Random Politics & Religion #33: Donald John Trump Is The 45th And Current President Of The United States. All Of Your Viewpoints Are Invalid.

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #33: Donald John Trump is the 45th and current President of the United States. All of your viewpoints are invalid.
Random Politics & Religion #33: Donald John Trump is the 45th and current President of the United States. All of your viewpoints are invalid.
First Page 2 3 ... 107 108 109 110 111
 Asura.Saevel
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2018-06-20 21:45:36
Link | Citer | R

And Gizmodo has pulled that article off their main page, you can only get to it via direct link. The people who tried to put that in have been told that if they want they can put in a RFC for a committee discussion that can reach a consensus on if it meets the Wiki's various editorial requirements. It won't because there is no direct sourcing for it and certainly no non political view with it.
[+]
By fonewear 2018-06-20 22:13:16
Link | Citer | R

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Valefor.Endoq
Serveur: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2018-06-21 03:28:23
Link | Citer | R

Not going to get sucked into this like in years past but I am going to just leave this here...

I think we should be kind to strangers, especially those seeking help.
 Shiva.Nikolce
Serveur: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-06-21 06:58:39
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Chanti said: »
America's 'Detention Centers' Added to Wikipedia List of Concentration Camps
Gizmodo

If I packed my wife and children into the car and we all robbed a grocery store and got caught, Guess what? We would be seperated.

I would be sent to a male prison, my wife would go to female jail and the kids would go to juvenile.

It wouldn't matter if we were just stealing food because we were hungry. We would all go to jail.

There are legal ways to get food if you are hungry and there are legal ways to immigrate to this country.

You are only upset about family separation because someone on the news told you that you should be upset.

We have to stop people from breaking the law. It's not always going to seem fair to everyone but the alternative is anarchy... Which sounds a lot more fun than it is.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-06-21 07:02:17
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Endoq said: »
Not going to get sucked into this like in years past but I am going to just leave this here...

How many strangers have you personally helped significantly?
Please be specific. Exactly how did you help them and what changes did it make in their life?
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-06-21 08:35:02
Link | Citer | R

what good was the "yes"

[+]
By fonewear 2018-06-21 09:19:50
Link | Citer | R

Probably referring to the Simpsons:

[+]
By fonewear 2018-06-21 09:22:53
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
America's 'Detention Centers' Added to Wikipedia List of Concentration Camps
Gizmodo

If I packed my wife and children into the car and we all robbed a grocery store and got caught, Guess what? We would be seperated.

I would be sent to a male prison, my wife would go to female jail and the kids would go to juvenile.

It wouldn't matter if we were just stealing food because we were hungry. We would all go to jail.

There are legal ways to get food if you are hungry and there are legal ways to immigrate to this country.

You are only upset about family separation because someone on the news told you that you should be upset.

We have to stop people from breaking the law. It's not always going to seem fair to everyone but the alternative is anarchy... Which sounds a lot more fun than it is.

All I get from this is a Judas Priest song:

[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2018-06-21 10:45:03
Link | Citer | R

If you both get sent to jail then family services will try to find the nearest relative able to take your kids in. If that doesn't work then they would go to foster care. Last resort, they go to a shelter.

The sheer number of detainees at the border now (since it's now zero-tolerance) makes this process nearly impossible logistically which is how we have all these kids stacked in holding facilities ("day cares" lol...) with little thought put into where they actually end up. So, no, nice scenario but not compatible with the reality at the border.

Besides, you guys don't need to pretend to be ok with systematic child abuse anymore. The new hotness is indefinite detention. And.... go!
 Siren.Mosin
Serveur: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2018-06-21 10:59:59
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
The sheer number of detainees at the border now

I thought the narrative during wall construction was that no one tries to immigrate here anymore? now it's immigrants by the thousands?

It's tough to keep up. to a bored guy up north, sounds like everyone's chalk full of ***, and I shouldn't be concerned.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2018-06-21 11:00:39
Link | Citer | R

always open to correction though...
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2018-06-21 11:14:52
Link | Citer | R

Who was saying no one tries to immigrate here anymore?

Anyway, this article gives some officials numbers of apprehensions for the past year and a half (http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-immigration-central-americans-20180207-story.html). Only apprehensions so the true number would be higher but the numbers haven't dipped below more than 10k at the very lowest.

This was more sustainable to manage under the older policy (so-called catch and release) but zero tolerance combined with more civil unrest in Latin America makes it not so much.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-06-21 11:55:11
Link | Citer | R

If you both get sent to jail then family services will try to find the nearest relative able to take your kids in. If that doesn't work then they would go to foster care. Last resort, they go to a shelter.

not if they are involved in a crime.

So, no, nice scenario but not compatible with the reality at the border.

I typed slow and used small words that everyone should be able to understand.

Don't do the crime if you can't do the time.

[+]
By fonewear 2018-06-21 11:58:17
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Mosin said: »
The sheer number of detainees at the border now

I thought the narrative during wall construction was that no one tries to immigrate here anymore? now it's immigrants by the thousands?

It's tough to keep up. to a bored guy up north, sounds like everyone's chalk full of ***, and I shouldn't be concerned.

If I see any illegal immigrants I'll head to Home Depot...see what the word on the street is.
[+]
By fonewear 2018-06-21 12:00:31
Link | Citer | R

Dora the explorer will greet them at the border

By fonewear 2018-06-21 12:01:24
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2018-06-21 12:09:43
Link | Citer | R

that was the big line when t-rump was talking up his wonderwall back in 15-16 or whatever. think back, you'll recall.

This was more sustainable to manage under the older policy (so-called catch and release) but zero tolerance combined with more civil unrest in Latin America makes it not so much.

yeah, sounds like the better plan would be to give them 2 gallons of water, a packet of beef jerky, and a 180 degree spin before kickin' them in the ***. maybe the best course of action would be to say no asylum would be granted to anyone trying to cross illegally, then setup a mail / email channel for those wishing to seek it?
[+]
By fonewear 2018-06-21 12:19:44
Link | Citer | R

They are crossing the border to get to Taco Bell.

For some authentic Mexican food.
 Valefor.Endoq
Serveur: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2018-06-21 12:27:35
Link | Citer | R

Yeah probably a Simpsons quote :(
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-06-21 12:28:23
Link | Citer | R

They're trying really hard to say "let all the illegals in" without actually saying it.
[+]
By fonewear 2018-06-21 12:28:24
Link | Citer | R

that was the big line when t-rump was talking up his wonderwall back in 15-16 or whatever. think back, you'll recall.

yeah, sounds like the better plan would be to give them 2 gallons of water, a packet of beef jerky, and a 180 degree spin before kickin' them in the ***. maybe the best course of action would be to say no asylum would be granted to anyone trying to cross illegally, then setup a mail / email channel for those wishing to seek it?

I suggest a donkey also those things can carry a lot of beef jerky.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-06-21 12:37:09
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »

I suggest a donkey also those things can carry a lot of beef jerky.

And they can become jerky when you run out!
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-06-21 12:37:46
Link | Citer | R

The new hotness is indefinite detention

are we talking private prisons?...

[+]
By fonewear 2018-06-21 12:43:30
Link | Citer | R

Can we get the illegal immigrants to build the wall in lieu of deportation ?
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2018-06-21 12:46:48
Link | Citer | R

build 20 linear feet of wall to become a US citizen.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-06-21 12:49:48
Link | Citer | R

A really ill considered add campaign:

Burger King Sorry for Food Offer to Women Who Get Impregnated by World Cup Stars
Bleacher Report

Quote:
Burger King apologized for a campaign that rewarded Russian women who get impregnated by a World Cup player, per Arwa Mahdawi of the Guardian.

The company's Russian division posted an apology Tuesday on the social media site VK, announcing it has pulled the campaign due to backlash and removed all materials related to the promotion.

The original post was offered on VK earlier Tuesday, offering women a lifetime supply of Whoppers as well as 3 million Russian rubles ($47,000) if they become impregnated by a soccer star.

"For these girls, it will be possible to get the best football genes, and will lay down the success of the Russian national team on several generations ahead," the post read, as translated by Lauren Theisen of Deadspin. "Forward! We believe in you!"

The post was deleted after the company acknowledged it was in poor taste
(Its linked to the World Cup and soccer IS a religion.)
[+]
By fonewear 2018-06-21 12:51:56
Link | Citer | R

A really ill considered add campaign:

Burger King Sorry for Food Offer to Women Who Get Impregnated by World Cup Stars
Bleacher Report

Quote:
Burger King apologized for a campaign that rewarded Russian women who get impregnated by a World Cup player, per Arwa Mahdawi of the Guardian.

The company's Russian division posted an apology Tuesday on the social media site VK, announcing it has pulled the campaign due to backlash and removed all materials related to the promotion.

The original post was offered on VK earlier Tuesday, offering women a lifetime supply of Whoppers as well as 3 million Russian rubles ($47,000) if they become impregnated by a soccer star.

"For these girls, it will be possible to get the best football genes, and will lay down the success of the Russian national team on several generations ahead," the post read, as translated by Lauren Theisen of Deadspin. "Forward! We believe in you!"

The post was deleted after the company acknowledged it was in poor taste
(Its linked to the World Cup and soccer IS a religion.)

Soccer is important...looks around America...only if you are about 10 years old.
By clearlyamule 2018-06-21 13:17:49
Link | Citer | R

Anyway, this article gives some officials numbers of apprehensions for the past year and a half (http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-immigration-central-americans-20180207-story.html). Only apprehensions so the true number would be higher but the numbers haven't dipped below more than 10k at the very lowest.

Directx was trying to say people don't want to or something
By clearlyamule 2018-06-21 13:19:14
Link | Citer | R

How many strangers have you personally helped significantly?
Please be specific. Exactly how did you help them and what changes did it make in their life?
And how many broke into your house?
First Page 2 3 ... 107 108 109 110 111