Stellar Blade Leaked Demo (Nier Automata Clone?)

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » Stellar Blade Leaked Demo (Nier Automata clone?)
Stellar Blade Leaked Demo (Nier Automata clone?)
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
By RadialArcana 2024-03-09 06:34:39
Link | Citer | R

This is a leaked (it was on the ps store for 20 mins before being taken down) demo of Stellar Blade. It's trying so hard to be Nier Automata and I'm here for it, it looks pretty good so far (even though the guy playing it seems to be potato powered and can't block). The music especially is amazing, art style is great too though and I like the idea of the story (aliens took over the planet, humanity fled and created these androids to fight for them).

Hope the demo gets released officially soon.

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-03-09 07:11:17
Link | Citer | R

Yoko Taro has already given it his seal of approval as well
[+]
By RadialArcana 2024-03-09 07:14:50
Link | Citer | R

yeah I saw that lol I read the composer that created the music for Nier Automata made the music for this, which is awesome if true.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-03-09 07:20:56
Link | Citer | R

Same devs who made Nikke btw, experts at hand crafted assets
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-03-09 15:30:56
Link | Citer | R

[+]
By Dodik 2024-03-09 15:33:40
Link | Citer | R

I too like hand crafted assets.
[+]
By Wordspoken 2024-03-09 17:16:15
Link | Citer | R

It's been like 7 years. Why don't we have like dozen nier automata clones?
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-03-09 17:52:48
Link | Citer | R

Cause AAA devs are afraid of backlash from the DEI terrorists.
[+]
By fillerbunny9 2024-03-09 20:00:05
Link | Citer | R

Wordspoken said: »
because it's more important to gamble on a game you can turn into a live service for perpetual revenue stream than it is to make a solid single player experience that is only good for its initial sale?
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-03-09 20:02:35
Link | Citer | R

fillerbunny9 said: »
because it's more important to gamble on a game you can turn into a live service for perpetual revenue stream than it is to make a solid single player experience that is only good for its initial sale?

Good example: solid game that ended up being the best selling game of last year, Hogwarts Legacy. No GaaS, no cash shop. Just a finished, quality game with decent gameplay and a well crafted world.

Warner Bros: "Let's ruin this by making the sequel GaaS!"

Genius.
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-03-09 20:16:30
Link | Citer | R

A well made game only sells one time.

A flashy piece of ***that hits all the chemical receptors sells transactions many times.

If you can do both; the holy grail.
By RadialArcana 2024-03-10 07:07:07
Link | Citer | R

Cause the ceo is stupid.
 Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2024-03-10 11:53:17
Link | Citer | R

the aesthetics of Nier have very little to do with why that game is good
[+]
By RadialArcana 2024-03-10 13:13:10
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Kyte said: »
the aesthetics of Nier have very little to do with why that game is good

Yes it does, it's an important part of why it's good. If the main character was a big fat guy called larry with a bald head you might love it as much but I wouldn't.

The story, love story, the emotions the game makes you feel, the music (he same composer is making the music for this game) are all great too but how she looks is integral to why people love it.

Which is why the man that made it promoted all the coomer pictures on twitter for months, why she has been featured in crossovers with vast numbers of games and why merch has sold the *** out of the lorry.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2024-03-20 08:04:01
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2024-03-20 08:22:48
Link | Citer | R

I really fail to see the charm of Stellar Blade. I mean maybe pad in hands it will be awesome, but so far I've only seen a title which seems to attempts to copy (and fail at that) the exterior aspect of NieR Automata without anything about what's inside, which really is the real value of the title if you ask me.

It all seems so... I dunno, vulgar? Made for wanking fanboys?
The protagonist' character design looks so incredibly dull and stereotyped, like a very bad low cost hentai game.
With the difference that this is not low cost, can clearly see the budget but at the same time it seems so uninspired, without a proper unique identity.

Really, maybe I'm gonna absolutely love this game once I play it but so far I fail to see what's so attractive about it.
By Dodik 2024-03-20 08:38:09
Link | Citer | R

Remember kids - there is no bad publicity.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2024-03-20 11:27:46
Link | Citer | R

A lot of things could be called vulgar, or pandering to your audience cause you know they will like it. There is nothing wrong with that at all.

For instance do Mithra need to be in skin colored underwear when they have no gear equipped? do Galka need to be practically naked? they did it cause it's fan service, there was no reason for it other than that. you could say it is vulgar and pandering to perverts, or is it just accepting reality of what people want?

What about ff14, is anyone gonna say that game isn't hardcore wall to wall fan service? and that being so, played a large part in why so many people like the game today.

People like it, it's good to give your customers what they like and there is nothing wrong with people liking it, cause we are wired to like it. Also it's a very easy way to get lots of attention, it does not matter how good your game is if nobody knows it exists and guys (who are the massive majority of video game buyers) like t&a.

As much as I and most people may like fan service in games though, it's not going to sell a bad game. For Nier Automata (you can literally blow her skirt off) the demo showed how amazing the gameplay was, Stellar Blade demo looks great, First Descendant looks like a great warframe clone and new Vindictus combat is amazing.

The booba is the hook, and the gameplay is the reel in.

This is the video that got me to pre-order Steallar Blade:

First Descendant is a warframe clone, and it looks good

I played new Vindictus defying fate and it's 50% titties and 50% dark souls combat, also great fun game.

[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2024-03-20 12:06:28
Link | Citer | R

RadialArcana said: »
you could say it is vulgar and pandering to perverts, or is it just accepting reality of what people want?
That's not the real problem I was trying to describe, imho.
Yoko Taro is a real perv after all (lol) and Automata also has its own degree of fanservice as well. ALSO. See the difference?

The feeling I'm getting is like they tried to copy the surface, but completely failing to capture the essence.

I wouldn't have minded a good attempt at copying Automata, not at all.
It's just that this seems a bad attempt lacking personality, taste and, I dunno, I'm sure I managed to convey my thoughts quite well already.

Of course I could be completely wrong, I'm talking about very quick feelings. I'll be more than glad to enjoy Stellar Blade if I'm wrong.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2024-03-20 13:27:18
Link | Citer | R

When they finally release the demo for all we can get a far better idea, also as with Nier we won't know how good the story is for quite some time. When Nier launched most of us just thought it was a pretty fan-service game with nice combat, only later did we find out how good it was on a deeper level.

Ultimately though as long as it's fun to play (and it seems to be) that's enough I think.

But yeah, hope for the best with it being more than just a pretty face.

The real sad part is Square Enix don't want Yoko to make more games, and he is being wasted on mobile stuff.
By RadialArcana 2024-03-25 10:19:22
Link | Citer | R

29th march demo launch

https://blog.playstation.com/2024/03/25/stellar-blade-demo-arrives-march-29/

[+]
By RadialArcana 2024-03-28 07:59:24
Link | Citer | R

Amazing boss music

Bahamut.Drumskull
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Drumskull 2024-03-28 10:54:03
Link | Citer | R

Amazing boss music

this game is for degenrates
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-03-28 11:00:23
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Drumskull said: »

They have correctly identified their target audience.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-03-28 11:04:17
Link | Citer | R

Amazing boss music

[yout-ube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLPyhgTndJE[/youtube]
I was already interested in Stellar Blade, you dont have to sell it to me.
By RadialArcana 2024-03-28 12:10:45
Link | Citer | R

[+]
By RadialArcana 2024-03-29 14:53:54
Link | Citer | R

Demo out today!
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-03-29 17:09:54
Link | Citer | R

Is RA gonna complain about the yellow paint on ledges??
Stay tuned to find out.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-03-29 17:40:42
Link | Citer | R

I'm enjoying the demo so far, but it does need some fine tuning:
It seems to be very strict in regards to environment engagement. There were some doors and boxes that the R2 prompt wouldnt pop up unless I was on top of it and staring directly at it.
The dodging is harsh, but that could just be a git gud thing. I dont have problems with parrying.
There are a lot of rough translations, but considering all the recent discourse from "professional translators" injecting their garbage thinking they're script enhancers instead of just doing what they're paid to do and translate the script, I'll gladly accept it.
By RadialArcana 2024-03-29 17:50:35
Link | Citer | R

I like it so far too, the music is a huge high point. The graphics are nice too, although there is a little jank in some of the cut-scenes and the english voice acting isn't that great. The way she shouts hwah is annoying asf to me, so I changed it to korean.

The combat is good, but the windows for perfect block and perfect dodge are a bit tight to be fun atm for me, but I guess you get used to it. There are lots of combo attacks, so it's kind of similar to DMC5.

You can turn on auto loot in the settings btw, and you unlock new skills at the camp (perfect dodge)
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8