Going to post links to the HD mods I'm making here, was going to post in the other thread but seems to of been abandoned with lots of dead links and images on it.
When you click the download link, click the white arrow top right to download the file.
In the zip files are the modded files and the originals so they can be changed back and fourth easily, either manually copy the dats over one by one or drag the "ROM" folder from the mod zip to the "FINAL FANTASY XI" on your hard drive. Click yes on the confirmation prompts to overwrite the specific files (it won't do anything but overwrite the specified files in the folders).
Uploaded first monster pack.
1.
All ghosts
All bhoots
All skeletons
All Drugaurs
All Apkallu including the marjami ravine grey version.
All leeches
All colibri
All brown base goblins including npcs and goblin riding choco and trust gob.
All armored black goblins
All red armored goblins.
Goobues (inc trust)
All Urugnites
Ark angels from zilart, 99 bcnm and trusts (not in some cut scenes)
Chocobo (all but bred versions (green, red, black, yellow raised not changed)
All crabs (including mounts / jugpets and barnacle versions in adoulin area), all pugils, all gears (single and trip), all ramparts, all bees, all puks.
All demons, Lizards, crawler, fly, tauri, gargoyle, wamoura & campa.
Ahrimans
Rabbits
Bombs and Snolls
Scorpions
Cockatrice
Mandragora
Dolls
Tigers
Raptors
Dhamels
Sheep variants from all timelines
Ram variants including ones in seekers ice area.
Sea monks
Coeurls
Morbols
Treants
Beetles
Golems
Evil weapons
Orcs (not all done yet)
Carbuncle and avatar vers
Clusters
Red raptor
Ziz
Baby sheep in mog gardens
Mounts of all above
Rockfin WKR and Delve Shark bosses
Darrculin monster and trust.
Since it's so many files it might be best to use the XIpivot addon above, if anyone noticed any problems let me know. I may redo some of these yet still.
Important NPCs, cut-scene versions, BCNM etc (ie kam'lanaut, Lion, Cid etc).
All Trusts
Elemental staves & Griovaur? staff.
Random Adoulin things waypoint warp rings, Reive Tree trunks, mushrooms, tents, wasp nests etc
Mounts not already done.
Monsters (field monsters, npcs like moogles, mog garden npcs and cut-scene ones like phoenix and Altana)
I did this one a bit different, the basic mod folder has HQ mods for all races so you can just use that alone if you want.
However if you want an even clearer mod for your race only (since scythe is so big and it's on your back) there is an additional folder "ZZ Your race only (use 1 dat)", inside there you can copy the dat for your race only which is HQ2 (larger res). So by using the mod folder it adds hq1 mods for all races and hq2 is a single dat for your race only.
folder 344
Taru is rom/344/54.dat
Mithra is rom/344/85.dat
Elvaan Female is rom/344/23.dat
Galka is rom/344/116.dat
folder 343
Hume Female is rom/343/89.dat
Hume Male is rom/343/58.dat
Elvaan Male is rom/343/120.dat
If you want to install only specific for your race and glow:
"Keep in mind that H2h are classed as dual wield so each set is 2 dats, 1 for each hand.
folder 241 and 242 are base 99 weapons without glow
folder 272, 273, 274 are glow dats
Taru = 273/106 & 274/31
Mithra = 273/118 & 274/36
Hume F = 273/70 & 274/16
Hume M = 272/122 & 273/8
Elvan f = 273/94 & 274/26
Elvaan M = 273/82 & 274/21
Galka = 274/2 & 274/41
"
Install the middle one for all races in the mod folder, then optionally the singular dat file for your race only (which is a little higher res for glow 99)
Like with the Scythe above, there is the normal double texture size mods for all races and slots in the mod folder and bigger textures of body and hat for singular race only (don't have to use these at all).
I use the normal mod first and then overwrite hat and body for my race only (using smaller textures for all other races is less wasteful on system resources since you're not going to be seeing them so close anyway)
This is a rework of Amelilas HD mod, I reduced the size from 62 meg to 36 meg, so it loads faster when you zone. (almost all the textures in southern sandy were made by Amelila as were a lot of the textures in the side rooms).
Fixed a problem with the small bushes.
Changed the clouds back to vanilla (if you use uncompressed textures in the ffxi config these look better imo)
Updated a few textures including doors and the spiral floor texture from the lower jeuno mod.
Changed the tent texture, was causing shimmering.
Updated all the side rooms.
If you just want to use the sandoria mod but not the others just use the 31.dat.
Mod list:South Sandy 31
(left turn from mog house) room 1 - 116, room 2 - 115, room 3 - 120
lion springs - 106
stores weapons - 108, armor - 109
Chocobo stable - 105
west side - left branch
room 1 112 (this room has a crash issue if you enter from certain angles, this is a game issue not the mod)
room 2 left - 107, food store on right 110
(leather guild) 103, (leather shop upstairs) 104
room 3 left - 117 room 4 right - 113
west side - right branch
room 1 - 119, room 2 - 118, room 3 - 114
Counts manor - 111
Since Amelila didn't finish it I decided to do Port Sandoria, most of the textures are from Amelilas S and N Sandoria mods so all the 3 zones will look the same.
Undersea ruins is a dark zone, so they won't look as bright as this. This pic is taken in a zone viewer. Regardless gives a before and after comparison.
Due to this being a busy zone I had to lower some of the textures below what I wanted them to be, but given these zones are multi-file and the game loads different parts as you run around I had to make compromises to make sure it runs well. The skybox remains white, I can't change that (escha also has no day / night cycle)
Rank 1 to 15 for each nation redone in HD, rank 11 to 15 not used currently but did them in-case they are ever used in the future. They use the same animations from the originals.
Level up (should be player and monster)
Job point
Merit point
New challenge on-screen text for records of eminence.
--
Cosmetics
Lilac corsage.
Gobby mask.
Goblin Coif.
Gazers Helmet (this isn't the one on the auction house, think it's a mog bonanza item)
All ark angel weapons.
((A couple of alt swimsuits of the male version shown above (no tattoo or original tattoo instead of the dragon), male only and just for the swimsuit shown for males (this is an old mod) - https://tinyurl.com/y9f8oc9e))
Currently updated misc items:
All chests (inc coffers, chests, gob chests, tenshodo, skirmish etc.
All mimics associated with above chests.
All outpost flags (UPDATED to remove ugly moss from around the bases).
Jeuno elevator.
Jeuno magian trials crate by moogle.
Boat / Dinghi to mog garden
All books, survival, ambuscade, FoV, GoV books etc.
--
Omega mount and CoP monster and the bcnm boss updated to HD (if you just want to install the mount it's the file in rom1 the ones in rom3 are cop / bncm bosses).
Okay here is the HD Chaos Set for all races except Taru because for some reason all Taru armors are different ratios and texture layouts
Following telepoint dat made by Bangerang.
This dat can cause a hitch or a stutter when it comes into view (usually only happens once per zone) due to loading it in and it being a large file. I don't know if it happens on ssd but does for me on a normal hd.
Updates Involving Amelilas mods (all the textures were done by him, I just expanded the zones covered (converted sandy south to dynamis 1&2 and ported the mog house dats to the ones they missed)
-- *** ---
For anyone that uses Amelilias San d'Oria mods.
It bothered me that north used different grass to south, so I swapped the one from south into north. Now they both use the same grass texture.
This is all Amelilas work, I just swapped a single texture from their other mod into this one.
For anyone that uses Amelilas Mog house dats, I ported the same textures to the rentarooms for missing mog houses in Sandy, Windy and Bastok (not home nation ones).
This is all Amelilas work, I just ported the textures over to the dats they missed. Didn't change or add anything.
Optimized and updated Amelilas Gustaberg South and North mods.
Reduced the size from:
North 104mb to 63mb
South 92mb to 47mb
The files in folder rom/92/ are the original (bump maps) dats and are much smaller, if you installed Amelilas original you will need to intall these originals too (or just delete the updated ones and use the originals).
Zone times should be massively faster (and any issues with black screen should be gone too), also the initial flyover won't pause to load anymore when it shows gusta before character select.
I made the grass less green so it looks more fitting to the surroundings and made the pathways lighter so they stand out more.
North and South Gusta dat files.
rom/0/124.dat
rom/0/123.dat
Amelila also changed the bump map files so changed these back to originals, the ones included in the zip are the originals in-case you installed Amelilas.
rom/92/25.dat
rom/92/24.dat
---
Also updated North Gustaberg (S) in the past as an additional.
***these are no longer relevent***
This zip is 4 faces of mithra only, the band shown on the lower 2 isn't the one on the dats. Took picture of the wrong one.
I installed some of these the other night and man0man beautiful!! Can't get off my throne anymore lol, I tried downloading the Sandoria file from youtube but ran into many issues my PC was not having it. These however were simple, quick and easy and priceless most of all
Not to hijack the thread but I figured I should mention these here since I haven't seen these posted on the forum, I think kireek uses them also? https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKJ4a33wIHWadqXW7SP87aQ
Amelila person reskinned full E Saru, W Saru, E Ron, W Ron, Mis. Coast, V. Dunes, Lathein and parts of South Sandy that's a work in progress atm.
Most of they look great the Lathein one got some issues with the grass and the moss on the crags
--
I made one file where I can just drag and drop all of kireek's mods, amelila's zones and jeanpual's icons all at once for my friends that I've been updating when kireek makes new stuff.
I dunno how I feel about the sandy zone, I like most of amel's stuff because it's loyal to the original. Sandy zone has too many liberties taken.
The detail on the floor makes the zone wayyyy darker than it normally is. original sandy ground is very light grey. the circular patterns near the guild (which are also used in jeuno) are wayyyyyyyy darker.
The hallway to N.sandy has the most changes, the brick isn't sandy style flat but almost bastok style on the wall, and a totally new pattern was added to the ground runner which seems out of place.
Amel's Mis.Coast, Sarutas, Ronfaurs are incredible.
Not to hijack the thread but I figured I should mention these here since I haven't seen these posted on the forum, I think kireek uses them also? https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKJ4a33wIHWadqXW7SP87aQ
Amelila person reskinned full E Saru, W Saru, E Ron, W Ron, Mis. Coast, V. Dunes, Lathein and parts of South Sandy that's a work in progress atm.
Most of they look great the Lathein one got some issues with the grass and the moss on the crags
--
I made one file where I can just drag and drop all of kireek's mods, amelila's zones and jeanpual's icons all at once for my friends that I've been updating when kireek makes new stuff.
Could you be nice enough to upload that one big file? xD
These texture modes along with the saruta/ronfoure etc overhauls are what convince me to sub again... lol