A Swing and a Myth: Guide to Liberator
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Fenrir.Ahlen
Serveur: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Ahlen
By Fenrir.Ahlen 2024-02-16 23:10:34
Link | Citer | R

Its not the end of the world if you use 5/5 sakpata with AM 3. DRK is not war you are not really sitting at insane levels of double attack. Basing of x hit builds seem odd nowadays with the variance of sam roll / huge multihit, just keep in mind any extra TP is Extra dmg for WS unless you will already hit 99k at lower tp.
By tallica 2024-02-17 00:14:09
Link | Citer | R

Not to further go off topic, but this is the question I've been asking myself. For damage output where I'm m not going to try to SC, which scythe would be tops, aside from Prime since I already started prime GS?
By SimonSes 2024-02-17 03:58:38
Link | Citer | R

Really depends on the buffs including TP bonus buffs. Try to describe the scenario. That being said Liberator is imo must have for Absorbs anyway, so if you plan to only get one, get Liberator.
 Shiva.Humpo
Serveur: Shiva
user: Humpo
By Shiva.Humpo 2024-02-17 07:56:29
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Kylos said: »

My general conclusion on this is:

Are you not in any serious danger? Don't need Subtle Blow? Can you keep up AM3 easily? Can you skillchain? Go Liberator.
Are you full-timing Sakpata? Is Subtle Blow necessary? Would you struggle to keep AM3 up? Skillchains don't matter? Go Father Time.

I attempted to "solo" WoC. 4 box with whm/brd/geo.
I tried Torc spam, didn't go so well.
Switched to Lib, and again it didn't go so well.
No fear of dieing with either but I just couldn't get in enough DPS between Benedictions and timed out for both.
Switched to Father Time and had little to no trouble killing it. Not only did the subtle blow go a long way, the ability to just skillchain without concern of AM3 was fantastic.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2024-02-17 15:23:44
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Humpo said: »

My general conclusion on this is:

Are you not in any serious danger? Don't need Subtle Blow? Can you keep up AM3 easily? Can you skillchain? Go Liberator.
Are you full-timing Sakpata? Is Subtle Blow necessary? Would you struggle to keep AM3 up? Skillchains don't matter? Go Father Time.

I attempted to "solo" WoC. 4 box with whm/brd/geo.
I tried Torc spam, didn't go so well.
Switched to Lib, and again it didn't go so well.
No fear of dieing with either but I just couldn't get in enough DPS between Benedictions and timed out for both.
Switched to Father Time and had little to no trouble killing it. Not only did the subtle blow go a long way, the ability to just skillchain without concern of AM3 was fantastic.

Makes sense. Doing a dangerous "solo" fight will always favour the weapon with high amounts of Subtle Blow.

Taint said: »
nattack said: »
Impact gives ~2500-2900TP, use it abuse it.
cast Impact in full Occult/Store TP, I figure? That sounds like a good thing to abuse for low TP feed situations.

Yep exactly. Its pretty awesome in settings like sortie to always start with 3k. Impact > Absorb STR > break a mob then go up.

Hi man, I'm finally augmenting my Liberator for Sortie usage. Do you have any sets you would like to share? I'm sure many would appreciate that. Thanks.
[+]
By Taint 2024-02-19 06:22:43
Link | Citer | R

I don't think my sets are anything special, most of the time its just meva stacking. My cape I swapped to resist since it helps on F stuns.
[+]
By K123 2024-02-19 07:05:36
Link | Citer | R

Why change neck between TP and MEva TP? Neither have an effect on MEva?
By Taint 2024-02-19 08:34:15
Link | Citer | R

K123 said: »
Why change neck between TP and MEva TP? Neither have an effect on MEva?

Its a more defensive build. Vim has a 50/hp drain.
 Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Tomasello
By Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello 2024-02-19 15:00:03
Link | Citer | R

With all due respect... If we're talking about scythe Liberator builds, since this is the Mythic thread, shouldn't a AM3 TP set look something like this?

main Liberator R15
sub Alber Strap
ammo Aurgelmir Orb +1
head Flamma Zucchetto +2
body Hjarrandi Breastplate
hands Sakpata's Gauntlets R30
legs Ratri Cuisses +1
feet Flamma Gambieras +2
neck Vim Torque +1 R15
waist Windbuffet Belt +1
ear1 Dedition Earring
ear2 Schere Earring R30
ring1 Niqmaddu Ring
ring2 Lehko Habhoka's ring
back Ankou's Mantle DEX Store TP

You basically will need two engaged sets, a standard TA/DA set when AM3 is down (which is what I see posted above) and a heavy Store TP set when AM3 is up. You can have gearswap automatically put you in the right engaged set depending on your AM buff status.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-02-19 15:16:16
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello said: »
main Liberator R15
sub Alber Strap --Why wear a +enmity strap with DA for mythic?
ranged Empty
ammo Aurgelmir Orb +1
head Flamma Zucchetto +2
legs Ratri Cuisses +1 --DT+12?
feet Flamma Gambieras +2
neck Vim Torque +1 R15
waist Windbuffet Belt +1
ear1 Dedition Earring
ear2 Schere Earring R30
ring1 Niqmaddu Ring

This set has 10% PDT and 8% MDT, maybe 20% if you have 10 on cape, and drains 50 hp/tick. This is suicide. If you want DT in grip, go Khonsu. If you want TP gain in grip, go Bloodrain. I would never put on Ratri for TP set, unless this is for fighting abyssea mobs or something. The others are fine suggestions (if you have that TVR ring and can afford the acc loss of dedition).
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2024-02-19 15:28:22
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
main Liberator R15
sub Alber Strap --Why wear a +enmity strap with DA for mythic?
ranged Empty
ammo Aurgelmir Orb +1
head Flamma Zucchetto +2
legs Ratri Cuisses +1 --DT+12?
feet Flamma Gambieras +2
neck Vim Torque +1 R15
waist Windbuffet Belt +1
ear1 Dedition Earring
ear2 Schere Earring R30
ring1 Niqmaddu Ring

This set has 10% PDT and 8% MDT, maybe 20% if you have 10 on cape, and drains 50 hp/tick. This is suicide. If you want DT in grip, go Khonsu. If you want TP gain in grip, go Bloodrain. I would never put on Ratri for TP set, unless this is for fighting abyssea mobs or something. The others are fine suggestions (if you have that TVR ring and can afford the acc loss of dedition).

I agree. Unless a group is fighting the easiest trash, you're giving any healer a huge headache. A dead DD is not a good DD.
By SimonSes 2024-02-19 15:38:38
Link | Citer | R

I see something like this and I start to understand where that stereotypes of DRK being dead all the time come from XD
I mean this set is fine if you keep high drain3 all the time, but your WHM won't like you at all.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello
By Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello 2024-02-19 15:42:49
Link | Citer | R

something like this?

"Something like this" is the keyword. That came from the damage simulator not my gearsets.

Swap the pants out for Augmented Odyssean, put a D-Ring on if your still scared and that's ~30 DT.

I loathe the Vim Torque for dps as well but some people love it.

The point was, the set that was posted was way too low on Store TP.

And yes.... Utu Grip. Always.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2024-02-19 15:55:46
Link | Citer | R

something like this?

"Something like this" is the keyword. That came from the damage simulator not my gearsets.

Swap the pants out for Augmented Valorous, put a D-Ring on if your still scared and that's ~30 DT.

I loathe the Vim Torque for dps as well but some people love it.

The point was, the set that was posted was way too low on Store TP.

I'm not a big fan of Vim Torque, either. Unless you have a quality Scholar's Regen V.

It's a tough one. You want to maximize Store TP, but you also want some survivability. You could have sets for every situation, but most are content staying safe.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello
By Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello 2024-02-19 16:04:13
Link | Citer | R

I'm not a big fan of Vim Torque, either. Unless you have a quality Scholar's Regen V.

It's a tough one. You want to maximize Store TP, but you also want some survivability. You could have sets for every situation, but most are content staying safe.

Well unless SE decides to add DRK to Malignance, then you will have to choose between survivability or more dps from Store TP if you use a Liberator.

It is what it is. Father Time's OAT is not impacted by DA so it's far and away more Sakpata friendly. It's not 2018 anymore folks, Liberator is not in a great spot.
[+]
By Nariont 2024-02-19 16:15:58
Link | Citer | R

Why not just use ody legs in place of ratri, serves the same function without giving you DT+10

sim must not account for augments i guess or is really valuing the atk from scythe skill
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2024-02-19 16:19:52
Link | Citer | R

Nariont said: »
Why not just use ody legs in place of ratri, serves the same function without giving you DT+10

Agreed. I have Ody legs with STP+7 and over 30 accuracy on the augment, so +12 over all. +13 is possible, but got to get lucky with Fern stone.
By Taint 2024-02-19 16:27:00
Link | Citer | R

Yeah I'm not swapping out Sakpata for a small paper DPS gain. Fully buffed I'm spamming my WS macro in my set above, I know the sims will replace a few pieces but a extra second of stun on F or a buff from GH and Sakpata will be far ahead of a less meva option.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2024-02-19 16:30:12
Link | Citer | R

Yeah I'm not swapping out Sakpata for a small paper DPS gain. Fully buffed I'm spamming my WS macro in my set above, I know the sims will replace a few pieces but a extra second of stun on F or a buff from GH and Sakpata will be far ahead of a less meva option.

Exactly this. Damage calculators are great when there are no other variables to consider. Hitting a brick wall? Awesome. Use what you want, but the game does not work like that. They help, but there is more to damage dealing than sheer numbers. Common sense can override the results you are being given.
By SimonSes 2024-02-19 17:01:45
Link | Citer | R

I love calculating dps, but if you check whichever post I made recommending any sets, you will notice I prioritize meva above everything and I try to find highest DPS without dropping that important defensive (but also offensive) stat. for me even Bhikku is way too low on meva and it's only -30 per piece against Nyame. Something like Flamma or Odysean doesn't even exist for me anymore XD
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2024-02-19 17:15:13
Link | Citer | R

Nariont said: »

Agreed. I have Ody legs with STP+7 and over 30 accuracy on the augment, so +12 over all. +13 is possible, but got to get lucky with Fern stone.

If you can handle the lack of raw -DT, Volte Tights (Bastok) are STP+8, acc+38, and meva+107. Still a massive meva loss compared to Nyame/Sakpata options, but it is a DA-free piece that I've found I'm able to make work in "hybrid" Liberator AM3 sets (not full DT builds, mind you).
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2024-02-20 09:06:30
Link | Citer | R

Yeah your not wearing Ody / Volte legs for anything worth having this conversation over. If it's weak enough for us to not care about defensive stats, then it's not worth hyper optimizing gear sets over.
[+]