Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Cait Sith HTBF Discussion
Cait Sith HTBF Discussion
First Page 2 3 4 5
By Tarage 2019-07-09 14:52:24
Link | Citer | R

There was only one male Cait and he went evil and got killed. The remaining female ones merged. They're dying as well, but not as quickly.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Serveur: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2019-07-09 16:14:27
Link | Citer | R

so glad this BC is so vitally important to our characters' development and growth that the thread supposedly about tactics devolves into gender discussions of a digital cat.

For the record, I say Cait is trans.
[+]
 Asura.Chaostaru
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-07-09 17:07:47
Link | Citer | R

had a weird thing happen one time. Clicked VD, entered and it said it was VE, yet the rest of the party's log said VD. It was infact VD and all was as expected. Just pointing that out.
By FaeQueenCory 2019-07-09 17:38:15
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
gender discussions of a digital cat.
Technically.... we're talking the gender of a bunch of digital tears that just happen look like a cat.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Rajang
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Rajang
By Carbuncle.Rajang 2019-07-09 20:38:50
Link | Citer | R

It seems like people have already figured out that EA is worth having up, but this method has been working consistently for us on VD: RUN THF SMN GEO BRD WHM

Having both Scherzo and EA has been preventing us from dying to the ? Holy spam after the Benediction. The THF can be any DD, but I refuse to drop the TH for these merit fights. The WHM just stands next to us since the GEO is using Attunement. Our GEO, BRD, and WHM are just mules, but with real players, they should be spamming debuffs or dispelling to force it to Erase. We haven't had a mess up yet like this, and it seems to work regardless of Cait Sith's gender.
[+]
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-07-09 22:29:03
Link | Citer | R

so scherzo and EA work but not migawari?? lmao wow. I wonder if you need 2 forms of it to take effect or if just scherzo or EA would work. Though I think one fight our party had scherzo up and the geo still ate dirt. not 100% on that though.
 Carbuncle.Rajang
By Carbuncle.Rajang 2019-07-09 22:40:37
Link | Citer | R

Honestly, after seeing some of the damage from an unresisted ? Holy prior to this setup, I think having both would be safe. :/
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-07-10 00:00:36
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Chaostaru said: »
so scherzo and EA work but not migawari?? lmao wow. I wonder if you need 2 forms of it to take effect or if just scherzo or EA would work. Though I think one fight our party had scherzo up and the geo still ate dirt. not 100% on that though.

I tested migawari last night. It worked every time. Whoever initially said it didn't work likely had it wear off or absorbed and didn't reapply. They could have missed it. I was trolling when I followed up, since it's been Standard Operating Procedure for them to nerf migawari for things it should work for.
By kishr 2019-07-10 01:43:02
Link | Citer | R

Nin nin nin geo cor whm was easy on vd, migiwari works fine.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-07-10 01:55:49
Link | Citer | R

No BRD? How were you capping haste without it?
I assume the GEO was using a Luopan and then stayin out of range?
Was the COR meleeing and if so how was he surviving the damage without Migawari?
By johnnyaf87 2019-07-10 02:15:09
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »

I tested migawari last night. It worked every time. Whoever initially said it didn't work likely had it wear off or absorbed and didn't reapply. They could have missed it. I was trolling when I followed up, since it's been Standard Operating Procedure for them to nerf migawari for things it should work for.

glad its confirmed, i never had to a chance to retry. was trying to recall the event but my memory at 3am and zero coffee is very skewed lol
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-07-10 02:16:38
Link | Citer | R

Thats cool that Migawari/Scherzo/EA works RIP all *** given about what HP ? Holy does.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-07-10 03:15:34
Link | Citer | R

Yes but how are you handling the survival rate of non NIN characters in that setup considering only NINs have access to Migawari?
By kishr 2019-07-10 03:23:28
Link | Citer | R

Whm haste duty or geo entrust haste. Wish for he best after. Get out of 20 for rest pt. Swap cor and brd I guess might be fine.
Try it idk, would like a quicker fight.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-07-10 03:31:47
Link | Citer | R

Entrust Haste lasts a bit less than 6 mins with BiS gear.
So the VD fight lasts less than 6 mins I guess?
Which implies the COR too was standing out of range (20+ yalms), correct?

Were the NINs using neither Yonin nor Innin, but I guess they were using the Enmity+ Ninjutsu and bouncing hate between the 3 of them?
By kishr 2019-07-10 03:49:08
Link | Citer | R

Just make a pt and try it, it's a easy fight.
[+]
 Phoenix.Logical
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Logical 2019-07-10 07:47:42
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
Yes but how are you handling the survival rate of non NIN characters in that setup considering only NINs have access to Migawari?

Exactly. I'm surviving Holy ? on Ninja without with Migiwari as I posted on this thread on Day 1 but that doesn't do me any good when everyone else in the group has died to Holy. Whether your using a group of people or just Trust... you can't solo the fight on Ninja without the assistance of Haste and such so what are those other non Ninja jobs doing to survive? Obviously it's been stated that scherzo and EA work well but that doesn't help people without a SMN/BRD in the group or people trying with Trust.

So far I've been able to solo on Easy twice on Ninja with no drop but that's out of many attempts. Hoping to find a more reliable way to beat this solo on Easy. Was hoping same with last months Odin but sadly could only manage to Duo on Easy and not Solo. May be the same case with Cait Sith.
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-07-10 11:45:49
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »

I heard there was a selbina patch late monday night. I was wondering what they fixed, maybe they fixed migawari/ea ect then. thats nice tho, should make fight alot easier then.
 Cerberus.Tuefen
Serveur: Cerberus
user: tuefen
By Cerberus.Tuefen 2019-07-10 11:49:29
Link | Citer | R

Easy win war/sam run/war thf/sam whm/sch smn/blm brd/whm
check out this viedeo if u want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bm2u16HItn4
 Cerberus.Tuefen
By Cerberus.Tuefen 2019-07-10 11:49:57
Link | Citer | R

vd
 Bismarck.Zuidar
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2019-07-10 16:42:07
Link | Citer | R

FaeQueenCory said: »
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
gender discussions of a digital cat.
Technically.... we're talking the gender of a bunch of digital tears that just happen look like a cat.

would you prefer to think of them as spirits that look like cats instead? XD
 Carbuncle.Papesse
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2019-07-10 19:46:50
Link | Citer | R

Divine Favor usage isn't related to the number of debuffs Cait Sith gets but if it receives light or dark based damage (Dia, Bio, Banish, Night Terror, Impact, Runes effects... anything light or dark). It always counter any light/dark based damage with Divine Favor followed by Level ? Holy but sometimes get stuck with using Divine Favor multiple times if players are doing light/dark damage non stop.
This is only useful for locking Mewing Lullaby, Eerie Eye and Regal Scratch. Not doing light/dark damage will not lock Level ? Holy.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Papesse
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2019-07-12 16:09:00
Link | Citer | R

Did testing with a friend on the BP nerf and I think I have a pretty good idea of how it works now.
The first hit of any BP deal full damage then the following hits (from the same or a different BP) have their damage reduced by 90% for a period of 10 seconds. Since it takes into account multi-hits, a 42k VS would deal 16.8k (14k + 1.4k + 1.4k) for example. Alternating BPs doesn't fix this, if a SMN does Apogee Tail Whip > Spinning Dive then SD will be nerfed unless 10 seconds have elapsed between Tail Whip and SD.
Automatons and Pets aren't affected.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Rajang
By Carbuncle.Rajang 2019-07-12 17:06:58
Link | Citer | R

Thank you for the information, Papesse. I guess they really didn't like how we AFAC'd the crap out of Odin last month.
By Nariont 2019-07-12 18:29:17
Link | Citer | R

seems more like they dont know/forgot to code the bp nerf for multi-hits, unless it really is intentional which just seems silly
 Hades.Dade
Serveur: Hades
user: Dade
By Hades.Dade 2019-07-13 01:19:15
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Tuefen said: »
Easy win war/sam run/war thf/sam whm/sch smn/blm brd/whm
check out this viedeo if u want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bm2u16HItn4

tuefen with the 640x360 resolution likes its 1998.
 Cerberus.Tuefen
By Cerberus.Tuefen 2019-07-13 11:59:13
Link | Citer | R

i play on a big tv and cant read chat when i change to 1280x 980
 Asura.Zeroburning
By Asura.Zeroburning 2019-07-13 15:37:58
Link | Citer | R

Worked well with run tank Sam war whm brd cor 2-3 min kills on D
By tyalangan 2019-07-13 15:46:01
Link | Citer | R

Just Scherzo and light carol and double March?
Asura.Zeroburning said: »
Worked well with run tank Sam war whm brd cor 2-3 min kills on D
 Asura.Zeroburning
By Asura.Zeroburning 2019-07-13 16:07:10
Link | Citer | R

Just scherzo and we just zerg it decimation was doing like 35-45k fudos about the same and savage was doing 30ish