By Kwontess 2010-02-04 09:36:24
Link | Citer | R

My Slug Shot build is:

Martial Gun has a +7 racc augment on it from FoV
Anwig Salade has +10 racc, +5 ratt, +4 str, +15 ws acc
Mirke Wardecors has +10 racc, +10 ratt
Amemet Mantle +1 has +1 agi augment from FoV
Desultor Tassets has +7 racc, +7 ratt

Those are some impressive numbers Zulos, I agree with Wooooodum that your sets are very similar. It must come down to buffs and/or merits. Zulos has +10 more str in gear (flame ring and mirke body). But Wooooodum should have 3 more base str for a net of 7 base str in favor of Zulos.

Assuming there is +10 ratt on Zulos mirke (giving him the best choice for maximizing slug damage) Wooooodum should be down 1 ratt on body. The 7 str difference is at most 4 ratt, combined with the 1 ratt from body is 5 ratt. However, Jalzahn's ring more than compensates for that.

For weapon damage the 7 str will be at most 4 base damage during slug, but Wooooodum has 5 more AGI (1 base damage at the least during slug) and a weapon with 2 higher base damage.

When you add it all up, Zulos has at most 1 more base slug damage than Wooooodum and 1 less ratt. You two would have virtually identical ranged attacks (with 1 point of eachother). There is no way under identical circumstances that Zulos could be doing more than 1*5*3 = 15 damage more than Wooooodum and thats only if ratt is capped. The extra damage has to be attributed to better buffs, better merits (they wouldn't make that much of a difference) or some sort of defense down effect.

I still don't get the logic of coffinmaker, unless you're concerned with drawing hate from slugging too often. If your ranged accuracy is an issue at all martial is always going to be substantially better during slug shot. The fact that you can weaponskill at least 1 shot sooner with martial and still have higher acc than coffinmaker will more than outdo the 9 acc the rest of the time. Unless you have 95% racc at 100 tp with slug (I would be very surprised if thats the case). Obviously it is working for you, but I am curious what TP % you slug at. I have both coffinmaker and martial and I've never been happy with coffinmaker accuracy anywhere near 100 TP. Of course its less of an issue for me since coffinmaker only has 2 more racc than my martial.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [82 days between previous and next post]
 Sylph.Lotusbluete
Serveur: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Katniss
By Sylph.Lotusbluete 2010-04-27 03:34:50
Link | Citer | R

still leveling my COR atm and was wondering if its worth getting the 3 addon pieces & augment them for COR - or would there be equal / better pieces still?

Atm i have the PLD body, pants for whm and hat for BLM which I can replace with better stuff, so i was thinking about redoing them.
 Phoenix.Razis
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Razis 2010-04-27 04:13:11
Link | Citer | R

Mirke Wardecors with "Quick Draw" ability delay -5 & "Magic Attack Bonus"+4 is the best body for QD.

Desultor Tassets with Haste+3 & Accuracy+7 are one of the best if not best pants for melee Tp.

Anwig Salade with STR+4 Weapon Skill Accuracy +15 & AGI+4 Increases weapon skill damage (+2%) is probably your best Ws piece.

All three pieces are great for Cor ^^
 Sylph.Lotusbluete
user: Katniss
By Sylph.Lotusbluete 2010-04-27 04:23:50
Link | Citer | R

Thanks!

Hmmm sounds good... i guess ill go for them :P and toss my other crap.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [42 days between previous and next post]
 Hades.Tripster
Serveur: Hades
user: Lisamarie
By Hades.Tripster 2010-06-08 14:43:19
Link | Citer | R

QUESTION!

When TPing in melee for COR/NIN...

I don't have M.Kris.

I have Joyeuse tho.

Was thinking in going Joyeuse/Trailer's Kukri. Is that a good thing to do?

I am asking cause I see a lot of COR/NIN with an empty sub slot.

Thanks.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Serveur: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-06-08 14:54:50
Link | Citer | R

Nah, the increase in racc is not worth the dramatically lowered TP gain.
 Sylph.Kimble
user: Jornna
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-06-08 15:07:47
Link | Citer | R

Wouldnt use anything off hand and...

Wouldnt really come /nin for most things.
 Caitsith.Zefiris
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Zefiris
By Caitsith.Zefiris 2010-06-08 15:17:24
Link | Citer | R

Sub WARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRIOR eat sushi use joyeuse :3
Sub Rng if you really need Acc
Dnc is a nice sub too
Nin is pretty lame
 Asura.Flufferkins
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Flufferkins 2010-06-08 15:19:42
Link | Citer | R

No, like Raen said. You will slow down your TP enough that the gain in missed WS shots will not overwhelm the gain in R.Acc. Especially when it's so cheap to pickup Racc in another slot.