Loricate torque DT-7
Ternion Dagger TA+6
Perun STP+10
Kustawi racc+40
Emet harmness PDT-8 enmity +15
Jute boots mov speed+20%
Wingcutter crit hit+4%
Pukulatuj enh+20

I am more inclined to believe upgrades like oboro jse weapons or eascha-zitah gear. Single path basic acc/attack/stp/pdt/vit/mnd etc
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2020-03-03 08:27:44
Link | Citer | R

I rather hope its not Unity augments.

it seems unlikely to have a whole new battle content system to augment unity gear.
 Asura.Erupt
Serveur: Asura
user: erupt
By Asura.Erupt 2020-03-03 08:33:02
Link | Citer | R

FaeQueenCory said: »
Pantafernando said: »
If i had to guess, you will need some amount of unm battle done at least once. SE was always about not skipping content (aka, egon, ygnas, RoV, etc)
They have said that it won't involve UCNM mats, and won't be through the UCNM NPCs.
At least that's going off of Freshly Picked 47 and 49.

But I can definitely see them locking the ability to augment the relevant gear behind the completion of the relevant RoE (or title? idr if UCNMs have titles or not).
Which aside from Tumult Curator isn't that big of a restriction.

Meeble said: »
They likely think players will enjoy it best if the augment system requires 10x of the old UNM item plus ?x drops from the new content for a random chance at ideal augments, SR-style. Or worse, Oseem-style.
It's single path ranked augments. ala FrePiVana47:
Quote:
ユニティ:ウォンテッド装備の打ち直し
(0:28:27)
「+1」の装備品にオーグメントを付与できるようにする予定です。
オーグメントはランダムではなく、1ルートで強化していくイメージです。
Quote:
Strengthening Unity Wanted Equipment
+1 equipment will gain augments.
Augment isn't random, but is a single upgrading route/path.
We should know more details on Friday.

Like completing all UCNMs? Because otherwise you would have had to kill the UCNM to have the piece to augment in the first place.
By SimonSes 2020-03-03 08:41:06
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »

it seems unlikely to have a whole new battle content system to augment unity gear.

How you can write this after they specifically said we are getting Unity augments lol

They hinted Siren several months before they put her in game
They hinted Unity gear few times in the past few months
They will hint Empyrean upgrade a lot several months before they will add it. Stop counting on getting surprised here lol
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2020-03-03 08:41:56
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Erupt said: »

Like completing all UCNMs? Because otherwise you would have had to kill the UCNM to have the piece to augment in the first place.

Actually UNM items are obtainable from Gobbie box, and can be sent via POL. Very possible they also show in the Nyzul campaign going on atm, too.
 Lakshmi.Kyera
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Celina
By Lakshmi.Kyera 2020-03-03 09:14:47
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »

Actually UNM items are obtainable from Gobbie box, and can be sent via POL. Very possible they also show in the Nyzul campaign going on atm, too.

They do pop up in the current NNI campaign, I got Fists of Fury just yesterday from there.
[+]
 Asura.Erupt
By Asura.Erupt 2020-03-03 10:24:53
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »

Ah ok hadn't thought of those scenarios.
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
Serveur: Leviathan
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2020-03-03 11:16:03
Link | Citer | R

What about...

Assiduity pants refresh +3
Loricate torque DT-7
Ternion Dagger TA+6
Perun STP+10
Kustawi racc+40
Jute boots mov speed+20%
Wingcutter crit hit+4%
Pukulatuj enh+20

I'll take more meva or HP on Loricate before DT please! HP+ on emet too!
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2020-03-03 12:17:50
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »

How you can write this after they specifically said we are getting Unity augments lol

They will hint Empyrean upgrade a lot several months before they will add it. Stop counting on getting surprised here lol

Montante+1 - The Reckoning?
 Bismarck.Rwolf
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Rwolf
By Bismarck.Rwolf 2020-03-03 12:18:05
Link | Citer | R

Unity gear for sure. I'm sure it's not all Unity just like Omen and Dynamis-Divergence wasn't just about armor upgrades.

Some nice direct drops, Unity upgrades and crafted stuff as well is my guess.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2020-03-03 12:54:33
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »

because unity upgrades would be boring. so I HOPE that is not what it is. I didn't say that they won't do unity augments. I SAID I HOPE NOT. Why do you go after someone for having a opinion? Especially since it doesn't challenge your opinion and merely states a preference?

Augmenting unity gear seems alot of work for little gain.

Same with Adding a whole new battle system for unity augments. It seems alot of development work for little gain.

I'm imagining Domain invasion level unity gear. and domain invasion is so boring.

Then again its hard to tell how much work they are putting into it.

I'm close to burning out on the game now. so I really want something to inject some new life into it. New battle content sounds good. They said over a year ago, they were looking at making a new battle system. and it seems this should be it.

Is there anyone who would not PREFER to work towards empyrean +3 armor than augmented Unity gear?
By SimonSes 2020-03-03 13:17:19
Link | Citer | R

because unity upgrades would be boring. so I HOPE that is not what it is. I didn't say that they won't do unity augments. I SAID I HOPE NOT. Why do you go after someone for having a opinion? Especially since it doesn't challenge your opinion and merely states a preference?

Because at this point its not a matter of hope or no hope, it's a fact. There can be something on top of Unity gear in that event, but Unity gear is there for sure and it's a main reward, because otherwise they wouldn't hype it. They literally told us that several times in past few months.

Same with Adding a whole new battle system for unity augments. It seems alot of development work for little gain.

I'm imagining Domain invasion level unity gear. and domain invasion is so boring.

How you can know that without seeing augments. There is quite a lot of unity gear that is pretty good even without augments. They said it will be around Ambuscade +2 level of power. Ambuscade +2 gear is nothing amazing but some pieces are BIS for many jobs.

Is there anyone who would not PREFER to work towards empyrean +3 armor than augmented Unity gear?

Probably 100% of playerbase would prefer that, but it's impossible that they would hype us for Unity gear several times recently and give us Empyrean +3 out of nowhere. It just wont happen.
 Asura.Erupt
By Asura.Erupt 2020-03-03 13:21:13
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Rwolf said: »
Unity gear for sure. I'm sure it's not all Unity just like Omen and Dynamis-Divergence wasn't just about armor upgrades.

Some nice direct drops, Unity upgrades and crafted stuff as well is my guess.

I'd be pleasantly surprised to see this level of content.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-03-03 13:26:01
Link | Citer | R

I wanna see Astral Detritus dropping like crazy form Odyssey!
[+]
 Leviathan.Isiolia
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2020-03-03 13:36:38
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
I wanna see Astral Detritus dropping like crazy form Odyssey!

Maybe it'll be another place to get RP for JSE necks and Su4/5 weapons as well.

Nice as Empyrean +2/3 might end up being, AF and Relic upgrades have sort of set a trend for the process being a bit tedious, if not expensive. Revitalizing a slew of older, (mostly) multi-job items has potential to be more appealing. It'd be nice to see for the not-Selbina HTB drops as well.
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2020-03-03 19:49:36
Link | Citer | R

Then again its hard to tell how much work they are putting into it.
Well have I got "news" for you~! (News that's hella old now since it comes from Fre'Pi'Vana49.)
Quote:
ウォンテッド装備打ち直し用のコンテンツは、導入部分がCL119程度で参加できるイメージで、拡張によって歯ごたえのあるものにしていければと考えています。
報酬面も相応のもので、アンバスケード装備+2くらいになります。
打ち直しはアクセサリも対応予定です。
Quote:
The battle content for upgrading UCNM +1 gear is designed to start at Content Level 119, and we want to make it more difficult later <or possibly that it increases in difficulty like Incursion? Japanese, yo>.
The rewards <aka the fully upgraded UCNM items, but there's also the possibility that there's new Odyssey reward items too> will be around the power level of Ambuscade +2 gear. <Means very little about weapons, as those are numberless. Same with accessories.>
Accessories are included in this upgrade system.
And from FrePiVana47:
Quote:
ユニティ:ウォンテッド装備の打ち直し
「+1」の装備品にオーグメントを付与できるようにする予定です。
オーグメントはランダムではなく、1ルートで強化していくイメージです。
Quote:
Strengthening Unity Wanted Equipment
+1 equipment will gain augments.
Augment isn't random, but is a single upgrading route/path.
Hope that clears up any questions and misconceptions.
They're doing this to increase gear choice, I would wager for new and returning people in mind; especially given how Odyssey is supposed to start as 119 content.
So look at UCNM stuff. Look at the +2 Ambuscade sets. That's the jump we should roughly expect.
 Odin.Llewelyn
Serveur: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2020-03-03 19:51:15
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Isiolia said: »
Maybe it'll be another place to get RP for JSE necks and Su4/5 weapons as well.
Hope not. I like my Heroism Crystal gil.
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2020-03-03 20:01:36
Link | Citer | R

What about...

Assiduity pants refresh +3
Loricate torque DT-7
Ternion Dagger TA+6
Perun STP+10
Kustawi racc+40
Jute boots mov speed+20%
Wingcutter crit hit+4%
Pukulatuj enh+20
That's basically what you could expect from a +2ing of them. Which is why I hope they didn't change gears from what they've said previously. Since a 3 slot, R15/20/25/99 augment is so much more variable in what the items can offer.

Like take gelatinous ring +1, with a +2, it would just be HP+10~35 PDT-8%. Boring.
But with a R15 augment of HP+50/DT-3%/some other effect... let's say Regen+3? Then you have a HP+60~85 PDT-10% MDT-2% BDT-3% Regen+3 <all jobs> ring. So much more useful and potential for so many jobs' sets.

The only thing for certain with augments is that the various accuracies will total to be in the +40 range.
Everything else has so much potential as that's just 1/3 slots of the ranked augment.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2020-03-03 20:24:27
Link | Citer | R

I just want them to remove the unity based stat variance. It was fine before unity trusts, you just changed to whatever was first place once a week. But now..? ugh. Either lose your preferred UC trust or have gimp gear stats.

At least for awhile the unities with good trust tended to be in first place, or close. But with RMT and gain exp farmers jumping in the last place unity for the accolade bonus, you now have an endless cycle of last week's last place being the new first place this week. ad infinitum.
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2020-03-03 20:30:09
Link | Citer | R

That's why I gave my Gelatinous Ring example HP+50 in the augment. I hope they follow suit and use 1 of the 3 slots to boost the Unity Rank bonus effect so it's not as big of a deal to not be in #1.

But this is SE, so.......
[+]
 Fenrir.Loynis
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Loynis 2020-03-03 20:36:36
Link | Citer | R

The augments only apply to the +1 version right, and not the NQ? I haven't been following this much since UCNM (PUG for sure) seems dead on my server.
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-03-03 20:43:39
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
At least for awhile the unities with good trust tended to be in first place, or close. But with RMT and gain exp farmers jumping in the last place unity for the accolade bonus, you now have an endless cycle of last week's last place being the new first place this week. ad infinitum.

Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2020-03-03 21:34:42
Link | Citer | R

I question how much direct unity armor/weapons will be viable in augments, aside from maybe some WS/enmity gear. The lack of magic evasion and such can be disconcerting for using much of it. If the accessories get augments though...that ***will be pretty bonkers. Plenty of good accessories that are still close to or are viable.
By Pantafernando 2020-03-04 02:48:40
Link | Citer | R

News announced and they are quite big.

Sounded like Odyssey was something like abyssea/escha: farm pops, pop NM, get item to augment wanted item. NM having gimmicks to ensure fun. They mentioned “trash mobs”. I wonder if new exp/cp camps? If thats true, its great news.

Mireu gonna be adjusted.

Monberaux is item user.

Velkks ambu fml
 Asura.Shermansmith
By Asura.Shermansmith 2020-03-04 03:02:48
Link | Citer | R

Also unity augments "at the end"
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-03-04 03:03:33
Link | Citer | R

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/56549-Announcing-the-March-Version-Update

Announcing the March Version Update

Good day, adventurers!
Matsui here with your March version update roundup.

With the introduction of Siren last month, I couldn’t help but think back on my high school days. Homer’s The Odyssey featured sirens, after all. The epic tale inspired me to become interested in Greek and Nordic mythology, and I read many a book on the subject. Although I suppose part of it was just me wanting to escape studying for university entrance exams, the knowledge I gained turned out to be incredibly useful after I joined Square. Funny how the world works, isn’t it?

With that, let’s dig into March!

First, the big news. We’re implemented the all-new battle content that we’ve brought up several times in the past. Its name? “Odyssey!” Sometimes the segues just write themselves.

Odyssey is what we dubbed internally “exploration-centric content” that contains not only battles against trash mobs, but also the ability to spawn various notorious monsters based on various items and the presence of various objects with special gimmicks—elements which we hope will provide for a more varied adventuring experience. Additionally, the farther along you are in your Odyssey, the easier some of the more tricky elements become, providing an incentive for you to really go all-out. At the end of your journey await augments to existing Wanted Battle equipment. Be sure to give Odyssey a try when it hits the servers.

Next up is a new alter ego—Monberaux.
You can receive a cipher to call forth Monberaux in exchange for 480 deeds of heroism, obtainable by completing monthly Records of Eminence objectives. True to his character, Monberaux is a doctor, and he will concoct a variety of potions and tonics to support you in his role as a healer. Of course, he remains as masculine and classy as ever!

Ambuscade features an all-new battle against tulfaires and a revival of the Velkk battle. This month’s theme is “welcoming Spring in with a bang,” and the tulfaire boss is accompanied with an elemental to match—although which elemental he summons changes throughout the course of the battle. I hope you enjoy seeing what’s in store!

Finally, I’d like to thank you for all your feedback on Domain Invasion. We’ve been following the discussions closely, and are working on a couple adjustments to Mireu that we hope will make him less of a pain to battle against. Watch this space for more info.

As always, below is a table of items to be added in March. Last-minute issues may arise that prevent us from implementing all of them, but we’re doing our utmost to make sure they all make the deadline.

Bahamut.Negan
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2020-03-04 03:06:13
Link | Citer | R

HATE IT! OMFG RAGE!

They made Mireu easy now, great! This game was starting to get too hard.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-03-04 04:41:59
Link | Citer | R

If there will be just adjustments to Mireu, that means reward-wise nothing new will come up.

It would be better more rewards instead of nerf
By Ruaumoko 2020-03-04 04:53:25
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Aeonova said: »
Next up is a new alter ego—Monberaux. You can receive a cipher to call forth Monberaux in exchange for 480 deeds of heroism, obtainable by completing monthly Records of Eminence objectives. True to his character, Monberaux is a doctor, and he will concoct a variety of potions and tonics to support you in his role as a healer. Of course, he remains as masculine and classy as ever!
Why-oh-why was Chemist never added as a job in this game?

[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 121 122 123 ... 436 437 438