Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Dev Tracker - Discussion
Dev Tracker - Discussion
First Page 2 3 ... 433 434 435
By Pantafernando 2024-05-12 15:36:06
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, but making that all players in besieged to lvl cap at 75 would even out the fight as supposed intended, instead of risking for example, they make Mireu level of mobs in zone.

Also, do notice the longer it lasts, more people will gather.

Also, stronger foes means faster and more complex attacks.

There is a good chance neo Besieged will be unplayable
By Pantafernando 2024-05-12 15:39:20
Link | Citer | R

And if the problem is the f***ng voucher, just make a more precise alert of Besieged instead the horrible "mobs are approaching", "mobs are nearing".

Most of time, I had to stay put there doing nothing only waiting the guys to arrive.

Just make the alert: "foes attacking in 15 minutes!"
By Nariont 2024-05-12 15:43:45
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »
Yeah, but making that all players in besieged to lvl cap at 75 would even out the fight as supposed intended, instead of risking for example, they make Mireu level of mobs in zone.

Wanna say they dont want to make it the miserable 1 hr lag/dc fest it was during its relevancy, just want that middle ground of;
-enticing to go(voucher, maybe some EP/CP added instead of LP)
-relatively quick so you can get in/out

Kinda doubt theyll revamp the whole thing to take it back to that lag filled mess, but who knows.

PS2 Dev limitations, please understand
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Serveur: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2024-05-12 20:32:32
Link | Citer | R

And if the problem is the f***ng voucher, just make a more precise alert of Besieged instead the horrible "mobs are approaching", "mobs are nearing".

Most of time, I had to stay put there doing nothing only waiting the guys to arrive.

Wonder if they could just use Unity Chat for this?
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-05-12 20:39:19
Link | Citer | R

If unity chat for stuff like that was good, http://www.whereisdi.com wouldnt be needed
[+]
By Seun 2024-05-12 22:58:46
Link | Citer | R

It really isn't needed. You get a 10 minute warning in Unity chat and it takes far less time to just manually check each area. It always follows the same rotation.

The problem is that unity chat fills up, much like besieged used to.

We don't need an alert about an event that happens every day, all day long on rotation. For things we would want alerts for, unity chat isn't useful because it gets full.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-05-12 23:15:55
Link | Citer | R

You literally said "its not needed because reasons" and then specified the primary reason why it is needed.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-05-13 22:18:43
Link | Citer | R

I've reread the thing about AA gear a few times now and I'm gaslighting myself into believing that he means the sets will actually be usable equipment with stats
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-05-13 22:29:48
Link | Citer | R

No shot, well maybe, upon another watch he only said lockstyle and the weapons sometimes come from login campaign. Still doubt it.

Said; cosmetic weapons exist so we made the armor, doesn't automatically mean cosmetic, but strongly suggests.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-05-13 22:32:10
Link | Citer | R

Seun said: »
It really isn't needed. You get a 10 minute warning in Unity chat and it takes far less time to just manually check each area. It always follows the same rotation.

The problem is that unity chat fills up, much like besieged used to.

We don't need an alert about an event that happens every day, all day long on rotation. For things we would want alerts for, unity chat isn't useful because it gets full.

6 people in zitah (3 solo, 1 of which is not lv99, 1 party looks to be PLing someone)
8 people in ruaun (1 solo, 2 parties, looks like a bot alliance though)
4 people in Reisen (4 solo)

You said DI can be easily figured out by searching areas, so where is DI?
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2024-05-13 23:03:44
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
6 people in zitah (3 solo, 1 of which is not lv99, 1 party looks to be PLing someone)

I remember trying to figure this out myself , thinking of the three zones there would be one outlier. But outside of the few of them just before and then just after the JPM Reset, it's usually hard to gauge by searches alone.

Mnejing's Receiver is vital for Besieged because it happens rarely enough that you don't think to check the /bmap all the time. It ironically would have been a lot smarter to have DI on a visible map like Besieged because you're usually seeking it out voluntarily. Campaign mercifully has both, even if the map lags behind by a few minutes.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2024-05-13 23:39:22
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
I've reread the thing about AA gear a few times now and I'm gaslighting myself into believing that he means the sets will actually be usable equipment with stats
I wish that were the case, but I just don't believe it.

My god, I want a new tank set though! Enmity and SIRD, on gear that isn't a decade old! With not ***meva! Yeah, not happening, though.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-05-14 02:22:38
Link | Citer | R

C!
[+]
By Seun 2024-05-14 03:22:42
Link | Citer | R

You have me confused with someone else. I never said or suggested you use search function to guess where DI is. I said carry your *** to the NPC and check manually because you have 5-10 minutes between events. Nobody feels bad when they miss something that happens all day every day.

You might go a week without seeing a Besieged pop, depending on how much you play. Worthy.
 Phoenix.Iocus
Serveur: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-05-14 06:45:29
Link | Citer | R

100% fluff on your brain. Being wrong would be a delight!

I assume they are doing all 5, which will be great for mix and match. 5 different ilvl sets on the other hand would be pretty amazing. We don't need upgrades, but sortie isn't getting any shorter, so easier would be appreciated. Lol with movement speed +24% for all jobs. <grand delusions
 Shiva.Thorny
Serveur: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-05-14 06:52:20
Link | Citer | R

It's a translation, not native japanese, so it's up for interpretation. But:
Quote:
Ark Angel equipment will be added to the game separate from certain cosmetic versions already in the game. The gear will be compatible with all races. For example, Elvaan AK gear will not be Elvaan exclusive. This content has no risk of being cancelled and will 100% be happening, so look forward to it.

It seems pretty likely it will be actual equipment, not cosmetics. They've already stated that Baha+Chaos is the last master trial, and I don't think there's been any other content that drops solely cosmetics. I'm not seeing anything specifically stating that it'll be armor though, it might just be another round of subprime weapons.

Best way to interpret it as cosmetic would be if it was something like that shadow lord campaign for the HTBCs, I guess. But, hard to call that content, IMO.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-05-14 08:00:37
Link | Citer | R

You have me confused with someone else. I never said or suggested you use search function to guess where DI is.

oh?

You get a 10 minute warning in Unity chat and it takes far less time to just manually check each area.

ok whats this?

"Run to every zone and check the NPC" is really dumb lol especially since it is not within the realm of impossibility to enter zitah as DI ends, NPC will say no fight, then you can go to RuAun before the 10 minute warning has kicked in and see no fight. Then you ring over to Reisen and see no fight, and now you're wondering what the *** is going on.

it was Zitah
By Seun 2024-05-14 09:25:48
Link | Citer | R

You get a 10 minute warning in Unity chat and it takes far less time to just manually check each area.

ok whats this?

"Run to every zone and check the NPC" is really dumb lol

About the only satisfaction I get from DI is guessing which zone is active and going to find out if I was right or not. A 'new' game made from old content is kinda the reason why we're still here at all Nynja. Maybe you never approached it that way, but you should be able to appreciate it, especially considering where we are in this game's life.
By Pantafernando 2024-05-14 09:33:25
Link | Citer | R

it was Zitah

A friend of a friend told me the 2 99 players were collecting merits for HTBF!

Ad that the non-99 player was him!
[+]
 Fenrir.Richybear
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2024-05-14 09:35:12
Link | Citer | R

Making up a game within the game?
May as well place bets to yourself like "oooooh I bet the weather checker says it's gonna be snowy in Beaucedine! I WIN!"
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-05-14 09:40:13
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Richybear said: »
Making up a game within the game?
May as well place bets to yourself like "oooooh I bet the weather checker says it's gonna be snowy in Beaucedine! I WIN!"

I would prefer a game like:
“Hmmm….. what color is the panties youre using today?”
“Its a boxer briefs. YOU LOSE!”
 Fenrir.Richybear
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2024-05-14 09:41:17
Link | Citer | R

petition to change name to Pantyfernando lol
 Phoenix.Iocus
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-05-14 09:41:26
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Martel said: »

My god, I want a new tank set though! Enmity and SIRD, on gear that isn't a decade old! With not ***meva! Yeah, not happening, though.

How about knockback distance on the 20% sird empy pieces?
 Bahamut.Negan
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2024-05-14 13:29:39
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Iocus said: »
Ragnarok.Martel said: »

How about knockback distance on the 20% sird empy pieces?
They could call it "Anchor"!
[+]
By Meeble 2024-05-14 14:04:18
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Thorny said: »
They've already stated that Baha+Chaos is the last master trial

It's a little sad that they never made lux models for the rest of the weapon types. Scythe, Great Axe, and Shield in particular would have looked amazing.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2024-05-14 14:45:44
Link | Citer | R

"Run to every zone and check the NPC" is really dumb lol especially since it is not within the realm of impossibility to enter zitah as DI ends, NPC will say no fight, then you can go to RuAun before the 10 minute warning has kicked in and see no fight. Then you ring over to Reisen and see no fight, and now you're wondering what the *** is going on.
This exact thing happened to me the very first time I ever went searching for DI. I was confused, but I knew it was a rotation, so I thought I'd stand in Reisenjima until it showed up. After 45 minutes, I gave up.
By jubes 2024-05-14 22:12:41
Link | Citer | R

do they not do the moogles in town for anniversaries any more? they gave out trusts, xp rings, old costumes, etc.
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-05-14 22:19:39
Link | Citer | R

Like one more day till they show up with the boxes full of costumes aldo fab and moogle

Quote:
2021 Sunday, May 16, at 1:00 a.m. (PDT) to Monday, May 31, at 7:59 a.m.
2022 Monday, May 16, at 1:00 a.m. (PDT) to Tuesday, May 31, at 7:59 a.m.
2023 Tuesday, May 16, at 1:00 a.m. (PDT) to Wednesday, May 31, at 7:59 a.m.
[+]
 Fenrir.Velner
user: Velner
By Fenrir.Velner 2024-05-14 22:24:41
Link | Citer | R

Until you come to Fenrir and find that sometimes DI doesn't get done for hours on end. I left myself afk one night at Reisenjima hoping somebody would kill Quetz when he popped while I slept. Nobody touched it allll night.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2024-05-15 00:00:25
Link | Citer | R

DI locator in ~2 minutes, 99% accuracy:
1) HP to Misareaux, zone into Escha and check NPC.
2) If no dragon, Dim Ring, click the portal to Reisen and check NPC there.
3) If it's not in those, it's in Zi'tah.

If you happen to get incredibly unlucky and Unity chat was full AND it popped in Ru'Aun mere seconds after you zoned out, go do Sortie or something instead.
First Page 2 3 ... 433 434 435