December 2019 Version Update
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12
 Asura.Sechs
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-12-10 10:24:09
Link | Citer | R

In before they gonna raise the wyrms' defensive stats.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2019-12-10 10:26:38
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Lexouritis said: »
Gonna try testing enmity values on the new PLD ja; don't think it's really going to affect how most PLDs play the job though.
A quick majesty > Atonement got me a 0 dmg atonement, so I'm gonna say it's probably 1 CE 60~120 VE. I'll try atonementing faster next time and see if I get any dmg outta the VE.
By SimonSes 2019-12-10 10:29:53
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Lexouritis said: »
I guess it helps people who solo DI for beads once the initial zest for this update wears

Kinda doubt this will happen anytime soon (8+ months). Just getting accessories is around 4 months daily for multijob people. Then you have 1 crafting material every 15 days, so its probably gonna sell for nice amount of gils, so people will be spamming it for that. If anything you can expect dragons being killed slower outside of jp/NA prime times.
By SimonSes 2019-12-10 10:35:33
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Outlawbruce said: »
Lol sure, for Bahamuts dead *** server.

Yeah not really. Last two dragons (going by unity msg of poping and dying) died in 32 and 21 sec.
By Draylo 2019-12-10 10:36:12
Link | Citer | R

That is what I meant, so SE made it harder to get beads. I knew that was going to happen.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-12-10 10:39:10
Link | Citer | R

Farming beads is the end game content I've been looking for. Thanks SE.
[+]
 Fenrir.Melphina
Serveur: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2019-12-10 10:39:24
Link | Citer | R

Quote:

--With how fast the dragons drop, they should've added 10,000% HP to him if they wanted people to be attracted to the DI only gear. Who will spend their points on something that dies in 15secs so that it can die in 14.2secs and you can receive 7 less silt per run, especially when you don't even need to engage and do a single thing to get your domain points? Maybe one day the DI only gear will have some value when almost no one wants to do the content anymore?

--You beat me to it. My question was going to be: do they plan on increasing domain to some of the hardest content in the game eventually with that new gear? Cause it's absolutely crazy stat spewing. 30 STP on a grip...
If they dont plan to increase anything. Then gear is the most worthless ***in the game unless you're on a dead server

That's why I was so disappointed in the gear list when I first saw it this morning. It was almost 2 am then and I was mostly asleep, so I'll acknowledge that the accessories are better than I first gave them credit for. I just saw all this crazy "Domain invasion" only stuff on the weapons and armor and thought.... god are these stats insane yet completely irrelevant. Unless they extend the scope of domain invasion or those stats somehow become available elsewhere that gear is garbage outside domain invasion, and we can already wreck those mobs with current gear. There's no reason to spend points on 90% of that list. The accessories look pretty spiffy though and I do take back what I said earlier about them. The time gated progress is a real bummer though.
 Shiva.Malthar
Serveur: Shiva
user: Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2019-12-10 10:39:51
Link | Citer | R

I think mnk needs to be nerfed.
By Draylo 2019-12-10 10:41:19
Link | Citer | R

I'm gonna tell Matsui to delete BST, you have to stop me malthar!
[+]
 Shiva.Malthar
Serveur: Shiva
user: Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2019-12-10 10:43:07
Link | Citer | R

Draylo said: »
I'm gonna tell Matsui to delete BST, you have to stop me malthar!

OH! MY! GOSH!

This is a Vana'diel national emergency!!!
[+]
By Felgarr 2019-12-10 11:00:46
Link | Citer | R

Man, SE went full retard with this update. I mean, they even made Domain-Invasion specific weapons? (With only +215 skill too)

None of this is making any sense. Why would SE empower players specifically during Domain Invasion, when before this update, we had to WITHOLD weaponskills to prevent the dragon from dying too quickly?!
[+]
 Bahamut.Empyrean
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Empyrean 2019-12-10 11:03:24
Link | Citer | R

Felgarr said: »
Man, SE went full retard with this update. I mean, they even made Domain-Invasion specific weapons? (With only +215 skill too)

None of this is making any sense. Why would SE empower players specifically during Domain Invasion, when before this update, we had to WITHOLD weaponskills to prevent the dragon from dying too quickly?!

215 skill, but +80-120 acc and attack, that is higher than anything we have as long in DI

most people will get burnt out within a month and you will need those weapons to speed things up
By Torzak 2019-12-10 11:07:29
Link | Citer | R

we had to WITHOLD weaponskills to prevent the dragon from dying too quickly?!

Bahamut.Empyrean said: »
you will need those weapons to speed things up
[+]
 Bahamut.Empyrean
By Bahamut.Empyrean 2019-12-10 11:19:41
Link | Citer | R

Torzak said: »
we had to WITHOLD weaponskills to prevent the dragon from dying too quickly?!

Bahamut.Empyrean said: »
you will need those weapons to speed things up

I fail to see your point in this quote. You completely ignore the fact that I said most people will be burnt out and in many cases those dragons just stand there with nobody attacking them outside of campaign.
Within a month it will be small groups killing that thing, given 2-3 months it will be down to a handful (tops) and you will want every piece of gear you can get to speed up the kills.
 Asura.Outlawbruce
user: Cronnus
By Asura.Outlawbruce 2019-12-10 11:22:41
Link | Citer | R

Why not have made it a 6 man instance? Make the instances like ambuscade. Could have built a strategy for either farming beads still. Or just wrecking it fast for DI points. Lessen the amount of points gained. Or just kept the cap at 80 a day.
[+]
 Fenrir.Melphina
Serveur: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2019-12-10 11:24:31
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
I fail to see your point in this quote. You completely ignore the fact that I said most people will be burnt out and in many cases those dragons just stand there with nobody attacking them outside of campaign.
Within a month it will be small groups killing that thing, given 2-3 months it will be down to a handful (tops) and you will want every piece of gear you can get to speed up the kills.

I think you're severely overestimating domain invasion's difficulty level and underestimating its demand by an equal amount. If nothing else, people will bot it just to sell the wyrm ash. Those dragons will never live for very long ever again.
[+]
By soralin 2019-12-10 11:25:33
Link | Citer | R

Being able to pretty passively gear up my alts with random stuff, and stockpile beads to rapid fire buy full sets of gear I need for <new job I suddenly decided I feel like playing> will be nice.

Mostly surprised the Body abjurations are the same price as the head/feet abjurations. That really caught me off guard.

I would've been willing to pay like, triple the price for bodys lol.

Hey I am not gonna complain about that though.

This should put a very huge dent in the merc culture. But Mercs have the next month to spam Delve carries for now, so, Im sure they'll get by.

Edit: Actually looking, I wonder if /Sch for Light Arts would get us our biggest Cure Bomb bonuses. The healing cast time, recast time, and strategems would be nice to boost our sustain.

Im curious to try out a no healer V1VD ambuscade run as Paladin, Im not entirely certain that I can solo heal the party but, Ill be damned if I don't give it a try.

I think a new meta of refresh paladins that spam cures might come into play, which may be the maxed out zerg strat.

Basically, giving up your tanks DPS so you can open up the healer spot to yet another DPS or support is fascinating. I think you will need top of the line gear to sustain the MP spam but it may be possible.

Im gonna hesitantly fiddle with Pld/Rdm, see how it feels.

Edit: Actually looking at it, Pld/Sch seems good to for Light Arts. The healing cast time and recast time reductions would be welcome to boost our sets and lighten the load and let us focus on staying tanky and keeping up SIRD while cure bombing.

Strategems are nice too, though, we dont have any need for ascension do we haha. But the other strategems are still stronk.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
Serveur: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2019-12-10 11:42:14
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Melphina said: »
Quote:

I think you're severely overestimating domain invasion's difficulty level and underestimating its demand by an equal amount. If nothing else, people will bot it just to sell the wyrm ash. Those dragons will never live for very long ever again.
Facts. If people were having issues killing this dragon with the current gear people have access to right now I Dano what to say.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dannyl
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2019-12-10 11:57:00
Link | Citer | R

anyone seen Caradog around? Previous XI View might still work minus the PLD JA?
By ashcrow 2019-12-10 13:50:58
Link | Citer | R

YouTube Video Placeholder

PLD JA song
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2019-12-10 14:01:25
Link | Citer | R

soralin said: »
Strategems are nice too, though, we dont have any need for ascension do we haha. But the other strategems are still stronk.

Hey, accession has a legit use in putting ProV and Shell IV on the whole party! If lacking a healer, the need to do single target Pro/Shell was actually one of the annoyances I was considering ;)

I'm gonna be very interested to see ideas on optimal PLD cure sets, figuring out that balance of SIRD, Potency, DT, Enmity...
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2019-12-10 14:08:17
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Dexterm said: »
How many ppl I've seen say marbles end tonight. 08:00 GMT 11 December = 2 AM December 11th CST. That is Tuesday night(if you're a late night person)/Wednesday morning. Whatever you want to call it.

The confusion comes from SE's US Bonanza site, which erroneously says marble sales ended last night at midnight PST:
Quote:
Marble sales period: Sunday, November 10, 2019, at 12:00 a.m. (PST) to Tuesday, December 10 at the same hour.
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2019-12-10 14:24:51
Link | Citer | R

People talking about PLD main healing parties and I'm over here like:

[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
Serveur: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2019-12-10 14:36:40
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Aeonova said: »

I’m all eating at outback and laughing hard out loud to this post lol
[+]
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2019-12-10 14:43:48
Link | Citer | R

LMAO I love this.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2019-12-10 14:52:21
Link | Citer | R

When you're doing like, an Ambuscade with the people who happen to be on the LS, it's great to have options to not need another healer. Nobody's saying it beats WHM in all things healing, or that it's good for all situations (say, something with tons of status effects to deal with, where WHM would be better than your support/WHMs). Just that it can do a good enough job to make some setups/tasks more doable without a separate healer.

PLD BRD GEO COR DD DD: cool, extra DPS slot!

I'm super intrigued that instead of locking in on "how can we make PLD be a replacement for RUN" in certain situations for that one "tank slot", they took a very clever approach of allowing PLD to situationally replace WHM (1 party slot filling what is typically 2 roles). Potentially giving you a whole extra slot is a hefty advantage that RUN doesn't have.

And hey, a curing holy knight works lore wise too.

Also interesting that, as I saw someone else mentioned, it sets up somewhat of a dichotomy where PLD works really nicely with melee parties with high enmity curaga healing everyone while helping to tank. And RUN is more desirable for parties with ranged/magical damage (Gambit/Rayke to boost damage, people not in range for curagas, etc.).
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2019-12-10 15:17:40
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »

When you're doing like, an Ambuscade with the people who happen to be on the LS, it's great to have options to not need another healer. Nobody's saying it beats WHM in all things healing, or that it's good for all situations (say, something with tons of status effects to deal with, where WHM would be better than your support/WHMs). Just that it can do a good enough job to make some setups/tasks more doable without a separate healer.

PLD BRD GEO COR DD DD: cool, extra DPS slot!

I'm super intrigued that instead of locking in on "how can we make PLD be a replacement for RUN" in certain situations for that one "tank slot", they took a very clever approach of allowing PLD to situationally replace WHM (1 party slot filling what it typically 2 roles). Potentially giving you a whole extra slot is a hefty advantage that RUN doesn't have.

And hey, a curing holy knight works lore wise too.

Also interesting that, as I saw someone else mentioned, it sets up somewhat of a dichotomy where PLD works really nicely with melee parties with high enmity curaga healing everyone while helping to tank. And RUN is more desirable for parties with ranged/magical damage (Gambit/Rayke to boost damage, people not in range for curagas, etc.).

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2019-12-10 15:36:58
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Asura.Airoh
user: Anjou
By Asura.Airoh 2019-12-10 16:06:42
Link | Citer | R

It also puts less stress on the whm. Ever since all support suddenly became DDs it's entirely up to the whm to keep the party up, spam na spells, haste people, etc etc. If you're a veteran whm then great, you can handle it, but it's super stressful as someone who isn't.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12