Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » You'll Shoot Your Eye Out! - New FFXI RNG Guide
You'll Shoot Your Eye Out! - New FFXI RNG Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 36 37 38 ... 97 98 99
By SimonSes 2020-09-04 04:38:41
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
Modern alliance setups means that Decoy Shot- a GREAT tool- becomes pretty much worthless because you're in a DD party, not with the tank.

Cant you just shoot behind GEO? It wont help tank with hate, but it will help RNG not to get hate with for example Armageddon AM3 build?
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Serveur: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-09-04 05:54:10
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »
Modern alliance setups means that Decoy Shot- a GREAT tool- becomes pretty much worthless because you're in a DD party, not with the tank.

Cant you just shoot behind GEO? It wont help tank with hate, but it will help RNG not to get hate with for example Armageddon AM3 build?

That's typically the sap I'll choose in hate-heavy situations to decoy for at least half the benefit of the /ja...getting rid of some of the white damage hate buildup. It just really loses a lot of its power when you aren't getting the double-dipping of lowering your hate while boosting the one person who wants enmity.
 Asura.Gotenn
Serveur: Asura
user: Gotenn
By Asura.Gotenn 2020-09-04 08:49:11
Link | Citer | R

I thought someone proved a long time ago that decoy works on an alliance member and the decoy is put on whoever is closest to the mob in front of you?

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-09-04 08:53:59
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Gotenn said: »
I thought someone proved a long time ago that decoy works on an alliance member and the decoy is put on whoever is closest to the mob in front of you?

That's pretty clear, and definitely new info for me. Thanks for sharing!
By Weeew 2020-09-07 04:28:21
Link | Citer | R

Took my KC to wave 3 Bastok last night to see how it would perform in a standard melee-focused buff setup that didn't go the extra mile to make sure I was accuracy capped. We had geo frailty, topror, wilt, indi-fury, 2 accuracy songs, HM and attack, samurai chaos rolls, and I was getting aurorastorm 1. Swapped wilt for malaise on W3 boss. Our RDM tried to distract 3 but got resisted on every single NM. Used SB Naegling/KC except for wave1+3 bosses where I went Gastra.

Ended up doing 8.15m damage total and had an accuracy of 65%. I did die once which set me back quite a bit because the Bard songs got messed up and I didn't have double accuracy songs for over 5 minutes. This plus the 2 mins I was weakened rendered me quite useless. I honestly expected to perform alot worse given the conditions so was pleasantly surprised.

I wanted to share this experience because I think a few observations are worth mentioning;
1. On the contrary to what many people believe, the whole party setup does not need to be focused around the Ranger or even go out of the way with specific buffs to make KC 'viable' . If our RDM has slightly better gear and could land distract 3 + if the accuracy songs didn't get messed up mid run then it would have pushed my damage above 10m, maybe even to 12m.
2. If I was to make some minor changes to really maximize its potential I would have replaced the other DD in my party with another COR to take advantage of hunters and tacticians roll. Would have also benefited from wizards and indi-acumen for the W3 boss since we would no longer need fury. Can never have enough CORs on W3! Another minor change would be to use a SCH as a healer for storm 2 but haven't seen any of those around in a while!

Our guest RUN recorded the run for whoever is interested:
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-09-07 08:22:07
Link | Citer | R

Considering Trueflight fTP scaling, WS delay and boss getting cumulative damage resistance its probably much more beneficial to not spam Trueflight as soon as you have TP, but wait to at least above 2000, even better close to 3000.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-09-07 08:28:15
Link | Citer | R

Considering Trueflight fTP scaling, WS delay and boss getting cumulative damage resistance its probably much more beneficial to not spam Trueflight as soon as you have TP, but wait to at least above 2000, even better close to 3000.

...unless you can chain it. Leaden>Trueflight makes a lovely Fragmentation, so if you have the chance to sneak one in early in a fight like Dyna-D wave3 bosses (ie, lasts long enough to matter) in order to make that Frag, the total dealt damage from that one WS at 1200TP will dwarf a 2000TP saved up that doesn't chain.

Not saying that's always possible- but its a good tool to use when your group is built around COR+RNG magical damage.
By SimonSes 2020-09-07 08:44:50
Link | Citer | R

...unless you can chain it. Leaden>Trueflight makes a lovely Fragmentation, so if you have the chance to sneak one in early in a fight like Dyna-D wave3 bosses (ie, lasts long enough to matter) in order to make that Frag, the total dealt damage from that one WS at 1200TP will dwarf a 2000TP saved up that doesn't chain.

Not saying that's always possible- but its a good tool to use when your group is built around COR+RNG magical damage.

Well ideally you should set skillchain, but I was talking about situation on the video, when everyone spam WSs on boss.

@Weeew Also idk for some reason I think Malaise wasnt on for that boss >.> I remember that with Bolster Malaise wave 3 bosses are constantly hit with 99k Leaden at least, but even without bolster with just BoG+EA it still occasional 99k. Unless you actually havent use Malaise on purpose, which would be a crime with 3 GEOs.
[+]
By Weeew 2020-09-07 10:02:44
Link | Citer | R

Well ideally you should set skillchain, but I was talking about situation on the video, when everyone spam WSs on boss.

@Weeew Also idk for some reason I think Malaise wasnt on for that boss >.> I remember that with Bolster Malaise wave 3 bosses are constantly hit with 99k Leaden at least, but even without bolster with just BoG+EA it still occasional 99k. Unless you actually havent use Malaise on purpose, which would be a crime with 3 GEOs.

We should have had malaise.. Actually I'm pretty sure it was on. One of our CORs is new and the other was a 3 month old account so it's probably just a gear thing. And yeah I know about the saving tp thing but honestly I was not really focused on the boss. I should have really been using savage blade on the boss I'm sure it would have out parsed TF with only a malaise. I just didn't want to pull hate and die =)

Edit: I also don't have Orpheus yet which is my next purchase!
 Shiva.Thorny
Serveur: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-09-07 10:09:03
Link | Citer | R

Weeew said: »
Ended up doing 8.15m dps total
if the accuracy songs didn't get messed up mid run then it would have pushed my DPS above 10m, maybe even to 12m.

dps is an abbrevation for 'damage per second', you should use damage when talking about totals

there is no way you did 10 million damage per second

on topic: double madrigal, honor march, torpor, and distract is pretty much the full gamut of acc buffs anyway and you still came out at 65% wishing you had hunter's roll.. so yea, i'm going to say to fully excel you do need to stack everything, most damage jobs can do with much less than that
By Weeew 2020-09-07 10:23:12
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Thorny said: »
Ended up doing 8.15m dps total
if the accuracy songs didn't get messed up mid run then it would have pushed my DPS above 10m, maybe even to 12m.

dps is an abbrevation for 'damage per second', you should use damage when talking about totals

there is no way you did 10 million damage per second

on topic: double madrigal, honor march, torpor, and distract is pretty much the full gamut of acc buffs anyway and you still came out at 65% wishing you had hunter's roll.. so yea, i'm going to say to fully excel you do need to stack everything, most dps can do with much less than that

Yes damage not dps. I think everyone knew what I meant but thanks for the correction.

Also it was 65% including the 7 minutes where I was weakened and then had only 1 accuracy song. Based on a previous run it should have been around 82% with distract 3. Hunters roll would probably taken it to above 87%. And you are forgetting a few other buffs like indi-precision and other evasion down JA's and WS's. My point was with standard acc buffs and Eva debuffs you should be around 82% which will allow you to comfortably compete with many of the melee DD jobs.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-09-07 10:49:44
Link | Citer | R

The lack of a RDM able to consistently land Distract 3 in wave3 certainly hurt, no question. That's a freebie in my book- no sacrificing of buffs to get to the acc level you'd want, even offhanding kclub.

good stuff though @weew, as always I miss y'all and glad to see you guys having fun :)
By geigei 2020-09-07 10:54:51
Link | Citer | R

82%
That's pretty bad imo.
By Weeew 2020-09-07 11:22:29
Link | Citer | R

geigei said: »
82%
That's pretty bad imo.

I would agree for everything outside of offhanding a KC. 82% is enough to do some pretty decent dps.
By geigei 2020-09-07 11:37:24
Link | Citer | R

But wouldn't <insertjobhere> with capped acc do more dmg?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-09-07 11:43:59
Link | Citer | R

RNG in theory has the highest acc (*BLU)

**of the jobs that would dw and use it
By SimonSes 2020-09-07 11:54:44
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Thorny said: »
on topic: double madrigal, honor march, torpor, and distract is pretty much the full gamut of acc buffs anyway and you still came out at 65% wishing you had hunter's roll.. so yea, i'm going to say to fully excel you do need to stack everything, most dps can do with much less than that

Keep in mind he is talking about wave 3 only and that includes NMs without Distract and he might actually be capped on many fomors trash there, but really uncapped on some THF/NIN mobs and few NMs. So its probably a matter of switching offhand for few really evasive mobs/NMs in whole wave3 if you dont have RDM for Distract.
By geigei 2020-09-07 12:07:56
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
RNG in theory has the highest acc
But E skill for club and non Ilv, how much is that? -300 acc or so?
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2020-09-07 12:18:08
Link | Citer | R

It's been a while since I did Wave 3 on RDM, but from what I remember, landing Distract on the T3 fomors (not the boss) isn't really feasible without Ice Rayke or Stymie, regardless of the quality of your gear.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-09-07 12:25:31
Link | Citer | R

geigei said: »
RNG in theory has the highest acc
But E skill for club and non Ilv, how much is that? -300 acc or so?

More or less equal with any other job that you would think would be higher. 300 skill vs 340-388(war) skill then rng gets + 70 acc bonus.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2020-09-07 12:32:04
Link | Citer | R

Don't forget their job points, too; RNGs get another +70 from that (compared to say, WAR, which gets +36).
[+]
By geigei 2020-09-07 12:33:51
Link | Citer | R

Testing on 0jp naked rng now, non Ilv club offhand = 429acc, ternion+1 = 777acc.
That's a lot.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-09-07 12:39:51
Link | Citer | R

When the mob has -1000 eva and you have +1000 acc (hyperbolic) that 300 is moot

"Then why does it matter that ranger is the job using it"

Because blu and cor can't. And drg drk war don't want to.
By geigei 2020-09-07 12:41:10
Link | Citer | R

Wait, wut?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-09-07 12:56:49
Link | Citer | R

Trying to make it as simple as possible. It's not the acc that really matters... Just that rng is optimal in acc too.

It's that other jobs have to choose between tp bonus offhand or faster tp speed. Rng doesn't have to. Bow plus wsd arrow.
[+]
By geigei 2020-09-07 13:06:21
Link | Citer | R

Bow plus wsd arrow
I know that and that's the build i'm interested in, guy is talking about trueflight tho, switching to a good offhand will probably cap his acc and deal more dmg in the end.
By SimonSes 2020-09-07 13:12:10
Link | Citer | R

Hunters roll would probably taken it to above 87%

Its 1% per 2acc, so hunter's roll would easily cap you from 82%

We should have had malaise.. Actually I'm pretty sure it was on.

Pretty sure it wasnt. The damage is way too low for bolster malaise. Maybe someone casted entrust malaise, but there is for sure no bolster malaise there. Difference in NQ vs HQ gear wouldnt boost the WS damage x2.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-09-07 13:16:01
Link | Citer | R

It's better to swing 8 times and miss twice than swing twice and hit twice. But club has higher delay. Math it out.
By geigei 2020-09-07 13:23:44
Link | Citer | R

Except kc avg 4+ hits and miss half of them.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-09-07 13:27:56
Link | Citer | R

82%

Not 50%
First Page 2 3 ... 36 37 38 ... 97 98 99