Forum » FFXI » Odyssey » The Odyssey - || Strategy and Discussion ||
The Odyssey - || Strategy and Discussion ||
First Page 2 3 ... 198 199 200 ... 242 243 244
By SimonSes 2022-12-15 09:35:18
Link | Citer | R

Vaerix said: »
SimonSes said: »
Simon Post

So did your team test any non-A2 Resistances in any attempt? Or just Savage seemed easiest particularly because it's the slashing weakness?

We are still at A1, we makes runs 4 days a week, so we only had one so far. I was just theorycrafting the best approach that I could think of. I haven't tested resistances. Savage is there for highest DPS slashing option for those jobs. Great Axe can't compete without hasso, but I would do Armor Break or Full Break on Chapuli for sure, before switching to Naegling.
 Asura.Sechs
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-12-15 11:13:48
Link | Citer | R

I fear I'm doing something wrong with Gloios, the Sheol A version of Garbage Gel.
Despite being on first floor, 50% DT, Gallant's Roll, Protect5 and cocoon up, I got hit for 2,2k by Fluid Spread.

Should I give up tryin to solo this guy?
Or maybe try with Trusts and SCH landing a good Ionohelix2? I dunno.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-12-15 11:16:20
Link | Citer | R

I guess I'm not sure but I always assume it's a hybrid move so mdt matters too. (I mean it's throwing water...)

Shadows work wonderfully.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-12-15 11:20:40
Link | Citer | R

I had capped MDT as well, Shell5 and Mighty Guard up, that's MDB+15 IIR.

Sounds like that much damage should be off for what is supposed to be an ilevel 122 NM >_>
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-12-15 11:22:52
Link | Citer | R

Utsusemi makes it trivial, could always stun it too.

Spread is ridiculously strong on this guy for whatever reason. It was really obnoxious figuring out a way to ef the unm.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-12-15 11:30:55
Link | Citer | R

Fluid Spread
Asura.Sechs said: »
I had capped MDT as well, Shell5 and Mighty Guard up, that's MDB+15 IIR.

Sounds like that much damage should be off for what is supposed to be an ilevel 122 NM >_>

Fluid Toss is physical not magic, it can also crit and do dumb damage. Did he have mighty strikes or some other super move up?
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2022-12-15 11:31:54
Link | Citer | R

Does Fluid Spread not wipe blink like most aoe TP moves do? I would assume it would ignore and wipe blink, and only get blocked by Utsusemi. I haven't fought a slime with blink on recently, but I'm fairly positive that Occultation would reduce Fluid Spread damage by exactly 0.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-12-15 11:33:27
Link | Citer | R

To survive that move you want to stack a ton of defense, 1500+ should be enough to reduce it's damage to manageable levels. People get all hung up on "50% DT!!!" without realizing it's only part of the biggest equation.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-12-15 11:41:42
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Saevel said: »
To survive that move you want to stack a ton of defense, 1500+ should be enough to reduce it's damage to manageable levels. People get all hung up on "50% DT!!!" without realizing it's only part of the biggest equation.
I said I had Gallant's Roll and cocoon up, in addition to Mighty Guard and Protect5.
I didn't check my DEF values but they surely were pretty high with all those buffs.

Still hit me for >2.2k.
Gloios was at ~35% HP by then.
 Asura.Hya
user: HyaAsura
By Asura.Hya 2022-12-15 11:45:13
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Saevel said: »
I said I had Gallant's Roll and cocoon up, in addition to Mighty Guard and Protect5.
I didn't check my DEF values but they surely were pretty high with all those buffs.

Still hit me for >2.2k.
Gloios was at ~35% HP by then.
It likely had Mighty Strikes up. Having 3+ Shadows/full Blink should prevent the damage. When we were farming A's NMs for Moogle Mastery, I (WHM) would apply Accession+Blink and Accession+Divine Seal+Cure 4 for as much cureskin as possible. Depending on your group DPS, you can just WS it down before it gets a TP move off, but better safe than sorry.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-12-15 11:49:20
Link | Citer | R

My Group's DPS = my dps, I was solo with trusts :-P
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-12-15 11:54:39
Link | Citer | R

My Group's DPS = my dps, I was solo with trusts :-P
What job were you? Gloios is a warrior and as Saevel said, fluid toss/spread is all physical damage. Mdt does nothing for it.

Anyways, the best way to solo this is in ninja, just like Garbage gel. He takes insane damage from magic, and average from hybrid. You could do something simple like metsu x 2 to double burst ice. Or kamu-shun burst fire. It dies stupid fast if you do it this way and there's virtually zero threat since Ninja has all of the subtle blow and shadows to survive everything. Plus Migawari ensures you can eat one move. This is how I did ask of my Gloios clears back when A came out.

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/33470/the-sealed-dagger-a-ninja-guide/193/#3530350

In fact I suggested two years ago to not even melee him, just nuke him without engaging.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-12-15 11:56:14
Link | Citer | R

While spread gets listed as physical, it's literally water.

I've never cared enough to verify it but that's always made me wonder. As a hybrid to move that explains massive damage.

Fluid toss is water but fluid spread isn't. Seems incorrect.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-12-15 11:58:24
Link | Citer | R

And Mijin Gakure is literally fire. Game doesn't have to make sense
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-12-15 11:58:34
Link | Citer | R

I think the massive damage in my case was more that spread happening during Mighty Strikes...
Meh, I hate not being on BLU but I guess I'll have to deal with it and try out on NIN, heh.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-12-15 11:58:36
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Occultation should make it trivial
Asura.Hya said: »
Having 3+ Shadows/full Blink should prevent the damage.

Blink gets wiped by aoes
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-12-15 11:59:54
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Prothescar said: »

Blink gets wiped by aoes

Spread is one of those that takes multiple shadows but doesn't wipe shadows. Utsusemi for sure, not sure with occ.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-12-15 12:00:36
Link | Citer | R

I think the massive damage in my case was more that spread happening during Mighty Strikes...
Meh, I hate not being on BLU but I guess I'll have to deal with it and try out on NIN, heh.

I mean blue can just sub Ninja if you really want protection, you can equally nuke him as well. Probably better than Ninja can even. He doesn't have a lot of health and a few 5/5empy nukes should take him out while feeding minimal tp
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-12-15 12:01:31
Link | Citer | R

Blink gets wiped by aoes

Spread is one of those that takes multiple shadows but doesn't wipe shadows. Utsusemi for sure, not sure with occ.

It works the same way for everything. Blink does not absorb AoEs. Copy Image and Blink are not the same thing
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-12-15 12:02:13
Link | Citer | R

Blink gets wiped by aoes

No fluid spread is a physical aoe move. Any physical area move wipes blink, but shadows absorb based on hits. For example battle dance wipes blink but will only hit one shadow of utsusemi. They are functionally different shadows
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-12-15 12:04:10
Link | Citer | R

They work differently for single target too. Multi hits will always eat only 1 blink shadow whereas they will eat 1 utsusemi shadow per hit that you don't evade

Third eye and blink are more similar than blink and utsu. Only difference for third eye is that it only works for physical attacks whereas blink also works on spells.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-12-15 12:05:34
Link | Citer | R

While spread gets listed as physical, it's literally water.

I've never cared enough to verify it but that's always made me wonder. As a hybrid to move that explains massive damage.

Fluid toss is water but fluid spread isn't. Seems incorrect.
Fluid toss is not water as in magical, it's categorized as physical. Fluid spread is also physical. The magical move that slimes use is Digest. Fluid toss might have a reverberation or water element SC property though
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-12-15 12:07:00
Link | Citer | R

Then blu/nin cause utsusemi works
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-12-15 12:08:48
Link | Citer | R

All the other spreads have an element. So. I mean.

Fluid Toss: Deals water damage
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-12-15 12:14:48
Link | Citer | R

Yeah so there are different subspecies within a family, right?

The base slimes (the black ones) are warriors apparently. Their toss moves are physical. The ones in that screenshot are from the Clot subspecies within the slime family. I think they were introduced in ToAU (the yellowish orange purple mix ones). I don't know what job they are coded as, but they are probably some mage so their toss moves are probably magical. That's the difference
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-12-15 12:16:25
Link | Citer | R

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Category:Slime
 Fenrir.Ahlen
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Ahlen
By Fenrir.Ahlen 2022-12-15 12:16:31
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »
Bahamut.Belkin said: »
Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
Wait, what? Arebati isn't affected by the WS wall? Are you not using any WS on Arebati, just white damage from shooting? Because for every run I've been on, we've been using WS every 2 seconds on both COR and RNG.

I could see Arebati being impacted less by the WS wall, but obviously the WS wall still exists here. COR damage is kinda fart noise to begin with, they can just stop WSing. Even a state-of-the-art COR is barely pushing 30% overall damage on an Arebati. The RNG is the star of the show. A bulk of RNG damage is white damage/empyrean crits. The RNG would definitely want to be the one WSing every 10 seconds though, which isn't even necessarily a bad thing, as you would end up getting 2500+ TP for every WS. And you can use Rogue's Roll now instead of Samurai.

Though, RNG and damage in general won't be the problem with Arebati. It'll be the two pigs from Hell running roughshod on your bootyhole.

RNG shouldnt WS. COR should.
RNG not WSing is still massive DPS. COR should WS, because it looses much more damage not WSing. Also the even more important thing is hate. If you let RNG do 90% of damage (and it will be like that with COR not WSing), then you will reach hate cap twice (before and after Caper Emissarius) on RNG and you will die in worst moment. It was already a close call at V20.
I can do 75k+ last stands on arebati as ranger its hard to break 30k on cor. Ill just let my arma cor shoot.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-12-15 12:17:18
Link | Citer | R

All the other spreads have an element. So. I mean.

Fluid Toss: Deals water damage

Yeah wiki is not the bible. It's edited by players. The BEASTMASTER guide lists them as physical and PDT cuts the damage of fluid toss/spread. You can go test it if you want
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-12-15 12:19:03
Link | Citer | R

Pdt cuts hybrid damage, yes, of course

And hybrids are physical, they don't magic burst. Also yes.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-12-15 12:27:06
Link | Citer | R

I mean I know you want to be right because being incorrect is something you would never admit to doing, and you can debate the nomenclature, but other verifiable sources have listed these moves as physical (and not hybrid) for a long time. The JP wiki lists both moves as "physical damage", and list other abilities that are hybrid with a different character/classification

http://wiki.ffo.jp/html/2477.html

If you want to go out and test it and show us that mdt cuts the damage, I would be happy to see it.
First Page 2 3 ... 198 199 200 ... 242 243 244