Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » December 2019 Version Update
December 2019 Version Update
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 10 11 12
By Unzero 2019-12-10 00:32:58
Link | Citer | R

For Torcleaver Spam does that STR/VIT/WSD earring directly replace Ishvara? And you keep Moonshade on?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-12-10 00:33:10
Link | Citer | R

Would have been better if they gave us that new orb stats on a shuriken really. We can’t benefit from that and have to settle for seki. Whatever. Still waiting for the “one size fits all” shuriken that covers every stat so we never have to hear complaints about blinking again.

That SIRD belt is very very good. Ninja overcaps casting speed by a lot and does not have access to a FC belt anyways so it’sa great slot for it. Pld /run as well. No idea why monk/war is on it though.

That enmity decrease item looks incredibly useful. Probably adds 8 to the normal enmity decay rate on your CE/VE. I really like niche pieces like that which encourage strategic gearing over just straight dps increases
By SimonSes 2019-12-10 00:33:22
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Kaht said: »
SimonSes said: »
Wtf are people calling rip on Reiki. Reiki is 7dw and new belt is 4dw. All jobs /nin require 11dw, thf main 6dw, blu main usually 11 or 6. Reiki + Eabani covers 11 dw nicely. Reiki alone covers 6dw. This new belt doesnt really fit anything unless Im missing something.

I was thinking the exact same thing. I guess you could use adhemar body + new belt if you don't mind being 1 dw short, and that frees up both ear slots...

Yeah but I would rather wear suppanomimi then and not be 1 dw short and free up waist. There are better waists alternatives (windbuffet +1) than earrings.
By Draylo 2019-12-10 00:33:48
Link | Citer | R

Damn, forgot to spend ambuscade points
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2019-12-10 00:35:42
Link | Citer | R

Draylo said: »

PSA, Bonanza Marble sales end in another hour and a half too. Though, at least on not-mules, with all this new gear not wasting 10 inventory spots for a month might be worth a rank 3 prize.
[+]
By SimonSes 2019-12-10 00:37:01
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »

PSA, Bonanza Marble sales end in another hour and a half too. Though, at least on not-mules, with all this new gear not wasting 10 inventory spots for a month might be worth a rank 3 prize.

Next Bonanza rank 1 prize: Access to wardrobe 5
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2019-12-10 00:37:48
Link | Citer | R

Oh and since I luv ya so much Capuchin:

Incoming Rank 2 prize: Wardrobe 5. Get the privilege to pay only 9.99/month for Wardrobe 5! Will be released to general public with release of Empy+2/+3 gear in 2022 because its a nice "eleveny" number!
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2019-12-10 00:40:01
Link | Citer | R

Wtf are people calling rip on Reiki. Reiki is 7dw and new belt is 4dw. All jobs /nin require 11dw, thf main 6dw, blu main usually 11 or 6. Reiki + Eabani covers 11 dw nicely. Reiki alone covers 6dw. This new belt doesnt really fit anything unless Im missing something.
it opens up several options depending on available gear or augments. excluding DW taeon or herculean blu now has two new options for 11 DW, ~31 is also a good set to aim for as BLU with flutter giving 30% haste alone.
Code
{'head': {'Head_None': 0}, 'body': {'Adhemar Jacket +1': 6}, 'hands': {'Hands_None': 0}, 'legs': {'Legs_None': 0}, 'feet': {'Feet_None': 0}, 'waist': {'Waist_None': 0}, 'ear': {'Suppanomimi': 5}, 'back': {'Back_None': 0}} 

{'head': {'Head_None': 0}, 'body': {'Body_None': 0}, 'hands': {'Hands_None': 0}, 'legs': {'Carmine Cuisses +1': 6}, 'feet': {'Feet_None': 0}, 'waist': {'Waist_None': 0}, 'ear': {'Suppanomimi': 5}, 'back': {'Back_None': 0}} 

{'head': {'Head_None': 0}, 'body': {'Body_None': 0}, 'hands': {'Hands_None': 0}, 'legs': {'Legs_None': 0}, 'feet': {'Rawhide Boots': 3}, 'waist': {'Gerdr Belt +1': 4}, 'ear': {'Eabani Earring': 4}, 'back': {'Back_None': 0}} 

{'head': {'Head_None': 0}, 'body': {'Body_None': 0}, 'hands': {'Hands_None': 0}, 'legs': {'Legs_None': 0}, 'feet': {'Feet_None': 0}, 'waist': {'Shetal Stone': 6}, 'ear': {'Suppanomimi': 5}, 'back': {'Back_None': 0}} 

{'head': {'Head_None': 0}, 'body': {'Body_None': 0}, 'hands': {'Hands_None': 0}, 'legs': {'Legs_None': 0}, 'feet': {'Feet_None': 0}, 'waist': {'Reiki Yotai': 7}, 'ear': {'Eabani Earring': 4}, 'back': {'Back_None': 0}} 

{'head': {'Head_None': 0}, 'body': {'Body_None': 0}, 'hands': {'Hands_None': 0}, 'legs': {'Legs_None': 0}, 'feet': {'Feet_None': 0}, 'waist': {'Gerdr Belt +1': 4}, 'ear': {'Dudgeon+Heartseeker': 7}, 'back': {'Back_None': 0}} 
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-12-10 00:40:11
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Kaht said: »

I was thinking the exact same thing. I guess you could use adhemar body + new belt if you don't mind being 1 dw short, and that frees up both ear slots...

Yeah but I would rather wear suppanomimi then and not be 1 dw short and free up waist. There are better waists alternatives (windbuffet +1) than earrings.

Can fit that belt in with haste samba 1, no?
 Asura.Aeonova
Serveur: Asura
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2019-12-10 00:41:36
Link | Citer | R

From what I heard, Domain Invasion (Quetzalcoatl in particular) was botted out all to **** on Asura so this is kind of a nice change that there will only be one dragon up and they go in an order. Not sure about all that lesser stuff and killshots meaning anything, but I guess it'll just be better to jump right in and try it out.

Also, does the recast and duration of this seem backwards? I would totally expect a 3 minute recast ja with a 60 second duration instead of how it's listed.

[+]
By Aerix 2019-12-10 00:44:21
Link | Citer | R

It means you are supposed to fulltime it, but if you get dispelled right after usage you are still slightly penalized. Or maybe they made a mistake in the patch notes.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-12-10 00:46:02
Link | Citer | R

If that were the case it would be 2 hour duration like a stance.

Recast is crazy low for an excuse to say "see it has an enmity producing JA"
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2019-12-10 00:47:03
Link | Citer | R

now that the post-coital glow has worn off....

1. Will Majesty result in increased MP cost for the -aga effect, or will it just be a penalty-free perma-Accession?

2. Will the new Domain Invasion "break the cap" on bead rewards if it appears that each encounter could take longer and not have a time limit? Will the bead reward method remain the same? (ie only at the conclusion rather than throughout in incremental amounts)

3. Was this honestly an update to DRK or just a change to a weapon class?
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2019-12-10 00:48:48
Link | Citer | R

So full time divine seal curagas for PLD? I guess that's one way to do it. Feels more like they messed up if I were to play the odds. Wonder if the JP version update notes look the same, but I don't know where to look; not do I speak any Japanese.

Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »

They said in the little video that it would be for the weapon class so anyone wearing an Ambuscade scythe will basically benefit because "we felt DRK was working as intended aka balanced". They literally said, in the translated text, that in not so many words. Not really sure if DRK or BST got the bigger thicker girthier shaft in the job adjustments, but I do know those are the two worst.

BALANCE!!!
[+]
By Tarage 2019-12-10 00:50:53
Link | Citer | R

Don't *** scare me like that, though thank you for the reminder. According to the Japanese website it actually ends tomorrow night.

http://www.playonline.com/ff11/guide/mogbon/index.html
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2019-12-10 00:52:19
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Aeonova said: »

They said in the little video that it would be for the weapon class so anyone wearing an Ambuscade scythe will basically benefit because "we felt DRK was working as intended aka balanced". They literally said, in the translated text, that in not so many words.

My biggest question prior to tonight was whether it would be a change to the weapon class scythe or something special done/added to DRK to make THEIR use of scythes preferred. I guess this is more subtle, and the overall job of DRK I would agree doesn't need great changes.
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2019-12-10 00:53:44
Link | Citer | R

DRK didn't get shafted for job adjustments. The job as a whole is in a really really good place. Scythes were the only "underperforming" aspect. And as such were adjusted.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-12-10 00:54:52
Link | Citer | R

As a warrior clone yeah DRK is fine, it could really use adjustments toward being an actual caster-melee...... but yeah. That's not really a "drk specific" thing that needs to be adjusted.
[+]
 Bahamut.Minimuse
user: grumpette
By Bahamut.Minimuse 2019-12-10 00:55:56
Link | Citer | R

Arma was already the best hybrid style weapon out there for RNG and COR, allowing success in both physical and magical WSs. Now, it just got even nastier.

I haven't been playing quite as much RNG these days (not for lack of love, just harder to get my friends to do pew pew setups for anything), but man... I was farming all my own detritus to R15 Armageddon on a leisurely path, bout to hit R10 now. And I kinda want to just go buy the rest the instant the servers go live and have a blast, well, BLASTING some DI mobs for the next several weeks.

Mine's R13 right now, knocking on the door for 14. All of a sudden find myself being pulled other directions for at least getting things to R10, so been sitting there a while. But let me say, if you ever have the chance to do an Wave3 run with full magical buffs/debuffs, going WF spam is pretty damn crazy fun.

And arma has become my primary solo weapon these days since introducing the RP system. Having 3 WSs for either job that deal high dmg (either WF,TF,Last Stand or WF,Leaden,Last Stand) is really freeing and keeps you flexible.

Farmed all my detritus to R15 Arma a couple of months ago. I wanted to be a purist and see how long it would take me to farm Arma from scratch, including all the Heavy Metal (during a VW campaign month). 3 weeks from start to finish. I did cheat by buying a couple of stacks of riftborn.

That new bullet is going to make COR Aeolian Edge even more potent as well. I helped another LS clear Wave3 this past weekend. I stayed on the Boss 100% and helped them kill off the adds after they took care of any SMN and BST Volte. Potent COR Aeolian Edges cut through adds like butter.
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2019-12-10 00:58:31
Link | Citer | R

oh now with pictures! SHINY!!!

serious though Aeonova- ty for the answer w/ info :)

(Watching the most recent episode of "His Dark Materials"...not startin that video up)
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Negan
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2019-12-10 00:59:25
Link | Citer | R

serious though Aeonova- NO MEMES??!?
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Javarr
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Javarr 2019-12-10 01:00:39
Link | Citer | R

Knew I forgot something.... Oh well +10 inventory cause I never get anything good out of that mess....

But Altana, PLEASE let that ammo not be Rare... My TF is ready for those rounds... yes... (And my Yomi wants those arrows. lol)
By Aerix 2019-12-10 01:01:39
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
If that were the case it would be 2 hour duration like a stance.

Recast is crazy low for an excuse to say "see it has an enmity producing JA"

Hasso/Seigan are 5 min duration, 60s recast as well. Not sure why you think stances have to be 2 hours duration.

I also checked the JP notes and the duration/recast for Majesty is not a typo.
[+]
By SimonSes 2019-12-10 01:03:35
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Austar said: »
it opens up several options depending on available gear or augments. excluding DW taeon or herculean blu now has two new options for 11 DW, ~31 is also a good set to aim for as BLU with flutter giving 30% haste alone.
Code
{'head': {'Head_None': 0}, 'body': {'Adhemar Jacket +1': 6}, 'hands': {'Hands_None': 0}, 'legs': {'Legs_None': 0}, 'feet': {'Feet_None': 0}, 'waist': {'Waist_None': 0}, 'ear': {'Suppanomimi': 5}, 'back': {'Back_None': 0}} 

{'head': {'Head_None': 0}, 'body': {'Body_None': 0}, 'hands': {'Hands_None': 0}, 'legs': {'Carmine Cuisses +1': 6}, 'feet': {'Feet_None': 0}, 'waist': {'Waist_None': 0}, 'ear': {'Suppanomimi': 5}, 'back': {'Back_None': 0}} 

{'head': {'Head_None': 0}, 'body': {'Body_None': 0}, 'hands': {'Hands_None': 0}, 'legs': {'Legs_None': 0}, 'feet': {'Rawhide Boots': 3}, 'waist': {'Gerdr Belt +1': 4}, 'ear': {'Eabani Earring': 4}, 'back': {'Back_None': 0}} 

{'head': {'Head_None': 0}, 'body': {'Body_None': 0}, 'hands': {'Hands_None': 0}, 'legs': {'Legs_None': 0}, 'feet': {'Feet_None': 0}, 'waist': {'Shetal Stone': 6}, 'ear': {'Suppanomimi': 5}, 'back': {'Back_None': 0}} 

{'head': {'Head_None': 0}, 'body': {'Body_None': 0}, 'hands': {'Hands_None': 0}, 'legs': {'Legs_None': 0}, 'feet': {'Feet_None': 0}, 'waist': {'Reiki Yotai': 7}, 'ear': {'Eabani Earring': 4}, 'back': {'Back_None': 0}} 

{'head': {'Head_None': 0}, 'body': {'Body_None': 0}, 'hands': {'Hands_None': 0}, 'legs': {'Legs_None': 0}, 'feet': {'Feet_None': 0}, 'waist': {'Gerdr Belt +1': 4}, 'ear': {'Dudgeon+Heartseeker': 7}, 'back': {'Back_None': 0}} 

Cool in theory, but imo I can hardly find it practical for anything, unless you really have some killer herculean DM augment with DW that pairs well with this new belt.

Going for 31%DW is a niche thing. You would rather use MG to cap haste and if you are forced to go for 31%DW, then Reiki is even better anyway.
By cuddlyhamster 2019-12-10 01:04:09
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Dexterm said: »
Tarage said: »

Don't *** scare me like that, though thank you for the reminder. According to the Japanese website it actually ends tomorrow night.

http://www.playonline.com/ff11/guide/mogbon/index.html

How many ppl I've seen say marbles end tonight. 08:00 GMT 11 December = 2 AM December 11th CST. That is Tuesday night(if you're a late night person)/Wednesday morning. Whatever you want to call it.

people are getting their information from the english website.
http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/guide/mogbon/index.html
says on there: Marble sales period: Sunday, November 10, 2019, at 12:00 a.m. (PST) to Tuesday, December 10 at the same hour.
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2019-12-10 01:08:02
Link | Citer | R

Yngvi Earring
DEF:17 Enmity-5 "Regen"+2 Boosts enmity decrease +8

Interesting earring.
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2019-12-10 01:08:58
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Aeonova said: »
So full time divine seal curagas for PLD? I guess that's one way to do it. Feels more like they messed up if I were to play the odds. Wonder if the JP version update notes look the same, but I don't know where to look; not do I speak any Japanese.

They said in the little video that it would be for the weapon class so anyone wearing an Ambuscade scythe will basically benefit because "we felt DRK was working as intended aka balanced". They literally said, in the translated text, that in not so many words. Not really sure if DRK or BST got the bigger thicker girthier shaft in the job adjustments, but I do know those are the two worst.

BALANCE!!!

DRK is well-balanced though? It gets powerful job traits and abilities, and has been a premier FFXI dps job for years now. Buffing the scythe weapon class helps who else, exactly? WAR maybe? Not BST since no access to Utu Grip or good 2H JA/JT? This is an adjustment done right, horizontal to favor different play styles rather than a straight job dps buff.
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
Serveur: Sylph
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2019-12-10 01:09:13
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Veikur said: »
Yngvi Earring
DEF:17 Enmity-5 "Regen"+2 Boosts enmity decrease +8

Interesting earring.

It is a Neck piece. Translation fail.