Let's Start A Riot?!?!

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Let's start a riot?!?!
Let's start a riot?!?!
First Page 2 3 ... 114 115 116 ... 117 118 119
 Asura.Saevel
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2020-06-20 05:43:23
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Hideka said: »
actually, you cant even charge a person with resisting arrest if there is no primary charge. by its very definition, a cop must be putting you under arrest for one reason or another in order for you to be able to resist said arrest.

Cops can just invent something and then say you are resisting arrest. What are you gonna do argue with them? Yeah good way to get beat or even shot. Of course once you get a lawyer involved the *** stops, but there is a huge gap in time between Officer Johnson messing with you and when your lawyer gets the charges dropped.

There is a thing called legal insurance precisely for this situation. That costs money and so Police deliberately avoid screwing with people who look like they can afford private legal representation.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2020-06-20 05:50:29
Link | Citer | R

Rooks said: »
I didn't think I had to put "no espousing eugenics" in the forum rules, but that's why it's a living document I guess

What .. huh.... people were serious with that insanity?

Jesus..... it must be someone on my block list stiring the pot again.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-06-20 14:40:05
Link | Citer | R

actually, you cant even charge a person with resisting arrest if there is no primary charge. by its very definition, a cop must be putting you under arrest for one reason or another in order for you to be able to resist said arrest.
Cops can and do arrest people for resisting with no underlying charge all the time, especially during demonstrations.

I have been seeing this since I was 15. That's more than 60 years. I do not expect them to stop doing it anytime soon.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-06-20 15:11:31
Link | Citer | R

Colorado passes sweeping police reform, ends QI

Quote:
Colorado Governor Jared Polis (D) on Friday signed a sweeping police reform bill into law that includes the end of qualified immunity for officers.

The bill ends the legal doctrine that protects police officers from civil lawsuits, which some have argued gives cover for cops who use excessive force. The issue has gained national attention after the death of George Floyd, a Black man who died after a Minneapolis police officer pressed his knee on him for nearly nine minutes.

“By facing the cold hard truth about the unequal treatment of Black Americans and communities of color, we can and we will create real change that will materially improve the lives of countless Americans of this generation and future generations,” Polis said before signing the bill. “And we can bend the moral arc of the universe toward justice.”

The sweeping Colorado bill also requires all state and local police wear body cameras by 2023 — with footage being made public — and bans chokeholds, shooting fleeing suspects and using deadly force unless a life is in immediate danger. It also requires officers to report every time they stop someone they suspect of a crime and record that person's ethnicity, race and gender.

The bill also asks cops to report their colleagues for wrongdoing, and will make officers personally liable for up to $25,000 in damages if they violate someone's civil rights.

Well, if you want to be a cop in Colorado, you are actually going to be held accountable for your actions. More of this legislation is working its way through a lot of other states, they don't actually have to wait on Congress, they can just end QI themselves.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-06-20 19:10:38
Link | Citer | R

Viciouss said: »
Colorado passes sweeping police reform, ends QI
Quote:
Colorado Governor Jared Polis (D) on Friday signed a sweeping police reform bill into law that includes the end of qualified immunity for officers.

The bill ends the legal doctrine that protects police officers from civil lawsuits, which some have argued gives cover for cops who use excessive force. The issue has gained national attention after the death of George Floyd, a Black man who died after a Minneapolis police officer pressed his knee on him for nearly nine minutes.

“By facing the cold hard truth about the unequal treatment of Black Americans and communities of color, we can and we will create real change that will materially improve the lives of countless Americans of this generation and future generations,” Polis said before signing the bill. “And we can bend the moral arc of the universe toward justice.”

The sweeping Colorado bill also requires all state and local police wear body cameras by 2023 — with footage being made public — and bans chokeholds, shooting fleeing suspects and using deadly force unless a life is in immediate danger. It also requires officers to report every time they stop someone they suspect of a crime and record that person's ethnicity, race and gender.

The bill also asks cops to report their colleagues for wrongdoing, and will make officers personally liable for up to $25,000 in damages if they violate someone's civil rights.
Well, if you want to be a cop in Colorado, you are actually going to be held accountable for your actions. More of this legislation is working its way through a lot of other states, they don't actually have to wait on Congress, they can just end QI themselves.
I expect the special little blue snowflakes to go on strike to preserve their immunity from humanity.

The ones in Atlanta are calling in sick because they can no longer shoot fleeing "suspects" in the back.
By volkom 2020-06-20 20:29:23
Link | Citer | R

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/503685-protesters-tear-down-statues-of-union-general-ulysses-s-grant-national

Quote:
Protesters in San Francisco on Friday toppled the statue of former President Grant, who led the Union Army during the Civil War, in Golden Gate Park.

San Francisco police said that approximately 400 people gathered around 8 p.m. to take down the statue, though no arrests were made, according to NBC Bay Area.

another statue of white supremacy taken down.

anyone sign the petition to destroy the Pyramids of Giza because its a symbol of oppression and slavery? https://www.change.org/p/uk-parliament-destroy-the-pyramids-of-giza-in-egypt-to-fight-slavery
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-06-20 20:50:18
Link | Citer | R

volkom said: »
https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/503685-protesters-tear-down-statues-of-union-general-ulysses-s-grant-national

Quote:
Protesters in San Francisco on Friday toppled the statue of former President Grant, who led the Union Army during the Civil War, in Golden Gate Park.

San Francisco police said that approximately 400 people gathered around 8 p.m. to take down the statue, though no arrests were made, according to NBC Bay Area.

another statue of white supremacy taken down.

anyone sign the petition to destroy the Pyramids of Giza because its a symbol of oppression and slavery? https://www.change.org/p/uk-parliament-destroy-the-pyramids-of-giza-in-egypt-to-fight-slavery
Rome and the Vatican while you are at it.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-06-20 20:52:53
Link | Citer | R

I know that pyramid petition is a joke, but it's yet another stop on that slippery slope. But hey, I'd like to see a grassroots group actually give it a try. I'm sure the Egyptian military would be more than understanding.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-06-20 20:56:43
Link | Citer | R

Great wall of China. Damn near any standing massive structure more than 500 years was most likely built by slave labor.
[+]
 Cerberus.Hideka
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-06-20 21:36:31
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Draugo said: »
Great wall of China. Damn near any standing massive structure more than 500 years was most likely built by slave labor.

people seriously do not get that less than three hundred years ago, Slaves were normal for the prior thirty thousand or more years of humanity. we are the greatest age of freedom - america and europe effectively ended slavery everywhere but some places in africa where blacks still keep black slaves, and the middle east where arabs still keep people of basically every race as slaves.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-06-20 21:38:19
Link | Citer | R

Slavery in ancient China??? Positive you aren't confusing the good old days with modern China?
[+]
 Cerberus.Hideka
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-06-20 21:52:46
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Slavery in ancient China??? Positive you aren't confusing the good old days with modern China?

you're thinking of their modern day nazi concentration camps. its ok because its racist to point out they're literally modern day nazis.
By Viciouss 2020-06-20 21:54:52
Link | Citer | R

people seriously do not get that less than three hundred years ago, Slaves were normal for the prior thirty thousand or more years of humanity. we are the greatest age of freedom - america and europe effectively ended slavery everywhere but some places in africa where blacks still keep black slaves, and the middle east where arabs still keep people of basically every race as slaves.

Ummm..you know India and China has millions of slaves.
By volkom 2020-06-20 22:01:27
Link | Citer | R

the US should free them
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-20 22:05:23
Link | Citer | R

the US should free them

Why would we stop ourselves from profiting from their slavery?
By volkom 2020-06-20 22:19:11
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »

the US should free them

Why would we stop ourselves from profiting from their slavery?

we did it during the civil war. because its the moral and right thing to do
[+]
By Prong 2020-06-20 23:25:37
Link | Citer | R

Just waiting for the hypocrites to scream to change the name of one of their hallmark liberal universities, Yale University. I mean, Elihu Yale was not only a slave owner, but a slave trader as well and servant of the East India Trading Company. Aunt Jemima has more credibility than Yale these days and if she took one for the team then...

(Before some dullard scoffs, 'Um, yuk, yuk....that's not real...that was from Pirates of the Carribean...')...yeah, it was real. Real bad, too.
[+]
By Prong 2020-06-20 23:30:53
Link | Citer | R

https://abcnews.go.com/US/dead-injured-shooting-seattle-autonomous-zone/story?id=71363286

Looks like someone violated someone else's safe space in ChazChop.

And possibly caused the death of one of their own, being the mob wouldn't allow the police in to treat the wounded before the EMTs could arrive. Probably cleaning up the evidence before cameras other than their own cell phones got there.

With how quickly these little "activists" can whip out that phone and film anything they choose, I wonder how many vids of this shooting within their AutoZone perimeter appear on social media.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-06-20 23:42:00
Link | Citer | R

Prong said: »
https://abcnews.go.com/US/dead-injured-shooting-seattle-autonomous-zone/story?id=71363286

And possibly caused the death of one of their own, being the mob wouldn't allow the police in to treat the wounded before the EMTs could arrive. Probably cleaning up the evidence before cameras other than their own cell phones got there.

With how quickly these little "activists" can whip out that phone and film anything they choose, I wonder how many vids of this shooting within their AutoZone perimeter appear on social media.
Quicker than I expected. Inevitable though.
[+]
By Prong 2020-06-20 23:50:15
Link | Citer | R

Right? I knew there would be conflict immediately, being the personality types who gated themselves in that little hot zone of Covid aren't exactly the easiest people on the planet to get along with, but I thought there may be some logical escalation pattern.

Like, thumb wars first, leading to microaggressions, then maybe some slap fighting. Nope, they went straight for the .38 Special.
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
Serveur: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2020-06-21 00:33:17
Link | Citer | R

These psycho democrats on their genocidal bloodlust are giving me no other choice but to vote for Drumph :(
[+]
By Prong 2020-06-21 00:44:16
Link | Citer | R

Further proof the "protesters" are too young and dumb to even understand why they are doing what they are doing. They just want to stomp and scream like 2 year olds. They defaced a statue of Mattias Baldwin during a protest in Philadelphia. An abolitionist, lol. How noble.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/defaced-abolitionist-statue/
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-06-21 01:09:32
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Endoq said: »
These psycho democrats on their genocidal bloodlust are giving me no other choice but to vote for Drumph :(
You're doing it wrong.
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2020-06-21 01:11:12
Link | Citer | R

Further proof the "protesters" are too young and dumb to even understand why they are doing what they are doing. They just want to stomp and scream like 2 year olds. They defaced a statue of Mattias Baldwin during a protest in Philadelphia. An abolitionist, lol. How noble.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/defaced-abolitionist-statue/
It's ok to erase him from history. He was a racist anyways.
aLL wHiTE PeoPplE aRE rACiSt!
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2020-06-21 01:13:11
Link | Citer | R

You're doing it wrong.
Doing what wrong?
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-06-21 01:48:26
Link | Citer | R

Of course with proud boys and armed right wingers in the mix. I swear they let ANYONE in the zone.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-06-21 01:55:34
Link | Citer | R

Of course with proud boys and armed right wingers in the mix. I swear they let ANYONE in the zone.

Lol, sure. Something goes wrong and it's automatically right-wingers because everyone else is just sOoOoOoOo peaceful.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-06-21 03:49:19
Link | Citer | R

You're doing it wrong.
Doing what wrong?
Voting strictly to jab at the other guy.

I know you were joking.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-06-21 03:50:11
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

Lol, sure. Something goes wrong and it's automatically right-wingers because everyone else is just sOoOoOoOo peaceful.
Only right wingers posses firearms, registered or otherwise.
By Prong 2020-06-21 03:50:14
Link | Citer | R

Totally. Any time a leftist does something bad, it's actually a "right winger" in disguise. MSNBC told me so. I couldn't agree more.
First Page 2 3 ... 114 115 116 ... 117 118 119