Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Odyssey » The Odyssey - || Strategy and Discussion ||
The Odyssey - || Strategy and Discussion ||
First Page 2 3 ... 129 130 131 ... 242 243 244
By Taint 2021-05-19 06:47:32
Link | Citer | R

PUP can solo Mboze t0? Tiimber doesn’t wreck the automation?
 Asura.Sechs
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-05-19 07:02:38
Link | Citer | R

Does he even use Tiiimbeeer on V0?
 Bahamut.Justthetip
Serveur: Bahamut
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2021-05-19 07:37:09
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
Yes he does just not as much compared to v15. Also someone said drg but the drg pet wouldn't make it long it can barely make it during namis wave 3 if aoes happen.

Edit: then again with pet strat you wouldn't feed it much tp til 50% then he starts to no care anymore about mewing in v15.
[+]
 Bahamut.Yukisoba
user: Yukisoba
By Bahamut.Yukisoba 2021-05-19 08:09:00
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Justthetip said: »
the drg pet wouldn't make it long it can barely make it during namis wave 3 if aoes happen.
If by "barely make it" you mean it sits at 99% HP the entire W3, then yeah, that's true.
By Taint 2021-05-19 08:26:38
Link | Citer | R

Right at 49% in my solo experience lol.

My PUG group didn’t get one until 10% though.

It PUP can solo I can get wins for my mules which would
Be great.
 Asura.Bixbite
By Asura.Bixbite 2021-05-19 08:29:32
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Bixbite said: »
I've not done any v15 so I can't give pet damage numbers for that fight.
I posted in the other thread.
Was hitting for like 6k but my gear is not BiS though.
SC damage sucks, it's not the pet's SC damage that sucks, it's SC damage in general that sucks on Mboze.

Buffs were Crooked Beast Roll and Drachen Roll, Dia3.
Oh also Akamochi or whatever the name is, the food that gives Acc/Att.

Maneuvers were, uhm, Light, Fire and Thunder?
And the setup whoa, I'm not really sure because I tested various things, I think the best results were with this though

My gear is "okaysh" but not ideal either, I was probably using this set:

So yeah, clearly not BiS gear, but not too bad either I guess?
In 3 minutes of Overdrive I managed to take off like 2-3% of Mboze health, but this is not particularly relevant because the pet died multiple times (was the only one engaged and in range).

If i used that equipment set, that attachment set and those maneuvers my damage would drop significantly in V0 as well. Xiucoatl alone is +25% damage. Dynamo and Double ten springs are wasted attachment slots. Steam jacket is mandatory to survive Gaol bosses.

Fire Thunder Light is good during overdrive. But the best damage for Valoredge outside of 1hr is triple fire Chimera Ripper with tp bonus or a triple fire Bone Crusher forced by a skillchain (due to inhibitor/speedloader.) Triple fire causes a ton of burden and requires a full overload reduction set with Kenkoken.

You said that it was just your pet tanking and dealing damage. Then it would destroyed when overdrive goes down. Can't really as pup do both maximum pet damage and be able to tank hard hitting bosses when overdrive goes down.
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2021-05-19 08:37:30
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Yukisoba said: »
the drg pet wouldn't make it long it can barely make it during namis wave 3 if aoes happen.
If by "barely make it" you mean it sits at 99% HP the entire W3, then yeah, that's true.
Ninja blows up it alive? Crazy you got a strong pet. Aside from that it was an example for something they could possibly kill a dragon pet. Idk how much hp the dragon has but idk if gonna be able to eat couple canos if done back to back. I'm sure I'm wrong though
 Bahamut.Suph
user: Suph
By Bahamut.Suph 2021-05-19 08:54:05
Link | Citer | R

Ninja blows up it alive?

Your wyvern tank Dyna D wave 3?

Volte Ninja's Mijin is single target
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-05-19 09:09:07
Link | Citer | R

Slightly back on topic, the wyvern is still pretty squishy in Atonement 3/4 fights. I have consistently lost mine during Xevioso, and a DRG I group with always loses his during Bumba. I am sure you could make some sacrifices in your hybrid/ws sets to keep some damage away from your pet, and Spirit Bond does allow you to have another heal for your wyvern, at the expense of your own safety. Though, with the Nyame meva set as a whole, it would be worth it to probably sit in that set, with drg neck and relic legs/hands if you want.
[+]
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2021-05-19 09:33:31
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Suph said: »
Ninja blows up it alive?

No ***I'm talking before the wave 3 Ninjas the normal mobs do aoe. Which is why I referenced aoes... The confuse is from me waking wave 3 when I should've said all over dynamis
 Bahamut.Yukisoba
user: Yukisoba
By Bahamut.Yukisoba 2021-05-19 10:25:36
Link | Citer | R

Ninja blows up it alive?

No ***I'm talking before the wave 3 Ninjas the normal mobs do aoe. Which is why I referenced aoes... The confuse is from me waking wave 3 when I should've said all over dynamis
We generally one-shot the NINs in W1 and W2, outside special cases like in bastok, then I just Leg Sweep > Stardiver once or twice and it's dead before it comes out of the stun. Even if one random Mijin in W1/W2 goes off, wyvern lives with over half health if it's topped off.
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2021-05-19 10:41:12
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Yukisoba said: »
Ninja blows up it alive?

We generally one-shot the NINs in W1 and W2, outside special cases like in bastok, then I just Leg Sweep > Stardiver once or twice and it's dead before it comes out of the stun. Even if one random Mijin in W1/W2 goes off, wyvern lives with over half health if it's topped off.
Yea same here was just giving more of a scenario where pet could die that I notice happens as the aoes hits gonna be about the same. Someone kinda already hit on it that pet kinda get wrecked like I thought. In the right pt setup it shouldn't be bad til about 25%ish
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-05-19 14:02:53
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Bixbite said: »
Then it would destroyed when overdrive goes down. Can't really as pup do both maximum pet damage and be able to tank hard hitting bosses when overdrive goes down.
I think you're misunderstanding Bixbite, please allow me to explain better the context of my previous post.
We weren't doing Mboze V15 with me on PUP.
We wiped with Mboze at like 7% and we decided to use another Moglophone, which forced us to go on different jobs.
We were hoping overdrive would've managed to take off that 7% but damage was really bad, as I said WSs were doing like ~6k.
We weren't planning to use PUP outside of Overdrive, we were counting on those 3.5 mins to be enough XD
By ikudosi 2021-05-19 14:46:01
Link | Citer | R

Most likely you were using a ranger setup with that kind of damage on overdrive. For Mboze you have to use VE/VE and force it either string shredder or chimera ripper. I was able to solo Mboze w/ trusts on overdrive using that setup.
 Asura.Bixbite
By Asura.Bixbite 2021-05-19 16:25:35
Link | Citer | R

If you used a Steam Jacket which is imo a mandatory attachment in all puppet builds. Maybe a Mana Jammer 4 as well. Your Pet would probably of lived.

Steam Jacket quickly maximizes puppet's defenses, especially if the enemy repeatedly uses magic based attacks like the Goal T3, T4 NMs. Tension Springs, Dynamo are worthless attachments.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-05-19 17:00:27
Link | Citer | R

ikudosi said: »
Most likely you were using a ranger setup with that kind of damage on overdrive. For Mboze you have to use VE/VE and force it either string shredder or chimera ripper. I was able to solo Mboze w/ trusts on overdrive using that setup.
Nope I didn't go for either of my RNG setups, I went specifically for a full Valoredge setup because I wanted slashed damage. Piercing works bad on Mboze.
 Carbuncle.Papesse
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2021-05-20 19:27:31
Link | Citer | R

I don't think this has been mentioned yet. The moogle amplifier actually gives RP*2 (RP*8 with the bonus) and it is not required to defeat a boss to earn them, just need to deal enough damage to be eligible for RP and wait the time out.

V15 Mboze was at 78% when I got kicked out.
[+]
By alamihgo 2021-05-20 21:36:22
Link | Citer | R

This is either a bug or an extremely solo-friendly approach to Odyssey.

88% solo with trusts.
 Sylph.Ticktick
Serveur: Sylph
user: mofat
By Sylph.Ticktick 2021-05-20 21:52:03
Link | Citer | R

so instead of
(normal reward)*3 or *9
it's
(normal reward) + ((max reward)*2 or *8)
?

sounds like a bug
 Odin.Senaki
Serveur: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2021-05-20 21:59:13
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Ticktick said: »
so instead of
(normal reward)*3 or *9
it's
(normal reward) + ((max reward)*2 or *8)
?

sounds like a bug

I'm confused, what are they saying is triggering this? Because I've not seen it.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-05-20 22:11:18
Link | Citer | R

Didn't we talk about this earlier?

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Not that it would be practical, but you could just enter some A1s on V15 and deliberately time out solo to activate your bonus, then join a group for one boss for a boosted value. This would work out especially for people who have excess segments but not a group that can clear 3 in one visit. Cheap hack to maintain boosted status on your own

Didn't realize this would work even if you didn't beat the boss though. That sounds extremely broken. So you can just keep repeating this process solo for close to capped points, without doing much of anything. Lol
By alamihgo 2021-05-20 22:13:11
Link | Citer | R

Enter solo with mog amp and 9x effect active > do trivial damage to NM > survive for 15 minutes > cash out with an apparent minimum 3k RP.

Not saying you should get your tree RP now, but...
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-05-20 22:15:03
Link | Citer | R

Just add it to the list of things wrong with Odyssey since launch.
 Odin.Senaki
Serveur: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2021-05-20 22:15:59
Link | Citer | R

alamihgo said: »
Enter solo with mog amp and 9x effect active > do trivial damage to NM > survive for 15 minutes > cash out with an apparent minimum 3k RP.

So the method to level up the amplifier is to get 3 consecutive fights on V15 while within Ody without leaving?

Or can you do 1 fight -> use mogolophone to leave -> re enter and still level it up?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-05-20 22:18:48
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Senaki said: »
So the method to level up the amplifier is to get 3 consecutive fights on V15 while within Ody without leaving?

You can do it on any difficulty, it takes the average of the three fights.

Leveling up to "9x" bonus only requires you earn RP on three separate bosses in one visit. You don't even have to kill it (we mentioned this a few pages ago and I just quoted it).

Looks like they messed up by using this logic because they didn't adjust it for actually killing a boss. You only get an extra 392 for killing it, but over 3k for simply dealing damage, plus the difference of HP (formula) remaining. Basically, just amplifying the amplifier on your previous visit gives you 8x bonus. Period.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Serveur: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-05-20 22:20:30
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Papesse said: »
I don't think this has been mentioned yet. The moogle amplifier actually gives RP*2 (RP*8 with the bonus) and it is not required to defeat a boss to earn them, just need to deal enough damage to be eligible for RP and wait the time out.

Think I'm gonna blow a few segments tomorrow for science. Do 10~20% dmg on Kalunga and Twilight Helm+Mail my way to 3K points. XD
By alamihgo 2021-05-20 22:20:31
Link | Citer | R

MOOGLE MASTERY CONFIRMED TO BOOST YOUR RP SOLO<call4>
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-05-20 22:22:04
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Brahmsz said: »
Carbuncle.Papesse said: »

Think I'm gonna blow a few segments tomorrow for science. Do 10~20% dmg on Kalunga and Twilight Helm+Mail my way to 3K points. XD

*Checks list of jobs on twilight*
Ezpz
 Asura.Bixbite
By Asura.Bixbite 2021-05-20 22:24:47
Link | Citer | R

alamihgo said: »

You could sell some RP with this method.
By Serjero 2021-05-20 23:02:09
Link | Citer | R

So correct me if I'm wrong on this, but you could in theory go in pop an amp, do some damage, time out for ~900 RP, do this twice more on stuff you want to RP, then go back in and have a boosted amplifier for say Bumba, and repeat the process again, effectively leveling 3 pieces at once if you wanted. While maxing out most likely Nyame at a blazing rate. Though the segment cost is like 13500/run this way not sure if that would be more or less effective in the grand scheme of things. But this way you're like what 4 runs to R20 a single piece w/ the boosted amp, 14 runs on the other pieces so you can in theory max 5/5 Nyame in 20 runs and 2 other pieces with a kickstart to another 2.

At least until they patch this.
First Page 2 3 ... 129 130 131 ... 242 243 244