Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Annoyed at my WS's
Annoyed at my WS's
 Ifrit.Rangappa
Serveur: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
user: Rangappa
By Ifrit.Rangappa 2010-02-04 14:22:14
Link | Citer | R

Might have been mentioned before but with 5/5 stp merits you dont really need a whole lot to hit the 6 hit build. swap out the gloves or feet for hachiman until usu, i did the gloves because i hate moving slow, your prefrence though. ditch the rose strap and get pole grip, pole grip + brutal will really increase your ws damage over time. since its a merit party ws build your looking for, try to get an osode. As far as the leg slot even your af pants are better than byakkos for ws'ing(YGK). Dont know the numbers, but with the 2 handed update your ws hit 95% of the time, which is the cap, you always notice the misses anyway and never the ones that connect, dont be too hard on your self. Also the sea gorgets are awesome for ws(duh), and rutter or hachiman for feet will help improve your ws damage a fair amount.
 Fairy.Basilo
Serveur: Fairy
user: Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2010-02-04 14:23:56
Link | Citer | R

Penta colibri gets dull, doing biggest dmg ws isnt everything or parsing highest, id rather go colibri as monk or mamool as hagun sam tbh I only ever use polearm for ... hmmm I dont do limbus anymore... nothing. Merrited 1st time yesterday for 18month as melee as monk on colibri with Draxel hagun sam, with cor roll, colibri will chain piss easy still. Kinda a reply to Zorander i guess.

No doubt your Y/G/K builds need work but dont feel too presurised into using polearm imo, could end up being counterproductive to put merits into polearm to earn more merits to use elsewhere, over just merriting with gkt.
 Fairy.Vegetto
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-02-04 14:25:07
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Merrited 1st time yesterday for 18month

Our pt was THAT long ago

Edit: yea, no where near 18 months. I still have the parse.
Saturday, ‎August ‎08, ‎2009

We were both on mnk.

18 months is a year and a half >.> August was 6 months ago.
 Fairy.Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2010-02-04 14:28:25
Link | Citer | R

I believe so unless you still have the parse, I was down to 8k buffer monk after salvage yeterday from cap which would of been last time i merrited mustve been bout a year ago.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-02-04 14:28:33
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Satanas said:
Have anymore questions on your GK WS set up Zanno? Now do you know which gear to switch to? If you want to upgrade this instant w/o breaking the bank or w/o doing too much work, than get a chivalrous chain, ruby ring, myochin haidate, and hachiman sune-ate. In my opinion.

yea as i said , the advices that are reasonable to me im going with, pretty much waht you just said, and as Celestinia said to upgrade to AF+1 when i get the items from limbus. And sea gorget when I get the stuff for that.

As far as th (for me) unreasonable advices, I'm happy to do those upgrades if anyone is willing to donate the gil for it. hell, if you're on another server I'll be happy to pay for transferring your mule here with the gil to me lol

@ vegetto just stop acting like an ***, you know damn well there's more than just english speaking ppl on this forums. If i said in my first post that "im thinking of getting ws pants and feet" and later say thats what im doing, its pretty obvious what i meant, isnt it? when translating this "im thinking of getting ws pants and feet" to my language it means "I am going to get a pair of ws pants and feet" or in swedish "Jag tänker skaffa ett par ws byxor och skor"
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-02-04 14:29:16
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Basilo said:
I believe so unless you still have the parse, I was down to 8k buffer monk after salvage yeterday from cap which would of been last time i merrited mustve been bout a year ago.
Yes, I still have the parse, less than 6 months ago.

Computer says the parse was created
Quote:
Saturday, ‎August ‎08, ‎2009, ‏‎10:38:38 PM
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-02-04 14:30:43
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
@ vegetto just stop acting like an ***, you know damn well there's more than just english speaking ppl on this forums. If i said in my first post that "im thinking of getting ws pants and feet" and later say thats what im doing, its pretty obvious what i meant, isnt it?

Again, you're the one who brought up language, not me. You told me to read your first post, I did, the information you said was in that post was not in your post. That's your own *** up, not mine. Whether it's an honest mistake or intentional, the *** up was still on your end of the computer screen.
 Bismarck.Maxse
Serveur: Bismarck
user: maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2010-02-04 14:33:34
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Hanabira said:
well im just gonna throw this out there he isnt asking for higher damaging overall, he is asking for more consistent. if i recall. adding str raises your dmg range's maximum and atk determines where in that range your average hit is. so if you are sick of seeing your WS's hit for the low end of the scale, and dont mind lowering your max some to get some consistency, get some atk. as long as you are adding more atk than you would get from 2str=1atk now before ANYONE jumps down my throat flaming me for suggesting this, just remember that he didnt ask how to raise his damage, he asked how to balance it

Not to be rude but almost everying you said here is inaccurate.

Attack for gekko doesnt do anything for merit mobs because of a hidden 100% attack boost during WS.

Also for 2 handers 1 str = .75 attack.

Im not trying to make you look bad but you are being very misinformative in regard to SAM and shouldnt be giving advice.

Edit: not 200% bonus to attack what I mean is 100% or double your current.
 Fairy.Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2010-02-04 14:35:43
Link | Citer | R

18 months ago, and you say less than 6 O.o; my bad either way getting a bit derailed, on the other end of spectrum im quite happy with my sam ws's now :D +103str in campaign bout 900-1400 16tp ws or 1500-2,100ish 17tp with darkness too its quite sexy. Just need to find something else to use my sam for besides KSNM/ISNM and campaign.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-02-04 14:36:43
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Basilo said:
18 months ago, and you say less than 6 O.o; my bad either way getting a bit derailed, on the other end of spectrum im quite happy with my sam ws's now :D 103str in campaign bout 900-1400 16tp ws or 1500-2,100ish 17tp with darkness too its quite sexy. Just need to find something else to use my sam for besides KSNM/ISNM and campaign.
even w/o the parse lol couldn't have been anywhere near to 18 months, as I had full usu in our pt and I haven't even had that for a year yet. (completed the set in either late may or early june '09)
 Fenrir.Hanabira
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Hanabira 2010-02-04 14:40:19
Link | Citer | R

youre right, i forgot about that difference. i removed it
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-02-04 14:42:49
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Vegetto said:
Quote:
@ vegetto just stop acting like an ***, you know damn well there's more than just english speaking ppl on this forums. If i said in my first post that "im thinking of getting ws pants and feet" and later say thats what im doing, its pretty obvious what i meant, isnt it?

Again, you're the one who brought up language, not me. You told me to read your first post, I did, the information you said was in that post was not in your post. That's your own *** up, not mine. Whether it's an honest mistake or intentional, the *** up was still on your end of the computer screen.

I still made this post
Carbuncle.Zanno said:

ok advices:

Get hauby 1, black tanthlum, shura legs, FFFFUUUU GKT merits,

If i were to follow these advices I would pretty much have to sell everything i have for all my other jobs just so i can buy the stuff I've been adviced to buy.

The other advices that are more reasonable I will do, like swapping feet for hachi during ws, get me a pair of str pants (that will not be shura), switchin pcc for chivy during ws so i can swap acp ring for str ring.

before you made this one
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Well if you want to increase your damage, you will need to switch gear, what else did you expect? Did you expect good, consistent ws dmg when y/g/k'ing in fuma and byakko's?

Also, haub 1 is good for your nin as well. If you can't afford shura, af 1 legs have the same str, there's enkidu legs, ect, but just saying f it and ws'ing in 15 dex when it's not a mod on a ws you don't need the acc, duh >.>

Also, I suggested gorget as well, which would help, which you seemed to have missed, as you're talking about chiv chain in ws.

just go back to page 2 and see for yourself, so even if i typed it wrong in my first post, i had already stated that i am going to make these changes when you decided to start flaming me about not listening, and not willing to change anything, ws'ing in byakko and what not
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-02-04 14:46:47
Link | Citer | R

When did I say you didn't listen? I said were you expecting good consistent results by ws'ing in fuma and byakko's.

Then, since you didn't want to put effort into your sam, as stated in your first post, I even listed helpful alternatives that you could use in it's place.

Then the haub+1 comment was directed to the selling other job's gear off to buy gear for a job you hardly ever use, which I said haub+1 is also useful for nin.

The only part that I missed was the gorget, other than that, I didn't say you weren't listening to anything else.
 Fenrir.Dascorp
user: dascorp
By Fenrir.Dascorp 2010-02-04 16:50:54
Link | Citer | R

maats cap and doesnt know how to gear sam... enought said
[+]
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-02-04 16:59:56
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Dascorp said:

know and afford is 2 different things.
 Fairy.Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2010-02-04 17:03:52
Link | Citer | R

Lol thought you meant me for a moment till I remembered OP had cap, but in his defense having cap doesnt necessarily mean youre likely to understand gearing 75 sam with greatkatana. Less time to dedicate to each job and cld of been lvled solely off polearm, which I know isnt the case but still.
[+]
 Fenrir.Dascorp
By Fenrir.Dascorp 2010-02-04 17:07:09
Link | Citer | R

cause Rutter Sabatons/ Hachiman Sune-ate/ Askar Gambieras

are expensive am i right
[+]
 Bismarck.Maxse
Serveur: Bismarck
user: maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2010-02-04 17:10:43
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Dascorp said:
cause Rutter Sabatons/ Hachiman Sune-ate/ Askar Gambieras are expensive am i right

I donno why you all wanna keep bashing this guy. He knows what he needs to do he just asked for advice. Sure hes being a bit lazy and making excuses, but give him a break already.

Nothing wrong with asking advice to get other perspectives to help you decide what order to upgrade your gear.

Ramuh.Lilbusta
Serveur: Ramuh
user: phatspade
By Ramuh.Lilbusta 2010-02-04 17:12:18
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Dascorp said:

jackass...nough said.

Zanno, without sacrificing some sTP you'll have a hard time keeping consistency with your WS's. I'm in the same boat as you are w/ my DRG and the pentas. I've just come to except that I can't boost my dmg and keep consistency so I just tweaked what I could and made sure my ACC stayed high so my WS's landed. I'd rather land w/ low dmg then miss.

As for gear recommendations: I can't help you with that since SAM seems overwhelming at your lvl with gear setup and my SAM is only 38.
 Asura.Artemicion
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Artemicion 2010-02-04 17:12:27
Link | Citer | R

At least the folks with superiority complexes over a video game provide good lols.
 Fenrir.Dascorp
By Fenrir.Dascorp 2010-02-04 17:13:36
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Maxse said:
Fenrir.Dascorp said:
cause Rutter Sabatons/ Hachiman Sune-ate/ Askar Gambieras are expensive am i right

I donno why you all wanna keep bashing this guy. He knows what he needs to do he just asked for advice. Sure hes being a bit lazy and making excuses, but give him a break already.

Nothing wrong with asking advice to get other perspectives to help you decide what order to upgrade your gear.

If you get a job to 75 and still dont know how to gear it, and say I ws in fuma, cause ***is expensive, fail sam. Oh look but i have a hagun, that is all you need right

[+]
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-02-04 17:26:16
Link | Citer | R

I'm sorry for having Maat's Cap and not been the least bit intrested in SAM? There, that makes you feel better?
 Fenrir.Dascorp
By Fenrir.Dascorp 2010-02-04 17:32:50
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Zanno said:
I'm sorry for having Maat's Cap and not been the least bit intrested in SAM? There, that makes you feel better?

Why did you level it if, you arent interested in it?

My response sounds rude to you, but I am stuck on sam, for almost every event that I do, have been for a year.

Sea, Sky, Limbus, ZNM = sam
[+]
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-02-04 17:43:25
Link | Citer | R

I lv it about a year ago or so i think. was gonna stop it at 66 for maat fight but ppl kept wanting me to pt with them and thats how it went to 75. Once it got to 75 i pretty much sold off all gear for it and started to lv next job.

I got my maat's cap a few days ago and I'm starting to wanna do other things than just leveling, like finish crafting, finish missions, meriting and such, so i looked into SAM for a bit since someone was shouting for DD for merit pt today.

Thats why i dont know alot about sam, and thats why i dont have a perfect or even close to perfect setup for sam. And aparently asking for advice here was not the right thing to do.

Anyhow, I doubt anything more useful will come from this thread, so admins are welcome to close it.
 Fenrir.Dascorp
By Fenrir.Dascorp 2010-02-04 17:50:40
Link | Citer | R

you dont need polearm merits to beat hagun on birds

Tomoe 5hit will own any sam with hagun, the highest I did was 2.6 pentra with brd/cor, full overhelm /war

justice torque/bushi earring gk merits, and yeah my polearm sam beats my gk sam on birds anyday

note to all sams, if you are using polearm, please dont use askar body then wonder why your pentra sucks so much
[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-02-04 19:18:11
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Zanno said:
If you weren't interested in sam, you wouldn't have made a thread asking how to gear it correctly, as you wouldn't play it at all.
[+]