean I would have to pull and I always told my meripos: If you want a puller let me switch to brd. If you don't have brd and you like to pull, get this gun the delay is delicious

Someone mentioned Murderer+ Superemacy earring. Thank you. Most don't mention the gun because they are either too lazy or too far back in line to get the earring needed or they go OMG WTF I NEED A EARRING SLOT! okay really for what? Unless your rocking a sweet *** augmented earring with ranged attack and str why would you care? Anyways its hawt and most murderers go for 50k on servers.

Martial Gun: The DD cor's best gun in just about everything. You should be main handing joyuese or merc and sub handing the other. You should also have some cor relic because they help the dd cor out alot (body and legs and feet(tp only) come to mind) This gun with your steel bullets and a decent ws swap setup where you bum rush and stack as much str and agi as you can with ranged acc and attk you will see 1k+ detonators EASY no matter where you meripo not just birdys. Someone said this was good for slug shot and failed to mention that this gun INCREASES the dmg detonator puts out because of its modify dmg by tp hitch.

Corsair's gun. Best gun for QD if you dont have the murderer/supremacy earring combo. Try and augment this in valley of sorrows I've seen only 1 come out with MAB on it and thats hawt for cor incase you didn't know. I augmented mine and got vit+1 mnd+2 lol.
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-02-22 11:33:06
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Redtailedboa said:
If I may interject, I keep two guns on hand only. Martial Gun and Corsair's Gun. Corsair's gun is for QD only. Martial Gun is for WS purposes, obviously. However, where I differ is my choice item for pulling in merit parties (or elsewhere, I suppose). I use a Lamiabane. I use a pair of macros; one of which equips the chakram and any gear I want to use while I am pulling, the other macro equips my gun, ammo, m.acc gear, and uses Light Shot on incoming mobs. This idea allowed me to sell off my, now pretty much useless Peacemaker, and saves a boatloat of cash and inventory space if you're even using the cheapest of bullets. When meriting then, all you're using is light cards and shihei.

and the TP lost during this process is what? and wait you leveled corsair and your trying to be frugal?
 Ifrit.Thunderlips
Serveur: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Thunderlips 2010-02-22 11:33:16
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Redtailedboa said:
If I may interject, I keep two guns on hand only. Martial Gun and Corsair's Gun. Corsair's gun is for QD only. Martial Gun is for WS purposes, obviously.

However, where I differ is my choice item for pulling in merit parties (or elsewhere, I suppose). I use a Lamiabane. I use a pair of macros; one of which equips the chakram and any gear I want to use while I am pulling, the other macro equips my gun, ammo, m.acc gear, and uses Light Shot on incoming mobs. This idea allowed me to sell off my, now pretty much useless Peacemaker, and saves a boatloat of cash and inventory space if you're even using the cheapest of bullets. When meriting then, all you're using is light cards and shihei.

IMO just having a cor pull/sleep (aka playing brd version 2.0) is a waste of a slot in a merit pt.

@OP

Martial Gun - pretty much full time
Corsairs Gun(+1) - QD spam

I used to use a Coffinmaker for a long time, however once I bought a Martial Gun I never used my Coffinmaker again. The TP bonus is just too good to pass up.

I don't main pull in merits at all so I never bought a peacemaker, and just help pulling with my Martial Gun. Also with a decent QD build you won't need the AGI+ off the gun for your light/dark shots.

A Murderer/Supremacy combo isn't bad but you won't have as high of WS damage/accuracy compared to Martial. Murderer/Supremacy combo is pretty much a 2nd best in all categories.
 Quetzalcoatl.Mrkyuu
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Mrkyuusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Mrkyuu 2010-02-22 11:47:24
Link | Citer | R

Ok the biggest thing I'm seeing here is...

We were asked what gun we prefer the most and why...

Non situational does not mean Min/Max gear, or use in "this" circumstance (Thus, situational).

I have personally used a Martial Gun for over a year now for just about everything. At the risk of sounding hypocritical I do use other gun's for different circumstances, however, the Martial Gun outbids just about any other gun we have simply for one thing... The TP bonus to Slug Shot, directly effects it's Accuracy, meaning 100% = 200% so on and so forth... Also Detonator's Damage % is modified by Current TP.

Having a 250 skill (B) in marksmenship is hardly noticable on lesser mobs, however on IT+, or endgame bosses, it's undenyibly evident. The bonus to TP allows a Corsair who is Moderatly to Excellently geared to hit regularly on the WS. I would even go so far as to say it's more accurate on the WS then a Death Penalty since it's Aftermath only kicks in on using "Leaden Salute" which is trully situational.

It's Delay is kinda bad, I would reccomend a faster gun for pulling, and it's Base DMG is only 2 less then a Corsair's Gun, so it can be acceptably used for Quick Draw. (Btw Base DMG for Quick draw is (GunDMG+BulletDMG)*2 this is not including MATK or any other Mods, just the very base) So 2 dmg essentially = 4 more pts of dmg on the QD.

With that, that's my Two Pieces of booty, Have a wonderful time sailing the Open Seas, and Raiding the Townsfolk! :)
 Titan.Gannonman
Serveur: Titan
user: Gannonman
By Titan.Gannonman 2010-02-22 11:56:19
Link | Citer | R

Well to answer your question I can think of 2 things why someone would use Peacemaker.

1. You already mentioned, pulling nice delay.

2. Part of Leaden Salute setup if you're fighting things like Puddings/slimes/elementals etc.

Otherwise either Death Penality/Martial Gun, or if you can't afford either, either farm, or use something like a Murderer, Baskilisk (I know I spelled that wrong), Coffinmaker (broken) or Corsair's Gun.
[+]
 Hades.Kvazz
Serveur: Hades
user: kvazz
By Hades.Kvazz 2010-02-22 14:20:06
Link | Citer | R

Martial for /rng /war /drg dding.
Cor(+1) for QD spam.
Peacemaker for when you gotta /whm or /sch, or when you'r pulling.(-enm and great for light shot/dark shot)
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-02-22 19:25:57
Link | Citer | R

Basilisk works just fine if your gear is in place elsewhere and you know what your doing. Death penalty is the sex tho (drool)
By Kwontess 2010-02-22 21:55:04
Link | Citer | R

Martial gun. If you are shooting or meleeing for TP there is absolutely no question about it. If you are at 95% acc on slug with any other gun you're either lying, not wsing as frequently as you could be, or you could switch to martial and ditch some racc gear for ratt/str. Really the other guns don't compare outside of quickdraw.
 Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Dawnn
By Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn 2010-02-22 22:53:31
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Kaioshin said:

and the TP lost during this process is what? and wait you leveled corsair and your trying to be frugal?

lol frugal...

Frugal Cape
 Ifrit.Jurai
Serveur: Ifrit
user: Jurai
By Ifrit.Jurai 2010-02-22 23:08:03
Link | Citer | R

I use Martial Gun for everything.

However, I do not play in merit parties so the delay aspect for that doesn't matter. I pull in Nyzul though and have no problem with it at all.

For me, I can't justify ~2m for ~15 more dmg on QD with Corsair's Gun+1. I actually have never been in a situation where I was spamming DMG QD.
First Page 2 3