Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Odyssey » The Odyssey - || Strategy and Discussion ||
The Odyssey - || Strategy and Discussion ||
First Page 2 3 ... 237 238 239 240
By K123 2024-03-19 08:58:49
Link | Citer | R

I think PLD is the most serious point of failure but it's not something I could gear quickly if Burtgang was essential. All other T3 I've done (some V25). I left Arebati to last because I expected it to be the hardest. Mboze is fine with BST and BLU, Ngai still horrible though.
By SimonSes 2024-03-19 09:01:17
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
I mean to be technical about it, the exact same thing can be said about PLD not being able to remain second on hate list. Both methods can be messed up due to lack of player skill or inexperience. That's the point of these fights at V20/25. They are highly stressful and complicated battles, players make mistakes, they are not all sure things that you "can't mess up" and everything goes right, especially for less experienced groups. I'll even go on to say that the Shadowbind method is safer and easier to apply for newer, less experienced players

It's not even in the same realm of skill to control and calculate hate you have, when you also need to cure RUN, which also gives enmity and keep yourself exactly between RUN and DDs. Not to mention it will varies, because sometimes Arebati can be mean and spam the worst tp moves and suddenly you will need to cure more.
While using shadowbind is simple click on the ability and tab to right target (if you don't trust F8 to select right target).

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Your statement about it "not making sense not to apply [Shadowbind]" is just your opinion/preference.

This is not opinion, this is fact. Shadowbind might not be required, but it won't do any harm and will always help. In "best case scenario" PLD will have up to 1 minute+ more until add will start to smack it (which is especially welcomed on 2nd add on V25 if your PLD doesn't have Ochain/Duban). In worse case scenario it will give PLD time to take hate off DD. There is no scenario were properly used Shadowbind can bring negative effects, so there is no sense not to use it.

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
That said, the caper period can be a bit stressful and the pig can *** people up in the mean time.

Another scenario where Shadowbind makes it super easy. Shadowbind the pig and instead of party running away, RUN runs away with Arebati and you can safely caper hate from pig to BRD.
[+]
By Nariont 2024-03-19 09:40:13
Link | Citer | R

K123 said: »
I think PLD is the most serious point of failure but it's not something I could gear quickly if Burtgang was essential.

Personally cant see burt being a requirement for holding a singular mob that you're likely going to be blocking the majority of hits from
[+]
By Godfry 2024-03-19 10:03:09
Link | Citer | R

Nariont said: »
I think PLD is the most serious point of failure but it's not something I could gear quickly if Burtgang was essential.

Personally cant see burt being a requirement for holding a singular mob that you're likely going to be blocking the majority of hits from

Have you been there on PLD, personally, with defense down aura? You will see a sure win slip out in fraction of seconds.

I'd not risk an arebati v25 clear on a person who didn't put the effort into making burt. What are you making ultimate weapons for if not for these situations?
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Serveur: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-03-19 10:21:50
Link | Citer | R

Godfry said: »

Have you been there on PLD, personally, with defense down aura? You will see a sure win slip out in fraction of seconds.

I'd not risk an arebati v25 clear on a person who didn't put the effort into making burt. What are you making ultimate weapons for if not for these situations?

He's talking about V20, not V25. If you die in a fraction of seconds to a single pig on V20 while blocking (probably with Reprisal up), Burtgang ain't gonna save you.
[+]
By Taint 2024-03-19 10:30:26
Link | Citer | R

Burt is an emnity tool. The block rate on Dubin makes that extra PDT2 negligible.

Moralltach C or Excal would probably work just as well or better.
[+]
By Godfry 2024-03-19 10:39:39
Link | Citer | R

He's talking about V20, not V25. If you die in a fraction of seconds to a single pig on V20 while blocking (probably with Reprisal up), Burtgang ain't gonna save you.

He never said he was talking about V20. His reply is to K123 that is actually referencing V25 and Burtgang.

There was another reference to bard holding one of the adds so, even in V25 the PLD could be tanking just one add.

Seems like you haven't changed huh, Maletaru?
By Nariont 2024-03-19 10:42:02
Link | Citer | R

If you do Arebati V20 as RUN PLD RNG COR BRD SCH, how does the PLD stay above hate of the RNG to the point that they can drag the pet away?

Unless hes now shifted to doing V25, we're still on V20
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-03-19 10:42:35
Link | Citer | R

He never said he was talking about V20. His reply is to K123 that is actually referencing V25 and Burtgang.

If you do Arebati V20 as RUN PLD RNG COR BRD SCH, how does the PLD stay above hate of the RNG to the point that they can drag the pet away?

Well at V20 even with Master level 40+ on the RNG+COR I can say for sure that RUN PLD SCH BRD COR RNG doesn't work as I hoped it would. You definitely need a GEO.

25 isn't on my radar any time soon.

What are you on about?
By Godfry 2024-03-19 10:50:49
Link | Citer | R

Exactly what you did above.

My comment was to a reply that referenced V25s and Burtgang. I was not replying to the whole thread.

Burtgang is not a requirement for V20 (we didn't even use PLD), but it is for V25.

Move on buddy.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-03-19 10:55:05
Link | Citer | R

My comment was to a reply that referenced V25s and Burtgang. I was not replying to the whole thread.

Who referenced V25?

K123 (guy working on V20 Arebati): I'm not going to be able to build a PLD if it requires Burtgang
Nariont (in reply to K123): It's not required because you'll be blocking a single mob
You: Bringing up V25 strategies.
Me: This conversation is about V20, it will be fine
You: I was replying to a guy talking about V25

What the hell are you talking about?

Would you like to quote the person who was talking about BRD kiting 1/2 the adds in V25 as well, because I think I missed that.

You're misunderstanding the entire flow of the conversation, and I politely pointed that out. You don't have to get your panties in a twist because you were wrong, it's fine.
By K123 2024-03-19 10:58:10
Link | Citer | R

I was thinking about making a Duban since I'm sitting on 1m galli but really have no intention of becoming a PLD any time soon. I'll just have to get lucky with a PLD next time. Rest is all fine.

I really thought with power creep it would be possible to get away with no GEO but I don't think it is.
By Godfry 2024-03-19 11:02:24
Link | Citer | R

Who referenced V25?

K123 (guy working on V20 Arebati): I'm not going to be able to build a PLD if it requires Burtgang
Nariont (in reply to K123): It's not required because you'll be blocking a single mob
You: Bringing up V25 strategies.
Me: This conversation is about V20, it will be fine
You: I was replying to a guy talking about V25

What the hell are you talking about?

Would you like to quote the person who was talking about BRD kiting 1/2 the adds in V25 as well, because I think I missed that.

You're misunderstanding the entire flow of the conversation, and I politely pointed that out. You don't have to get your panties in a twist because you were wrong, it's fine.

I know if it's up to you we would fill this thread with another 50 back and forth. So, i'm just gonna end it with a, again, Move on Buddy, comment.
By Godfry 2024-03-19 11:04:43
Link | Citer | R

I was thinking about making a Duban since I'm sitting on 1m galli but really have no intention of becoming a PLD any time soon. I'll just have to get lucky with a PLD next time. Rest is all fine.

I really thought with power creep it would be possible to get away with no GEO but I don't think it is.

Are you in Asura and need a PLD? I can help. If you guys have the other jobs I can probably come SCH and just take the hits myself so you don't lose geo.
By Nariont 2024-03-19 11:06:45
Link | Citer | R

I was thinking about making a Duban since I'm sitting on 1m galli but really have no intention of becoming a PLD any time soon.

Dubans a weird one in that its biggest increase is from S1 to S2, not to downplay the remaining stages but 20k to get essentially a better ochain is pretty silly

Really should have been a S3 and up effect, but not gonna complain about being able to skip an aby farm
[+]
By K123 2024-03-19 11:58:17
Link | Citer | R

I was thinking about making a Duban since I'm sitting on 1m galli but really have no intention of becoming a PLD any time soon.

Dubans a weird one in that its biggest increase is from S1 to S2, not to downplay the remaining stages but 20k to get essentially a better ochain is pretty silly

Really should have been a S3 and up effect, but not gonna complain about being able to skip an aby farm
I meant the 1m stage. Does that help much beyond the previous stage or only gets the MDT?
By K123 2024-03-19 11:59:44
Link | Citer | R

Are you in Asura and need a PLD? I can help. If you guys have the other jobs I can probably come SCH and just take the hits myself so you don't lose geo.
How can you tank pet on SCH? It stomped my RDM in a split second. Not sure how much DT was on, could have been caught in enfeebling miscast.
By Nariont 2024-03-19 12:16:21
Link | Citer | R

I meant the 1m stage. Does that help much beyond the previous stage or only gets the MDT?

It certainly helps, mdt2 15, vit/mnd/eva/meva and a bit more shield skill, but it gains its size 6 property at s2 which is its main function as that what gives it the insane block rate, most cases where magic is the primary concern, aegis is going to be doing most of the work.
By K123 2024-03-19 13:57:24
Link | Citer | R

It certainly helps, mdt2 15, vit/mnd/eva/meva and a bit more shield skill, but it gains its size 6 property at s2 which is its main function as that what gives it the insane block rate, most cases where magic is the primary concern, aegis is going to be doing most of the work.
I meant specifically for the pig, does the rest change much for V20?
By Nariont 2024-03-19 14:19:07
Link | Citer | R

Someone can correct me if im mistaken but no, pigs all phys so the mdt aspect doesnt effect too much for that specifically
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2024-03-19 16:47:19
Link | Citer | R

I have a RUN that held solid hate when rng cor had dirge and RUN had sirvente. As long as I can find a good PLD I think I'll be fine with RUN PLD RNG COR BRD GEO.

I feel so useless on BRD outside of reapplying songs to RUN though, I could definitely kite pig but can't imagine how it would be better than using PLD.

Having been the RUN tanking Arribati, I can say the BRD spamming songs on me wasn't useless. Sirvente + Ice Carol II + Ballad III (eventually) makes tanking that guy much less stressful.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2024-03-19 16:49:40
Link | Citer | R

Someone can correct me if im mistaken but no, pigs all phys so the mdt aspect doesnt effect too much for that specifically

Yes Pig is just a really mean physical machine of hasted triple attack nastiness. A good Paladin can laugh at them, provided the Pig is in the frontal arc.
By Godfry 2024-03-19 18:36:16
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Saevel said: »
I have a RUN that held solid hate when rng cor had dirge and RUN had sirvente. As long as I can find a good PLD I think I'll be fine with RUN PLD RNG COR BRD GEO.

I feel so useless on BRD outside of reapplying songs to RUN though, I could definitely kite pig but can't imagine how it would be better than using PLD.

Having been the RUN tanking Arribati, I can say the BRD spamming songs on me wasn't useless. Sirvente + Ice Carol II + Ballad III (eventually) makes tanking that guy much less stressful.

Indeed. How many times was I close to dying, full dispel on magic defense down, only to see carols saving my freezing butt.
[+]
 Asura.Warmoose
user: Hillclimb
By Asura.Warmoose 2024-03-20 10:11:56
Link | Citer | R

I'd also add that RNG normally doesn't have enmity issues if using annihilator until 30-40%. Can probably forego dirge on RNG since hovershot can hit the -50 enmity cap(unless hovershot is outside of the minus enmity cap somehow), and -25 on annihilator. Can just keep dirge on COR, to keep RNGs DPS up. So Minuet x 3, and AGI etudes x 2

If the PLD can get hate on add right off the bat.. I'd save capers for 40%, that way the RNG can get his enmity ceiling wiped and go crazy from 40% on down, or swap to Gandiva from 25% on down.

With a SCH and PLD, RUN should be sitting in a really good spot. PLD solo heals RUN np on v25, tanking two adds, and no sch. So if you die on RUN on a V20, there's other issues(the sch literally has nothing to do but cure, capers, and tabula)
By K123 2024-03-20 11:31:52
Link | Citer | R

Doesn't HM give more attack than Minuet 3?
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-03-20 11:38:17
Link | Citer | R

Yes, Honor March gives more attack than any Minuet other than V. I would also suggest that Hmarch (or Minuet III) gives more damage than an AGI Etude, though admittedly I'm not sure what Arebati's DEF is to know whether or not a RNG could hit the attack cap on him. Even still, in that scenario I would think that Aria > second AGI etude regardless.

For V25 we use HMarch, 3 minuet, 1 AGI etude on RNG, swap the etude for Dirge on COR.

If you aren't confident your RNG can keep up stacks of Hover Shot, safer to just give him Dirge to be safe. If you know they're going to keep HS up and stacks going, can give him the AGI Etude for more damage
[+]
 Shiva.Flowen
Serveur: Shiva
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2024-03-20 12:39:27
Link | Citer | R

For anyone struggling with Mboze v25, we tried a set up I havent seen used exactly before, but it had such good synergy it made it feel kind of easy. We even won with a few mins left with attack down aura after 40%.

KI1: RUN, BST, SMN, GEO, SAM, RDM

- RUN get 3k TP with lycurgos before entry. After SMN does warcry and TP bonus buffs, RUN prepares runes for a water rayke and pulls mboze, and holds it without engaging. RDM debuffs (frazzle, silence, para, dia) and can buff/heal ppl as needed. Water rayke > SAM konzen > rana for darkness, BST mb purulent ooze for 10% hp down. SMN mewing.

- BST switches to beetle pet, uses killer instinct. Then gets leech out with call beast. RUN uses armor break, then maintains hate without engaging (can switch epeo). SAM can now start dding. DRK would work well here too - DRK attack advantage but SAM has a good SB to TP/WS ratio. SAM ate pukatrice egg +1 for att/sb and altered set to cap SB in TP and WS. BST and SMN alternate tp drainkiss and mewing, RDM keeps up debuff. Can apogee warcry/tp bonus if needs renewing, otherwise very steady. Sam can just ageha when armor break wears.

- GEO used geo-fury, indi-haste, entrust-frailty. BOG > bolster > BOG. If your geo needs sp1 for ki2 job, bolster isnt needed.

- RUN can stop hate nearer 75%, allowing SAM to tank Mboze. This means add will spawn on the RUN. If you want to you can tp add and ws boss at this stage, but under 75% going into KI2 is not required at all.

KI2: BLU, WAR, COR, BRD, PLD, WHM

- Songs were HM, Min x 3, Herc etude. Rolls Crooked chaos and sam. Usual whm buffs (full time auspice essential). Blu diamondhide, mighty guard (kept up full time with resets) and can phenilune embrace the war (unless its a new moon dont bother). BRD SV wind thren 2 under nitro at start to help armor break (War got 3k tp in lobby to armor break after invincible before switching to ikenga axe), silent storm, reaving and tickle.

- Recommended pull: Pld flash mboze to pull it, then war can voke mboze to get hate (pld still second on hate list) and hit it to spawn add on to the PLD.

- One of the funnest fights on BLU. Silent storm, tenebral crush or tourbillon under wisdom (after armor break), feather tickle and reaving wind so they are never off cooldown, mighty guard party, nat. med. yourself (and I diffusion this when we hit attack down aura and mighty guard was already maintainable for the rest of the fight), white wind support when needed, diamondhide when you have time so stoneskin prevents some tp gain, melee add and expacion boss (set had added sb). Used cocoon before adds popped. Sudden lunge landed on add to control it for a few secs but not required. Used crepe des rois, kept up battery charge, used emp+3 body in hybrid set and called for devotion to ensure always had mp (but i didnt need any viles like this so probably not all needed).

- PLD tanks both adds, can atonement them to solidify hate. Can majesty cure if needed. BRD, COR, WAR, BLU all meleeing add and ws boss, with 12/13 SB1 in tp and ws sets to make 50 with auspice, pukatrice egg/+1 and gear. COR and BRD savage blade, War used ikenga's axe, BLU expacion. Can wait for higher tp to limit tp feed on boss. If hate is strong on adds PLD could knights of round mboze also, but this is not required for dps check. War calls for rd/wc/rd to maximize ja's, keeping up tomahawk, warcry as much as pos etc. Blu leverages resets to full time mighty guard.

- WHM dia mboze, para adds, single target big cures prefered for more cureskin (preventing tp from hitting dmg), keeps up ausp/boost/hastes, devotion blu. High priority to paralyna BLU, as paralyzed reaving/tickle could be run ending.

Very limited RNG to deal with as no TP moves go off, and can probably handle any aura besides macc down under 40%. As I said we won with attack down under 40%, and Macc 75 to 40% is workable with SV wind thren 2 on. Meva down annoying due to add status ailments.
[+]
 Asura.Warmoose
user: Hillclimb
By Asura.Warmoose 2024-03-20 13:31:30
Link | Citer | R

Doesn't HM give more attack than Minuet 3?

Sorry. I assume when minuet x 3, HM being one of them is implied. But you are correct.
user: Raytheon
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2024-03-20 13:39:50
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flowen said: »
with 12/13 SB1 in tp and ws sets to make 50 with auspice

I think you need 21 SB1 to hit cap from Auspice + Ebers Duckbills +3 granting 29.

Sounds like it didn't matter though, nice write-up and congrats on your clear :)
 Shiva.Flowen
Serveur: Shiva
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2024-03-20 13:44:16
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Clintbeastwood said: »
I think you need 21 SB1 to hit cap from Auspice + Ebers Duckbills +3 granting 29.

That's right if you use another attack food, but as mentioned we used the pukatrice eggs for the remaining 8 (or 9 for a HQ) sb. Might be better off with adding another piece for 21 sb and using soy ramen or another big attack food if gear options allow without significant wsd drops, but the eggs worked well
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 237 238 239 240