Corona Virus, How Has It Affected Your Area So Far?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Corona Virus, How has it affected your area so far?
Corona Virus, How has it affected your area so far?
First Page 2 3 ... 39 40 41 ... 129 130 131
By Prong 2020-03-31 17:52:11
Link | Citer | R

Afania said: »
You misunderstood then. The entire reason why we are here saying NA governments(both) weren't doing enough is because we have seen certain strategy worked in other countries, that NA governments (both) refuse to do. Its not like we hate or dislike certain race/people/culture in NA.

For example, I 100% disagree with CDCs "face masks are useless" claim. Reading all the misinformation about it on the internet made the situation worse. And we can't even call our government out for being wrong? Where's the freedom of speech? Surely we deserve them as tax payers when our health/career are at risk.

And sorry but no, someone coming onto a video game forum and then start blasting on this country sucks at this, this one is so much better at it with their population size 1/16th of the other...doesn't get you a free speech medal. It just makes whoever started this part of the convo an a~hole who wants to instigate.

Now if you have some actually helpful info about this situation other than just saying, "this government is dumb" then by all means, type away. Otherwise, post your degree in advanced bio-hazard viral prevention methods or bugger off.
[+]
By Afania 2020-03-31 18:14:32
Link | Citer | R

Prong said: »
Like what? Give us some examples of an Asian democracy country lying about their numbers -.- don't just randomly claim "governments are lying because I know about their cultures from books/anime" then expect everyone else to believe that.

I'm not getting goaded into doing your research for you. I'm 47 years old so I've been on this planet long enough and been exposed to enough information (such as you all) to know Asian countries tend to hide truths about their country to others...and no, I didn't learn this from anime. I simply used that as an example to show I have no ill will or bias against the Asian culture. And yes, the Japanese culture in particular still to this day holds a strong attachment to "honor" whether you like that choice of words or not. And it's not always a bad thing, IMO, to hold honor in high regard.

From animal and human abuses to state run media, if you are in some kind of denial that region of the world isn't big on sharing info, that's on you. Stay in denial. If you want one example, China tried to blame the US military for releasing the virus from their posts in South Korea. Then, they now claim there are NO new cases of covid-19 originating from the Chinese mainland. Even you have to realize that has to be a lie. Virus originates there, they first blame snakes, then experts find there is a state run biotech agency that creates viruses for testing IN Wuhan...then China says the US made it....c'mon. Keep defending though.

China China China, all the examples that you gave are related to government type but not culture type.

Just FYI, the entire reason why CCP has been hiding truth is because they want to keep their power, not because of "honor". They consider themself as legit government of China, but that doesn't mean all the Chinese people support them unless they do a good job ruling the country. So CCP had to lie to promote authoritarianism as the absolute best government type. They didn't lie to promote Chinese as a superior race/culture or something. At least that wasn't their original intention.

So the audience of their lie is Chinese people, not people outside of China. They lie for their own benefits, not some kind of far fetched concept like "honor".

My point is that China doesn't represent entire Asia, nor Japan. And there are no proof that Japanese government lie for honor as well. Yes we see such concept in the movies or anime. But that's more of a personal value and less about government system being corrupted because of it.

So saying Japanese culture values honor, therefore every Asian government government lied is incredibly simplified logic. Same can be said CCP lied thus entire Asia lied. CCP lied for completely different reason.
By Afania 2020-03-31 18:21:37
Link | Citer | R

You misunderstood then. The entire reason why we are here saying NA governments(both) weren't doing enough is because we have seen certain strategy worked in other countries, that NA governments (both) refuse to do. Its not like we hate or dislike certain race/people/culture in NA.

For example, I 100% disagree with CDCs "face masks are useless" claim. Reading all the misinformation about it on the internet made the situation worse. And we can't even call our government out for being wrong? Where's the freedom of speech? Surely we deserve them as tax payers when our health/career are at risk.

And sorry but no, someone coming onto a video game forum and then start blasting on this country sucks at this, this one is so much better at it with their population size 1/16th of the other...doesn't get you a free speech medal. It just makes whoever started this part of the convo an a~hole who wants to instigate.

Now if you have some actually helpful info about this situation other than just saying, "this government is dumb" then by all means, type away. Otherwise, post your degree in advanced bio-hazard viral prevention methods or bugger off.

I didn't "start blasting" on this country out of nowhere. This is a COVID 19 discussion, so I simply made a note saying face masks are effective. That's it.

Then there were tons of opinion from someone else claiming it's not effective, then I simply said "experts from more successful countries said it's effective, so CDC was wrong". And I linked the relevant posts and study to support my opinion too. So it's not like I just came up with an opinion without other experts to back it up.

My complaint was pretty much only about NA governments faulty POV on face masks, that's it. It IS CDC that's promoting "face masks are useless" the hardest. And they just happened to be NA. If I don't call them wrong, then who is responsible for this false info?

You were the one who brought up cultures when it's completely irrelevant to COVID 19. Why does Japanese honor has anything to do with face masks?
 Bahamut.Negan
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2020-03-31 18:45:52
Link | Citer | R

HELTER SKELTER
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-03-31 18:51:19
Link | Citer | R

Well, the governor of Texas, who sucks at his job, finally got of his *** and issued a statewide stay at home order. I see a lot of Republican governors did that today, I guess they were waiting on Trump's go ahead. But hey Arizona, golf courses and beauty salons probably don't count as essential. Times are tough I know, but shut the down.
By volkom 2020-03-31 19:04:39
Link | Citer | R

many of the cities and towns had social distancing guidelines in place. The governor basically just applied the guidelines to the state ~ its not a stay at home order

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By Shichishito 2020-03-31 19:08:27
Link | Citer | R

golf is probably the only sport they don't need to shut down. lock down the golf carts, close the lounge, disinfect the balls and there should be very little to no source of infection. its probably the only sport that permits enough safety distance and its not like its exhausting enough that everyone constantly exhalse huge clouds of germs.

don't touch the golf courses ok! you just want rich ppl to suffer from diabetes!!
By Viciouss 2020-03-31 19:10:55
Link | Citer | R

volkom said: »
many of the cities and towns had social distancing guidelines in place. The governor basically just applied the guidelines to the state ~ its not a stay at home order

Abbott's vaguely worded announcement

Quote:
Gov. Greg Abbott on Tuesday told Texans to stay at home for the next month when not taking part in essential services, issuing an executive order to minimize social gatherings and in-person contact outside of homes. He also announced that schools would remain closed until at least May 4.

At a press conference at the Texas Capitol, Abbott purposefully stopped short of calling the decree a "stay-at-home order," saying he wanted Texans to know they could still leave their homes to do things such as go to the grocery store or go for a jog. But when asked whether Tuesday's order brings Texas up to speed with states that have issued shelter-in-place or stay-at-home orders, Abbott answered, "It's a fact."

"If you’re not engaged in an essential service or activity, then you need to be at home for the purpose of slowing the spread of COVID-19," he said.

I guess he is trying to spin it as something other than a shelter in place order, despite the fact he is literally describing what a shelter in place order is.
By Prong 2020-03-31 20:13:56
Link | Citer | R

I didn't "start blasting" on this country out of nowhere. This is a COVID 19 discussion, so I simply made a note saying face masks are effective. That's it.

Then there were tons of opinion from someone else claiming it's not effective, then I simply said "experts from more successful countries said it's effective, so CDC was wrong". And I linked the relevant posts and study to support my opinion too. So it's not like I just came up with an opinion without other experts to back it up.

My complaint was pretty much only about NA governments faulty POV on face masks, that's it. It IS CDC that's promoting "face masks are useless" the hardest. And they just happened to be NA. If I don't call them wrong, then who is responsible for this false info?

You were the one who brought up cultures when it's completely irrelevant to COVID 19. Why does Japanese honor has anything to do with face masks?

Dude, I never said YOU started blasting on countries and their leaders....but you sure seem offended by my assertion so.....musta been you? I'm not about to waste my time reading back 4 or 5 pages of nonsense of nerds arguing with one another in a forum of a game some don't even play anymore (which is even crazier).

If you think ONLY China in "Asia" has a totalitarian style government that controls the information that goes to the world concerning their affairs, then you are so ignorant on the topic you should stop commenting. Subtract Japan if that makes you feel better, my statement is still true.

I don't give a ***about your mask crusade. You framed it in a, "this country/leader is failing" way, so don't now try and lessen it to just your concern with people wearing masks, cut yourself down off that cross you're putting yourself on.

Bottom line, the VAST majority of masks available to the public (at least in the US) WILL NOT stop you from contracting a virus, period. It says so right on the damn box. The manufacturers of the masks even acknowledge this. You'd have to have some kind of, air intake HEPA filtration mask setup to do that, which some cost $70 or more (I do woodworking, I know about masks). That being said, YES, wearing one of the over the counter masks MAY help you to not spread an airborne contaminate to others IF you already have something, but it won't stop you from contracting it. I'm all for every person in America wearing one, just in case...but it is NOT an inaccurate statement for Trump or Pence or f'n Micky Mouse to say wearing one won't help you from contracting covid-19. Period.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Afania 2020-03-31 20:29:59
Link | Citer | R

Dude, I never said YOU started blasting on countries and their leaders....but you sure seem offended by my assertion so.....musta been you? I'm not about to waste my time reading back 4 or 5 pages of nonsense of nerds arguing with one another in a forum of a game some don't even play anymore (which is even crazier).

If you think ONLY China in "Asia" has a totalitarian style government that controls the information that goes to the world concerning their affairs, then you are so ignorant on the topic you should stop commenting. Subtract Japan if that makes you feel better, my statement is still true.

I don't give a ***about your mask crusade. You framed it in a, "this country/leader is failing" way, so don't now try and lessen it to just your concern with people wearing masks, cut yourself down off that cross you're putting yourself on.

Bottom line, the VAST majority of masks available to the public (at least in the US) WILL NOT stop you from contracting a virus, period. It says so right on the damn box. The manufacturers of the masks even acknowledge this. You'd have to have some kind of, air intake HEPA filtration mask setup to do that, which some cost $70 or more (I do woodworking, I know about masks). That being said, YES, wearing one of the over the counter masks MAY help you to not spread an airborne contaminate to others IF you already have something, but it won't stop you from contracting it. I'm all for every person in America wearing one, just in case...but it is NOT an inaccurate statement for Trump or Pence or f'n Micky Mouse to say wearing one won't help you from contracting covid-19. Period.

I didn't say "only" China in Asia has a totalitarian style government either...

This is my statement:
China can't represent entire Asia

That does not have equal meaning as:
All Asian countries are democracy except China.

There are 48 countries in Asia and they are ALL very, very, very different. Not possible to generalize them in anyway.

I never say a thing about the leader, just CDC. I used "government" to describe CDC because AFAIK they are in charge when it comes to disease control.

I don't know why people are offended, it wasn't even toward entire country nor specific leader. I didn't even mention Trump. Just the government, CDC to be exact, and I only focus on certain things that's currently not working. If you think it's against the entire country/or leader then you read it wrong.
By Shichishito 2020-03-31 20:34:41
Link | Citer | R

Freehugs said: »
Just wrap your face in toilet paper. You can show dominance and keep yourself safe.
extra dominance points if you use this one:
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
Serveur: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2020-04-01 09:38:01
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Bismarck.Laurelli
Serveur: Bismarck
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2020-04-01 13:16:59
Link | Citer | R

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/01/asia/coronavirus-mask-messaging-intl-hnk/index.html

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/01/politics/trump-coronavirus-masks/index.html
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-04-01 13:17:46
Link | Citer | R

Not a huge surprise, but here's an article coming out of Bloomberg:

China Concealed Extent of Virus Outbreak, U.S. Intelligence Says

And suspected others:

Quote:
China isn’t the only country with suspect public reporting. Western officials have pointed to Iran, Russia, Indonesia and especially North Korea, which has not reported a single case of the disease, as probable under-counts. Others including Saudi Arabia and Egypt may also be playing down their numbers.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-04-01 13:19:06
Link | Citer | R

Looks like Florida has finally issued a state wide shelter in place order as well. Weeks after letting the Spring Breakers do whatever they want and get infected.

It also looks like the Trump admin is getting ready to flip flop on the mask situation. Seeing reports that the CDC is prepping to recommend all Americans wear masks when they leave the home.
 Odin.Senaki
Serveur: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2020-04-01 13:30:45
Link | Citer | R

Viciouss said: »
Looks like Florida has finally issued a state wide shelter in place order as well. Weeks after letting the Spring Breakers do whatever they want and get infected.

The Florida situation was unbelievable. Allowing students to come to the state from all over the country and interact with one another, and then head back to their own states will prove to have only further spread the virus. I understand that a large part of Florida's GDP is gained by hospitality, but that was ridiculous. The governor was being irresponsible and has knowingly endangered the whole country while prioritizing money over human lives.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-04-01 13:34:21
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Senaki said: »
Viciouss said: »

The Florida situation was unbelievable. Allowing students to come to the state from all over the country and interact with one another, and then head back to their own states will prove to have only further spread the virus. I understand that a large part of Florida's GDP is gained by hospitality, but that was ridiculous. The governor was being irresponsible and has knowingly endangered the whole country while prioritizing money over human lives.

We have had the same problems in Texas, South Padre was blowing up all month, the most they did was limit gatherings of 10 people or less. The governor wouldn't even call his stay at home order a stay at home order, it didn't even make sense. The Republicans close to Trump have just refused to stray too far away from him.
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-01 16:37:55
Link | Citer | R

The only thing keeping humans sane during a pandemic... drugs.

Trump: we're going to stop that, no fun allowed

The war on drugs has gone so well so far, why not doubledown on it right.
[+]
 Shiva.Arislan
Serveur: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2020-04-01 16:47:08
Link | Citer | R

kireek said: »
I wish the media would put 10% of the hatred they have for Trump into attacking China, it's disgusting how much of a free pass they are getting. I really worry after this is all over we won't take them to task for this.

It's not just the corporate MSM... WHO/UN is busy toeing the CCP party line too:

YouTube Video Placeholder
By Viciouss 2020-04-01 17:00:57
Link | Citer | R

You can read MSM articles slamming China everyday, kireek is just pretending they don't exist.
 Shiva.Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2020-04-01 18:43:18
Link | Citer | R

This is how it's done folks:

YouTube Video Placeholder

- Temperature test on deplane,
- Covid Test taken before you leave the airport,
- State provides private car from airport to your home,
- Mandatory 14-day quarantine,
- Healthcare worker visits you on first day, provides you w/ 14-pack of medical masks,
- Quarantine compliance is monitored thru mobile phone GPS,
- All active Covid cases registered in public database,
- Phone app letting people know where PPE are in stock,
- National law requiring hospitals to stockpile PPE,
- Responded early, didn't trust China/WHO.

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Draugo
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-04-01 19:47:20
Link | Citer | R

Oh hey what's going..... /dip
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-04-01 21:07:22
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
The only thing keeping humans sane during a pandemic... drugs.

Trump: we're going to stop that, no fun allowed

The war on drugs has gone so well so far, why not doubledown on it right.

https://www.westword.com/marijuana/recreational-dispensaries-are-considered-essential-in-colorado-11676219

Dis how we roll. Essential baby.
 Shiva.Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2020-04-01 23:10:47
Link | Citer | R

DirectX said: »
Isn't this Taiwan's life story?

You'd be surprised at the number of people in Taiwan today who would still happily throw democracy away just to become another Hong Kong.

Luckily that mindset is growing increasingly marginalized as the CCP keeps showing everybody what sacks of ***they are.
First Page 2 3 ... 39 40 41 ... 129 130 131