The Odyssey - || Strategy and Discussion ||
First Page 2 3 ... 241 242
 Asura.Melliny
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: melphina
By Asura.Melliny 2024-06-21 09:35:01
Link | Citer | R

Dirge is a wasted song on Arebati. Hover shot caps -enmity down by itself and the corsair shouldn't be able to do enough damage to reach the hate cap before the ranger (hover shot really is amazing). The buff potency could also have been off in addition to the songs themselves. Most of the time when a minnie is up it means a dummy song got left on the table, so the bard might not have swapped correctly and that could have affected potency as well. 40-50k damage numbers can easily turn into 15k's when buffs are bad. That lion has stupidly high defenses. Bad buffs are a run ender on him.
 Bahamut.Greyfawkz
Serveur: Bahamut
user: gymj1m
By Bahamut.Greyfawkz 2024-06-21 10:06:29
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, something is off. Either hovershot is dropping or buffs are bad. My last v20 Arebati ws average was 36k (includes the dinky wildfires for AM)and i think last stand was around 45-47k.

I do hold TP and ride AM3 though, so ws'ing at like 2-3k tp

edit: geo is not Igeo either
[+]
By K123 2024-06-21 10:10:08
Link | Citer | R

I was considering holding TP as well, but regardless than run had no chance. It was 65% with about 4mins left when the RUN died. I'm sure it would need to be about 40% with that amount of time left to clear.
 Shiva.Thorny
Serveur: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-06-21 11:15:28
Link | Citer | R

Multiple people have mentioned hover shot, but I don't see any comment from K123 about it. There's no level correction, so the difference between 15k and 40k is far greater than minuet3 + indi-AGI would account for. If soul voice wasn't used, maybe. But, that kind of difference in damage screams 'no hover shot' to me.

Asura.Melliny said: »
40-50k damage numbers can easily turn into 15k's when buffs are bad.
W/o level correction, that would require having like 3500 attack. He said he had fury, honor, and 2 minuets.. I don't see it. He didn't explicitly confirm chaos, but I guess it could've been missing.. seems unlikely. Maybe if every song was in the wrong instrument, the geo was casting with no geomancy+, nobody used 1hrs, etc. But, no hover shot is a straight half, that takes 40k down to 20k and the buffs make up the rest.
[+]
By Nariont 2024-06-21 11:20:13
Link | Citer | R

Beat me to it, was gonna ask if hover shot was being used and if you were moving constantly to keep it active
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-06-21 11:23:50
Link | Citer | R

Case resolved everybody! The PLD (or SCH) let the RUN die, the BRD and GEO both *** up their buffs, and the RNG wasn't using hover shot (properly).

Turns out there's a reason PUGs can't beat V20 fights.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-06-21 12:59:42
Link | Citer | R

Maletaru after one PUG: “wow this *** sucks ***”
 Fenrir.Richybear
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2024-06-21 13:22:56
Link | Citer | R

Just say no to PUGs

Asura, not even once.
 Phoenix.Iocus
Serveur: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-06-21 13:35:16
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Richybear said: »
Just say no to PUGs

Asura, not even once.

Even 1 hit of PUG-cocaine could kill you!
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-06-21 13:43:48
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
Maletaru after one PUG: “wow this *** sucks ***”

I play this game to make friends, chat with them, and accomplish goals together. I don't play it so I can hit groupfinder and join random people I've never met before and know nothing about and attempt to do difficult things with them. This sounds like a recipe for disaster. I can't imagine doing this as someone who also has no idea what half the people in the party are supposed to be doing or how they're supposed to do it.
By jubes 2024-06-21 14:54:12
Link | Citer | R

there's like 1 person who shouts for v25 fights on Asura, and it takes them hours to fill if ever, most PUG groups are for segments and Sortie 8 boss. but even most statics follow the first proven strats though, with only slight modifications, so it isn't unreasonable to expect 10k segments or 8 boss clears with good success rates. PUGs aren't just for people with no friends or skills, some simply can't commit to the time required of a daily event or specific time.
[+]
By buttplug 2024-06-21 20:44:25
Link | Citer | R

Pick up groups are my way of life... Probably have played with most on the server... Cleared V20 with pick up groups... Maybe it's time to show Charmghost & Haurow how it's done... Those two have been shouting for years now lol...
By K123 2024-06-22 02:28:41
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
Case resolved everybody! The PLD (or SCH) let the RUN die, the BRD and GEO both *** up their buffs, and the RNG wasn't using hover shot (properly).

Turns out there's a reason PUGs can't beat V20 fights.
I have T1+T2 V25 and all T3+T4 V20 clears in pug on main char, and all that except Arebati on my second character. Many people have T3 V25 clears in pug, but mostly Kalunga and Ngai. The RUN dying is irrelevant to the fact we weren't meeting the DPS requirement, which is what I asked about.

Forgot to mention Chaos roll, and like Thorny says, it is clearly not the buff issue that would cause me to do half the expected damage so I don't know what was going on to be doing 16-17k generally. I need to drop the 60M to R15 Foma for sure, and I just made emp+3 feet. I was trying to move every shot, but I haven't properly played RNG in forever - before hover shot was added.
[+]
By buttplug 2024-06-22 14:29:02
Link | Citer | R

Most of the players on Asura are big cry babies... Grown people literally with tears streaming down there face because they missed a Sortie boss or some stupid ***... Even content like Ambuscade where there's no real penalty they still whine... I can't play with that person... Did you check there gear?... I only agree with 15/16 slots... Did you see there ammo slot? What a noob... The last linkshell I joined the leader was some fascist POS... If you didn't do what they said you got kicked... The weird thing about it was there was some weird e-*** hierarchy that just rolled over on command... They act like the game is shutting down next week or something... Even though most of them have been glued to there screens going on 3 decades lol...
By Ranoutofspace 2024-06-23 05:42:25
Link | Citer | R

Aren't you the same dude who told someone to drop dead cause they said your gear sets sucked?
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-06-23 09:45:25
Link | Citer | R

Not to put too fine a point on it, but I also disagree with 10/15 slots of your TP set so...maybe it wasn't a single piece that caused you to be criticized? Could be worth taking that criticism to heart, maybe you could improve your results.

You seem like a lot of fun to play with though, shame about how everyone else sucks...
First Page 2 3 ... 241 242