First Page 2 3 ... 120 121 122 ... 436 437 438
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-02-28 21:05:40
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Thorny said: »
Calling it in advance:
Monberaux will distribute temporary items to you as his primary function(potentially to your teammates as well).

This is probably what they might end up doing, which I think would be lazy. I hope it's something like he has abilities where he can use random items, based on battle conditions and party status effects, including jobs. Like a sylvie clone with items though. Like

Silence = Throw an Echo at you/party member
Paralyzed/blinded/more than 2 -na debuffs on = throw remedy
critical HP/MP = throw megalixir (subject to timer re-use)
Eraseable debuff = Panacea
Randomly throws Berserkers/Double Shot/Attack/Accuracy/Macc/Mab/Regain tonics, based on your job

Giving you the option to use a temp item would just slow you down because you'd have to use it. Though, if he gave out stuff like Revit/Super Revit I would actually prefer him throwing that in my inventory instead. No chance they actually add revit's for free via NPC
 Asura.Aeonova
Serveur: Asura
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-02-28 21:20:46
Link | Citer | R

Monberaux as Geomancer bubble with item potency + effect. lulz
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-02-28 21:23:07
Link | Citer | R

I actually meant their AI logic. Sylvie's is quite unique.
By FaeQueenCory 2020-02-28 22:09:47
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Calling it in advance:
Monberaux will distribute temporary items to you as his primary function(potentially to your teammates as well).

This is probably what they might end up doing, which I think would be lazy. I hope it's something like he has abilities where he can use random items, based on battle conditions and party status effects, including jobs. Like a sylvie clone with items though. Like

Randomly throws Berserkers/Double Shot/Attack/Accuracy/Macc/Mab/Regain tonics, based on your job

Giving you the option to use a temp item would just slow you down because you'd have to use it. Though, if he gave out stuff like Revit/Super Revit I would actually prefer him throwing that in my inventory instead. No chance they actually add revit's for free via NPC
I'm not sure constant temp items would be feasible? They'd have to add temp items to every zone (including instances) if they went that way.

I expect he'll more have an "infinite" "supply" of meds that he can use on anyone.
In reality they'll be either a "JA" or a TP move... no real item use, just an ability that looks to the end user like he used a potion.
I wouldn't be shocked if there's some potion envy that his potions are equivalent to Cure4s, while ours are a +0% potency Cure2 at best.

What I'm most curious about is if he uses "ethers" or not, and if he follows KoH rules or is more generic in his potion use; as I don't expect him to be using any of the buffing meds. (Though would gladly be wrong about that.)
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-02-29 00:34:53
Link | Citer | R

This is my OCD *** collecting every single rare item while playing JRPGs from NES > SNES > PS1 era. Let's hope Monberaux is not all of this:

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Asura.Vanixim
By Asura.Vanixim 2020-02-29 01:44:39
Link | Citer | R

FaeQueenCory said: »
Calling it in advance:

I'm not sure constant temp items would be feasible? They'd have to add temp items to every zone (including instances) if they went that way.

I expect he'll more have an "infinite" "supply" of meds that he can use on anyone.
In reality they'll be either a "JA" or a TP move... no real item use, just an ability that looks to the end user like he used a potion.
I wouldn't be shocked if there's some potion envy that his potions are equivalent to Cure4s, while ours are a +0% potency Cure2 at best.

What I'm most curious about is if he uses "ethers" or not, and if he follows KoH rules or is more generic in his potion use; as I don't expect him to be using any of the buffing meds. (Though would gladly be wrong about that.)

I don't think it will be a trade/temp. items, but in true Chemist fashion, I think he will throw ("cast") items at you. So for fights like Yumcax, he will constantly throw Holy Waters at players/Trusts. Maybe there is RNG involved in terms of what items he throws at you. Always fun to imagine!

For the effort required to obtain Mon. and the timing of his release (after Ygnas), I am hoping that he is something more than a buffed WHM.

Cautiously optimistic/excited. Hoping to see Cornelia in the near future as well via FUBAR grind quest.
By Pantafernando 2020-02-29 02:55:44
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Vanixim said: »
in true Chemist fashion, I think he will throw ("cast") items at you. So for fights like Yumcax, he will constantly throw Holy Waters at players/Trusts. Maybe there is RNG involved in terms of what items he throws at you. Always fun to imagine!

Inb4 for every item tossed by Monbereaux its costs are deducted from players gil, and the items spent are expensive as ***.

Player fights worm in South Gustamberg.

Monbereaux throw a Primeval Brew on player.

Player loses 10M.
By FaeQueenCory 2020-02-29 08:57:58
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Vanixim said: »
For the effort required to obtain Mon. and the timing of his release (after Ygnas), I am hoping that he is something more than a buffed WHM.
iirc they mentioned he'll be comparable to Ygnas.
Which they probably mean he's an alternative, as they've already said he's a healer type.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-03-02 04:56:42
Link | Citer | R

Eh

Next months campaigns are so lame that even the site neglected the advertisement...
[+]
 Odin.Llewelyn
Serveur: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2020-03-02 04:58:44
Link | Citer | R

Still waiting for another Omen Card campaign.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-03-02 06:52:31
Link | Citer | R

I knoooow! Right?
[+]
 Leviathan.Isiolia
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2020-03-02 07:04:56
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »
Eh

Next months campaigns are so lame that even the site neglected the advertisement...

Eh, HTB campaign is always nice, and double Unity coffers will likely be welcome too if Odyssey is the UNM upgrade system (as seems probable).
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-03-02 07:16:59
Link | Citer | R

You do have a point and i need a huge amount of beits to glow my weaps so i can make some profit out of this campaign.

But overall, farming stones isnt something most do, as 2/3 of them.are really cheap nowaday and even with double drops, there should be more options to better use of time. Same thing with unity chests.

Double plasm probably should be more worthwhile cashwise. But personally my prefered campaigns are VW (even though i dont normally spam it but the difference between the campaign and non campaign is huge), double exp/cp/accolades, omen card, NNI, dyna div and why not, DM campaign.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-03-02 08:06:11
Link | Citer | R

A lot of people still farm stones actually, myself included. It's part of my daily routine for dumping merits, since I'm done with selbina battlefield. It's going to suck trying to get into Tenzen or Leviathan, but still good campaigns nonetheless. And unity couldn't have come at a better time, so probably important to hang onto older unm coffers to see what gets upgraded first.
By FaeQueenCory 2020-03-02 08:31:13
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Isiolia said: »
and double Unity coffers will likely be welcome too if Odyssey is the UNM upgrade system (as seems probable).
Having another UCNM campaign for the "third" time in a row (January's, the second half of February's, and now March's too), seems more like confirmation that Odyssey is the promised UCNM augment "new battle content" than anything thus far.

As for the end result, they mentioned how they will be on par with +2 Ambuscade gear... which doesn't mean much for weapons. (And even less for accessories.) But I think it's reasonable to expect weapons to be brought up to the functional level of the Kaja weapons at the very least.
So should be good for new/returning people... depending on how *** the grind for the augment ranks are. Really hoping it's not like Divergence and having to fulltime a piece to get the "exp" for it.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-03-02 08:48:39
Link | Citer | R

There are so many unm gear thats unlikely that everything will be disposable. Even if just 10% of it is interesting, it will a lot of grind.

If i had to guess, you will need some amount of unm battle done at least once. SE was always about not skipping content (aka, egon, ygnas, RoV, etc)
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-03-02 08:56:32
Link | Citer | R

I had started collecting older UNM gear from past campaigns that I had tossed. There's a few items that could potentially be really good. Would be prudent of people to stockpile coffers for all gear ahead of the new content. Cuz it would suck if Jugo Kukri +1 became BIS offhand with 50 delay +250 added damage/hite and Vedrfolnir Wings were 100k/ea xD

As Fae mentioned, they are REALLY trying to prep us to get that gear ready. I'm gonna peruse the list and finish up any NMs I have not gotten stuff for, and stash them on mule.
[+]
 Odin.Senaki
Serveur: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2020-03-02 09:23:21
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Isiolia said: »
Eh

Eh, HTB campaign is always nice, and double Unity coffers will likely be welcome too if Odyssey is the UNM upgrade system (as seems probable).

With any luck, the HTB campaign will lower the prices of stones lol.
By Pantafernando 2020-03-02 10:05:22
Link | Citer | R

That will depend how many bid bots are there.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2020-03-02 10:20:44
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Llewelyn said: »

Not to mention the last time we saw Empyrean items was March 2019, which is *** stupid.
 Fenrir.Melphina
Serveur: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2020-03-02 10:41:25
Link | Citer | R

I wouldn't mind seeing some unity pieces brought up to current gear standards. If they made the weapons comparable to ambuscade weapons I'd jump all over it.

Quote:
Cuz it would suck if Jugo Kukri +1 became BIS offhand with 50 delay +250 added damage/hite and Vedrfolnir Wings were 100k/ea xD

If they upped the wind damage potency from its current 6-10 all the way to the 250 those wings would probably be closer to 200k apiece and I still wouldn't care. The real bottleneck won't be getting the base UNM piece though, but rather whatever upgrade materials the oddysey event requires for us to reforge them. That's of course assuming Oddysey is actually "Unity equipment redux", but if it is they'll require us to jump through hoops collecting McGuffins specific to the Oddysey encounter. Those are the ones people are going to be clammoring for, not the vedolfnir wings, or the base UNM equivalent for whatever other item you're farming for.
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-03-02 11:02:25
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Firedemon said: »
Odin.Llewelyn said: »

Not to mention the last time we saw Empyrean items was March 2019, which is *** stupid.

Along those lines, I'm kind of tired of the SP Keys and miss the Unity Wanted Dial. Shocked they didn't add that this time around with all the Unity Wanted Redux hype.

Pity they havn't gotten around to announcing whatever they were gonna talk about at PAX yet. I recall they said they were "looking into ways of conveying the information via other means" or whatever (which read as making a new youtube video of what they were going to talk about) as far as what to expect for this new Unity Redux, but oh well.
[+]
 Asura.Erupt
user: erupt
By Asura.Erupt 2020-03-02 11:03:29
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Melphina said: »
I wouldn't mind seeing some unity pieces brought up to current gear standards. If they made the weapons comparable to ambuscade weapons I'd jump all over it.

Quote:
Cuz it would suck if Jugo Kukri +1 became BIS offhand with 50 delay +250 added damage/hite and Vedrfolnir Wings were 100k/ea xD

If they upped the wind damage potency from its current 6-10 all the way to the 250 those wings would probably be closer to 200k apiece and I still wouldn't care. The real bottleneck won't be getting the base UNM piece though, but rather whatever upgrade materials the oddysey event requires for us to reforge them. That's of course assuming Oddysey is actually "Unity equipment redux", but if it is they'll require us to jump through hoops collecting McGuffins specific to the Oddysey encounter. Those are the ones people are going to be clammoring for, not the vedolfnir wings, or the base UNM equivalent for whatever other item you're farming for.

Unity materials should never go past the value of selling prize powder vs claiming unity materials for accolades, but then again people pay craploads for spells NPCs sell.
 Shiva.Thorny
Serveur: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-03-02 11:08:59
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Erupt said: »
Unity materials should never go past the value of selling prize powder vs claiming unity materials for accolades, but then again people pay craploads for spells NPCs sell.

This is backwards logic. Prize powders are instant gil; for unity materials to exist on AH they need to be worth more than prize powders.

I still wouldn't expect crazy price hikes though, it's just too easy to get some accolades and burn down the NM for them.
[+]
By Meeble 2020-03-02 11:26:54
Link | Citer | R

They likely think players will enjoy it best if the augment system requires 10x of the old UNM item plus ?x drops from the new content for a random chance at ideal augments, SR-style. Or worse, Oseem-style.

Fun!
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2020-03-02 11:28:55
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
I still wouldn't expect crazy price hikes though, it's just too easy to get some accolades and burn down the NM for them.

Pretty much. The original unity content is just too easy to complete for the mats to cost a lot beyond the first couple days. I can literally farm up almost any of the base pieces with just some trusts and a bit of time. Also this

Quote:
As someone stated above, it'll be fetch-quest-the-McGuffin with a sprinkle of people-paying-way-too-much-for-things-just-to-have-the-new-stuff and a dash of mercs-will-find-a-way-to-sell-it topped off with someone-will-cry-the-game-is-dead.

New content in a nutshell. I look forward to it.
By Pantafernando 2020-03-02 11:29:24
Link | Citer | R

I just wonder what time gate we gonna have now
[+]
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2020-03-02 11:35:01
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
I just wonder what time gate we gonna have now

Pretty much all time gated lockouts are a once per day thing, a la Omen, Arrra remnants salvage, etc etc. Dynamis D is the longest at 3 days, but that seems like a special case to keep it in line with the original dynamis theme. I'd bet either once per day or annoying key item farm that allows multiple entries per day but takes a while to get a single entry. They'd just adjust drop rates downard and/or required items to complete a piece upward if they went with the multiple entries per day method.
By FaeQueenCory 2020-03-02 12:21:02
Link | Citer | R

If i had to guess, you will need some amount of unm battle done at least once. SE was always about not skipping content (aka, egon, ygnas, RoV, etc)
They have said that it won't involve UCNM mats, and won't be through the UCNM NPCs.
At least that's going off of Freshly Picked 47 and 49.

But I can definitely see them locking the ability to augment the relevant gear behind the completion of the relevant RoE (or title? idr if UCNMs have titles or not).
Which aside from Tumult Curator isn't that big of a restriction.

Meeble said: »
They likely think players will enjoy it best if the augment system requires 10x of the old UNM item plus ?x drops from the new content for a random chance at ideal augments, SR-style. Or worse, Oseem-style.
It's single path ranked augments. ala FrePiVana47:
Quote:
ユニティ:ウォンテッド装備の打ち直し
(0:28:27)
「+1」の装備品にオーグメントを付与できるようにする予定です。
オーグメントはランダムではなく、1ルートで強化していくイメージです。
Quote:
Strengthening Unity Wanted Equipment
(0:28:27)
+1 equipment will gain augments.
Augment isn't random, but is a single upgrading route/path.
We should know more details on Friday.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 120 121 122 ... 436 437 438