Random Politics & Religion #35: It's Turtle Time!

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #35: It's Turtle Time!
Random Politics & Religion #35: It's Turtle Time!
First Page 2 3 ... 49 50 51 ... 131 132 133
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-10-19 16:36:33
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Saevel said: »
Garuda.Chanti said: »
Our Tax rates on the "filthy rich" are stupendously high,...
You republicans keep referring to the mid century as a golden era*. The top marginal tax rate was 91%. Which didn't prevent people like Trump's dad, nor my grandfather, from getting filthy rich.

*It was, I grew up during it.
I'm not a republican nor do I think the mid century was a golden era.

There was success despite high taxes because multiple industries were growing with several innovations.
My take on it involves a different viewpoint. We had zillions of tax cuts mostly for stuff that members of both parties agreed would be beneficial for the nation.

I think it helped that both parties had liberals and conservatives. Cross party cooperation was necessary then.

Quote:
Don't you read anything.... wealthy people don't use marginal tax rates. It could be 100% and still wouldn't effect them because their wealth largely comes from passive income. Marginal tax rates, aka income tax, only really effects those in the middle or upper middle class as their wealth is predominately from "regular income" and stored in their home via equity.
There were a far smaller percentage of the wealthy who lived soley off passive investments back then. Trump's dad, like my grandfather, was of the working wealthy.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-10-19 16:39:24
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-10-19 16:42:11
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Zerowone said: »
fonewear said: »
Thanks for saving America
No problem, I have plenty of canadian wisdom to share!

And weed!
Sadly, I can't just buy land to make my own weed farm.
Closet and LED growlights?
By Nausi 2018-10-19 16:58:31
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »
Thanks for saving America
No problem, I have plenty of canadian wisdom to share!

And weed!
Sadly, I can't just buy land to make my own weed farm.
Closet and LED growlights?
They sell tents you know, you dont even need a closet
 Asura.Saevel
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2018-10-19 17:03:33
Link | Citer | R

You republicans keep referring to the mid century as a golden era*. The top marginal tax rate was 91%. Which didn't prevent people like Trump's dad, nor my grandfather, from getting filthy rich.

There was success despite high taxes because multiple industries were growing with several innovations.
My take on it involves a different viewpoint. We had zillions of tax cuts mostly for stuff that members of both parties agreed would be beneficial for the nation.

I think it helped that both parties had liberals and conservatives. Cross party cooperation was necessary then.

Quote:
Don't you read anything.... wealthy people don't use marginal tax rates. It could be 100% and still wouldn't effect them because their wealth largely comes from passive income. Marginal tax rates, aka income tax, only really effects those in the middle or upper middle class as their wealth is predominately from "regular income" and stored in their home via equity.
There were a far smaller percentage of the wealthy who lived soley off passive investments back then. Trump's dad, like my grandfather, was of the working wealthy.

You understand that ridiculous high tax rates hugely benefit wealthy over middle class. They effectively block class mobility, which explains why progressives love the idea.
Who gets compensated most of their income in regular income and who gets it in non-regular income.
[+]
 Odin.Slore
Serveur: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2018-10-19 17:29:11
Link | Citer | R

Like with insurance it is all a scheme. In my area of NY (13069) if you go on New Yrok State of Health (our obamacare exchange) there are 2 companies to choose from for obamacare plans. 2! Now each has 2 plans, which all suck. High deductibles and high premiums.

Now there are roughly, according to google, 28 major healthcare companies in the US. Why are only 2 allowed to serve my area? It's a scheme, plain and simple.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-10-19 18:00:56
Link | Citer | R

It's state regulations that prevents companies from competing across state lines. Inside each state the medical industry controls the prices through those *** tactics I said earlier. Nobody actually knows the real cost and with so many middlemen feeding at the trough nobody wants to rock the boat.

HDCPs are actually really good, when implemented properly. Unfortunately most companies see it as a way to cut costs and don't follow up with their part.
By Viciouss 2018-10-19 19:06:17
Link | Citer | R

Chanti your link should have just said Mitch McConnell calls for cuts to Medicare and is completely ignored. Its not gonna happen, even if Trump supported it, which he doesn't.
 Valefor.Endoq
Serveur: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2018-10-19 19:32:26
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Endoq said: »
apparently the makers of South Park are pushing to have The Simpsons canceled because they think Apu is racist... The irony is killing me on this.

And on a personal note: I feel that whitewashing away all non-white characters/people from their heritage or culture just because their genetic lineage accurately fits that culture or heritage, is in itself a form of cultural genocide and is racism at its finest.

You do realize they’re trolling right?
Hmmm
[+]
By Nausi 2018-10-19 21:21:23
Link | Citer | R

Quote:

You understand that ridiculous high tax rates hugely benefit wealthy over middle class. They effectively block class mobility, which explains why progressives love the idea.
Who gets compensated most of their income in regular income and who gets it in non-regular income.
This is pretty much on point 100%.

A progressive income tax makes it more difficult for the middle class to acquire enough liquid assets to turn them into sustaining passive income streams. It basically cements the people who already have them into the upper class and creates a massive barrier to entry for the rest of us.

Which is of course why those democrat plantation onwers love them so much.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-10-19 22:48:47
Link | Citer | R

So will you call for tax increases on passive wealth?

Like say capital gains? Dividends? Interest? Or eliminating the deprecation on real estate holdings?

Or even /gasp limiting farm substitutes to actual family farms rather than funding modern day corporate plantations?

I have mentioned the "death tax" in the recent past.

If so we might have even more in common.
By fonewear 2018-10-20 08:45:12
Link | Citer | R

Today was a good day on FFXIAH didn't even have to use the AK:

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-10-20 08:49:49
Link | Citer | R

On Khashoggi, the Saudis have a new story with a glaring hole
Washington Examiner - reliably conservative

Quote:
On Friday, Saudi Arabia acknowledged that Jamal Khashoggi was, in fact, dead. The cover story devised by the kingdom would be laughable if the matter weren’t so serious. According to Saudi media, Khashoggi died in a physical altercation at the consulate in Istanbul.

Not only is that ridiculous and contrary to all evidence, but it also has a glaring hole that the crown prince will be hard-put to fill....
By Nausi 2018-10-20 13:20:57
Link | Citer | R

So will you call for tax increases on passive wealth?

Like say capital gains? Dividends? Interest? Or eliminating the deprecation on real estate holdings?

Or even /gasp limiting farm substitutes to actual family farms rather than funding modern day corporate plantations?

I have mentioned the "death tax" in the recent past.

If so we might have even more in common.
No, rich people are (generally) far more productive for the rest if us with them in control of their own money than the government in control of it.

We should continue to lower income taxes. That so very clearly produces high employment which enables the reat of us to aquire wealth of our own.
[+]
By Nausi 2018-10-20 13:27:08
Link | Citer | R

In a free market there are fewer barriers to entry for businesses and entrepreneurs. This produces a natural recycling of wealth and resources because small people can grow far more easily than large corporations.

Larger organizations have huge overhead. This will always put them at a disadvantage to smaller competitors UNLESS there are built in regulatory hurdels to small businesses that aren't problems for big businesses. Thats the essence of communism vs captialism.
By Nausi 2018-10-20 13:29:02
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
On Friday, Saudi Arabia acknowledged that Jamal Khashoggi was, in fact, dead. The cover story devised by the kingdom would be laughable if the matter weren’t so serious. According to Saudi media, Khashoggi died in a physical altercation at the consulate in Istanbul.

Not only is that ridiculous and contrary to all evidence, but it also has a glaring hole that the crown prince will be hard-put to fill....

Not that this doesn’t smell fishy, but, what is the evidence there story is flawed?
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-10-20 16:16:10
Link | Citer | R

My initial inclination is to distrust the Saudis, but jumping to conclusions is a stupid move. We'd be much better off letting the investigation develop and having the evidence speak for itself. At that point we could work out an action plan with other allies and proceed accordingly.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By Nausi 2018-10-20 18:48:32
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
We'd be much better off letting the investigation develop and having the evidence speak for itself.

NO COLLUSION! WITCH HUNT!

Ohhhh its not that investigation ... Nevermind!
Hahahah

No evidence in that one either bud. No crime either.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-10-20 20:29:10
Link | Citer | R

We'd be much better off letting the investigation develop and having the evidence speak for itself.

The Khashoggi killing happened very recently and we're just waiting for all the evidence to be made public.

Trump/Russia collusion has been investigated and talked about by practically everyone for years with not even a shred of evidence to speak of.

Why are we comparing the two again?
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-10-20 23:20:17
Link | Citer | R

The Khashoggi killing happened very recently and we're just waiting for all the evidence to be made public.

Trump/Russia collusion has been investigated and talked about by practically everyone for years with not even a shred of evidence to speak of.

Why are we comparing the two again?

So ... let's wait for evidence, unless it's something about Trump / Republicans ... then it's a witch hunt.

No shred of evidence of any kind of wrong doing ... if you ignore ...

George Papadopoulos
Michael Cohen
Paul Manafort
Rick Gates
Michael Flynn
13 Russian nationals and three Russian companies
Richard Pinedo
Alex van der Zwaan
Konstantin Kilimnik
12 Russian GRU officers
Sam Patten

Nothing to see here, no crime.

I'm not even saying Trump is guilty of any crime, we don't know, all I'm saying is it's a legitimate investigation which already gave a lot of results and the double standard you guys are showing is laughable.

You're the one who brought up collusion. Show me the evidence of collusion. Hint: It's not in the list of people you named.
[+]
By Nausi 2018-10-21 07:48:38
Link | Citer | R

Only crimes anyone has pled guilty on are crimes that have nothing to do with the collusion.

All other allegations have been made at people who are still innocent until proven guilty who will never be put on trial.

This kosshogi guy isn’t even an American is he? But the left cares more for him than they did for any benghazi victim because the see another opportunity to try (and fail) to smear trump.
[+]
 Odin.Slore
By Odin.Slore 2018-10-21 07:56:14
Link | Citer | R

Shiroi, show me one crime that has anything to do with collusion. Campaign finance laws is all I see. Plus you say it is not a witch hunt but the investigation was to be for collusion in elections, other charges posted have nothing to do with it. That my friend is a witch hunt.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-10-21 09:19:29
Link | Citer | R

Nausi said: »

Quote:

Not that this doesn’t smell fishy, but, what is the evidence there story is flawed?
If it was an accidental death from a physical altercation the Saudis will have to produce an unmutalated body.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-10-21 09:24:25
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Slore said: »
Shiroi, show me one crime that has anything to do with collusion. Campaign finance laws is all I see. Plus you say it is not a witch hunt but the investigation was to be for collusion in elections, other charges posted have nothing to do with it. That my friend is a witch hunt.

More like a fishing expedition. That's a tactic where you drum up *** evidence to get authorization to investigate on one charge knowing full well it's not going to pan out but hoping to dig up evidence of something else and then get convictions on those other things.

Democrats know full well that there is zero "collusion" or election rigging on Trumps part, he played a masterful campaign against an arrogant opponent who underestimated half the American population. Yet before Trump was President he was a businessman, and businessmen are known to do shady stuff because it's nearly impossible to succeed without doing so. Several wealthy Democrat leaders know this. Now you can't just investigate someone because they are wealthy and successful, you need evidence and most successful wealthy people are smart enough to bury that stuff.

So that's the Democrats master plan, they got one of their people to authorize an open ended investigation and staffed it with their own people. Mueller may be unbiased but the Democrat lawyers on his team aren't. Anything that's uncovered that might be used against Trump will be immediately passed into the hands of the Democrats so they can use it against President Trump. That's why they are digging through the financials of all Trump associates, hoping to find something that links Donald Trump to some past financial crime or SEC violation.
 Valefor.Endoq
Serveur: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2018-10-21 09:48:59
Link | Citer | R

[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Slore
By Odin.Slore 2018-10-21 14:00:50
Link | Citer | R

18 U.S. Code § 371 - Conspiracy to commit offense or to defraud United States

US Code
Notes

prev | next

If two or more persons conspire either to commit any offense against the United States, or to defraud the United States, or any agency thereof in any manner or for any purpose, and one or more of such persons do any act to effect the object of the conspiracy, each shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than five years, or both.

If, however, the offense, the commission of which is the object of the conspiracy, is a misdemeanor only, the punishment for such conspiracy shall not exceed the maximum punishment provided for such misdemeanor.
(June 25, 1948, ch. 645, 62 Stat. 701; Pub. L. 103–322, title XXXIII, § 330016(1)(L), Sept. 13, 1994, 108 Stat. 2147.)

He got nailed on the defraud part not collusion. Do some research bro.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 49 50 51 ... 131 132 133