Forum » FFXI » General » November 2019 Version Update
November 2019 Version Update
 Bismarck.Xurion
Serveur: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2019-11-11 01:59:37
Link | Citer | R

Heh finally SE fixed their incorrect ID assignment for the Adamantoise. Better late that never.

[+]
 Siren.Itachi
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Itachi 2019-11-11 02:02:36
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Xurion said: »
Heh finally SE fixed their incorrect ID assignment for the Adamantoise. Better late that never.

Did this ever affect anything?
 Bismarck.Xurion
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2019-11-11 02:06:06
Link | Citer | R

Minimal impact tbf. Basically any addon that used mount KIs by ID. I have a random mount addon that was unable to summon Adamantoise due to this, so this update gives me two new mounts, not one :3
 Asura.Sechs
Serveur: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-11-11 02:07:06
Link | Citer | R

How do the AF vouchers work?
You trade the voucher and you get the already completed +2 piece even if you don't have the +1 or the NQ piece that you need to quest to obtain etc?
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2019-11-11 02:09:17
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
How do the AF vouchers work?
You trade the voucher and you get the already completed +2 piece even if you don't have the +1 or the NQ piece that you need to quest to obtain etc?

Correct. You just get the +2. No need to do any of the previous stages. Just got myself a 5/5 set of DRG 119 AF+1 last month, I never touched the AF quest line or did any of the upgrades. Just got my mule a pair of COR AF+2 feet right now for the 310 point reward - again, never even unlocked the COR AF quest on that character.

And it's actually a key item, used with the same NPC (A.M.A.N. Validator). No need to trade an actual item, once you redeem the reward you just get a temporary KI that you can spend whenever you want.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-11-11 02:15:04
Link | Citer | R

Uhm... I wonder if there's any AF+2 pieces I want for any of my jobs.

I guess with Deeds you get a full +1 AF set and also a full +2 set?
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2019-11-11 02:17:05
Link | Citer | R

Yup. And since they only have Monthly RoE rewards listed until 480 points (470 is the AF+2 body), we'll have to see what comes next - assuming they keep the monthly RoE thing going. I'd guess lv119 Relic +1, then Relic +2... But we'll see, I suppose they could be REALLY nice and give us an AF+3 set too (kinda doubt it)?
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-11-11 02:20:24
Link | Citer | R

Don't see AF+3 coming but they could give us a pack of job cards of preference, I dunno, stuff like that.
480 should be reached in march, if you did all 4 RoEs every month, right?

So far I managed to, wonder if I'll be able to keep this going.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2019-11-11 02:22:23
Link | Citer | R

Don't see AF+3 coming but they could give us a pack of job cards of preference, I dunno, stuff like that.
480 should be reached in march, if you did all 4 RoEs every month, right?

So far I managed to, wonder if I'll be able to keep this going.

320 = November
360 = December
400 = January
440 = February

It's not as if it's that hard. I did 3/4 RoEs within the first 40min after update. Gotta wait on dumb gardening. Worth the minor hassle for the fairly nice free stuff, TBH.

I also don't really expect +3 gear. But maybe Relic reforged +1/+2 pieces next? And maybe another shiny weapon for final stage Ambuscade weapons. Hoping the Monberaux trust at 440 is good too.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By zigzagzig 2019-11-11 02:39:28
Link | Citer | R

a Nice Downdate.... for 20 euros a Month.....where is my Tube of Vaseline ????
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-11-11 02:39:51
Link | Citer | R

Which seed and which crystals do you normally use Capu to do the Gardening RoE?
By Aerix 2019-11-11 03:10:40
Link | Citer | R

Honestly, with Monberaux already requiring 12 months of deeds if you're starting from zero I don't see them adding even more reward tiers afterwards. It'd be impossible for returnees to catch up and finish.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-11-11 05:05:00
Link | Citer | R

You're right Aerix, but at the same time that would make the Deeds system completely irrelevant for old players.
I don't think they want that, so I think they will do something to keep players somewhat interested in collecting deeds.

What they gonna do I don't know, but I doubt they'll simply stop there without doing anything else.
"Anything" not necessarily being continuing the system for, say, 1 more year.
They could do something completely different, but I think their goal is to keep Deeds somewhat relevant for old players too.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2019-11-11 05:39:28
Link | Citer | R

They don't have to add more exclusive content like Monbereaux, that you can't get anywhere else. I suppose I could see the logic if they thought that would mean less hardcore people couldn't keep up well enough, and they didn't want that.

But there's no reason they can't just continue to give valuable rewards (that can also be obtained elsewhere), for people who keep doing it. They do this constantly with lots of other current content. RoE for free weekly Vagary items, Ambuscade for stacks of currencies, Gobbie box or AMAN trove for rewards including some super valuable stuff like Omen bodies. This is just another way to get free stuff outside of its "normal" event.

I also wouldn't mind if they repeat some things. How about a second set of AF/AF+1/AF+2 kupons, a second free pulse weapon, etc. That would still be a reward valuable enough for me to continue doing my 4 monthlies, even if it's not "new".

Even so, really no reason they couldn't also give out relic/+1/+2, or divergence voids/shards, etc. Not sure why "some more casual players won't keep up" matters, they can still reward those who do.

Which seed and which crystals do you normally use Capu to do the Gardening RoE?

Uh... Grain Seed and fire I think I did before. That's one of the fastest yields, IIRC. Yeah, Gardening page on BG seems to say so.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2019-11-11 05:51:35
Link | Citer | R

DirectX said: »
I don't really understand what people could ever expect them to do to BST that would be meaningful.

1. Revert the distance nerf; or at least extend range a little.
2. gear update that has pet boosting shields & other sources of ready recast reduction gear instead of only charmer's merlin and desultor tassets; + a cap of reduction at 10 seconds. this means bst is not shoehorned into always using dw sub job.

3. Make pet buffing ready moves generate enmity on pet
4. Adjust snarl to be modified by pet enmity gear
5. Upgrade pet levels, especially for unique pets which cannot reach ilvl 119: fatso fargann, amigo sabotender, bloodclaw shasra, etc.
6. Make some alternatively useful side effect to charm and tame; ie let tame be used while you have a pet. (minor crowd control ability to pacify target); charm could be minor enmity tool for when pet is already present

here's a short list off top of my head. I have slightly longer list on se forums. but there are many meaningful updates bst would love to have.
[+]
By Mattelot 2019-11-11 06:02:28
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sirris said: »
New pets, thanks S-E.

I saw the watermelon mandy. I'm no BST and if I were, I wouldn't care if it were weak, I'd use it.
[+]
 Asura.Suteru
user: Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2019-11-11 06:09:23
Link | Citer | R

Can't wait to be the only one to enter the contest again for a poster of the art they showed off in the Digest.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By Nariont 2019-11-11 06:48:42
Link | Citer | R

it already has a niche in the ability to drop def/atk by 33%, can burst somewhat high though due to its elements is fairly limited, and being a strong dps job in a pet situations, letting pet moves generate enmity would allow it to be a 2nd pup, better in some ways if they left self-buffs generate hate, could tag with an aoe and do a foil type move, theres a few tp moves pets can do that could be decent utility if pet levels were updated/debuffs were adjusted(looking at you infrasonics)

Short of overhauling the debuff aspect of the jug pets i doubt anything will magically make it wanted everywhere, smn has its solid utility when its in a dps role, pup has its tank niche, bst meanwhile doesnt have too many options outside the above plus that -10% max hp down if i remember right
[+]
 Ragnarok.Inx
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Inxmonk
By Ragnarok.Inx 2019-11-11 07:27:07
Link | Citer | R

Just to maintain position, BST would need the limit on pet level increased by roughly 5. Pets essentially haven't improved since Reisenjima's introduction, and virtually no gear has been added to compensate for that.

What seemed like great DPS back then is mediocre by current standards and further hamstrung by it falling off badly against high level content due to relatively low base stats.

And of course the range nerf still makes controlling the pet an exercise in frustration at times.

Job is ruined right now, and these pets are just a thumb in the eye.
[+]
By Mattelot 2019-11-11 07:51:07
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »

Yup. And since they only have Monthly RoE rewards listed until 480 points (470 is the AF+2 body), we'll have to see what comes next - assuming they keep the monthly RoE thing going. I'd guess lv119 Relic +1, then Relic +2... But we'll see, I suppose they could be REALLY nice and give us an AF+3 set too (kinda doubt it)?

Ooooh no, nobody is getting out of Caturae farming.
 Shiva.Xelltrix
Serveur: Shiva
user: Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2019-11-11 07:53:12
Link | Citer | R

Can they stop making us do their failure of a feature that is old gardening? Like, really, this is the third or fourth time already?
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2019-11-11 08:28:20
Link | Citer | R

DirectX said: »
What would having these really change though? What content would it make BST more useful for?

There are several impacts the range nerf had. However the biggest is that it makes bst unsuitable for pet-centered strategies where you MUST stay out of range like puppet master and summoner can.
So it would bring bst back into those strategies.

Even without the full range restored, taking from 5 yalm to 10 yalm would be a big QoL improvement. Stupid things like not being able to give pet commands because you are too far from pet even while engaged... because the target monster model is too large. or not being able to use reward while kiting because pet is too far away.

If pet self buffing ready moves like bubble curtain, zealous snort, scissor guard, rhino guard, etc generated enmity for the pet, then beastmasters could AoE tank effectively. and there would be some use in the pet enmity + set for bst.

If we had all the pets we've lost to silly pet level caps, we could reliably AoE dark based sleep, as well as other enfeebles and nukes. We literally lost effective use of job abilities because SE takes them away every time they level cap bst pets. Faithful falcor is bsts best spike damage pet, but difficulty to use because of low level and low accuracy. TP drainkiss is a really awesome utility, but the pet has trouble being in content because of low level. same for ??? needles our only fragmentation ready move, but the pet is too low level.

Can you imagine if BLM's sleepga II had a magic accuracy cap which made it simply ineffective for any content at current game level?
there would be alot of player uproar about that.

thats exactly what happened with bst. over and over again. I don't think there is any other job which LOSES abilities as it levels ups. not because the abilities are not useful, but because they get nerfed as you level up.

The Gear option, like shields is just about freedom and creative play. Currently, offensively or defensively it is almost never worthwhile to sub anything other than nin or dnc for beastmaster.

I've made some experiments with /drg /blu, /drk, /sam but these are mostly about gear than anything else. There are no pet buffing shields, so another offhand axe is always better. an ready recast -5s is so powerful that having offhand axe is always better.
Alot of players call for native dual wield in response to this.

I don't like that solution. I woudl rather fencer builds become viable and bst needs useful shields for this.
[+]
 Valefor.Yandaime
Serveur: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2019-11-11 09:05:22
Link | Citer | R

Sweet Caroline huh...

SWEEEET CAROLIIIIINE

BUH BUH BUHHHHH!!

Ha!
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-11-11 09:10:23
Link | Citer | R

Learn what Killer Instinct does and how that applies to party context.
By Nariont 2019-11-11 09:17:34
Link | Citer | R

its a nice circle ability, but theres not too many mobs that fall into that beastiary aswell as having the jug to effectively use said JA as far as "end-game" goes far as i can recall
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2019-11-11 09:24:41
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Xurion said: »

I was hoping this would fix the "cannot summon Adamantoise despite having KI" glitch, but no such luck.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-11-11 09:25:09
Link | Citer | R

Nariont said: »
its a nice circle ability, but theres not too many mobs that fall into that beastiary aswell as having the jug to effectively use said JA as far as "end-game" goes far as i can recall

Treat is the same way as other circle abilities, extremely powerful against the right enemy. The jug itself doesn't matter, only the family the monster represents.