Escutcheons final stage
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 ... 19 20 21
 Asura.Kaotik
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Kaotic
By Asura.Kaotik 2018-04-24 08:48:27
Link | Citer | R

The mobs that drop cards & give CP are the lower level ones, and while they do die very fast they don't give much CP at all. With 0 JP gifts you'll probably only get like 5-10 points per hour. Obviously if your doing it for the spheres, it is better than nothing.

On THF I average about 20-30 cards per hour farming, I've never tried farming the old zones as I figured they'd just be over crowded coupled with the fact that you have to craft them while your there, might have to try it out if it's really that much better though.
By Staleyx 2018-05-09 06:08:00
Link | Citer | R

Is there a cap on how many spheres you can store on the Focuser?
 Bahamut.Riyoko
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Jone
By Bahamut.Riyoko 2018-05-09 06:15:51
Link | Citer | R

Staleyx said: »
Is there a cap on how many spheres you can store on the Focuser?

By Staleyx 2018-05-09 09:36:35
Link | Citer | R

Hey thanks. Wanting to get near that cap and banging a lot out. ^^
 Carbuncle.Arakon
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: arakon
By Carbuncle.Arakon 2018-05-17 19:40:06
Link | Citer | R

Finally done!

Some stats from my run, I missed some spirits due to forgetting to load the parser.
Lost 841 spirits due to random lost, even close to 100% stability. Biggest lost was 286 when a T3 failed.

• 12467 T1 Catalyst

• 2934 T2 Catalyst

• 1271 T3 Catalyst

78 million gils just for the catalyst
Farmed 36709 items and managed to sync 16946 items. Had sold off some the dark spheres since it's a pain to close them.

• T1 - 31.25% - 11958

• T2 - 8.7% - 3328

• T3 - 4.34% - 1660

[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-17 20:15:13
Link | Citer | R

17,000 interactions, on top of the farming and synthesizing spheres. What the *** were they thinking. That's obscene.

Not even the original EXP was that bad, not even the original relic trials were that bad.
 Asura.Solymr
user: Barber
By Asura.Solymr 2018-05-18 09:43:08
Link | Citer | R

For anyone (like me) that missed arakons stats, the current market rate on asura is about 1.3 billion til to buy the spheres and catalists. Plus the time it takes to push the button 17k times. This is at 30/100/300k for spheres in case anyone wants to see what they are getting into. I still hear chatter from time to time in ls about people wanting to start this and I don't think many understand the magnitude.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-18 10:02:05
Link | Citer | R

It is -not- something you do casually.

If you don't immediately finish it and start cranking out and undercutting everyone else the second you finish you won't even break even with time wasted.

A billion gil is more than 95% are gonna see in their entire game-life.
 Carbuncle.Arakon
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: arakon
By Carbuncle.Arakon 2018-05-18 10:14:10
Link | Citer | R

In case anyone is interested, there is a way to tell your progress using packetviewer add-on. You just need to log the incoming packet 0x75 and look at the 0x28 byte. It shows your current progress divided by 1000.

https://github.com/Windower/Lua/issues/1620

I didn't incorporate it in my logger because the current packet parser in lua add-ons can't parse that packet properly (it is also used for voidwatch) so you have to log the packet to the console or file (pv l f i 0x75) and look at the raw packet.
By Staleyx 2018-05-19 01:53:13
Link | Citer | R

Quote:

If you don't immediately finish it and start cranking out and undercutting everyone else the second you finish you won't even break even with time wasted.

Will you stop crying and *** off already. They could always release new stuff that requires the shield. Every post you are negative af.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-19 03:16:38
Link | Citer | R

It's just fact. Block me and wash the sand out of your vagina.
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2018-05-19 03:18:20
Link | Citer | R

Quote:

Will you stop crying and *** off already. They could always release new stuff that requires the shield. Every post you are negative af.

In before the new dyna weapons requiere finished shields to make/upgrade.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-19 03:25:57
Link | Citer | R

You'll need a time machine to go back to 2017 to be in before on that.

Shield ki already presumed to be needed. Doesn't mean the weapons will be good. and even if they're the best thing ever added it still doesn't justify how disgusting the shield is to make.
[+]
By Staleyx 2018-05-19 04:14:16
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Block me and wash the sand out of your vagina.

That's the best you have? Come on you can do better.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-05-19 09:20:13
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Phuoc said: »
Quote:

More like in after; it's been confirmed for months that they're going to need the completed shields.
By Nyarlko 2018-05-19 09:58:13
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Geriond said: »
Quote:

More like in after; it's been confirmed for months that they're going to need the completed shields.
It was actually part of the initial teaser announcement that the recipes would require the final KI. ^^
[+]
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2018-05-19 13:28:21
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »

Shield ki already presumed to be needed. Doesn't mean the weapons will be good. and even if they're the best thing ever added it still doesn't justify how disgusting the shield is to make.

Well right now there's nothing 100% confirmed, SE scrubs are just teasing people for the last months but as of now, they could stop talking about it and forget it and that would be it for the new dyna weapons requiring shields.

Im not complaining, if it requires it ill make good gil but i dont like the uncertain.
 Odin.Cdgreg
Serveur: Odin
user: cdgreg
By Odin.Cdgreg 2018-05-19 19:55:48
Link | Citer | R

I'm beginning to massively stockpile spheres for the first spirit push, out of curiosity, have you all tried to build light/dark spheres into the end of your synthchains, or did you sell them to buy more lower tier spheres? I've read a few times it can be hard to finish a chain at that level, and losing it all at that point is morale destroyer, so not sure how true/not true that is.
 Ragnarok.Lockfort
user: Terazuma
By Ragnarok.Lockfort 2018-05-19 20:02:32
Link | Citer | R

In a 5 step skillchain, I have about 3 seconds after cutscene is over to input dark/light sphere. If you get fancier and do a 6 step, you will definitely not feed in time if your lag is bad or you are slow by a split second.

In other words, just stick to 4-5 step, and you should always create light/dark if you are not distracted.
 Asura.Kaotik
By Asura.Kaotik 2018-05-19 23:55:11
Link | Citer | R

Is there a reason you guys are using 5 steps? Seems inefficient to me.

The one I read was Deton > Scis > Liquef > Impac > Fragm = Light, that's 25 total points, so averaging 5 points per synth.

I've been 3-stepping, Liquef > Impac > Fragm = Light, which is 21 points but over 3 synths you average 7 per synth.

Is it just because you have an abundance of T1 spheres?
 Asura.Ryujinjakka
user: Antonaki
By Asura.Ryujinjakka 2018-05-20 00:59:47
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Cdgreg said: »
I'm beginning to massively stockpile spheres for the first spirit push, out of curiosity, have you all tried to build light/dark spheres into the end of your synthchains, or did you sell them to buy more lower tier spheres? I've read a few times it can be hard to finish a chain at that level, and losing it all at that point is morale destroyer, so not sure how true/not true that is.

Personally i do 4 step double light/darkness, whenever i try and 5/6 step i lose the chain so it's not worth it for me.

If you sell light/darkness you will need 1000s more low tier spheres.
By Nyarlko 2018-05-20 01:21:36
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »

Well right now there's nothing 100% confirmed, SE scrubs are just teasing people for the last months but as of now, they could stop talking about it and forget it and that would be it for the new dyna weapons requiring shields.

Im not complaining, if it requires it ill make good gil but i dont like the uncertain.

The devs confirmed it in FP39. From the official English summary:
Quote:
We are considering adding weapons to Dynamis-Divergence that are as powerful as the strongest weapons currently available, as well as further upgrading Relic/Mythic/Empyrean weapons.

I believe that it was in FP38 (maybe it was 37?,) but they also specifically called out that the Divergence Weapon recipes would require the Aurum Tome KIs.
 Ragnarok.Lockfort
user: Terazuma
By Ragnarok.Lockfort 2018-05-20 01:38:02
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kaotik said: »

The one I read was Deton > Scis > Liquef > Impac > Fragm = Light, that's 25 total points, so averaging 5 points per synth.

I've been 3-stepping, Liquef > Impac > Fragm = Light, which is 21 points but over 3 synths you average 7 per synth.

I farm spheres at whatever camps are available. If I have the choice I'd choose palborough, and farm other zones to supplement. But sometimes competition becomes an issue so I pick other empty zones.

Are you just exclusively doing that 3-step or also doing other similar ones like ind > reverb > fusion?

If you plan on using only 3 spheres, not even incorporating light at the end of that, then you will be taking a long, long time to finish.

Not to mention only 2 camps can supply you mainly liquefaction/impaction(and consequently frag). Are you just outright buying them or farming them with no competition?

Being point efficient is important, but being able to mass feed spheres in a day also helps speed up the process. It doesn't have to be mutually exclusive.
 Asura.Kaotik
By Asura.Kaotik 2018-05-20 20:18:01
Link | Citer | R

I've been farming the cards, very little competition at the camps I go to, but I am aware that the old synths are better returns than the cards.

I basically farm up a bunch of each type of card and craft em, then do 4 different chains, one for each of the T2 sphere types. And I am using the Light/Dark spheres that I get as well to speed it up, but just left em off, so guess it's a 4 step if you count that. I had just read about people using like 3-4 different T1s in a chain and that just seemed like a waste of time.
 Odin.Cdgreg
Serveur: Odin
user: cdgreg
By Odin.Cdgreg 2018-05-21 22:06:32
Link | Citer | R

I've been farming the cards, very little competition at the camps I go to, but I am aware that the old synths are better returns than the cards.

I basically farm up a bunch of each type of card and craft em, then do 4 different chains, one for each of the T2 sphere types. And I am using the Light/Dark spheres that I get as well to speed it up, but just left em off, so guess it's a 4 step if you count that. I had just read about people using like 3-4 different T1s in a chain and that just seemed like a waste of time.

I'm of a similar mindset, I prefer to farm cards, earn some job points, etc. I tried to PM you to share some camps and see if you'd share yours since we're on different server but it says you're not registered. I'm not sure why it says that since you're clearly on here...but regardless. If you can figure out how, send me a PM and let's share some camps! if anyone else is interested in sharing card camps feel free to PM.
By Pankas 2018-05-22 13:29:40
Link | Citer | R

Quick math for you to show, that even if you think you get better efficiency, doesn't mean you are winning:
4 step - 9 per sphere- 36 points – 48.600 per chain will need 2777.8 chains and will cost 135 mil
5 step - 7.6 per sphere - 38 points 48.900 per chain. Will need 2631.6 chains and will cost 128 mil
6 step - 6.6 per sphere - 40 points 49.200 per chain. Will need 2500 chains and will cost 123 mil
So as you can see it is additional 277 chains you will need to perform. It is not a big difference in gil, but time wise, farming extra 300 spheres of each tier definitely won;t add you any efficiency
Aditional note, t1-t2-t3 spheres are in proportion of 1:4:8 (correct me if i'm wrong), so you will definetly have more one, so might as well use them.
 Asura.Kaotik
By Asura.Kaotik 2018-05-22 19:01:52
Link | Citer | R

Yeah you're right on a per chain basis, but you have to remember you are using extra spheres in each of these chains, which adds up.

4 step = 36 points = 9 per sphere, 100,000 / 9 = 11,112 spheres
5 step = 38 points = 7.6 per sphere, 100,000 / 7.6 = 13,158 spheres.
6 step (what people have recommended) = 100,000 / 6.6 = 15,152 spheres.

By adding that one extra step you just added 2,000 spheres to your total. That is even more extreme if you don't use light/dark for every chain, and 6 stepping is an extra 4,000 spheres.

The question is do you farm that many extra T1s, personally I haven't, and you would probably be far better off trying to sell the T1s and buying T2s with them, or just taking the extra time you save at the focuser and going to farm.
By Pankas 2018-05-23 04:01:50
Link | Citer | R

Guess it all boils down quality over quantity.
I chose quantity route, as i do have overflow of t1's. I only looked at farming your own spheres, so by the time i get 2.5k t3's i should have farmed 20k t1's and around 5k t'2s (i looked back and average proportions by Arakon are 8:2:1 (t1:t2:t3).
In regards of selling t1's for t2's: 10 scision spheres is worth the same as 1 fusion/fragmentation sphere, but 10 scision spheres are minimum 20 points (if added to your 3 or 4 step chain), where t2 sphere is just 15 points.
Once again, my maths is not for people who already have ***ton of gil, it is for those, who are thinking of farming and minimise the cost, make good trades and speed up the process, were possible.
I'm glad i'm on a server, where you can actually trade spheres with other fellow crafter's, makes time of the shield making less painful. We were even thinking to create AA meeting for everyone to tell the story to ease of the pain and suffering :D
 Asura.Slyshenx
user: Slyshen1
By Asura.Slyshenx 2018-05-29 18:02:44
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Solymr said: »
For anyone (like me) that missed arakons stats, the current market rate on asura is about 1.3 billion til to buy the spheres and catalists. Plus the time it takes to push the button 17k times. This is at 30/100/300k for spheres in case anyone wants to see what they are getting into. I still hear chatter from time to time in ls about people wanting to start this and I don't think many understand the magnitude.

You are smoking crack if you think making one of these shields costs even HALF that. You can make a shield with ~500M even if you BUY all the spheres at top price. Every single person I've talked to, and asked about the shields has given me the average of about 300M, buying all spheres and catalysts. Everyone else I ask, ignores me, I'm assuming because they do NOT want people to know it's not nearly as expensive as one would like you to think.

**This is for the last stage only and doesn't account for the extra few 100M+ that you will spend getting to the last stage.**
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2018-05-29 18:07:33
Link | Citer | R

edit: not worth it
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 ... 19 20 21