Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Cait Sith HTBF Discussion
Cait Sith HTBF Discussion
First Page 2 3 4 5
By fonewear 2019-07-08 16:17:52
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
You know that the proper pronunciation of Cait Sith is Cait "Shee" (there's no good way to spell it properly and still express that the sound is "she")

Gender aside, still a "she"

Quote:
It's pronounced Ket Shee. It's from Celtic mythology.

Did you just assume that cat's gender ?
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-07-08 16:20:00
Link | Citer | R

I literally didn't. lol.
By fonewear 2019-07-08 16:22:01
Link | Citer | R

This thread has potential.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: elii
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2019-07-08 17:09:28
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »
This thread has potential.

I just finished reading and was thinking the same thing lol.
[+]
By clearlyamule 2019-07-08 17:50:15
Link | Citer | R

This thread is a prime example of why two thousand and current year needs to die... well that and social media
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-07-08 19:35:20
Link | Citer | R

yea it's 99k'd me once before. random as hell
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-07-08 19:47:28
Link | Citer | R

Nothing random about it. Just figure out how it works.

It does damage based on your HP (current or max) ((well, it could have a random multiplier in addition to it))

How do I know? They literally said so. The move is called HP ? Holy. (I know that it still says level ? Holy)
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-07-08 21:11:14
Link | Citer | R

Im sure someone can figure it out, but I dont plan on doing this fight often enough to care. Run x2 alternating valiance and one for all pretty much guarantees a win. which is fine for what I need. would like to see some other strats though.
 Bismarck.Ihinaa
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihinaa 2019-07-08 21:11:55
Link | Citer | R

After a wipe, rr1'ed and went to dia3 it. ? Holy had no effect. A few divine favors later, ? Holy did 99,999. Didn't do anything besides spam dia3, trying to keep a dot on it. Current hp and max hp was about the same in both instances, both deep red.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-07-08 21:13:07
Link | Citer | R

"about the same" the ones digit can be the difference between zero damage and one hundred thousand damage.

one tick of idle regen can take you from totally harmless, to holy *** max damage. That's how these type of things work.

And it's extra effort to nail down because gearswapping changes your (max and current) hp hundreds of times per minute.

(It could also be how much health you're missing) ((it could be all three, each with a different multiplier))
By Aerix 2019-07-08 23:41:45
Link | Citer | R

If we look at the items Cait Sith drops & at past FFs, I have a suspicion that HP ? Holy is based on the number 7, i.e. Lucky 777, just like the stats on the club and the earring.

It's possibly that for each 7 in your current HP value the damage is multiplied. Or it's possible the damage is increased for every identical number in your HP value, i.e. HP ending in 11, like snake eyes when rolling dice.

Could be if you make sure your HP doesn't have matching numbers and you keep yourself topped off with Regen you won't get one shotted.
By kishr 2019-07-09 00:14:05
Link | Citer | R

Did the same thing I searched older games for the spell.

https://finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Level_%3F_Holy

Ff6 it says the last digit of gill you have on you.
That would be a far stretch. But who knows.
Can debunk that idea by Going in solo on VE with #0-9 as last number in your gill and see if your immune.

The chat messege you get is, 'No effect on Name.'
Seen it in ls discord pic, someone was immune somehow.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-07-09 00:21:37
Link | Citer | R

The only part we already know is that it is HP based. Which way is up for grabs.

Gil would've been pretty damn funny though, maybe in the future.
By kishr 2019-07-09 00:33:10
Link | Citer | R

Actually, double post but, same picture in ls discord I read again,
It says 'No effect on Diablos.'
So, I'm sure Diablos isn't holding any gill on him.
Debunks that pretty quick.
So most likely your hp last digit. By what the wiki was saying.

Also far shot but maybe how much elemental resistance to light, and that's where the last digit comes from. Idk just throwing ***at the wall here.
So if Diablos is immune, how much resist he have for that golden number.
By Aerix 2019-07-09 01:02:45
Link | Citer | R

Just went into VD solo on PUP. Was able to OD with zero buffs from 100% until 3% when it used Benediction. After that it killed my maton almost immediately with ? Holy. Galvanizer and Armor Plate IV pretty much made Cait Sith non-threatening to the OD maton. Didn't even need Steam Jacket or Target Marker for Accuracy (although it depends on gear).

Dunno if this is useful info, but could speed up pet burns.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-07-09 01:07:34
Link | Citer | R

Useful info would be what your autos HP was and how much damage it did.

Was it max?

The range would be good to know too. if you were far enough away not to get hit.

Just going to end up doing pet burns just like odin and it's totally irrelevant anyway to be honest. They've seriously learned nothing (not that I expect them too) if the mob HP is low, there's no real point in any strategy at all. Until/if someone actually figures it out, and how to negate it (no gearswaps! panic) and if anyone cares enough to bother by that point with the gear being pretty "meh". Odins gear is incredible and it's already dead content.
By Aerix 2019-07-09 01:21:22
Link | Citer | R

Maton was at capped HP most of the time while Repair's Regen was on (2662 max HP) but Cait landed a hit right before ? Holy and I couldn't see the maton's HP value in time before it vanished.

Holy did around 5.6k damage. Maton without GEO or COR support was doing about 10k-14k multistep WSs with weak Skillchain damage, but the white damage from counters and regular attacks was pretty massive. About 1k per attack, so a double attack did 2k and a triple counter did 3k etc. Honestly makes it seem like Cait has a good amount of piercing resistance since most NMs I OD take 30k-35k+ damage from Daze/Arcuballista.

I was at 29' distance from both maton and Cait and never got hit by any AoE.
By Honeybaked 2019-07-09 01:40:18
Link | Citer | R

Pretty much did what Chaostaru did but ran with a thf instead of double RUN. Just have the GEO bio 2 and the whm spam through different helix. Easy and fast win. We rarely wiped in this set up. Probably 1 out of 10 tries once we got used to it. Probably 2 minutes or less once engaged.
 Carbuncle.Papesse
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2019-07-09 02:59:18
Link | Citer | R

Hmm for some reason multi-hits BPs are doing crap damage on Cait Sith, it's really bad. Already verified if it could be Guard, -DT, a lack of atk/acc, macro problem... none of that. Single hit BPs are working perfectly normal.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-07-09 03:00:35
Link | Citer | R

Wonder if that affects only multihit BPs or multihit WSs as well?
If it's just BPs I guess it's a new original attempt from SE to nerf potential AC Volt Strike?
 Carbuncle.Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2019-07-09 03:04:38
Link | Citer | R

Multi hits WSs aren't affected.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-07-09 03:42:40
Link | Citer | R

Really only half information. are we talking Volt strike, flaming crush, rush, Eclipse Bite and predator claws are all "basically doing the damage 1 hit would do"?

Is it just strong to blunt damage? Did you hexa strike him it?
 Carbuncle.Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2019-07-09 04:14:23
Link | Citer | R

All multi hits BPs, I tried each of them, they are all insanely weak. It feels a bit like as if only the first hit was connecting but I'm really not sure about that, avatars still gets a normal TP return.
It's not a damage type resistance, both Spinning Dive and Mountain Buster are doing normal damage.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-07-09 07:13:00
Link | Citer | R

Sounds like a new mechanic to reiterate an old strategy that was previously implemented in a different way.
They want you to use different sources of damage over a certain, small window of time.

If you use the same move back to back, the second will do way less damage.

Kinda surprised this seems to only apply to Blood Pacts though...
And it feels kinda wonky given how it affects successive hits of multihits BPs treating them as each hit was a different "move".

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Logical
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Logical 2019-07-09 10:24:17
Link | Citer | R

Just to add to the discussion on the HP ? Holy. I have now done 7 test and in each test Yoran-Oran is the only trust to live through EVERY HP ? Holy. All the others ones die at the same time on whatever Holy ends up hitting them for high damage. Yoran's HP is 1200HP exactly! Going to try to put myself at a even 00 number and report back on results.

Update: Sadly that didn't work. Also Yoran's Max Hp on this run was 1182 for some reason and he still lived. So much for that idea. Continuing to test.
 Bahamut.Inspectorgadget
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Inspectorgadget 2019-07-09 11:55:28
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
You know that the proper pronunciation of Cait Sith is Cait "Shee" (there's no good way to spell it properly and still express that the sound is "she")

Gender aside, still a "she"

Quote:
It's pronounced Ket Shee. It's from Celtic mythology.

only the Shee deal in absolutes.
By FaeQueenCory 2019-07-09 12:09:37
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Inspectorgadget said: »
only the Shee deal in absolutes.
Indeed. That's why we are so absolutely fabulous.