Bismarck.Maxse
Serveur: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2010-02-04 13:29:41
Link | Citer | R

quote brooken
@zanno

With full polearm merits, aces, haub +1, and black tathlum I still need to use crab sushi for birds, but I dont mind it at all its better numbers than GTK and mithkabobs and similiar price.
 Bahamut.Zorander
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-02-04 13:33:40
Link | Citer | R

Then the only real thing that would do any sort of difference would be ws in Hachiman and using Flame Ring to maintain 6 hit.

It's hard to give other advice if you can't/aren't willing to make the changes lol.
 Bahamut.Satanas
user: Satanas
By Bahamut.Satanas 2010-02-04 13:33:45
Link | Citer | R

I love this image btw ^_^, even though i miss "unforgiveable"
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-02-04 13:34:42
Link | Citer | R

ok I buy the acc with polearm.

but if i did that, i would build my SAM for birds only, which seems to be kinda stupid, because 99% of the time im actually meriting on birds im bard.

Even though I could go 8/8 on both GKT and polearm i dont want to, because even though NIN is all LOL and what not (according to most ppl), I <3 NIN and wanna keep the katana merits.

So lets try and think of this as something that is not for the sole purpose of poking birds 24/7 lol.
 Fairy.Vegetto
Serveur: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-02-04 13:36:33
Link | Citer | R

Well when you say kabobs, it implies birds. Otherwise you should be using a better food.

Your own fault imo, for specifically saying kabobs, that we assumed you were doing birds.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-02-04 13:37:17
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Also according to FFXI calculator with my current TP set I only reach 88.5 % ACC on birds.... I have no idea where to squeeze in more acc without sacrificing haste or STP
Also implies birds
 Bismarck.Maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2010-02-04 13:39:56
Link | Citer | R

Ya if you arent talking abotu birds pop a pizza and your acc woes will melt away.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-02-04 13:40:16
Link | Citer | R

yes this party was on birds, but it doesnt mean that all im ever doing is killing birds 24/7. In fact I much rather merit on mamools than birds no matter what job I'm on.

And outside meriting there is limbus and sea, polearm seems to have very little use for sam outside SE Apollyon for me.
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-02-04 13:41:47
Link | Citer | R

Hmm..you are asking for advice for ways to make you ws better/more consistant but you don't wanna do it.

If it's a 2brd or Brd/Cor pt and you are eating sushi you will most like do better damage with Pole than Merited GK anyway. You said so yourself you don't "typically" play sam, so why not gear it just for Birds? It would give you one hell of a reason to be sam more often..If you are having a problem doing 8pole merits just do 4 and find the middle ground and you will do much better damage, saving those other 4 merits for anything higher lvl you might do on sam.

Anyone else think its kinda funny Zanno is asking for advice but isn't listening to any of it? Nothing against you at all just odd to start a topic asking how to increase damage but then won't listen to the replies.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-02-04 13:43:03
Link | Citer | R

Polearm beats gkt more often than not anyways, not limited to birds. Just use pizza+1 + 5hit > 6hit gkt.

And even if that wasn't the case, you still asked a very specific question. You specifically mentioned birds and nothing else. Unless you're specify you wanted more, we can't read your mind. Ask better questions and you'll get better answers.
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
Serveur: Fenrir
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2010-02-04 13:43:41
Link | Citer | R

hmm i keep a 6hit going from

this

to this (galea:str+6/wsacc+15)

so idk why u dont swap it
6hit = 100tp
ws + 5hit = 100tp
close but it works, unless i get a zanshin or DA for a 1 tp return ws >.<

but birds is
this (5hit/17%haste)

to this

ws avg was 1221 last meripo
 Bahamut.Satanas
By Bahamut.Satanas 2010-02-04 13:44:36
Link | Citer | R

well he asked for GK help with acc/str, but than we turned on him for using gk in a colibri party lol
 Asura.Artemicion
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Artemicion 2010-02-04 13:44:49
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Vegetto said:
Polearm beats gkt more often than not anyways, not limited to birds. Just use pizza 1 5hit > 6hit gkt.

And even if that wasn't the case, you still asked a very specific question. You specifically mentioned birds and nothing else. Unless you're specify you wanted more, we can't read your mind. Ask better questions and you'll get better answers.

Ya, polearm is stronger than it looks despite the lower skill cap. At least from what i've noticed in using it. However this only applies to merit/mid level mobs. Save GTK for superhard mobs/bosses.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-02-04 13:45:16
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Satanas said:
well he asked for GK help with acc/str, but than we turned on him for using gk in a colibri party lol
Everything dealing with gk was already addressed before mentioning polearm, lol.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-02-04 13:47:18
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Zorander said:
Hmm..you are asking for advice for ways to make you ws better/more consistant but you don't wanna do it.

If it's a 2brd or Brd/Cor pt and you are eating sushi you will most like do better damage with Pole than Merited GK anyway. You said so yourself you don't "typically" play sam, so why not gear it just for Birds? It would give you one hell of a reason to be sam more often..If you are having a problem doing 8pole merits just do 4 and find the middle ground and you will do much better damage, saving those other 4 merits for anything higher lvl you might do on sam.

Anyone else think its kinda funny Zanno is asking for advice but isn't listening to any of it? Nothing against you at all just odd to start a topic asking how to increase damage but then won't listen to the replies.

ok advices:

Get hauby +1, black tanthlum, shura legs, FFFFUUUU GKT merits,

If i were to follow these advices I would pretty much have to sell everything i have for all my other jobs just so i can buy the stuff I've been adviced to buy.

The other advices that are more reasonable I will do, like swapping feet for hachi during ws, get me a pair of str pants (that will not be shura), switchin pcc for chivy during ws so i can swap acp ring for str ring.

Leviathan.Celestinia
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2010-02-04 13:47:20
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Zorander said:
If it's a 2brd or Brd/Cor pt and you are eating sushi you will most like do better damage with Pole than Merited GK anyway.

Like Veg said, you should be doing a consistent 1.4-2k penta vs 900-1.4k Gekko in a brdx2 or brd/cor pt you should also be at 5-hit polearm vs 6-hit and while you do lose some haste the 5-hit will beat it especially since birds die fast anyways. I have 3 pole merits so 246 skill and do ok.

Outside of merit/apoly there is ENM/nyzul(on bird floors) and i hear dynamis with brd in DD party using pole is actually pretty good, though im 24/7 blm so i've never tried ><
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-02-04 13:50:05
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Zanno said:
Bahamut.Zorander said:

ok advices:

Get hauby 1, black tanthlum, shura legs, FFFFUUUU GKT merits,

If i were to follow these advices I would pretty much have to sell everything i have for all my other jobs just so i can buy the stuff I've been adviced to buy.

The other advices that are more reasonable I will do, like swapping feet for hachi during ws, get me a pair of str pants (that will not be shura), switchin pcc for chivy during ws so i can swap acp ring for str ring.
Well if you want to increase your damage, you will need to switch gear, what else did you expect? Did you expect good, consistent ws dmg when y/g/k'ing in fuma and byakko's?

Also, haub+1 is good for your nin as well. If you can't afford shura, af+1 legs have the same str, there's enkidu legs, ect, but just saying f it and ws'ing in 15 dex when it's not a mod on a ws you don't need the acc, duh >.>

Also, I suggested gorget as well, which would help, which you seemed to have missed, as you're talking about chiv chain in ws.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-02-04 13:55:14
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Vegetto said:
Well if you want to increase your damage, you will need to switch gear, what else did you expect? Did you expect good, consistent ws dmg when y/g/k'ing in fuma and byakko's?

Also, haub 1 is good for your nin as well. If you can't afford shura, af 1 legs have the same str, there's enkidu legs, ect, but just saying f it and ws'ing in 15 dex when it's not a mod on a ws you don't need the acc, duh >.>

Also, I suggested gorget as well, which would help, which you seemed to have missed, as you're talking about chiv chain in ws.

I already said I'm working on sea gorget, but someone else gave the advice to ws in chivy chain for the stp while swapping ecp ring for str ring during ws. In my first post i already said I'm going to get str feet and str pants. dont just read half the posts lol
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-02-04 13:57:41
Link | Citer | R

No you didn't
Quote:
I'm thinking about getting ws pants and ws feet, but I'm not willing to work my *** for it if i dont absolutely have to, as I said, i dont get to play SAM a whole lot.

I'm thinking of buying a car. That doesn't mean I'm going to get one and it doesn't mean that I said I was going to buy one. Read your own posts.
 Leviathan.Celestinia
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2010-02-04 13:58:43
Link | Citer | R

Zanno you do limbus right? These are probably the best thing you can aim for right now, its not hard to get ABCs if you do limbo and geting SAM pieces from Tem/apol isn't too bad. Not only is the 5str good for ws but the Store TP opens a LOT more options with regards to keeping 6-hit.

Best thing I can advise to work on for your ws set atm.
[+]
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-02-04 14:00:23
Link | Citer | R

If you want to merit on sam not HNM, or anthing else..speaking for merits only and you don't try out Polearm on sam you aren't giving yourself a chance to be the best DD you can be..Merited GK or not you are missing ship and will have to settle for crappier damage.

Here are you 2 options.
1. Deal with the fact that your YGK aren't doing very much 500-1500 says you..and just bend over and take it, not much else you can do about it.

or.

2. Try polearm and improve those sam ws numbers you will prolly do 1000-1900 with out really even trying. Granted you will be eating sushi but who cares. At MMJ just eat PIZZA+1 it's great is 3 hour food!

Now it is time for me to go to lunch I will check back on this when I return..
 Bismarck.Maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2010-02-04 14:01:03
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Vegetto said:
No you didn't
Quote:
I'm thinking about getting ws pants and ws feet, but I'm not willing to work my *** for it if i dont absolutely have to, as I said, i dont get to play SAM a whole lot.
I'm thinking of buying a car. That doesn't mean I'm going to get one and it doesn't mean that I said I was going to buy one. Read your own posts.

He said he was working on it on the first page I just suggested he use chiv in the meantime to which he agreed.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-02-04 14:01:39
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Maxse said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:
No you didn't
Quote:

He said he was working on it on the first page I just suggested he use chiv in the meantime to which he agreed.
He said the first post.
Quote:
In my first post i already said I'm going to get str feet and str pants.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-02-04 14:02:07
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Vegetto said:
No you didn't
Quote:

När du lär dig att behärska mitt språk till 100% kan du börja klaga på att jag inte behärskar ditt språk till 100% innan dess, håll käft. ok?
 Bismarck.Maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2010-02-04 14:03:46
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Vegetto said:
Bismarck.Maxse said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:
No you didn't
Quote:
He said the first post.
Quote:
In my first post i already said I'm going to get str feet and str pants.

Im just talking about the sea gorget he earlier stated hes working on.

[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-02-04 14:06:15
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
När du lär dig att behärska mitt språk till 100% kan du börja klaga på att jag inte behärskar ditt språk till 100% innan dess, håll käft. ok?

I'm not on a Swedish website, I have no need to master your language. You, however, are on a English speaking website and when you speak incorrect English or can't correctly communicate your thoughts, that is fine, we don't all speak the same language, but that's all on you, not on me to try to determine what you really mean.

Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-02-04 14:11:29
Link | Citer | R

nowhere does it states that this is an english speaking website. and nitpicking because i dont write english flawless while the flag next to my name shows that im obviously not born and raised in a country that speak english is just pathetic. It seems that everyone else but you understood what i meant, and you're just using a misstake i made so you can argue a bit more.

If you have such a hard time understanding me, no one is forcing you to respond to my post, leave that to those who do understand.
 Bahamut.Satanas
By Bahamut.Satanas 2010-02-04 14:13:52
Link | Citer | R

Have anymore questions on your GK WS set up Zanno? Now do you know which gear to switch to? If you want to upgrade this instant w/o breaking the bank or w/o doing too much work, than get a chivalrous chain, ruby ring, myochin haidate, and hachiman sune-ate. In my opinion.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-02-04 14:14:34
Link | Citer | R

You're the one telling people to learn languages. That wasn't brought up until you put it on the table. Ok, we don't speak English on this forum, you got me here!
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-02-04 14:18:40
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Zanno said:
nowhere does it states that this is an english speaking website. ]

I guess the EN part stands for "enunciate"