Link | Citer | R

inb4 new Salvage bans.
[+]
 Asura.Jinbe
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Jinbe 2021-05-21 04:08:40
Link | Citer | R

Hello, was wondering what is the best setup for Mboze v15 and what buffs, been wiping to this for a while...
thanks in advance
 Bahamut.Belkin
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2021-05-21 07:57:34
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Jinbe said: »
Hello, was wondering what is the best setup for Mboze v15 and what buffs, been wiping to this for a while...
thanks in advance

PLD, SAM (or DRK), WHM, BRD, COR, GEO

The DD stacks as much subtle blow as they can. It's rather easy to reach the cap of 50% SB1 with WHM Auspice. BRD Honor March, Victory March, Minuet 5, Minuet 4, Dirge. COR does Samurai & Chaos roll. GEO Indi-Regen, Geo-Fury.

We had tried maybe 5-6 times, all ending to Timber/Uproot bullshittery. Not from the TP move itself, but an immediate auto attack or something afterward. We were mitigating Timber properly, but if everybody isn't topped off when it happens, they are one auto attack away from death after a TP move that resets hate. This led to both the SAM and PLD taking one whack and falling over.

In my mind, the thing that finally got us over that particular hump was Indi-Regen. The benefit is two-fold. First, it keeps you topped off thru all of your gearswaps without any added responsibility for the WHM. And when I say topped off, I mean TOPPED OFF. If anybody gearswap takes them from 100% to 94% HP for any reason when Timber happens, they are just dead, even if they were topped off seconds prior. With everybody swapping gear at all times, the WHM would literally need to sit there spamming Curaga 1 at all times to keep everybody properly topped off. Indi-Regen keeps people topped off passively. Second, after the Timber lands, you'll get an immediate tick of regen before Mboze swings at somebody, potentially saving their life. Quite frankly, we tried a gamut of other GEO buffs prior to regen and nothing really made any sort of difference when it came to mitigating damage or shortening the fight.

The PLD is out of indi-regen range, so WHM kept Regen IV on him solo. I would say Regen IV could work for everybody, but since no SCH subjob to accession, the upkeep required to keep short *** WHM regen on everybody is a bit too taxing in such a busy fight. What a shame it would be for somebody to die while WHM was busy regen-ing somebody.

We still did utilize Rampart > Random Deal > Rampart > Wild Card > Rampart > Random Deal > Rampart.

Our SAM used Fusenaikyo for a couple fights, but the damage is quite lackluster compared to Masamune R15. We found ourselves a bit pressed for time with Fusenaikyo, especially if Attack Down aura rolls out. We found that Masamune with capped subtle blow ended up being just fine for a rather girthy increase in DPS.

We did have our COR fight and savage blade in as much subtle blow as possible. I'm not sure it's 100% necessary if you use Masamune, but we had been sweating on the time aspect. If you use Fusenaikyo, you might be short on DPS without the COR meleeing. But what's the point of using Fusenaikyo for subtle blow if you have another DD whacking it anyway? It offsets all the benefits of Fusenaikyo. COR just turned after Uproot so SAM could multi-step.

But anyway, Indi Regen, I'm ride or die for it on Mboze. Maybe it was a fluke that we happened to win on the Indi Regen attempt, but I'm convinced that saved our lives because we lived thru about 3 Timbers.
[+]
 Asura.Jinbe
By Asura.Jinbe 2021-05-21 08:11:23
Link | Citer | R

yesterday we a attempted Mboze w/o scherzo and cor & drk got 1 shot from Uproot at 70~%
 Bahamut.Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2021-05-21 08:45:51
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Jinbe said: »
yesterday we a attempted Mboze w/o scherzo and cor & drk got 1 shot from Uproot at 70~%

Maybe we did use Scherzo, I don't remember, I wasn't the BRD. If we did, we would've dropped Minuet 3 for it.

Perhaps an error in the posting on my part. What GEO buffs did you use?
 Asura.Jinbe
By Asura.Jinbe 2021-05-21 09:27:26
Link | Citer | R

geo fury indi str entrust attu
 Bahamut.Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2021-05-21 10:07:19
Link | Citer | R

Switch Indi STR to Indi Regen and see if you notice any difference.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-05-21 10:11:58
Link | Citer | R

while the discussion is on Mboze, any testimonials on PUP tanking? Our group got our V15 win on him prior to Amplifier release with a more predictable setup (PLD DRK SMN COR GEO WHM), but of course interested in trying to just make it more reliable vs betting on Random Deal resets, etc.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-05-21 10:32:08
Link | Citer | R

Aerix said: »
inb4 new Salvage bans.

I was on the fence about a possible salvage style ban for asylum exploit, but I'm almost confident there will be zero repercussions from using the amplifier to fulfill the requirements solo for 3k points minimum.

There's nothing being done that actually violates the spirit of the event, and you've used your own segments to fund the process. Furthermore, for people who have capped or near capped Moogle Mastery, soloing v15 is a completely viable strategy. Whether you win or not is another story, but the game awards you for trying, so there's an argument to be made that SE encourages you to solo it with Moogle Mastery bonus. If that's your only option. I see absolutely no reason why they would ban you for playing the event within the confines of their own restrictions.

Inb4 "SE can ban you for anything"
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-05-21 10:45:51
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
but the game awards you for trying, so there's an argument to be made that SE encourages you to solo it with Moogle Mastery bonus.

That's a very fair point, since the only real benefits of Moogle Mastery in Gaol happen when you're not in a full party.

This is also why we need a better localization team for update notes, releases. We're having to often google translate releases that affect more non-japanese speaking players than those who speak the company's native tongue, and confusion happens. We can't even be sure when something like this is discovered if its intended or a glitch.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-05-21 10:55:24
Link | Citer | R

If I had to guess, I'm sure SE did not "intend" for you to do 3 fights and intentionally time out after becoming eligible for RP to activate the amplifier, and then intentionally time out on the boosted next amplifier for a huge chunk. They obviously want you to try the event. They wouldn't have included all of these support and repeating job restrictions if they wanted to hand out free points. But the amplifier was meant to help everybody, not just those who can kill the bosses. So it's probably intended, but they never thought players would deliberately game the system for "good enough" points.

Nobody better ever say "R20 augments are unrealistic" anymore. Every player can do this regardless of skill. Just bring reraises and invest one hour (that's a long time for 3000 points, though. Which is something to consider).
[+]
By Aerix 2021-05-21 11:04:25
Link | Citer | R

inb4 new Salvage bans.

I was on the fence about a possible salvage style ban for asylum exploit, but I'm almost confident there will be zero repercussions from using the amplifier to fulfill the requirements solo for 3k points minimum.

There's nothing being done that actually violates the spirit of the event, and you've used your own segments to fund the process. Furthermore, for people who have capped or near capped Moogle Mastery, soloing v15 is a completely viable strategy. Whether you win or not is another story, but the game awards you for trying, so there's an argument to be made that SE encourages you to solo it with Moogle Mastery bonus. If that's your only option. I see absolutely no reason why they would ban you for playing the event within the confines of their own restrictions.

I like how you argued seriously with my joke post. I don't think SE will ban anyone for this either, I was just being facetious.
 Asura.Friedrik
user: Friedrik
By Asura.Friedrik 2021-05-21 11:11:02
Link | Citer | R

We're talking about SE here, is it really that much of a joke post?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-05-21 11:29:17
Link | Citer | R

inb4 new Salvage bans.

I like how you argued seriously with my joke post. I don't think SE will ban anyone for this either, I was just being facetious.

Oh, I knew you were being facetious, but it's worth outlining the details for context, because people read and talk (offline, discords). Some people really would read your comment and think it is ban-worthy, especially if they have 2-strikes. We just talked a few pages back about Entrust/Asylum, and someone reported Asylum as a glitch on OF. So it's not unreasonable for someone to think you COULD get banned for this. Personally, I see zero chance of it happening, but I still don't think SE would want players to actually do this either
 Shiva.Thorny
Serveur: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-05-21 11:44:33
Link | Citer | R

Pretty horrible mistake there, they almost entirely invalidated being able to actually fight the content. I don't think they'd ban for it, but I don't know what else they will do either. A few weeks of this going unpatched and people will have all their gear maxed and content that was meant to last probably another 6 months will be dead. This is not a win for the playerbase.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2021-05-21 12:09:12
Link | Citer | R

Guess they forgot to tell the amplifier to multiply fail state RP and it just multiplies the full reward regardless. Big oof on that.
By RadialArcana 2021-05-21 14:06:48
Link | Citer | R

Taking advantage of bugs to cap out on gear fast is kind of dumb, I guess it's the kind of thing you just have to learn why yourself though.

It's not fun to login and have nothing left to work on.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-05-21 14:18:28
Link | Citer | R

RadialArcana said: »
Taking advantage of bugs to cap out on gear fast is kind of dumb, I guess it's the kind of thing you just have to learn why yourself though.

I think for many its a tough balance. For many of the people in the predicament you mention (logging on with nothing to do), this game long ago became about "being first" more than enjoying the game. And that's the only enjoyment left.
[+]
By alamihgo 2021-05-21 14:30:17
Link | Citer | R

RadialArcana said: »

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/55467/mastery-rank-data/
[+]
 Lakshmi.Watusa
user: Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2021-05-21 15:59:41
Link | Citer | R

Friend of mine just got hit with a 30 day suspension after running the glitch last night soooooo yeah, they are banning for this. Don't risk it.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-05-21 16:03:42
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Watusa said: »
Friend of mine just got hit with a 30 day suspension after running the glitch last night soooooo yeah, they are banning for this. Don't risk it.

Assuming you mean 3, and I doubt it. It was thursday. Typical cheating/botting ban. Unrelated.

(*)I still wouldn't do it anyway, if you care about the possibility. Because there is absolutely a non-zero chance of a ban for it.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-05-21 16:07:08
Link | Citer | R

The guy said 30 and said the email mentioned rolling back augments. We are of course hesitant to believe till he screenshots the email.
 Bahamut.Balduran
user: balduran
By Bahamut.Balduran 2021-05-21 16:07:50
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Watusa said: »

Odd, how can they distinguish between a legit party actually making the attempt and someone deliberately using the exploit.

I just don't see how this is possible, unless there is something else to the story.

As a matter of fact, the Japanese group I ran with last Thursday actually attempted the the NMs in the following order Bumba > U Bnai > Kalunga.

We cleared Bumba, then melted through U Bnai with MB, and lastly gave Kalunga a try with different setup. All of that and none of us was genuinely aware this exploit existed. Guess I should be glad none of us had our hopes up and used an amp.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-05-21 16:16:59
Link | Citer | R

He just said he would take a screenshot when home from work. So until then it's non-news
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-05-21 16:33:09
Link | Citer | R

Interesting. Not calling anybody a liar, but it's hard to believe this can be related. Rolling back augments? I'm skeptical. they didn't even remove any of the duped materials/medals way back. And it's far from an exploit. Asylum is an exploit. For all players are aware, this is standard Gaol behavior and nobody would know it's illegitimate unless they came out and told us.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2021-05-21 16:45:50
Link | Citer | R

So using amp and then time out=ban? what
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-05-21 16:47:27
Link | Citer | R

30 day ban is... new. And a rollback is actual effort.

You can understand the skepticism.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 130 131 132 ... 242 243 244